Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'm imagining Ye Olde School AFC South thread just being three Colts posters getting drunk and comparing burger places to go to when they're in Indy with an occasional Texans fan coming on, calling Bud Adams an rear end in a top hat, and leaving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
In the AFC West thread, if you missed a Lokey snipe, you got kicked in the dick...

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I lurked for a while but MV was like that one super uptight dude who insists to the contrary that he was chill but always showed that he wasn't.

Anyway, AFC West bitch

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 26, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Black Sunshine posted:

Or maybe MV was a lovely mod that killed division threads for dumb and/or imaginary reasons and made sure everyone posted in one huge gently caress off thread so when your average poster logged in to check out TFF they were treated with having to wade through 30 loving pages a day to find any discussion about their team and they got sick of it and stopped logging in and now we have a dead gay forum...

Oh honey if you think division threads stopped certain teams from dominating the discussion.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

I'm imagining Ye Olde School AFC South thread just being three Colts posters getting drunk and comparing burger places to go to when they're in Indy with an occasional Texans fan coming on, calling Bud Adams an rear end in a top hat, and leaving.

I came in at the tail end of the old divisional threads but I remember the AFC South posters seemed to all be ridiculously chill with each other, although everyone who wasn't a Colts fan would complain about Peyton. It was like the exact opposite of the NFC South where everyone hated each other no matter what.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Grittybeard posted:

I came in at the tail end of the old divisional threads but I remember the AFC South posters seemed to all be ridiculously chill with each other, although everyone who wasn't a Colts fan would complain about Peyton. It was like the exact opposite of the NFC South where everyone hated each other no matter what.

Things haven't really changed except replace Peyton with Luck.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CharlestheHammer posted:

Man your obsession with MV over some perceived slight is creepy as gently caress.

I guess all those people agreeing that MV is terrible in this thread are obsessed too

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I still don't really get the NFC South hatefest because it's not like any of those teams are monolithic franchises a la Steelers, Pats, Cowboys, etc., so it just comes across as a bunch of fanbases with moderate to low success pretending they're talking about the SEC instead.

Who actually harbors hate in their heart for the loving Atlanta Falcons, I mean, really. Or even the Saints. Sure, Gregg Williams, yadda yadda, but they got one championship out of that deal and it's not like they've dominated the division every year since. It's just bizarre.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Doltos posted:

I guess all those people agreeing that MV is terrible in this thread are obsessed too

Yeah it would seem.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Probably Magic posted:

It's Boogie Burger, no contest.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
How was the old NFC West thread like?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
There weren't many divisional threads because they were quashed pretty quick. AFCW and AFCN were the biggest ones. The others were weak offshoots that weren't given a chance to grow.

But I guess I'm just obsessed for saying that.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Guys... I'm sorry but what does N/V stand for? :eng99:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Doltos posted:

There weren't many divisional threads because they were quashed pretty quick. AFCW and AFCN were the biggest ones. The others were weak offshoots that weren't given a chance to grow.

Post more about how non obsessed you are

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The NFC North thread was good except for when it became Packers 3rd String Everything chat

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Bananana posted:

No Victories

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

The Bananana posted:

you can't be serious

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Oh honey if you think division threads stopped certain teams from dominating the discussion.

If you don't know the difference between having to wade through a discussion about 4 teams versus a discussion about 32 teams then...welp

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The NFC North thread was good except for when it became Packers 3rd String Everything chat

I should add that this was still good because at least it was people talking about stuff

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Black Sunshine posted:

If you don't know the difference between having to wade through a discussion about 4 teams versus a discussion about 32 teams then...welp

20 of which no one actively talked about.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

The Bananana posted:

News/Views.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

CharlestheHammer posted:

I have to say, for a team that's pretty forgettable a lot of the time, the Titans posters here are good as hell

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If my dick was tiny I'd be as uptight as MV too

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Doltos posted:

The NFCE thread was pretty poo poo but now it's the best thread for the best division and all other divisional threads are balls

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Benny the Snake posted:

How was the old NFC West thread like?

It was a handful of people occasionally posting about bad teams.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What was the drama that sent Gendo into self imposed exile?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

I can make poo poo up if I want as well. Doesn't make it true.

Every team had at least a few active posters with the possible exceptions of Titans and Rams iirc

You don't have to white knight for MV. He might suck your dick if you just ask politely.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If what Adolf told me was true it had something to do with stalking a female goon

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Did the mythical third string fullback chat ever actually happen or was that just a joke about the trend in general? If it did happen give me names to google so I can see just how far down the well this went.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Grittybeard posted:

Did the mythical third string fullback chat ever actually happen or was that just a joke about the trend in general? If it did happen give me names to google so I can see just how far down the well this went.

In our defense, most of our third-stringers were starters at some point this season.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i wasn't here for the divisional threads but i'm glad they are back cause gently caress y'alls teams

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Black Sunshine posted:

I can make poo poo up if I want as well. Doesn't make it true.

Every team had at least a few active posters with the possible exceptions of Titans and Rams iirc

You don't have to white knight for MV. He might suck your dick if you just ask politely.

I actually just think division threads are stupid and pointless.

Because they are. Weird nostalgia aside.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

King Hong Kong posted:

It was a handful of people occasionally posting about bad teams.

So nothing has changed!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The NFC West was pretty bad back then. It was kind of what the AFC South is now. I think it was mostly us laughing at the 49ers, so not much has changed.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Doltos posted:

It doesn't segregate anyone. Segregation is when you force separation. People choose to post in divisional and fun threads because that's what they want to do.

The much better explanation is MorningView is a total moron that was given the moderator keys by a creepy stalker and disagreed with all our fun stuff because he's a total moron

Didn't you rage quit TFF for a while because people disagreed with you draft analysis.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Gendo probated me for bringing up Daltos's hatred of the G*ps* menace. Uncool.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The only thing i dont like about the n/v thread is the pace that it moves. Theres like 350 posts in between when i can peruse but its also good when I'm wasting time at work.

Divisional threads are good for a slower discussion.

I dunno. Who cares. Read em, dont read em, having em should not be an issue imo.

Also, its australia day and i have had 7 beers, working on my 8th and just ate two porterhouse steaks. After playing ps4 most of the day.

Pretty good day.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

swickles posted:

Didn't you rage quit TFF for a while because people disagreed with you draft analysis.

He ragequits everything because people are constantly roasting his nuts for being stupid/wrong/racist about everything.

gently caress you Daltos, Krugs is not "in a dangerous ghetto"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Richard Spencer got punched again lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Richard Spencer got punched again lol

And it'll happen again, and again, and again