Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
One would hope that this update being a foundational investment in the future of the game suggests that Gaz is confident that they can keep the lights on for a little while at least.

You would think that if they were truly desperate for income they would be making GBS threads out characters and costumes like the sky was falling, but they're doing the opposite. The charitable interpretation is that they are more concerned about long term sustainability than short term profits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Did this patch come with visual updates for abilities too, or was that prior patches from the big gap in time I hadn't played? I noticed Iron Man's Jericho Bombardment looked different, it was a nice touch.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

A person in the Beast feedback thread posted:

Spelling mistakes on the tooltip for Brains and Muscle trait ("strenght"), Moving Target trait ("thit"), Barrier Gadget ("electomagnetic", "nearbye"), Deploy Gas Drone ("aresol") and Electro-Catalyst ("termporarily", "depilitates"). Sorry, I saw one and had to check the rest..
I guess that's the kind of thing TC is there for, but still, c'mon.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Deer Profeser Eks,

got a reel bad headake in my brane, mined grabbing my electo-magnet nearbye thit aresol can on yor tabel?

yors truley, Beest

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

They let DarkBeast write for them.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
What total XP% are you guys running to hit 60 after Juggernaut?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh that's how they made Beast work

He's Juggernaut + Spider-Man + traps

e: his ult is fantastic

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 26, 2017

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Can I get a supergroup invite for CheapTrickster please?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Guys I'm scared, Star-Lord feels really good now.

I've tried 3 different builds on him:

GRENADES
Elemental Blast
Dash
Gravity Grenade
Cryo Grenade
Incendiary Grenade
Shockwave Grenade
Orbital Strike
Water (or Element of choice)

Rotation: Ele Blast, drop all grenades, dash, repeat until you're out of Ammo, then use your Element and repeat. That's it. Beat the cosmic trial without a catalyst or team-up. Stupid as hell.

ALL ELEMENTS
Elemental Barrage
Dash
Fire
Water
Earth
Air
Orbital Strike
Elemental Blast

Rotation: Hold down LMB and hit an Element, then Elemental Blast, every second or two. Throw in an Orbital Strike when you want to, whatever. Experience particle effects!

FEELS STRONG, IS STUPID SO IS PROBABLY STRONG
Empty the Clips
Dash
Incendiary Cluster Bomb
Earth
Air
Fire
Orbital Strike
Elemental Blast

Swap Water for Air on single-target.

Rotation: Hold down LMB, press ICB and Orbital Strike on cooldown. Hit an element, then Elemental Blast, every couple seconds (SLIGHTLY less often than your ALL ELEMENTS rotation, but, whatever). Enjoy that you're dumping a huge brutal strike at monster range every 2-3 seconds.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Oh that's how they made Beast work

He's Juggernaut + Spider-Man + traps

e: his ult is fantastic

added you to beastplayers.xls

e:

quote:

Effects that reduce Spirit costs below 50% now function as intended. This includes the Spirit Cost Reduction stat, which no longer has a 50% cap.

glad this was a bug, that'll make a bunch of talents a lot more fun to play around with.

Mover fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 26, 2017

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Lux Aeterna posted:

asros was posting a bit last night

omega items months away (or at the very least nowhere in the next 45 days)
will include hero specific and any hero omega powers
omega difficulty trying to be tied to omega items

but you should totally log in for the next few months because they're adding more chase artifacts

also unique reroll recipe got sliced in half on TC so thats nice

I saw that post and was about to dump on him because he also said the powers team was currently working on upcoming heroes blue furbait and nick furry (after which they can finally start working on omega items) which indicates their revenue stream must be absolutely abysmal right now, but I figured that would be mean. But holy poo poo I can't believe they dropped their "biggest update ever" with no new items to chase, no new modes or zones or terminals or really anything that would incentivize old returning players to stick around. They either should've delayed the update until omega items were ready to go, or put priority on them to be out in the next few weeks.

All this being said, I'm having a lot of fun messing around with Wesley Snipes and Thing is pretty cool and I hear Colossus is a pretty cool summoner now so the talent stuff seems to have been successful in at least making the game entertaining.

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 26, 2017

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I can't wait to muster upmthb the courage to log in soon thank younautot Ct corr ft autocorr ft clay to sit aurlyorfoy autograph c autocorrect.

Auyocorr ft. Autocorr ft qutoreccr

God drat it
Autocorrect. Nailed it. Full concentration.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I can't wait to muster upmthb the courage to log in soon thank younautot Ct corr ft autocorr ft clay to sit aurlyorfoy autograph c autocorrect.

