Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

The Door Frame posted:

And that sandwich is a bizarre menu item that no one orders, like a Jalepeno Cheeseburger or something completely random.
Its been a while since I ate one but that sandwich is bomb you should try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
2 for $2.50 is the thing now at McDonalds, but they roll out different poo poo in different areas so maybe someone is still rocking a $1 menu instead of a prorated $1.25.

But yeah you can go all fancy on your 20-something date and get a McFlurry, maybe a McCafe, and a 20 piece nugget to share - the sauce gently soaking into your hipster handlebar mustache you loving Millennial go get a job.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Because Disney is smart, and knows that no matter who you like to gently caress, you have money. I bet Disney execs see poo poo like the bakery who refused to make a gay wedding cake (and leaked the info of the customers, etc) and just shake their heads and use $500 to light their cigars as they wonder how loving stupid people have to be to actively push money away.

Probably. But also because they are a California company run by Hollywood elites.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

McDonald's fries are good. Better than sone fancy restaurants that fry in duck fat and serve with house made aioli.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mu Zeta posted:

McDonald's fries are good*. Better than sone fancy restaurants that fry in duck fat and serve with house made aioli.

As long as the underpaid teenagers do their goddamned jobs and throw them away when the expiration timer goes off.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Speaking of Dumb McDonald's moves, in Canada, despite their restaurants being actually really good for nut allergies, they threw it out the window by adding a nut thing to thier mcFlurry's. What this means is that, whoops, now they are losing the approx 5 million Canadians with nut allergies, for some people who want nuts in their mcFlurries? In WINTER.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

People with nut allergies should just move to a nut free island instead of ruining nuts for the billions of people nature doesn't actively hate.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Krispy Kareem posted:

Their colons would violently explode and slither across the good carpet if they had to witness a White guy and his Ebony life partner glistening in the sunlight like a polished piece of obsidian.

You mean kinda like what happened with this ad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-lWe-lpARI

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

bunnyofdoom posted:

Speaking of Dumb McDonald's moves, in Canada, despite their restaurants being actually really good for nut allergies, they threw it out the window by adding a nut thing to thier mcFlurry's. What this means is that, whoops, now they are losing the approx 5 million Canadians with nut allergies, for some people who want nuts in their mcFlurries? In WINTER.

Yeeeeeah sure. You almost got us.

5 million people with nut allergies in Canada. What, does 1 out of every 2 people have an allergy?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If you can't enjoy a snickers bar or thai food you should probably just kill yourself

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
who wants nuts in their food??

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

People with nut allergies should just move to a nut free island instead of ruining nuts for the billions of people nature doesn't actively hate.

You can pry my peanuts from my cold dead hands. I might be willing to give up walnuts, but any talk of a cashew ban and I'm walking out of the negotiations immediately.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Krispy Kareem posted:

Yeeeeeah sure. You almost got us.

5 million people with nut allergies in Canada. What, does 1 out of every 2 people have an allergy?

Apologies, it's 2.5 Million which 7% of Canadians.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I see a similar thing in how the small percentage that eats kosher forces everyone to eat kosher. Lots of packages foods are labeled kosher for no particular reason.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This is how I discovered that giant loving Canada only has about 35 million people. It's the Wyoming of countries.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

This is how I discovered that giant loving Canada only has about 35 million people. It's the Wyoming of countries.

A population density map looks like pimples on a teenagers face. Like 3 red zones in a sea of white.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

90% of our pop lives snuggled up against the US border so we can strike when least expected escape the shithole cold north. Also, more than half our pop lives between Windsor ON (Across the River from Detroit) and Quebec City. And yet, we're bigger than the US.

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

That's people with food allergies, not just tree nut allergies.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Isn't that 20℅ of the population, what the gently caress? I thought Canadians were all tough lumberjacks or something

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

I see a similar thing in how the small percentage that eats kosher forces everyone to eat kosher. Lots of packages foods are labeled kosher for no particular reason.

Yes, but you want stuff labeled as kosher because, depending on the product it's handled more carefully.

Meat is a big thing. Meat packers have kosher or hala days and production slows down significantly to account for the extra steps. Slower processing means fewer mistakes and less contamination. It also increases the price, but perhaps that should be the price for all meat that's handled correctly.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

Isn't that 20℅ of the population, what the gently caress? I thought Canadians were all tough lumberjacks or something

....did you miss literally every post after this one?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Mu Zeta posted:

Lots of foods are inherently kosher but having a rabbi there just to make sure of it, without actually doing anything different in the production line, allows them to have that U or K on the packaging. This allows people who do care about keeping kosher to be sure they are keeping kosher, without incurring additional cost or changes to anything so it shouldn't matter at all to Gentiles and why would you even bother caring

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

InediblePenguin posted:

Lots of foods are inherently kosher but having a rabbi there just to make sure of it, without actually doing anything different in the production line, allows them to have that U or K on the packaging. This allows people who do care about keeping kosher to be sure they are keeping kosher, without incurring additional cost or changes to anything so it shouldn't matter at all to Gentiles and why would you even bother caring

Hell I'm an atheist Jew and I love putting Kosher cheese on my kosher beef, so it's not just the goys who don't care.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

InediblePenguin posted:

It does affect non kosher people. Oreos completely removed lard from their cookies partly to get the certification. I want my loving lard in my garbage cookies.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Krispy Kareem posted:

Meat is a big thing. Meat packers have kosher or hala days and production slows down significantly to account for the extra steps. Slower processing means fewer mistakes and less contamination. It also increases the price, but perhaps that should be the price for all meat that's handled correctly.

