Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i realized playing in a group last night that arcade is not worth it at all. between the long queue times (because no one is playing the poo poo modes) and how often you lose (because it's poo poo) you get more boxes just doing quickplay lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh HELL yes!~ *does the box dance* JUSTICE RAINS FROM ABOVE *the box swag is making me horny* Loots On Boys!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Soon enough you'll all be doing the Quad Dupes Dance with me. :megadeath:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

MUH LOOTZ lol, but on the for real: This game is unplayable solo lmFAO. Bitch! Furreealdoh. This matchmaking is complete BlizzAIDS

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I dunno how your PC is but we play almost nightly

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I liked solo queuing last season but the current Meata is just boring so I haven't played much competitive other than being drunk and playing with a Wii U controller.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Black Baby Goku posted:

I dunno how your PC is but we play almost nightly

Its rough out there on PS4

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I liked solo queuing last season but the current Meata is just boring so I haven't played much competitive other than being drunk and playing with a Wii U controller.

3 and 4 tanks has made competitive less fun, yeah. it's made me play roles i didn't play much before, so that's kinda cool. but outside of 2cp maps where it's more common to see mercy, torb, and sym, both teams generally share 5 out of 6 heroes and its not as interesting

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mercy Torb and Symmetra is the unholy trinity of Tedious AIDS.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Yeah rereading what I wrote, that sounds complimentary towards them which is not what I intended.

I meant that the only comps you see outside of the standard 3 tank is Torb/Sym/Mercy (and sometimes mei) garbage, and that viable team comps in general are way more restrictive and lovely compared to last season where there was a lot more room for different heroes. I don't think I've played against a genji or reaper in weeks

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

i realized playing in a group last night that arcade is not worth it at all. between the long queue times (because no one is playing the poo poo modes) and how often you lose (because it's poo poo) you get more boxes just doing quickplay lol

Wormskull posted:

I haven't played OW since the christmas event ended

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Playing drunk controller elo is fun because no one knows the Meata and the people who do everyone else just laughs at them and tells them to shut the gently caress up poindexter lmfao.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

https://youtu.be/7O0rpOIZ_yI

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

update's out. dva's health got nerfed a bit and you can equip multiple sprays and emotes on each hero.

im liking the holiday event -> new map -> big content update -> holiday cycle. keeps me comin back for the loot baby

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Extremely lustful towards the new Reinhardt skin.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

win

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in the ctf mode you have to stand still on the enemy flag for several seconds to cap it, it's just outside of the enemy base and the cap timer resets if you take damage. blizzard

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

in the ctf mode you have to stand still on the enemy flag for several seconds to cap it, it's just outside of the enemy base and the cap timer resets if you take damage. blizzard

The best part of CTF modes in other games is being able to create a distraction and have someone sneak in and snag it.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

The best part of CTF modes in other games is being able to create a distraction and have someone sneak in and snag it.

Yeah. It seems like it kinda blows in Owatch atm

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
i think the idea is that you have to win a team fight to cap the flag, like with capturing a point in other maps? (unless the enemy team is incompetent and lets you sneak their flag out)

seems built for stalls, like all ctf modes ever made.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the problem is that in this game you have stuff like rein+bastion+sym that is super tedious to deal with and you've gotta also leave mates at home to defend, so as long as there's a cap timer it's designed to end in a draw lol.

at least comp is a lot more fun now that dva isn't immortal, had a good time crawling up gold after throwing all my placement matches with ws lolol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i hope they give rein a total redesign or something. boring as hell to play and play against. cut the shield HP in half and make him faster so he can be more aggressive or something idk. hes the game's biggest tumor rn

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I think he's fine but the high mobility heroes don't really get rewarded for flanking him with the current meta, cuz they can't kill anything fast enough with all the tanks and heals

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

the problem is that in this game you have stuff like rein+bastion+sym that is super tedious to deal with and you've gotta also leave mates at home to defend, so as long as there's a cap timer it's designed to end in a draw lol.

at least comp is a lot more fun now that dva isn't immortal, had a good time crawling up gold after throwing all my placement matches with ws lolol

lol wormskull is a saboteur of placement matches

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

lol wormskull is a saboteur of placement matches

the gayest sentence ever written on this forum

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the gayest sentence ever written on this forum

dont sign your loving posts

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I think he's fine but the high mobility heroes don't really get rewarded for flanking him with the current meta, cuz they can't kill anything fast enough with all the tanks and heals

yeah its unreasonable to say "oh just pick this and go behind rein" because you just get killed by the other 5 enemies, so you have to sit there and slowly shoot through 2k hp lol.

idk, anything thats designed to just be a doorstop should be erased. it kills the pace of the game. like holy poo poo double the cooldown on mei's stupid wall lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PleasingFungus posted:

i think the idea is that you have to win a team fight to cap the flag, like with capturing a point in other maps? (unless the enemy team is incompetent and lets you sneak their flag out)

seems built for stalls, like all ctf modes ever made.

Quake, my bro.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Having stuff to contest besides a flag and "positioning" shockingly makes a game more active-feeling. Incredible!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And I don't mean positioning isn't important but what positions besides the middle of a map and the flag room would ever be contested without power ups and health and what have you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really loved the CTF in titanfall 2 but the maps were too big for it and the titans didn't make sense for the mode. But I wish they made a refined version of that with CTF specific map remixes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wildly enough the middle of the map in OW ctf is rarely even a "position" outside of the beginning of the round because of the circumstances required to even pick up the flag. And the flow is so wrong for the mode that if you pick up the flag it might as well automatically give you the cap as well. Another stupidly imagined arcade mode from the twisted minds at blizzard.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

they put in bonus lootboxes to try and force people to play the arcade modes and no one queues for them still lol. pretty sure they know the modes aren't fun, the only one that queues quickly is the 3v3 since everyone is cheesing it for quick boxes

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

F2P when?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I would play all the arcade stuff a lot more if they made more maps for it

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think the ctf mode is fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Wildly enough the middle of the map in OW ctf is rarely even a "position" outside of the beginning of the round because of the circumstances required to even pick up the flag. And the flow is so wrong for the mode that if you pick up the flag it might as well automatically give you the cap as well. Another stupidly imagined arcade mode from the twisted minds at blizzard.

From the minds that managed to make instagib tedious and boring comes the worst incarnation of ctf known to man.

• Locked thread