Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

my kinda ape posted:

The solution here is to play with goons.

We call eachother friend of the family way more than that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i think you should probably not do that sort of thing

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

wrong way to turtle

http://streamable.com/ry0nn

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

slap me and kiss me posted:

This game just keeps getting .... worse.

Trump's America

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Tell you what, if you half rear end me a little paint collage of his hateful texts in one cool .png i'll send it directly to whoever handles the guillotine.

Also, as a general FYI, they usually log the whole match when investigating issues like this so if for some reason you also replied with similar poo poo during said match, chances are you'll get the boot too. I guess if there was a lesson to give here it would be: Let them talk.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Why does the ADS make no sound when it triggers now?

Hard posted:

Tell you what, if you half rear end me a little paint collage of his hateful texts in one cool .png i'll send it directly to whoever handles the guillotine.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 26, 2017

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
It's sooooooo good that you can shoot directly through Tachanka's shield and kill him instantly with a headshot.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Hard posted:

Also, as a general FYI, they usually log the whole match when investigating issues like this so if for some reason you also replied with similar poo poo during said match, chances are you'll get the boot too. I guess if there was a lesson to give here it would be: Let them talk.

That's fair. If replying with 'bash the fash' gets me banned, so be it.

e: I should say that I already took time out of my day to report the lot of them through the official support channel. It just drives me mad that there's not a more visible punishment. Like I get that you guys can't comment on each individual case, but it would be great if there was some sort of running "players reported, players punished" tally somewhere so that we all know we're not just shouting into the void.

slap me and kiss me fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jan 26, 2017

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Report them. Tell everyone else to report them. Leave the game if in casual. Move on with your life.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

Why does the ADS make no sound when it triggers now?

No visual cue either. The grenade just disappears with no info to anyone except Jager who gets "+10 Active Defense System". Kind of annoying, especially when you just wasted 2 frag grenades on Snowmobile Garage doors on Chalet, because you thought you were gonna counter the Bandit Trick.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

When I don't hear an explosion I know it got popped

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
it's a bug guys sorry about that, sometimes they happen.

If it wasn't known before it is now.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Hard

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

When I don't hear an explosion I know it got popped

Problem with that is there's the other bug where sometimes your nades will get stuck on something or whatever and end up exploding super late.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Koramei posted:

Problem with that is there's the other bug where sometimes your nades will get stuck on something or whatever and end up exploding super late.

Grenades should explode at the same time regardless of whether or not they get caught on things.

Having them rubberband back into your face is always good though.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

fix!!!!

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

lohli posted:

Grenades should explode at the same time regardless of whether or not they get caught on things.

Maybe I misidentified the cause but there's definitely a bug where your grenades don't explode when they should.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I don't think I've run in to that, but there is always that whole thing about cooking grenades, and people seem to forget that if you throw an uncooked grenade it actually has really quite a long time before it goes pop.

I don't want to seem like I'm being all smug and going "user error :smug:" but it's the only thing I can think of.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

lohli posted:

The issue is that stun grenades (and possibly flashbangs?) are set up so they explode one second after making contact with a surface. Sometimes when they get stuck on things the game doesn't register it as a contact so the fuse never starts. It was a change they made during the Dustline update to make them more effective.

Frag grenades on the other hand have a regular fuse and can be cooked for hilarious insta-detonations.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Huh maybe there's a different bug for the nonlethal ones, but no, it's frag grenades (and I know how to cook them :mad:). To be fair I haven't encountered it in a while, but it threw me off the first few times I encountered the Jager trophy bug since that's what I thought was happening instead.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Vatek posted:

Frag grenades on the other hand have a regular fuse and can be cooked for hilarious insta-detonations.

Case in point:

http://streamable.com/9idi

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Can I please just find a game ty.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Can we have this system in R6?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

afkmacro posted:

This is what got the CUM POLICE banned from Battlelog.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Koramei posted:

Maybe I misidentified the cause but there's definitely a bug where your grenades don't explode when they should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yLuVm02eas

Bug? Or feature?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

DoctorStrangelove posted:

This is what got the CUM POLICE banned from Battlelog.

You'll always have :cumpolice: in your heart

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tHdKUL4-rM

just gently caress me i guess

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Quintessential Siege

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
This fourteen year old
Called me a human being friend of the family
So I team killed him.

A Rainbow Six Siege, Haiku.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jan 27, 2017

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm sure this is old news to you other Division players but I just got back into it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

afkmacro posted:

:yeah:

It doesn't matter if every single report option literally reports the player to Battleye the same way - the fact that there's a menu item for "report offensive chat," "report offensive name" and whatever else is going to encourage people to report those things and discourage people from being racist/homophobic/etc. in chat or having names like HitlerLover1488.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
HitlerLover1488 is a great name, don't judge. :colbert:

For real though I don't mind those sorts of names so much, or even the spectacularly poor taste stuff like teams made up of prominent dead people.

Stuff like kikestomper88 or whatever would cross a line for me, though.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
There is nothing to achieve in this game.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Always 100% quality content.

tjones
May 13, 2005
It would be awesome if reporting offensive people in game would shadow ban you from the main server set and cordon you to your own set of servers with all the others who have reported offensive people so that everyone would be the absolute nicest to one another forever and never be offended again.

It would eventually balance out so that anyone who is easily offended is no longer offended and anyone who isn't easily offended wouldn't care.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm sure this is old news to you other Division players but I just got back into it.

https://youtu.be/Towzsxj6xjU?t=1m14s

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEJtuNIW-RI

It begins
https://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-CA/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx

e: Maybe UK got you 'muricans covered ?

https://twitter.com/UbisoftUK/status/825025609147363329

Hard fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 27, 2017

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
:chanpop:

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

In AMURRICA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Has this been updated ? Looks the same as last time I looked at it

• Locked thread