Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Grondoth posted:

Not half. Less than half. There's Trump voters I know who are mad at the FADA, Trump voters who aren't very happy with the pre-existing condition cause going away, Trump voters who are pissed that he didn't prosecute hillary and Trump voters who somehow didn't realize he'd staff his administration with CEOs.

Trump is already an unpopular president. He was coming in, he's only going to get less popular as he has to become less a hypothetical and more a real president.

also less than half voted for him in the first place, not even counting the idiots who wrote-in/abstained

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

This is so loving racist.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Addamere posted:

people itt need to stop calling the us a rogue state just because we are doing terrible things

the roman empire did terrible things and was not a rogue state

you dont get to call the head neoliberal in charge a rogue

Rome maintained their roads though.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Despoiler posted:

so when WW3 is over and they write about it in the history books, which countries are going to be the good guys and which countries are going to be the bad guys?
i dunno, but the Puxtawney trials where lots of GOP officials get tried and shot to death in Berlin are going to be a hoot

also, the second cold war between the Greater European Commonwealth and Democratic Republic of East Asia

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

really everything hinges on apathetic voters giving a poo poo, and i guess horrible oppression is a way to do that

monkey's paw strikes again

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

haljordan posted:

We can only hope that Hillary dies or is rendered completely incapacitated before 2020 because SHE WILL RUN AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. She's like the loving Terminator.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Consummate Professional posted:

My friend couldn't vote illegally so it was rigged???

My friend, who looks Allowed-to-Vote-American, as opposed to those folks who did vote while looking Not-Allowed-to-Vote-American

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

JosefStalinator posted:

lol if you think that the media reporting on policy poo poo trump does would hurt him more than ~~distractions~~.

People are far more likely to turn on trump if he acts like an unpresidential moron who rejects objective reality than if he changes some arcane regulations. Few in this country understand anything about policy, especially BEFORE the consequences of the actions are felt.

Arcane regulations like torture, banning muslims, and gutting the EPA.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Yinlock posted:

really everything hinges on apathetic voters giving a poo poo, and i guess horrible oppression is a way to do that

"I hope disaffected voters get involved in the political process again."

*monkey paw cackles and punches you in the face*

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

Rome maintained their roads though.

they also had a notably different reaction when their dictator got too big for his britches

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is there any chance, even a small one, that Trump has ever read the Constitution? Did anybody think to ask him before he became president?

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Control Volume posted:

How about check yourself into a mental hospital, idiot, because youve been talking about offing yourself since november 9th
Pollyanna is just looking for someone to say "dont do it, your life matters" because i'm sure s/he feels like poo poo all the time. I get it.

Don't do it. Your life matters. Eat fresh.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

McGlockenshire posted:

voters who did not look as if they should be allowed to vote

Once again, a big huge fuuuuuuuuuuuck yoooooooooou to the Florida latino voters who think Trump and his fans look at them any differently than the day laborers outside hardware stores.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

reminder that it's three days in and Three Olives is "oh goddamnit, I don't want any part of this"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yinlock posted:

hence the wave in 2008 when everyone was slapped into giving a poo poo by two wars and a massive recession and the reverse wave in 2010 when everyone assumed one election was all they needed.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Karl Barks posted:

has this been posted? cause it's extremely good poo poo

https://twitter.com/colinjones/status/824387036803166208

Trump will not rest until he has dictator-like election and popularity results.
Anything below 95% will keep him up at night.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

honestly i'd like to know if people like glenn greenwald still think hillary would be as bad or worse

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

FabioClone posted:

Is there any chance, even a small one, that Trump has ever read the Constitution? Did anybody think to ask him before he became president?

trump can't read

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

haljordan posted:

Does Trump think the executive orders mean everything will actually happen instantly? Has his staff drawn straws yet to decide who has to tell him he still has to work with Congress/the courts?

