Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

giorno technically kinda being jonathan's kid sort of puts his personality into context, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Giorno has two dads

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

EmmyOk posted:

lmao

Okay so based on what happened in the chapters and how it was explained it is something like this.

People effectively get skipped 10 seconds into the future but they have no memory of what happend during that 10 seconds and the only person who can experience that ten seconds normally is King Crimson and The Boss. Furthermore in that ten seconds people don't actually do anything instead a forecast of everything that would happen is ran and that is how King Crimson moves around them. So instead of for example having to dodge a bullet fired at him he would see the path the bullet would have moved along in that ten seconds. After the time skip I am guessing people are where they are at the end of the forecast. e.g. Usain Bolt if hit with KC at the start of the race would be finished the race with no clue about what happened

Are you Robert Fripp?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I wonder what happens to regular people who are no where near King Crimson. Does time move normally for them? Do they just lose time like Bruno and co? I want a video like Outside of DIO's World for King Crimson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK77U7ACc8I

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What the gently caress Polnareff what happened to you? Also you know Jotaro the user of the world's strongest Stand, get that dude on the blower.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dio tossing Danny in the furnace ans spending his life ruining JoJo's is less hosed up than this shnake Romeo, lads.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

What the gently caress Polnareff what happened to you?

the most apt description i've seen is Having An Extremely poo poo Time Even For Polnareff

also imo king crimson isn't that complicated, just skips ahead 10 seconds, with everyone where they would be but nothing actually happening in-between.

i think it just gets over complicated when people are like FOR EXAMPLE: imagine a frictionless sphere

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
For the purposes of this exercise, presume a perfectly spherical King Crimson.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Okay, to tell you how King Crimson works, first I need to explain how to turn a sphere inside out

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Now, how do we get the corpse parts in half an A press? Well first, we need to talk about parallel universes.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ok first we need to define a sphere

It's not an ellipse, in fact that will gently caress things right the gently caress up

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

a definite pro of part 5 potentially getting an anime is that there's a lot of wild action that would do well animated and maybe for once people will stop having an aneurysm from attempting to overcomplicate king crimson

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Is King Crimson commonly a big argument ability wise?

Jolyne does not seem pleased to see her incredibly young and hip dad.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
The confusing part about King Crimson is the part about "everyone affected by it does what they would have done for those 10 seconds". What does that mean? Do people not decide their own actions on a sub-second basis?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

The confusing part about King Crimson is the part about "everyone affected by it does what they would have done for those 10 seconds". What does that mean? Do people not decide their own actions on a sub-second basis?

F.A.T.E

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Is King Crimson commonly a big argument ability wise?

Jolyne does not seem pleased to see her incredibly young and hip dad.

the original bad scanlators had a tendency to make up their own dialogue wholesale, and in a "totally unrelated to source material" way instead of a "fun localization" way

they also loved dedicating like 3 pages of notes solely to king crimson and over-complicating the poo poo out of it, to the point where "how does king crimson work" became a meme

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the original translation of part 5 had three different extra pages of different translators trying to explain how king crimson worked, it was a waking nightmare

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'll have to look at some bad scans to really appreciate how good I have it.

"I have always loved you" oh no :saddowns: Jotaro you better explain why you were such a bad dad when you wake up from this heart coma.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Yinlock posted:

the original bad scanlators had a tendency to make up their own dialogue wholesale, and in a "totally unrelated to source material" way instead of a "fun localization" way

I feel like it's important to include that this wholesale unrelated was ALSO not in a fun way. Bad Vento Aureo translation was no Samurai Pizza Cats.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

EmmyOk posted:

"I have always loved you" oh no :saddowns: Jotaro you better explain why you were such a bad dad when you wake up from this heart coma.

Maybe reading part 6 will finally make you realize that Jotaro sucks

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

EmmyOk posted:

His first love was always the sea.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Essentially they just forget what happened in the last ten seconds.

