Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

70 dollar controllers are very indefensible

i'm getting it
Sounds a little defensible right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Seriously though, I don't fault anyone for feeling like the new videogame thing is not gonna be successful, or that the various weird things are gonna get underutilized and die an ignoble death, or for just not liking it, or for feeling like the prices are too high, but could you please not pull the weird "I'm a true gamer and those who disagree with me are idiots and children" thing?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i said i was old actually mr. reader but shoot the messenger all you like. i will still be nnid friends with you until it stops being free and i don't pay for it

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 25, 2017

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Ds4 did have issues its true and sony responded quickly
rubber defect was fixed within the first few months.
trigger sticking issues fixed in second revision as of nov 2015

Wrong

Source: my second broken controller

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

crab hands is a serious disease

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
I love all controllers equally.

Except you madcatz. Get the gently caress out of here.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

the TE2 is a good stick. almost makes up for their n64 garbage

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

MadCatz's Fight Sticks are widely considered to be some of the/if not the best of their kind in their class.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
The Ascii Rhino controller for the SNES was a goddamn tank of a controller. I'm, pretty sure that a billion years from now when aliens explore our dead husk of a world they'll find a bunch of those controllers still in working condition.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

MadCatz's Fight Sticks are widely considered to be some of the/if not the best of their kind in their class.

yeah and they weigh a ton too so they really stay put on your lap. hori sticks are practically just as good for a lot less now though

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

The Ascii Rhino controller for the SNES was a goddamn tank of a controller. I'm, pretty sure that a billion years from now when aliens explore our dead husk of a world they'll find a bunch of those controllers still in working condition.

Mine still works great, hell I have a USB adapter for it.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

I had one of thoes Madcatz Microcon controllers for the Gamecube. That thing was a beast. I got it because the default Gamecube controllers cramped my freakishly tiny lady hands. :( The thing probably still works, but I haven't dug it out in years.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The switch is good and cool. I know this because I am looking into the future rather than at the switch reveal event.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Without HD rumble how are you gonna milk a cow?

play epona's song in front of the cow obviously :rolleyes:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a controller with a real ocarina for a grip would be much better than the fake sandwich eating camera eye

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Real hurthling! posted:

a controller with a real ocarina for a grip would be much better than the fake sandwich eating camera eye

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I better get one of the IPS switches or I will return it. gently caress those babby rear end TN screens.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Waltzing Along posted:

I better get one of the IPS switches or I will return it. gently caress those babby rear end TN screens.

Ah nooooooo. Shut up nooooooooooooo.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

What kind of pants are you gonna put your Switch in?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Policenaut posted:

What kind of pants are you gonna put your Switch in?

Gonna roll it up in my t shirt sleeve.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Why bother with an ocarina shaped controller when you could just use an actual ocarina?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYr0yrhE5XU

Yes this is real.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I don't understand the part where Nintendo's peripherals are apparently both overpriced and nobody can keep them in stock.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I didn't think they were overpriced but I just didn't post in the thread about it because I don't care if other people buy them or not

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's a crazy rumor that Rockstar is gonna port LA Noire over to the Switch.

LA Noire is of note to me personally because it holds the record for most times I've picked up a game and realized how boring it is a few hours in and given up on it (five). Also every time I've tried playing it I've resorted to a walkthrough because the responses in the interrogation/interview sessions are goddamn random bullshit as far as I can tell.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

lelandjs posted:

LA Noire is of note to me personally because it holds the record for most times I've picked up a game and realized how boring it is a few hours in and given up on it (five). Also every time I've tried playing it I've resorted to a walkthrough because the responses in the interrogation/interview sessions are goddamn random bullshit as far as I can tell.

LA Noire was so close to being a great game IMO, it was just missing something. I loved the setting and the concept was great, but it just didn't hold together.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Evil Fluffy posted:

Was that the clear one where you could see the inside? Because that controller was my favorite (bigger than the normal SNES controller plus you can see inside!) and I'd bring it to sleepovers and stuff to show off my dedication to good controllers.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

lelandjs posted:

how about some new games instead, on the new nintendo switch console

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Kawabata posted:

how about some new games instead, on the new nintendo switch console

"We're gauging consumer interest on the new platform."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Some site, Direct-Feed Gaming, is saying that it's coming to PS4, XBONE and PC as well, which makes more sense imo.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hard pass

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Yeah I never was to good with the interrogations as well. I always misread their ticks for something else.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nolgthorn posted:

I don't understand the part where Nintendo's peripherals are apparently both overpriced and nobody can keep them in stock.

limited stock shared between scalpers, true believers, and people who doubt the comfort of the joycon.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Is the couch included with the joycons

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Why make new games when you can re release games from last gen and generate sales based purely off nostalgia? Works for the movie industry.

Switch also getting Skyrim, at least it should be the enhanced edition.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Sales based purely on nostalgia?

Not in THIS thread buddy

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GOOOOOOOD
I hope we can share VC titles across systems if the hardware allows. Not even DL titles.
I have around 20 VC games on my 3DS and I can find no reason why you couldn't play them on the Switch.

Of course any dual screen game can't be ported over without significant rework so I'm not expecting that. I just want to still carry SMB3 and Earthbound around.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Where I live the Wii U pro didn't get a single price drop so I'm fine buying day 1 full price. The Wii U pro controllers got a $10 discount once?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

big mean giraffe posted:

LA Noire was so close to being a great game IMO, it was just missing something.

Not gonna talk, eh? Maybe we should milk your cow for information instead.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Who's really nostalgic for LA Noire? I mean I thought it was an okay game but it was a really uneven, unfinished adventure passion project which showcased a dead-end technology. Now if Rockstar wanted to put asses in seats, Red Dead Redemption is a proven draw. Xbox One sales went up something insane like 1000% when they announced RDR1 was backwards compatible. There's your "testing the waters" game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no one liked it. probably the second worst game i've ever beaten after dragon age 2

• Locked thread