Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spacebump posted:

Probably just the team being cautious but maybe a sign a trade is about to happen.
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/824403880071102464
Wes had a minor hip injury last game and Carlisle previously said he expected him to play tonight. All signs have point to Cuban not wanting to trade Matthews because in addition to not being bad anymore, they like what he brings to the locker room culture.

C'mon Larry Legend! Let's make something happen with Mr. Cuban!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

Name the last King who participated in the rookie game.

King Zing

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lockback posted:

Yeah, I do remember that (and thought it was really weird and sudden for Sloan but whatever), but then why dump Deron? Because he got into a tiff with a coach who already quit? I'd love for someone to interview some FO personnel to find out what was actually going on.

Speculation, but he had 1 year left on his contract, a reputation as a coach killer, they were suspicious of his knees, and the Jazz were getting not just a stud prospect, Favors, but also a really good replacement PG in Devin Harris.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Hand Row posted:

The good ole days when Deron vs Chris Paul was a legit argument

I'd rather a Utah fan explain how Utah is going to keep Gordon Hayward from going to the Celtics this year. As far as i know Gordon can decline his player option and become an unrestricted free agent.

Boston has the cap space for a max player and also employs his old coach from College.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Speculation, but he had 1 year left on his contract, a reputation as a coach killer, they were suspicious of his knees, and the Jazz were getting not just a stud prospect, Favors, but also a really good replacement PG in Devin Harris.

Coach killer? He had one coach in his career prior to being a Net. The coach killing reputation didn't happen until after the guy before Kidd, Kidd himsefl, and his replacement were fired I think.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
by announcing the largest yet NBA investment in e-sports teams

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Tae posted:

Coach killer? He had one coach in his career prior to being a Net. The coach killing reputation didn't happen until after the guy before Kidd, Kidd himsefl, and his replacement were fired I think.

He had to defend himself to the media pretty vigorously after Sloan.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

pubic works project posted:

C'mon Larry Legend! Let's make something happen with Mr. Cuban!

Please tell Larry to give us back Monta, he has it all.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

chilihead posted:

I'd rather a Utah fan explain how Utah is going to keep Gordon Hayward from going to the Celtics this year. As far as i know Gordon can decline his player option and become an unrestricted free agent.

Boston has the cap space for a max player and also employs his old coach from College.

Utah can offer him more money, he's probably not going to be Boston's #1 target so he may not even get the offer. Hayward seems like he puts some value in consistency and Utah is looking like an improving team.

Interesting note for next year: Durant would make more money opting out and resigning for the new higher cap, but GSW is unlikely to have the cap space since they do not have his bird rights.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

It looked like the grand jury was going to let them off but the county insisted on a new grand jury and they might actually go to trial this summer. I think the facts that come out show that Morrises weren't nearby when the assault took place, but it was by their friend, on the man dating their mother. Pretty weak stuff and I don't think it will amount to anything, and I'm glad the Pistons got Marcus for nothing as a result.

They pretty much admitted from the start that at least one of the twins wasn't there but like they said he was an accessory because he was keeping people in a building away from the fight to stop them from intervening or something.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Eh I mean the circumstances are a little different. Dragic was about to be a free agent and had his legs cut out from under him when they signed IT. Markieff Morris was (rightfully, imo) pissed when they traded Marcus without even giving them a heads-up.

Devin Booker is the face of the franchise on a rookie contract and spends his free time trolling Mill Avenue for ASU girls with low self-esteem.

I think they're going to be decent sooner rather than later anyway if this month is indicative of anything.

I just feel like they had all the leverage with Dragic, he was mad but it was fixable, especially since they ended up trading IT hours later.

I think I saw Booker at Mill Ave at that bar with the all the outdoor games by the AMC a few days before Christmas but I was already running late for the movie so I couldn't confirm.

Rick fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 26, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

chilihead posted:

Not a Utah fan, but they can offer him more money and a longer contract on a team that's roughly at the same level of competitiveness. Obviously the coach thing and the bigger market thing are significant, and we can no longer say "players never turn the money and year down" since Dwight and Durant both did, but it's still really common for players to stay where they're at now.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm really disappointed the bulls didn't put together a montage of dunleavy forearm shivering people and elbowing them in the sternum for his return to the united center

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i just invented a new stat called the mcdermott triple double, it's when doug "mack buckets" hits double-digits in points and any number in three other box score categories

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

i just invented a new stat called the mcdermott triple double, it's when doug "mack buckets" hits double-digits in points and any number in three other box score categories
minutes played, turnovers, and fouls?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

congratulations to Rajon Rondo, who hit a free throw in 2017.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://twitter.com/BSN_McBride/status/824071328626049025?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

goddamn no one wants to go to this game

quote:

Attendance: 10,867
57%
Capacity: 19,155

:lol: yeah right

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spacebump posted:

Please tell Larry to give us back Monta, he has it all.

Shiiiiiit. Monta/LaVoy Allen for Wes. Hellz yeah!

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Isaiah Thomas Should Have Started The All Star Game

and the Rockets need Clint Capela to recover to where he was real quick like.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm on the Levert wagon now https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/824442465402785792

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
what's the average NBA shooting percentage after a sick crossover?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

chunkles posted:

Isaiah Thomas Should Have Started The All Star Game

and the Rockets need Clint Capela to recover to where he was real quick like.

Glad to see another convert (or believer.) IT's a monster. 38 pts, 9 assists, 5 rebounds. He was really fired up tonight and it was funny watching him jaw off

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Kings narrowly defeat Cavs

Kings Twitter eviscerates Cavs Twitter

https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/824422470543441921

https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/824451585098919936

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yo. Dion Waiters for 2 1sts.

Your move, LeBron.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

lmao sports twitter owns

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

I feel like, going outdoors in Denver this time of year is a bad idea, but I haven't looked at the map or anything.

NBA Numbers people, can you tell me what you think of this: https://twitter.com/NBA_Math

The Anti-D'Angelo Lakers Fan Bloc is really going after it.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Ramadu posted:

goddamn no one wants to go to this game

Uhh Denver doesn't play tonight, am I missing something?

edit: oh that tweet was from yesterday

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

lmao that lavert crossover has me howling

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/_MarcusD2_/status/824456773159579649

:laffo: Nobody respects Hoiberg.

Also...

https://twitter.com/HershFL33/status/824448417799827456

https://twitter.com/SDinwiddie_25/status/824453429477117952

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 26, 2017

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/824452197375234048

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the Sixers are unstoppable

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Stevie Lee posted:

the Sixers are unstoppable

They're gonna make the playoffs lmao

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

shooters shoot!!!

de curry GOAT fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 26, 2017

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/miamiheat/status/824456029505253376

Raaaaaaahhhhh

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

triple sulk posted:

They're gonna make the playoffs lmao

4.5 games back right? they can do it if they keep playing like they have been.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Stevie Lee posted:

4.5 games back right? they can do it if they keep playing like they have been.

They've got a shot but I'm pretty sure the schedule gets harder than it has been and Simmons coming back will probably make them worse in the short term since he's still never played in the league and hasn't played a game in months. Glad we have that pick swap with the Kings in case it does happen though.

It is fun as hell to watch though and this run has been impressive.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Nerlens Noel and the Curious Case of the Newfound Offensive Game

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Bucks could have moved into a tie for the 8th seed tonight. But they lost at home against the Sixers without Joel Embiid.

Shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Nerlens Noel and the Curious Case of the Newfound Offensive Game

No, he's the defensive center.

*Greg Monroe goes off for a season high 28 points*

• Locked thread