Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Schnorkles posted:

"I'M SENDING IN THE GUARD" :byodood:

"sir this is the customs office"
*sends troops to attempt to suppress anti-russian unrest in miami*

*all that shows up is a single jeep driver grunt with "Bernie Would Have Won" plastered all over the jeep, while screaming "ed balls" the whole time*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

Isn't the biggest source of undocumented immigrants people overstaying on expired visas ?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

What thread is this?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797481&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=619#post468746488

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Coatlicue posted:

Holy gently caress that pena nieto speech.

What did he say? It was in Spanish and I can't speak it.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

he's going to build the wall for the couple dozen miles that you can actually reasonably drive to then use the rest as a front for his extermination camps, like Armenia and Poland

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Nichael posted:

lol what? Is that a joke that's going over my head? The cartels absolutely can blow that poo poo up. They almost certainly have RPGs or access to them.

considering the amount of military defections to the cartels they absolutely have access to military hardware. there's a reason the drug war has cost mexico like 100,000 dead people.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Donkwich posted:

my next 4 years will be spent grafitti-ing "lol nothing matters" over and over again on both sides of the wall

You have to piss on the wall, that's the way Trump likes it.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Can't wait for Trump to go full Alzheimer's and nukes California every 6 hours

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

considering the amount of military defections to the cartels they absolutely have access to military hardware. there's a reason the drug war has cost mexico like 100,000 dead people.

Right. They are going to blow up the wall segments immediately. That's not at all in question. They probably won't even do it because they have to (they can tunnel under or use alternative means of getting into the nation). They'll do it because they want to. Because Donald is a joke.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

maybe tell trump about that blogger who freep found, the one with the proposal for a border wall of old tires full of stagnant water

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I'm excited for a whole bunch of good old fashioned federalism in the next 4 years.

after the last 8 years i find this feeling particularly ironic.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/824453051478003712

70 year old egomaniac who just wants to watch tv

In addition to everything else that stupid long tie is very triggering

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

the wall will be built prominently in a populated area for authoritarian and tv-shot purposes; the rest will at best be a chain-link fence

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

gonna drink all of this as FUTURE ROCKET FUEL METABOLIZED TO RESTORE THE DEMOCRACY

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

tacodaemon posted:

maybe tell trump about that blogger who freep found, the one with the proposal for a border wall of old tires full of stagnant water

and sections on fire. burning eternally.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/824454342916894720

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/824453893149040640

president baby

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Vladimir Putin posted:

If you're really serious about stopping the flow of undocumented people, you need to hire more people to police it. Otherwise people will just build ladders or seige-machine like steps to get themselves over.

Or you could police the employers who hire them more closely but lol if you think that would happen.

It doesn't matter if the wall gets built. In fact it's better to trump if it does not. Were undocumented workers actually stopped the cost of labor would go up and there'd be some real oissed off republicans.
What matters is that he tries and is thwarted by his enemies, making for a stronger stabbed in the back myth for re-election.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

my #resist to the wall and trump is going to be to paint a thousand mile long dick on it

edit:plz nobody steal this idea

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

the alliance to restore the republic

the rebel alliance

the REBELLION

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

kaleedity posted:

the wall will be built prominently in a populated area for authoritarian and tv-shot purposes; the rest will at best be a chain-link fence

there are areas along the border like say here where the wall will be composed entirely of the voices inside trump's head

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Crusader posted:

gonna drink all of this as FUTURE ROCKET FUEL METABOLIZED TO RESTORE THE DEMOCRACY

LMAO if you aren't making your own moonshine.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Schnorkles posted:

I'm excited for a whole bunch of good old fashioned federalism in the next 4 years.

after the last 8 years i find this feeling particularly ironic.
i'll not be very surprised if it turns out our federal government's components are far less spineless than the democratic party in congress, that's for certain

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Nichael posted:

What did he say? It was in Spanish and I can't speak it.

