Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It might be a modified version of Substitute? (Next turn, caster takes damage for the target)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I'm pretty sure I managed to pick out "evade" in the effect and while I don't know the actual Japanese name and Chinese doesn't map exactly to kanji I think it's something more like "predict" or "foresee."

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Phlogistic posted:

The guy says that there's original songs playing instead of the licensed ones because of "rights problems". He means just for the show, right? Not the Asia version as a whole? :ohdear:

Chinese Trailer just went up on the Bandai Namco channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdDamNVsHJM.

All generic music. This is slightly worrying.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Valhawk posted:

Chinese Trailer just went up on the Bandai Namco channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdDamNVsHJM.

A lot of SRW trailers go up with generic music, even for the Japanese release.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Valhawk posted:

Did the SEA Gundam games had the original music? It might be a China thing...

Anyone care to hop on Terada/Bandai's twitter and ask for confirmation since the Taipei show wasn't too clear?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I don't want to jump to conclusions but if it has no anime music at all that would be a serious barrier to attracting new fans to the series I think.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Music didn't stop them shipping Super Robot Academy. It didn't work, but they did it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't want to jump to conclusions but if it has no anime music at all that would be a serious barrier to attracting new fans to the series I think.

do people really come to the SRW series for crappy synth remixes of nana mizuki songs?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Endorph posted:

do people really come to the SRW series for crappy synth remixes of nana mizuki songs?

I come to SRW to sing along with my mecha beatdowns.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Endorph posted:

Honestly, the BGMs are something I consider to be nearly as important as the visuals in SRW.

Music is a key component in creating memorable moments in both life and entertainment and SRW thrives on having the player take command and carry out those moments. One can argue that that's assuming the player is familiar with the source material but, considering the niche nature of this, I'm comfortable assuming so.

Would you say the Axis Drop would feel exactly the same without Beyond the Time playing in the background? What about GGG doing Hell & Heaven without the theme? Hell, what about Basara without his songs?

The BGMs matter quite a bit, I think.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Endorph posted:

I'd probably be less concerned if all the generic themes in the video didn't sound like poo poo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Again:

Previous SRW games have had generic theme songs on previews for a variety of reasons, including having with-theme songs version of the video played in a separate place. (It's because of streaming licensing issues most likely.) It is a bit early to instantly jump to assume this means they're replacing all the songs especially when they didn't in GGen Gen or whatnot.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Sorry, I haven't watched the whole thing but it looks like just a Chinese text version of the last PV they uploaded that they showed on the stream?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I hated the Gundam Musou games because they didn't have any gundam music.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Tae posted:

I hated the Gundam Musou games because they didn't have any gundam music.

The Japanese versions did and it was some really really bad music. Real bad.

TheMajinZenki
Aug 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFAjJDagCEI&t=178s English version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uNE8UP44mo&t=664s Japanese version

They may not be the best arrangements ever, but to me the removal of "Meikyoshisui" makes a very big difference.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I remember they did something like that in one of the ACE games and it was horrifying. Nobody probably remembers that though cause they were too busy muting the TV after the fifth forced playing of some Macross Frontier music.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Will V support custom soundtracks? I end up replacing a lot of the game-version tracks with the real deal anyway so hopefully at least that feature is in.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Levantine posted:

Will V support custom soundtracks? I end up replacing a lot of the game-version tracks with the real deal anyway so hopefully at least that feature is in.
I don't think that's known yet, as well as how it interacts with the special soundtrack that is in the deluxe edition.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I almost always listen to podcasts when gaming so legit music isn't that big a concern for me. I could understand people wanting the legit music though. (I always turn subtitles on in games as well. So I can read whatever is being babbled on about.)