Auyocorr ft. Autocorr ft qutoreccr

God drat it
Autocorrect. Nailed it. Full concentration.
My dude, maintain. Never told you, I finished before the rework:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

My dude, maintain. Never told you, I finished before the rework:

This...inspires me to login.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Darke GBF posted:

But holy poo poo I can't believe they dropped their "biggest update ever" with no new items to chase, no new modes or zones or terminals or really anything that would incentivize old returning players to stick around. They either should've delayed the update until omega items were ready to go, or put priority on them to be out in the next few weeks.
Releasing the skills was at least something to do after months of no content.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Darke GBF posted:

I saw that post and was about to dump on him because he also said the powers team was currently working on upcoming heroes blue furbait and nick furry (after which they can finally start working on omega items) which indicates their revenue stream must be absolutely abysmal right now, but I figured that would be mean. But holy poo poo I can't believe they dropped their "biggest update ever" with no new items to chase, no new modes or zones or terminals or really anything that would incentivize old returning players to stick around. They either should've delayed the update until omega items were ready to go, or put priority on them to be out in the next few weeks.

All this being said, I'm having a lot of fun messing around with Wesley Snipes and Thing is pretty cool and I hear Colossus is a pretty cool summoner now so the talent stuff seems to have been successful in at least making the game entertaining.

To be fair as an old returning player i find that there are a poo poo ton of new items, a few new modes and zones and terminals since i quit. They annoying part is a lot of it is event gated.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

Giedroyc posted:

Storm makes CMM look like a joke. She'll be nerfed to bits although I hope not as she's great for getting xp/money and cosmic reliquaries.

Been enjoying her also. What build are you running?

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

This...inspires me to login.

But for how long?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Pour one out for davebo, I cannot get Wolverine to feel like a complete character. Going for a cooldown-heavy Impale-dump build means you're going to bug out and get perma-0 Fury bug (I got it twice in an hour), his bleed build feels two moves short of a set, the other talents don't really compose one coherent character kit with any sense of synergy, and hoooooooly poo poo is his signature weird to try to drag into interactions with the rest of his kit.

Signature gives you a stacking crit chance that rolls over to guaranteed brut at 3 stacks. It affects your next use of one of three powers:
Tornado Claw - there's a talent that makes this do a ton of damage but you have to spam it so fast you can't get the sig stacks in at the tail end.
Run Through - this does good damage but you're probably taking the talent that makes this apply a vulnerability to your Fury spenders, if you use it at all.
Impale - this already has 100% native brut chance. It literally gains nothing from the signature.

At least he scales off Durability so he's faceroll easy in all content including the can't-die-standing-in-Red-Skull-zones cosmic trial.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
So am I wrong in assuming that I should just be doing quick story missions for craploads of XP, hitting 60 around act 3, then prestiging or moving onto the next character for now? It sounds like the top end content is still pending.

Are there any story missions now that grant any specific rewards that aren't the artifact boxes, outside of Chapter 9 Loki? Anything particular to grab before prestiging?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Tortolia posted:

So am I wrong in assuming that I should just be doing quick story missions for craploads of XP, hitting 60 around act 3, then prestiging or moving onto the next character for now? It sounds like the top end content is still pending.

I ran story for prestiging tonight with 250% XP (190 synergy + 10 Pot of Gold + 50 Boost) and didn't ding 60 until I beat Sinister (fortunately Ch.7 is like 3 minutes long). Start to finish was 57 minutes (timed by buff duration). I don't see how people are getting it done close to Juggs without boosting to at least 300%+ or they are stopping to do side quests.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Toshimo posted:

I ran story for prestiging tonight with 250% XP (190 synergy + 10 Pot of Gold + 50 Boost) and didn't ding 60 until I beat Sinister (fortunately Ch.7 is like 3 minutes long). Start to finish was 57 minutes (timed by buff duration). I don't see how people are getting it done close to Juggs without boosting to at least 300%+ or they are stopping to do side quests.

I'm currently at 459% bonus thanks to 121 synergy and literally a dozen different buffs from the last time I seriously played. I still have sixteen in game days of 25% xp bonus from when they let the shared boons stack excessively and we would crash the servers from our boon parties being too much to handle.

So yeah, I recognize that my scenario here is not the norm. Just looking to take advantage of it and I don't want to miss anything good from story quests when I prestige.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i need to do more runs to know for sure but i legit think that you can get to 60 just as fast, but finish by the end of chapter 5, if you do the treasure rooms and boss rooms.

and never go to savage lands ever again

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I run story with 200% synergy, a 50% pot, and I've just run out of 100% rush bars. I'm also insane, so all of my characters already have level 26-30 Mole Man medallions. I do everything but Prologue at red difficulty.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Toshimo posted:

Are you running story on red or green? I'm consistently hitting 60 around the end of chapter 3 on red with 200 synergy, ~50 boost (tend to pop late when it begins to slow slightly), Cyclops synergy on.

