Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

lezard_valeth posted:

I want Nerd Dad Gohan to fight an alternate universe Gohan that didn't skip training

And I want Nerd Dad Gohan to win just to spite the salty mofos that won't shutup about Gohan skipping his training and becoming weak

Nerd Gohan would probably still clown the poo poo out of future Gohan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

at this point, anyone that isn't human could clown future gohan. super saiyan isn't that impressive anymore unless you're krillin or tien or w/e

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Manatee Cannon posted:

at this point, anyone that isn't human could clown future gohan. super saiyan isn't that impressive anymore unless you're krillin or tien or w/e

Considering he lost to weaker versions of the androids I'm willing to be even Krillin and Tien could give him a serious run for his money.

Probably not win but fight in the same ballpark.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they absolutely could not. I'm sure the tri beam would be very annoying tho

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

they absolutely could not. I'm sure the tri beam would be very annoying tho

Okay, let's be real here. The Neo TriBeam would kill Future Gohan.

The only reason it likely wouldn't kill Imperfect Cell is because the dude has crazy regen and the insane Freezer biology.

Like, yeah, Tien normally cannot punch that high above his level- but the Neo Tri Beam kicked the poo poo out of Semi-Perfect Cell, kept him from being unable to do anything in return. In fact, we know it was powerful because he let Cell fly up towards him before putting him right the gently caress back down again. It couldn't kill the fucker, but it basically would have wasted anything less powerful than him.

Anything less powerful than him includes all of the Androids and a good number of the rest of the cast. And Piccolo, for that matter. For comparison on how effective it was, Piccolo couldn't do poo poo to Imperfect Cell after his gorging, and 18 and 16 were powerless against SemiPerfect Cell.

Give credit where it's due, Tien knows how to suicide attack.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it did literally nothing to cell but punt him in a hole over and over. there is nothing to say that it even hurt him, much like it didn't work on nappa

if tien killing himself on nappa without doing gently caress all is what you meant by him knowing how to suicide attack tho, sure I agree. he and chiaotzu are both very good at that

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

it did literally nothing to cell but punt him in a hole over and over. there is nothing to say that it even hurt him, much like it didn't work on nappa

if tien killing himself on nappa without doing gently caress all is what you meant by him knowing how to suicide attack tho, sure I agree. he and chiaotzu are both very good at that

It kept Imperfect Cell from being able to do poo poo all. It was physically overpowering him every shot. That's more than anything anyone up until Super Vegeta managed to do to him.

And with Nappa, dude was already dying and Tri Beam needs both hands to be done properly. Of which he had lost one. I don't think that counts against Tien.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Burkion posted:

It kept Imperfect Cell from being able to do poo poo all. It was physically overpowering him every shot.

And eventually Tien would die and Cell would still be completely fine.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

KoB posted:

And eventually Tien would die and Cell would still be completely fine.

I already covered that.

Cell has insane regeneration and Freeza's unique biology. Nothing short of vaporizing him entirely would put him down- we know that for a fact. Tri Beam isn't a vaporizing kind of attack. Some one who isn't that loving weird and alien would have had their insides liquefied. Some one like Future Gohan, who wasn't even stronger than a weaker 17 and 18.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That is neat fanfic but it isn't exactly relevant here.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Tien tri beamed some random frieza soldiers and they didn't die, he aint poo poo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

That is neat fanfic but it isn't exactly relevant here.

I am fairly sure that Lady Broly proves all fanfiction is relevant here.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
tien's power level is exactly "at great personal risk, capable of slowing down the villain du jour until a main character shows up"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tien's power is in excavation

last time tien won a fight was before piccolo was introduced and he got lucky. the tri beam only works on the ground and everyone that gets hit by it no sells it. he'd be better off spamming solar flares until gohan went blind

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cease to Hope posted:

tien's power level is exactly "at great personal risk, capable of slowing down the villain du jour until a main character shows up"

This puts his power somewhere on the same scale as Future Mai.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

imo the tri beam pinning down cell was extremely loving dope and that's all i need to know about it

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.

Burkion posted:

I already covered that.

Cell has insane regeneration and Freeza's unique biology. Nothing short of vaporizing him entirely would put him down- we know that for a fact. Tri Beam isn't a vaporizing kind of attack. Some one who isn't that loving weird and alien would have had their insides liquefied. Some one like Future Gohan, who wasn't even stronger than a weaker 17 and 18.