And in SRW's case only like a third of the music I am familiar with even as a robot dork anyhow so even the HEY ITS THING I REMEMBER deal only helps so much. poo poo, when some stuff has the back half theme change I get cranky because it ain't familiar anymore.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Levantine posted:

I think they took out hte ability to upload music to your PS4 from a USB stick, so probably not.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Hunter Noventa posted:

I think they took out hte ability to upload music to your PS4 from a USB stick, so probably not.
Yeah, that's true but I basically forgot since I bought a USB stick just for the purpose of always being in my PS4 holding music.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
If we can't use custom music and there is no Animesong English version, then I will be sad.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'm watching the new Voltron show and yeah they should totally use this one for SRW. The castle is now* a carrier battleship unit with two pilots and weapons and shields and everything.

*it was a ship in Golion too but they barely used it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah and i can actually remember the names of the less important voltron subpilots, unlike in golion

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Yeah, it'd be a pretty sweet addition.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Hunter Noventa posted:

Someone in the old thread said you could install an app called Media Player and that will let you play mp3s/videos off your USB driver. Some Kamen Rider game was also doing it at the time.

I never took the time to figure it out in MD, I'll look into it later. The function was there I thought.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Endorph posted:

yeah and i can actually remember the names of the less important voltron subpilots, unlike in golion

One, Plus One, Plus One, Plus One, Plus One, and Da Da Da Da.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Endorph posted:

Ippei, Daijiro, Hiyoshi, and Megumi, aren't they?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

MarsDragon posted:

Ippei, Daijiro, Hiyoshi, and Megumi, aren't they?

No, no, their names were Juuzou, Daisaku, Chizuru, and Kosuke.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Honestly, I don't even remember the name of the first guy in GoLion. Was it Ken?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Caphi posted:

Honestly, I don't even remember the name of the first guy in GoLion. Was it Ken?
akira

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also golion is hosed up because

quote:

Isamu pilots the Red Lion and wears a blue uniform
Akira leads the GoLion team in the Black Lion and wears a red uni
He piloted the Blue Lion and wore a black uniform.

it's also where gundam 00 pulled its 'a character dies tragically but their twin brother immediately replaces them and everyone forgets about them' trick from

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I never did understand the colors not matching.

Some of the later shows keep it and some "fix" it, and then the show before the current one went and introduced three trainee pilots that acted like subpilots and provided specific powerups. That show also had the idea if different Voltron forms by having diffent lions form the core which was neat.

Throw in all the shows, crisis on infinate Voltrons.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Caphi posted:

Akira Kogane, and the other pilots were Takashi Shirogane (who died), Isamu Kurogane, Tsuyoshi Seido, Hiroshi Suzushi and Princess Farla (who replaced Shirogane as a pilot). And the only reason I know all this is because I looked it up.

Inferno-sama fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 26, 2017

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I can actually halfway remember the names of the original Golion pilots, because of how it ties into the messed up colors.

Shirogane piloted the Blue Lion,
Kurogane piloted the Red Lion, and
Kogane (which is gold) piloted the Black Lion.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Netflix voltron has them color matched so it makes sense.

Am I able to have a Singapore account and a US account on the same ps4? Also, Singapore was the right account to use for getting the English translations of these games wasn't it?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, you can have different accounts on the same PS4, you just have to log into the right one when you want to play that account's games. So be sure not to delete the PS4 account once you have the game.

and yeah, singapore should be it.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Endorph posted:

Yeah, you can have different accounts on the same PS4, you just have to log into the right one when you want to play that account's games. So be sure not to delete the PS4 account once you have the game.

and yeah, singapore should be it.

You don't have to switch accounts to play them, just buy them. I've played all my digital imports on my main US account. I assume you have to keep the owning account around, but I'm not sure how that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Schwarzwald posted:

I can actually halfway remember the names of the original Golion pilots, because of how it ties into the messed up colors.

Shirogane piloted the Blue Lion,
Kurogane piloted the Red Lion, and
Kogane (which is gold) piloted the Black Lion.

So if OGS ever gets a fourth Space Noah carrier it'd probably be Kogane? I didn't know the names kept going after the 3 we have.

• Locked thread