Speaking of Jugs though, it's really annoying that they managed to make that one mission not flag started if you just jump straight from Chucko to the train yard. You can hop from SHIELD point to SHIELD point without actually doing things, but you can't go straight in or the tracker loses its mind and you don't get credit. Chapter 4 and 6-9 aren't hamstrung like this, and 1-3 were revamped to do this intentionally, so I don't expect them to fix it, but it's kind of annoying.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Yeah, I've been doing green because every boss starting with Venom was just miserable and slow on red. Are you guys using a L70 leg + L1 core or something to get over the stat hump?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i've only played green story on accident

but yeah i am a rich gently caress who rains legendaries and blessings all over

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Just a Power Cosmic each when I prestiged Captain Marvel and Cyclops twice, no core at first. Cyke has a 10% XP core in the low 40s, but that obviously is less about survival than just getting more grinder grist faster. Deadpool I did raw, with a Godslayer that I put on him for leveling, so it was giving 10% XP by the end but certainly didn't help with damage by the time it stopped being hard.

Pets (assuming you weren't studious about ensuring they were all +3 Fighting, unless you're playing a Fight/* character) and Infinity points (remember they unlock at 1) help. Also it probably helps to have a character that isn't too hybrid, such that you have a lot more usable powers early, instead of a weird split that don't mesh. Deadpool was kind of a nightmare until 30, then unlocking the trait tree was fairly simple from there.

e: Oh, and in case it's not obvious, either turn down your pet auto-vape or occasionally go to Jarvis/Weapon vendor to buy stuff. Particularly the weapons, since armor slots don't really scale the defense percentage with levels so much as they get more/better affixes. Even green garbage is better than the nothing that you might think you should be able to get through story with. Bear in mind, per the devs, Heroic is tuned between old Cosmic Terminal and pre-update Cosmic Patrols. This is a huge jump from what old red meant.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jan 26, 2017

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

I only run green story because I am a cheap bum who uses no legendary, no blessings and that very first living laser medallion until I get madame hydra's, along with whatever purples I find.

I have 200% hero synergy, 50% boost from potion + whatever the serverside xp bonus is and have been hitting 60 before juggernaut.

I will do some of the treasure rooms as I come across them (gotta get that starlord costume), most of the boss showdowns, if not all, and some of the dynamic events along the way.

Edit: I guess I should add I have like 900 something infinity points, so I guess that helps me get away with gimp gear. That and it is green story mode.

madcow fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jan 26, 2017

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Oh, this is interesting...

I've been wondering what to do with a Power Cosmic that I had on Jean, since she seems to be pretty solidly in EITHER Mental or Energy these days, a hybrid's just not workable. I don't have Loki, Rogue, or Doom, buuuut... one of Cyclops' talents lets him swap out Jean for Emma Frost. And she deals Mental Damage... :getin:

Edit: Also, is the PC viable on hybrids that only do 2 out of the 3? I vaguely recall someone saying something to that effect.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Ghost of Starman posted:

Oh, this is interesting...

I've been wondering what to do with a Power Cosmic that I had on Jean, since she seems to be pretty solidly in EITHER Mental or Energy these days, a hybrid's just not workable. I don't have Loki, Rogue, or Doom, buuuut... one of Cyclops' talents lets him swap out Jean for Emma Frost. And she deals Mental Damage... :getin:

Edit: Also, is the PC viable on hybrids that only do 2 out of the 3? I vaguely recall someone saying something to that effect.

It's not as good as a level 80 when two-typing, but yes. Basically nobody was tri damage for a while and it was much sought after before the new set. It's even better now for Cyclops now. Emma will proc physical for you too, though, so it's irrelevant unless you're some sort of punchclops purist using no energy powers.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

HandsomeBen posted:

Been enjoying her also. What build are you running?

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/308574/guide-talent-update-lightning-lockdown-storm#latest
With different uniques/artifacts. Think I have gok/ultron sheath/black tom's and edge of infinity. All her basic uniques as I cba taking d'jinn off emma.

"Bug Fixes:

Activating Black Panther’s Travel power while wearing the ENHANCED Shuri costume will no longer result in a T-pose."

boo that was funny

Giedroyc fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 26, 2017

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

What is in the 1.5 GB patch they released today, have they said?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Zaodai posted:

Yes

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Zaodai posted:

Yeah it's a few spelling errors they had to fix.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Zaodai posted:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/310003/marvel-heroes-2016-2-01-patch-notes

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Thanks.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Juggernaut on so much of a roll that his step-brother Chuck couldn't take it and had to tattle.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

So wait, is Doom the only actual-summoner who scales off of Int now that they changed Squirrel Girl to Fighting/Speed? Follow-up that is probably asked-and-answered, but does that make him the actual-summoner with artifacts that give +summon damage and +a stat you want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!