Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lockback posted:

I am completely untrained and have 0 expertise, but Embiid goes to the floor wayyy to often and I don't think he knows how to fall right.

I was listening to a podcast that mentioned the exact same thing. They speculated Embiid falls a lot because his first sport was Volleyball and Volleyball players constantly dive all over the floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

Who did the 76ers trade again for these picks?

Mcw and cap space .

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WhyteRyce posted:

No it wasn't to sign Rajon Rondo. It was to offer Wesley Matthews a max contract even though we had no idea if he'd even sign with us. Rondo was just that last resort acquaintance you kind of know but not really you invite with you to a concert because all your other options bailed on you and at that point you figure how bad could he be.

Right, thank you. That doesn't make it any better, though.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It was a terrible trade that everyone knew was terrible at the time. But Vlade hasn't been completely disastrous since then. I like that he brought on Ken Catanella and hasn't really done any panic moves. I'd be ok with seeing what he can do the next couple of seasons, if only for the sake of stability to the org. But when we finally hit lottery luck only to have to swap out to the middle of the first round, Vlade will probably get shuffled off to some quiet corner and we'll have a brand new regime and the same garbage we always have.

On the other hand, when Philly gets a bajillion lottery picks in the next 3 years and the media is praising Colangelo for building a great team, Hinkie will get mad and want to work for us for pennies on the dollar out of spite

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Haa anyone actually praised colengo on anything, though?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

A controlled fall is way better than really forcing yourself to remain upright. You see LeBron do it when he's too far off balance. Like the end of the spurs game

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

It was a terrible trade that everyone knew was terrible at the time. But Vlade hasn't been completely disastrous since then. I like that he brought on Ken Catanella and hasn't really done any panic moves. I'd be ok with seeing what he can do the next couple of seasons, if only for the sake of stability to the org. But when we finally hit lottery luck only to have to swap out to the middle of the first round, Vlade will probably get shuffled off to some quiet corner and we'll have a brand new regime and the same garbage we always have.

On the other hand, when Philly gets a bajillion lottery picks in the next 3 years and the media is praising Colangelo for building a great team, Hinkie will get mad and want to work for us for pennies on the dollar out of spite

I actually appreciate Hinkie is getting credit even away from pedantic nerds like us. I feel like 10 years ago a switch of GM like that would mean the old guy gets forgotten, but now people who give a poo poo about who a GM actually is are able to understand what moves were made by whom pretty easily.

I suspect Hinkie will keep getting credit, unless Colangelo makes some amazing picks.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Embiid + Zing. A glimpse of what might have been.

https://twitter.com/highkin/status/824331783378534405?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tae posted:

Sixers fans like his draft a lot

I liked the ersan deal.

That's about it.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

A controlled fall is way better than really forcing yourself to remain upright. You see LeBron do it when he's too far off balance. Like the end of the spurs game

I completely agree, but Embiid seems to not make controlled falls. At least from my eye, maybe he is. But (and this sounds scarier than I mean it to be) he looks more like Derrick Rose did when he started trying to get more contact instead of avoiding it. Instead of falling in a controlled, graceful way like Lebron does, his explosiveness way just taking him to the ground and he seemed to have lots of awkward landings.

Like I said, maybe he is doing a better job, but it has me a little bit worried.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Omg the Worlds front court ...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Embiid hyperextended his knee just this weekend on a on (relatively) unathletic landing off of a drive.

He's getting much better on falling tho . He falls less and lands on his rear end more and more.

But his coordination on drives still needs a lot of experience .

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

US will probably win because they have less rookies. Looks like a fun group. I wonder the starting lineups?

US: KAT/Turner/Simmons/Booker/Russell
World: Embiid/Zing/Sabonis/Hield/Murray ? World backcourt is tough

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

There is not a single Small Forward on the World's roster.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

xbilkis posted:

The jersey ad is ugly and pointless and nobody should accept its presence!

gently caress jersey logos
Boycott all jersey logo corporations

Wheres the most famous man on twitter, pants free zone, get that hash tag trending

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Paul Zuvella posted:

There is not a single Small Forward on the World's roster.

Hezonja :(...

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Lockback posted:

I actually appreciate Hinkie is getting credit even away from pedantic nerds like us. I feel like 10 years ago a switch of GM like that would mean the old guy gets forgotten, but now people who give a poo poo about who a GM actually is are able to understand what moves were made by whom pretty easily.

I suspect Hinkie will keep getting credit, unless Colangelo makes some amazing picks.

Agreed. It helps him a lot that Embiid is a monster that turned into the physical embodiment of The Process, even down to giving himself that nickname, and is still showing love to Hinkie all the time.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Saric had played 3 this year

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jokic and Saric on the same team

Nice

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

Saric had played 3 this year

That might be why he, quite literally, has been worth 0 wins this year!

Seriously, Dario is in no way a Small forward.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KAT should be on the World team since he's on the Dominican national team

Also he should be on the actual all-star team.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 25, 2017

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
The Philly GM job is really easy right now. Your rookie's get better, you draft the consensus #1 pick, you trade some 2024 1-55 protected picks for some high upside guys that other teams don't want, you overpay a few vets and you maybe take on some salary.

The problem is when Philly needs to make the next step. Colangelo isn't the person I would want in charge of making those moves.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

KAT should be on the World team since he's on the Dominican national team

Also he should be on the actual all-star team.

His defense needs to get better. I am ok leaving him off, though he probably should be an early consideration for a replacement if they need it.

Agreed on World, but then you have a weird "Front-Court vs Back-Court" game going on.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

His defense needs to get better. I am ok leaving him off, though he probably should be an early consideration for a replacement if they need it.

He's going to be the first 22/12 player since the 70s to not be an all-star

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lmao what on earth.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Rondo for Bosh would be perfect because it's a one for one swap of guys who have no business on a basketball court in 2017.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

It would be funny that trading for a guy who needs to immediately retire or risk death would make the Bulls better.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Tae posted:

Not loving up Hinkie's work.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/824357393211555840

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The most useless news.

"Scientists HAVE looked into chocolate curing all diseases, but it has not shown results."

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
N: Pacers G Glenn Robinson III is going to participate in the dunk contest.

V: Mmkay. That's something.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
You have one one message

"Hi David, this is Steve Mills with the Knicks. Look, we want to talk to you about a Carmelo Anthony swap. We're thinking it starts with Kevin Lo-*deleted*"

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

euphronius posted:

Embiid hyperextended his knee just this weekend on a on (relatively) unathletic landing off of a drive.

He's getting much better on falling tho . He falls less and lands on his rear end more and more.

But his coordination on drives still needs a lot of experience .

Falling onto your rear end isn't perfect either, its a good way to send shocks directly to your spine

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
In a just world there are no commercials and jerseys are plastered with advertisements big and small

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Why the gently caress would the cavs trade love for Melos washed up rear end

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Bron said no

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Brolander posted:

Bron said no

Lebron never said no he was just reported to be laughing for ten minutes straight.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why would the Knicks trade for love ???

They need to rebuild.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

Why would the Knicks trade for love ???

They need to rebuild.

That is rebuilding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Disagree mr. Zuvella.

Unless they were going to flip him again for picks.

• Locked thread