Congress will fight Trump as hard on his EO's as they will fight him on his cabinet picks.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

hence the wave in 2008 when everyone was slapped into giving a poo poo by two wars and a massive recession and the reverse wave in 2010 when everyone assumed one election was all they needed.

given what the gop is up to right now apparently 2 years was more than enough

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

the black husserl posted:

Pollyanna is just looking for someone to say "dont do it, your life matters" because i'm sure s/he feels like poo poo all the time. I get it.

Don't do it. Your life matters. Eat fresh.
i find being condescending to people constantly depressed works better

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
honestly, this whole election just short circuited my brain, and im no longer sure if america is even collectively capable of making sane political decisions at all anymore

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

FabioClone posted:

Trump has the intellectual depth of a Great White Shark.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Pollyanna posted:

honestly, i think i've peaked. i don't think there's much left after these 26 years of age. the USA going down the shitter is just convincing me of this even more. wonder if i should keep going

hello friendo

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
No one should kill themselves but it's like almost as important to find some way to limit your exposure to the stuff that's making you think you should kill yourself. This threads pretty goddamn nitty gritty and it'd be a lot healthier to read about this poo poo when we find out what the actual rubber on the road looks like.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Elephanthead posted:

Hey worry about my voter fraud and crowd size claims while I declare martial law across the land.
His voter fraud claims is how is administration is going to justify gutting voting rights, which we loving NEED if we're going to survive this. It is extraordinarily important to constantly let everyone know how loving insane and horrible this is. gently caress off.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Addamere posted:

people itt need to stop calling the us a rogue state just because we are doing terrible things

the roman empire did terrible things and was not a rogue state

you dont get to call the head neoliberal in charge a rogue

no

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

Arcane regulations like torture, banning muslims, and gutting the EPA.

"What's the EPA?"

EDIT: Or are we overestimating the intelligence of a nation that just elected Donald J trump

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

honestly i'd like to know if people like glenn greenwald still think hillary would be as bad or worse

he sold his soul for Snowden's poo poo, so I wouldn't care

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yinlock posted:

given what the gop is up to right now apparently 2 years was more than enough

"Not enough of a fighter, let's let the enemy take control of the legislative branch and most of the state governments, that'll get him to start hitting back"

"Oh god why did my sink just explode"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

haljordan posted:

Does Trump think the executive orders mean everything will actually happen instantly? Has his staff drawn straws yet to decide who has to tell him he still has to work with Congress/the courts?

Hey bad news; more than half of congress hates minorities, science, women, and peacetime.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

honestly, i think i've peaked. i don't think there's much left after these 26 years of age. the USA going down the shitter is just convincing me of this even more. wonder if i should keep going

Don't kill yourself. Work towards doing good for yourself and others instead.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Montasque posted:

I think you mean a Great Shark which looks like it should be allowed to vote

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

UV_Catastrophe posted:

honestly, this whole election just short circuited my brain, and im no longer sure if america is even collectively capable of making sane political decisions at all anymore
*nods to self*

America has gone mad... and I'm the only one who can see this...

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

JosefStalinator posted:

"What's the EPA?"

EDIT: Or are we overestimating the intelligence of a nation that just elected Donald J trump

True, America is loving stupid as hell.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nichael posted:

Don't kill yourself. Work towards doing good for yourself and others instead.

perhaps that's how he thinks he can do the most good though, like the iron giant except he is also the nuke.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Salt Fish posted:

Hey bad news; more than half of congress hates minorities, science, women, and peacetime.
they also hate the idea of paying the military that they will use to enforce the return of the third reich

so lol

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Montasque posted:

One which America has jumped imo, altho I guess Chachi did it and not the fonz

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Montasque posted:

True, America is loving stupid as hell.

Not just stupid, but anti-intellectual. Makes me want to cock a gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

His voter fraud claims is how is administration is going to justify gutting voting rights, which we loving NEED if we're going to survive this. It is extraordinarily important to constantly let everyone know how loving insane and horrible this is. gently caress off.

Exactly. The voter fraud thing could very well be what absolutely fucks us in the end.

• Locked thread