I feel like the main problem with King Crimson is that it's harder to express a power like that when you're looking at still pictures. The anime will probably make it a lot clearer. Also the part where Buccelati sees himself an gets chopped by King Crimson just made his power even harder to understand. At this point we can just assume he can use Epitaph on other people... or something, and he chopped Buccelati after the skipped time was over, but when you're reading it that isn't clear.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He didn't want Captain Impostor peeing in the ocean because dolphins are there and they'd get the pee on them :(

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I hope the civilized world hasn't collapsed into nothing before a part 7 anime gets made because I totally want a moment where Valentine thinks he's safe in an alternate dimension, only to hear the sound of approaching chumimins

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Maybe reading part 6 will finally make you realize that Jotaro sucks

That will literally never happen even if Johnny has taken him over as my favourite JoJo. He's a poo poo dad by the sound of things but I still expect him to have some kind of reason for not coming back when she was extremely sick. Stone Free is very cool and I like it a lot.

Begemot posted:

His first love was always the sea.

"Why did you never come back?"

"I'm married to the sea"

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I hope the civilized world hasn't collapsed into nothing before a part 7 anime gets made because I totally want a moment where Valentine thinks he's safe in an alternate dimension, only to hear the sound of approaching chumimins

I would probably trade in all we got so far and any other part's animation to see Steel Ball Run animated.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

EmmyOk posted:

He's a poo poo dad by the sound of things but I still expect him to have some kind of reason for not coming back when she was extremely sick.

Yeah

It's because he sucks

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

There is a real life precedent for this, it's called "having a seizure." In the aftermath of a petit mal or grand mal seizure, it is very possible for a person to be performing actions as "normal" but their memory hasn't fully recovered yet, then by the time their memory DOES fully kick in, they have no idea what they've been doing since the seizure happened. For instance, the first grand mal seizure that I ended up in a hospital for involved the following timeline.

Sitting down on a bench >> Having a seizure >> Being taken by an ambulance to the hospital >> Going into the hospital >> Being taken to a room >> Lying down on bed and relaxing

Now here's what I remember happening.

Sitting down on a bench >> Lying down on bed and relaxing

My brain just decided to piece the two events together even though I know there had to have been something between the two and others can corroborate for me that there were events that transpired between sitting down and waking up in a hospital bed.

The effects of king crimson are incredibly similar to what I experience post-seizure.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

He's a poo poo dad by the sound of things but I still expect him to have some kind of reason for not coming back when she was extremely sick.

It was an okay reason, I guess

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

EmmyOk posted:

Johnny has taken him over as my favourite JoJo.
:hai:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ohhhhhh I am silly and was mixing myself up. I was thinking of him being in Egypt during Josuke being sick I didn't think of the events of DiU being where he was while Jolyne was sick.

:beerpal:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
DiU takes place over what, a year-ish?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Part 4 starts on Josuke's first day of high school so like April and ends in the summer so like four months at most

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Josuke's Wet Hot Crazy Summer

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Green Intern posted:

Josuke's Crazy Noisy Bizarre Summer

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

Ohhhhhh I am silly and was mixing myself up. I was thinking of him being in Egypt during Josuke being sick I didn't think of the events of DiU being where he was while Jolyne was sick.

Yeah, IIRC she mentions him not coming home from the "countryside", right?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Yeah, IIRC she mentions him not coming home from the "countryside", right?

Yeah I think she does. Kind of blasted through the early chapters last night because I suspected "The Visitor" was going to be Jotaro, I'm going to start from the start again and take my time. I also accidentally read some old crummy scans instead of the JJCA scans for the first volume or so.

Whitesnake looks creepy and badass and I was wondering when she would leave the prison i didn't expect the whole thing to take place there. Also I think Jolyne and Jotaro have the potential for one of the most interesting in a Part because I'd really like them to work on their relationship. I mean that won't happen because I suspect Jotaro will be in a coma until the end. I swear to god if one of them dies before they get a sweet moment I will be so mad.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Whitesnake is extremely cool and good.

Also Jotaro's reason for staying away from home was him being too scared to spend much time near Jolyne "Terminator" Kujo.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

He wrote the girls like full characters in part 6 :(
the female characters in part 6 are written like men and have masculine roles (for a manga)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Relin posted:

the female characters in part 6 are written like men and have masculine roles (for a manga)

The secret to writing pretty good female characters is not to assume that women are aliens that are incredibly different from men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Relin posted:

What is a "masculine role"? What would a "feminine role" be?