You sure about that? I used to work in a beef abattoir that does exclusively halal and as far as I could tell the only real difference was the method of slaughter, and even then it was no slower than a bolt through the head.

BTW, before anyone claims that halal is brutal and cruel, modern methods involve electrically stunning the animal so it doesn't feel pain. Sure, in the past and in less developed parts of the world it's cruel, but it's not really any worse than a lot of other ways of slaughtering livestock

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Mu Zeta posted:

It does affect non kosher people. Oreos completely removed lard from their cookies partly to get the certification. I want my loving lard in my garbage cookies.

On the plus side, I acquired an allergy to red meat from a tick bite, so it means oreos are still a-ok for me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Scarodactyl posted:

On the plus side, I acquired an allergy to red meat from a tick bite, so it means oreos are still a-ok for me.

That's gotta be the worst superhero origin story.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

That's gotta be the worst superhero origin story.

On the plus side, he has the voice of Patrick Warburton now

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Mu Zeta posted:

They would have removed lard anyway, they took it out at a time when fat and cholesterol and lard were all over the papers as majorly publicized health issues and swapping away from lard was incentivized by lard having bad press

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

You sure about that? I used to work in a beef abattoir that does exclusively halal and as far as I could tell the only real difference was the method of slaughter, and even then it was no slower than a bolt through the head.

BTW, before anyone claims that halal is brutal and cruel, modern methods involve electrically stunning the animal so it doesn't feel pain. Sure, in the past and in less developed parts of the world it's cruel, but it's not really any worse than a lot of other ways of slaughtering livestock

I was talking to a slaughterhouse owner and he told me that the only difference between halal and non - halal killing was the paperwork for the certification.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

spog posted:

I was talking to a slaughterhouse owner and he told me that the only difference between halal and non - halal killing was the paperwork for the certification.

Okay, maybe it was just kosher meats. I remember reading about the different meat processing days in Fast Food Nation.

Granted that book is over a decade old. Maybe they've figured out a way to poo poo out meat at unsafe levels on ethnic food days as well.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

When the lovely tabloid rags started complaining about people eating halal meat without it being advertised as halal I looked into what halal actually was. Seems to me that it's actually a method designed to reduce suffering. Using an extremely sharp blade makes a wound that bleeds out quickly, and if it's anything like cutting yourself with a really, really sharp knife you don't even notice it until you've gotten blood all over the drat place. Killing things is never going to be nice, but properly done halal slaughter seems like it's pretty low on the totem pole of horrible ways to kill things.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Actually I believe youll find it infects you with the Islamic virus and converts you to Islam without your knowing.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Scarodactyl posted:

My brother in law has that. What a weird-rear end condition. Probably keeps your cholesterol lookin fine though.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

spog posted:

It mostly depends on how you're doing the slaughtering prior to the certification. A lot of places practices already fall pretty much in line with kosher and halal practice they just need the right person to say they do, many place don't and so it's more time consuming for them to meet those standards and that's where things like having a day where you just do kosher comes into play.

Also it should be noted that there's an intense amount of Jew drama around kosher certifications. Because of the nature of Judaism as a religion that allows and accepts constant critique of it's interpretation by it's members there's a ton of shade throwing about who is for realsies kosher and who's a pretender to the hot dog throne. Also since it's such a niche thing a ton of places just lie about it or make up certification boards that don't exist, because many real legit certification boards are just like one Rabbi who drives around to factories and it's all word of mouth type stuff.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

If you're going to die by eating a hamburger in a restaurant because of the tiny slivers of almond in the tiny Skor bits in the McFlurry machine, you should probably just lie down and wait for death anyway.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

MorgaineDax posted:

If you're going to die by eating a hamburger in a restaurant because of the tiny slivers of almond in the tiny Skor bits in the McFlurry machine, you should probably just lie down and wait for death anyway.

Back in the old days they would just throw you off a cliff as a child

What I'm saying is mcdonalds should be built on high ground

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:ortiz:

If my McDonalds doesn't have open nuts for the McFlurries, the Metsicans win.

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni

Sappo569 posted:

Back in the old days they would just throw you off a cliff as a child

What I'm saying is mcdonalds should be built on high ground

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I can't eat some pig fat composite fast food slurry because of a nut allergy, mah human rights! :bahgawd:

Time to write that submission to the UN Secretary General.