Why didn't he use it on the androids if it was so great? When 18 was beating Vegeta's rear end he really could have spoke up. Kind of a dick move, Tien.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Yinlock posted:

imo the tri beam pinning down cell was extremely loving dope and that's all i need to know about it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so I assume Goku is the one that begs for this universe tournament to Zeno, and Zeno thinks its a good idea

if its called the 'universe survival' arc doesnt that mean goku basically got 9 universes worth of people killed for a tournament?

goku confirmed for the true god of destruction

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

eonwe posted:

so I assume Goku is the one that begs for this universe tournament to Zeno, and Zeno thinks its a good idea

if its called the 'universe survival' arc doesnt that mean goku basically got 9 universes worth of people killed for a tournament?

Zeno came up with it on his own after seeing the 6 v 7 tourney but Goku doubling up the Zenos might have made things be a lot worse

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

eonwe posted:

It doesn't. There's 13 universes.

He got a whole 12 universes worth of people killed for a tournament, since only the winner gets to live.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

eonwe posted:

The tournament was planned since the last one. Zeno showed up and said hey lets do this but with every universe.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

eonwe posted:

Goku already destroyed Future Universe 7 by way of not bringing a drat seal.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Someone needs to stop these gods and gokus.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

I want Nerd Dad Gohan to fight an alternate universe Gohan that didn't skip training

And I want Nerd Dad Gohan to win just to spite the salty mofos that won't shutup about Gohan skipping his training and becoming weak

a Gohan of Destruction

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Blaze Dragon posted:

It doesn't. There's 12 universes.

He got a whole 11 universes worth of people killed for a tournament, since only the winner gets to live.

Each universe has a twin, and together their numbers always add up to 13.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Bacontotem posted:

a Gohan of Destruction

But which one will be the Hanjo of Destruction?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
If by the end of Super Goku becomes a God of Destruction, would Vegeta be his angel?

Is that how Vegeta will finally surpass Goku?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

lezard_valeth posted:

If by the end of Super Goku becomes a God of Destruction, would Vegeta be his angel?

Is that how Vegeta will finally surpass Goku?

Considering all the Angels look basically identical I don't think Angels are a hired job like GoD is.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also I think Vegeta would rather dig his eyes out with Whis' staff rather than having to spend his life in service to Goku.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Vegeta would make more sense as a God of Destruction anyway

Goku can be a new Supreme Kai, they don't do anything important and it would mean that Goku and Vegeta's final duel to the death would have to kill them both at once with no clear winner so it's good

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

Goku can be a new Supreme Kai,

It doesn't WORK THAT WAY!!!!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
But Goku was briefly a supreme kai before being murdered by Zamasu.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I want Trunks to hop in that drat time machine and pick up Teen Gohan in his prime for the Universal Tournament

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Parrotine posted:

I want Trunks to hop in that drat time machine and pick up Teen Gohan in his prime for the Universal Tournament

No, Trunks just arrives with fifteen other Future Trunks and fifteen other Future Mais.

"Turned out we all get along real well!"

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kurui Reiten posted:

No, Trunks just arrives with fifteen other Future Trunks and fifteen other Future Mais.

"Turned out we all get along real well!"

He reveals that nearly every Trunks in every timeline is cool and good and a friend. Except for one. There was one they had to leave behind because they just couldn't tolerate him.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

http://www.konbini.com/us/entertainment/dragon-ball-z-goku-ambassador-2020-tokyo-olympics/

Goku is going to more than one tournament.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Blaze Dragon posted:

He reveals that nearly every Trunks in every timeline is cool and good and a friend. Except for one. There was one they had to leave behind because they just couldn't tolerate him.

You know the craziest thing about this? During the terrible, awful episode that was basically the Oolong episode in OG Dragon Ball but worse, Trunks was forced to crossdress.

This is what he ended up looking like:

compare

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

DrPaper posted:

It doesn't WORK THAT WAY!!!!

Kibito had Potara earrings even though he wasn't a Supreme Kai. It's a madhouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Blaze Dragon posted:

Secret truth is this is the 'Future' Trunks from Xenoverse.

• Locked thread