Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
i know that violent ultranationalists accuse left-wing people of being cowards, but not being able to come out and say "I don't believe Muslims are people because I'm a legit stormtrooper" or something is pretty funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Government confident Trump's expected refugee ban won't kill resettlement deal

Tell im 'es dreamin

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

open24hours posted:

Surely making terrorist threats is illegal by now?

If you're white it isn't terrorism, it's either mental health, robust debate, or boys will be boys.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hooman posted:

If you're white it isn't terrorism, it's either mental health, robust debate, or boys will be boys.

"High spirit"

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

There's an investigation into a pilot who was flying around VIPS and politicians unlicensed, and his idea of competition was destroying other pilots planes (and/or possibly insurance fraud). More here (possibly paywalled)

quote:

His charges stretched back to July 2014, when he allegedly attacked an aircraft engineer in Charters Towers, leaving him with "permanent and life-changing head injuries", and raised serious questions about aircraft security at Mount Isa and Charters Towers airports.

Police alleged Mr Hoch targeted two private air charter operations, but not major commercial carriers, at Mount Isa and Charters Towers.

Aviation experts found "abrasive material" applied directly into engines caused the "catastrophic engine failure" and the forced landing of two planes, police alleged.

Another two suffered engine failures identified before they took off.

The incidents sparked a safety review at Mount Isa Airport, which police said resulted in new measures put in place and no further aircrafts being damaged.

Police also alleged fraudulent insurance claims, flying without a licence, dangerous operation of aircraft and "numerous" safety breaches, mostly at Mount Isa and Charters Towers.

Police said a "significant witness had come forward in relation to the aircraft damage but appealed for anyone else who knew anything to get in touch.

Mr Hoch's 342 charges include numerous counts of endangering the safety of a person in a vehicle with intent, dangerous operation of a vehicle, flying aircraft without a licence, fraud offences, and offences in relation to aircraft.

:yikes:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I hope attempted murder is in those 342 charges. That's hosed up.

Tasmantor
Aug 13, 2007
Horrid abomination

Zenithe posted:

Was it a goon who noticed that sieg heil?

Wouldn't that be a sieg hail?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Eighty-two-year-old conservative Christian MP the Reverend Fred Nile has been called many things in his time in public life, but last week was the first time he was deemed a threat to international security.

Mr Nile MLC, the longest-serving member of the NSW Parliament, says both he and his wife, Silvana Nero, were last week denied entry to the United States because they were told they presented an unspecified security risk.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
I thought the US loved radical Christians

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/824098385476980736

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/JoelDry9/status/824029799731511296

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/9NewsAUS/status/824088404967165956

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Watch them push for deregulation of state planning systems while giving take breaks to developers.

Then watch it not work and the quality of housing fall even further.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Fair play to him, that's an incredible bit of comedic writing and timing.

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why

I think he was just having his turn at abusing parliamentary travel.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Happy Hottest 100 day everybody! :)

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Potentially unpopular opinion but I'm pretty annoyed that Triple J holds the Hot100 today

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Recoome posted:

Potentially unpopular opinion but I'm pretty annoyed that Triple J holds the Hot100 today

Hot 100 is on New Years, I thought you were cool.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Happy Straya Day Cunts!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Yeah sorry I mean Hottest 100 but phone autocorrected

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

I tried to dress in flag colours for Australia Day, but I don't own any yellow clothes.

Had to settle for black and red.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Urcher posted:

I tried to dress in flag colours for Australia Day, but I don't own any yellow clothes.

Had to settle for black and red.

actually same

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I feel like this is going to be a really rough one. The hard right's on the rise and there's already been some crazy stuff like the vandalism of the islam billboard. Some poo poo's probably going to go down.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Anime Dave imposter spotted on a bus

I know it isn't you cause I live in the Borgie belt

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What a time to be alive

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Liberal Democrats have an autistic obsession w being anti "PC"

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood
If you're booking cabs in SEQ because you need special assitance stop; and start using the free service: http://www.transitcare.com.au

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
First Dog:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

What? Get hosed. What?

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

Holy gently caress

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
White boomer speak

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
What are the aborigines doing to that poor man the rest of the year that he desperately needs one aborigine-free day?

My bet's on existing.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

A good Leak that recognises that no matter how many nice words we put around our genocidal actions, it was still an invasion?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
yeah i'm really loving confused by that bill leak cartoon, you have to read it really obtusely for it to not be critical of australia day???

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Heavily armed police in body armor + guns at the Brisbane protest

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

ungulateman posted:

yeah i'm really loving confused by that bill leak cartoon, you have to read it really obtusely for it to not be critical of australia day???

I didn't even realise it was a Leak until Whiskey pointed it out.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

As a privileged white male I feel I don't get a pat on the back enough, furthermore

Can't wait for those stuck in White Australia racist fucks to die off, making GBS threads their adult nappies alone in a minimum staffing nursing home abandoned by their spawn.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

ungulateman posted:

https://twitter.com/BLeakEksplayned/status/824386597424504832

• Locked thread