Just press 1

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I love my big gay useless wall

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Crusader posted:

michters rye is okay but the bourbon is really good

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

ScrubLeague posted:

I love my big gay useless wall

Almost as much as I love my big old dumb President

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
This Thread moves way too fast keep up with but did news really come out today that the reason Donald Trump thinks voter fraud is a thing is a second hand story he heard about dark-skinned people voting once

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
I love our big gay mayor

quote:

"I am willing to lose every single penny," Seattle Mayor Ed Murray said in a response to President Donald Trump's threat to withdraw federal funds from "sanctuary cities" like Seattle.

https://twitter.com/thestranger/status/824415716128460801

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
the press conference begins

sean spicer is shoved out of that little door next to the podium in the press room

he adjusts his tie and faces the wall visual aid that president trump insisted upon

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

the wall is basically building a fancy tsa checkpoint that no one will use

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I'm watching hockey

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

This Thread moves way too fast keep up with but did news really come out today that the reason Donald Trump thinks voter fraud is a thing is a second hand story he heard about dark-skinned people voting once

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f28klp1qQGI

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Wolfsheim posted:

is this surprising

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Does global entry work for getting past the wall?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

trump is a sad baby who has power derived from sycophants and those he has bamboozled

we can beat him

we can save everyone

we can fix all the mistakes

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Vladimir Putin posted:

Why is poo poo in this country so expensive. Anyway, having no experience of any sort I think about 100-200 billion sounds like it would be right.

Also it's somewhat shameful that what looks like the biggest building project America has undertaken will be this wall.

OK let's think about it.

You're going to build a 100 foot long wall, 30 feet high and 3 feet thick, of high-quality reinforced concrete. The wall is going to be anchored into the ground with a 10 foot drop.

You have to come up with a rebar design (that's a thing, you know) appropriate to the intent of the wall, and then you have to form a web of rebar for the concrete you're going to pour. You can do it in slabs. You could do it on-site, but since the site is a barren wasteland that's probably not the best idea, so you'll do it remotely.

So you're making slabs of wall maybe 10 feet wide at some facility along the border. Note that the wall needs to be at least 1000 miles long (not counting meanders) so that facility may need to move two or three times.

You need to get those huge slabs of wall (40-ish feet tall by 3 feet thick) from the fabrication facility to the wall site. You can really only do that with a large semi tractor-trailer. Problem is, there are no roads that go to most of the area where you're building the wall. So before any of this gets underway, somebody needs to create a transportation network whereby the wall sections - not to mention all the other things needed by the hundreds of people working on the wall construction need to survive day by day - can get from the point of fabrication to the place where they'll be appended to the wall-in-progress.

Your typical highway bridge is probably a few million dollars, at least. 1000 miles of this poo poo through the middle of nowhere is going to be vastly more expensive.

So this 100 foot long chunk of wall. How much would it cost? I'm guessing it would cost $1,000,000 dollars. That makes the border wall cost around $50 trillion dollars.

Ok so I'm nuts; a 100 foot stretch of wall, all told, only costs $100,000 dollars. That's all in on what I wrote above: fabrication, transportation, infrastructure around the wall zone, etc. That makes it only $5 trillion dollars.

For the entire wall to cost $400 billion dollars, that 100 foot chunk of wall - all told, including all peripheral costs - would have to cost about $7000 dollars. That's about the price it would cost to build a deck on the back of a normal suburban home.

The wall is an insane fantasy.

emfive fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 26, 2017

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Don't forget to watch the doomsday clock press conference tomorrow, y'all!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

even our feckless milquetoast mayor here in DC is vowing to maintain sanctuary city status

what beautiful irony that DC hates the federal government more than basically any other city in the country

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

triple sulk posted:

I'm watching hockey

i can't watch anything else

not even my av losing to you guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Water Resistant
Jul 10, 2003

Wolfsheim posted:

Yep. Thank god SCOTUS got rid of the voting rights act.

"Ahead of and behind Mr. Langer were voters who did not look as if they should be allowed to vote, Mr. Trump said, according to the staff members — but they were nonetheless permitted to cast provisional ballots. The president threw out the names of Latin American countries that the voters might have come from."
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/us/politics/trump-bernhard-langer-voting-fraud.html?_r=0&referer=https://t.co/MU5TAHryYL

• Locked thread