Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Seems to me that's a fairly easily countered argument.

"Yeah but look at literally everyone in power in your party right now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

ZombieCat posted:

My options are a guy who made a few overly optimistic promises and a narcissistic sociopath who wants to rewrite the past?

Gonna have to go with the one on the right, Bob.

Who then apologized when it turned out he was wrong.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Cpt.Americant posted:

He's also literally complemented Kim Jong Un many times and called him a great leader. He also said lots of praiseworthy things about Kim Jong Il as well.

This isn't coming out of nowhere, authoritarians tend to like other authoritarians.

In related news, a North Korean ambassador defected to South Korea and says Un's government is going to collapse due to corruption and instability.

The first statement was rated Lie of the Year by Politifact, so... is this a trick question?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm really tired of seeing La La Land used in these toons.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I can practically hear your boner popping over this story.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

:eyepop::perfect:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

And what would your reaction be if it'd been the other way around?

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

*see analysis at mrc.org

What analysis? I can't even find it.

I did find some poo poo about "exposing liberal media bias" and "media ignoring christian genocide" incidentally.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Rochallor posted:

If Day By Day got banned for barely being about politics among other reasons, can we ban Prickly City for the same reason? It's just become Stantis and Allie's Existential Crisis.

Day by Day got banned for being masturbatory material for the "creator" as well as making a comic stating that anal rape was a good and just punishment for his waifu having bad opinions.

Stop being willfully dense.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

FaradayCage posted:

*see analysis at mrc.org

What analysis? I can't even find it.

I did find some poo poo about "exposing liberal media bias" and "media ignoring christian genocide" incidentally.
Tinsley is a grown man who doesn't understand how citation works and yet every year he dogs on liberal art degrees.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

How the gently caress could you think you need to put a "Spicer" button on him when you already identified him as the presidential press secretary?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Oh, you mean they were arrested and charged, Tinsley?

Man, it's sounding like justice was loving done. Wow.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Meme night? Did stand up clubs in the 80s have bumper sticker night?

"Tonight only! Pay to watch some guy say jokes he didn't write that you can read for free elsewhere!"

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

God I loving hate this poo poo with a passion. They do something upsetting and that go "what are you upset?"

It's been months now since the election. Still bringing up how they totally won you guys!

Liberals may have been a little giddy for a few days after the election in 2012, maybe even a full week or two. But by end of November did anyone keep bringing up "Republican tears" at all? Did I just miss it? Or is the obvious answer a combination of (a) Republicans are super petty and (b) they don't want to actually defend making Trump the President.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Ah yes let's play this game you loving vile scum

A reformed KKK member who not only realized how he was wrong and became and advocate for racial justice, who received perfect voting record ratings from the NAACP, vs a child rapist who has the loving gall to ask a judge to force his victim to give back millions in hush money

Someone punch this piece of poo poo in the face

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cpt.Americant posted:

It's been months now since the election. Still bringing up how they totally won you guys!
Fairly sure our tears are because of the pipelines, not the election results.

gently caress 'em anyways, of course.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Branco, are you implying Trump is compensating for something?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Branco, are you implying Trump is compensating for something?

Yeah, he's compensating for the fact that literally every news organization in the entirety of the world are all in cahoots to make him look bad with things that he's done and said!

I mean open your eyes you loving dumbocrat!!

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Gee, we can't credit Obama for over doubling the Dow Jones, only white people knows economy.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Ecstatic white people, representing the Stock Market, Wall St., Wall St., and Yolks, ignore the sour grapes Obama, as Donald Trump wins a footrace (also representing the stock market) against no one. 0.5 stars.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Good news!

He got punched again today!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I hope it was by the same guy.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Cpt.Americant posted:

God I loving hate this poo poo with a passion. They do something upsetting and that go "what are you upset?"

Liberals may have been a little giddy for a few days after the election in 2012, maybe even a full week or two. But by end of November did anyone keep bringing up "Republican tears" at all? Did I just miss it? Or is the obvious answer a combination of (a) Republicans are super petty and (b) they don't want to actually defend making Trump the President.
We've reached a point in social discourse (and worryingly, more and more, in discourse that should be held to a higher standard) where painting the other side as angry/offended/upset is the same as proving them wrong. Why should I have to refute your argument when I can just call you a crybaby?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

Fake news has no respect for historical continuity.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Saint Sputnik posted:

Good news!

He got punched again today!

Didn't this turn out to just be an image of the second time he got punched during inauguration day?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Ku Klux Klurf posted:

Fake news has no respect for historical continuity.
That's loving hilarious coming from this guy.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

This is the dumbest goddamn thing, even for a nazi.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Erenthal posted:

This is the dumbest goddamn thing, even for a nazi.
Things like this make me wonder if its not just the symbols people are messing up, rather they don't actually know the USSR broke up.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm continually amazed at how surface-level of an understanding on a subject someone can have while calling millions of other people ignorant on it

Like, it took me five seconds' thought to find two different ways of countering this: (a) the USSR and Nazi Germany started off WW2 as allies of convenience and would have stayed that way indefinitely if Hitler's ambition hadn't gotten the better of him, and oh yeah (b) Russia is no longer a communist country you loving idiot so this reference is completely worthless

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

A country changing over the course of 70 years? Nice try, fake news!

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Heh, those loving fake news shills

~draws Trump as a glorious badass~

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
It's a good thing World War 2 extinguished any appetite Russia has for right wing extremism today.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Are we sure at this point that we aren't the majority of red panels' audience and he's not deliberately loving with us

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Somfin posted:

Oh, you mean they were arrested and charged, Tinsley?

Man, it's sounding like justice was loving done. Wow.

poo poo like this is why I want fucks like Tinsley to just die of liver failure already. They just love bringing up poo poo like this and going SEE BOTH SIDES ARE JUST AS BAD, IT'S OKAY THAT COPS SHOOT BLACK PEOPLE while completely ignoring things like "black people attacking white people go to jail, white people shooting black people get paid vacations."

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Same Nazi got punched in the face again

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

loquacius posted:

: (a) the USSR and Nazi Germany started off WW2 as allies of convenience and would have stayed that way indefinitely if Hitler's ambition hadn't gotten the better of him

this is a really fundamentally flawed understanding of the circumstances that lead to the formation and eventual failure of the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact.

In short: the gently caress they would. it wasn't even really an allegiance of convenience so much as both sides going "well, we're clearly not in a position to fight now, so lets make it as painful as possible to go to war" with the super clear implication of "so we can pick this up in a year or two" and hitler went "as painful as possible? then they'll NEVER see it coming!" which worked about as well as it sounds.

the nazis had, quite literally, been screaming from the rooftops about what they were going to do to the USSR for a decade plus by that point. the war wasn't surprising, the timing was.

CoolCab fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

WERE. As in past tense.

Nobody thinks Trump is biologically Hitler. He's a nationalist in the same way the 1930s Nazis called themselves nationalists.

The WWII Russian Communist vs German Nazi idealogical friction KKKlurf is referring to was indeed in the past. Today, Russia is extremely different.

This concludes today's lesson on "things change," have a good day and may God bless your life with joy.

• Locked thread