Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
I don't think they'll squat any of the Eldar factions, but I can totally see GW discontinuing parts of them like Aspect Warriors for example because I guess wraith units lol

It's a dilemma because the bloated and overcomplicated ruleset we're stuck with currently really needs a redesign from the ground up, on the other hand, it's also huge task and I wouldn't trust the GW design staff to solve a puzzle designed for small children at this point :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hey Warhams thread, I was wondering if these are worth anything. I got'em in a huge lot of Warhammer books ages ago and while I like the stories in them I might as well sell them if they're worth a good bit, they seem to be really rare. They're the entireties of Titan and Bloodquest collected into their respective single volumes.

The only example of one for sale I can find on ebay is this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-GD-Bloodquest-The-Eye-of-Terror-Trilogy-by-Gordon-Rennie-/222196956367?hash=item33bbf87ccf:g:lD0AAOSw0fhXlH9L which seems a tad much, but I don't know.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I don't get where is fear that Aspect Warriors are getting squatted is coming from.

We've seen art from the new book with them, Aspect Warrior lists are popular at tournys from what I've seen and if they are getting squatted " 'coz finecast", then that means Incubi/Mandrakes etc would be getting squatted for the same reason, and we've seen two formations that require those already.

People are jumping at shadows, calm the gently caress down.

Edit: Both of those are well out of print so they'll be wanted. BL have reprinted a couple of the shorter comic series (Deth Squadren, etc) recently but no signs of either of those two you have.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

SteelMentor posted:

I don't get where is fear that Aspect Warriors are getting squatted is coming from.

I believe the source is NTRabbit making GBS threads his jorts because half the Craftworld range isn't being released in plastic out of sync with the codex update cycle.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Aspect warriors are also an absolutely fundamental part of the eldar fluff since pretty much the creation of the concept. It'd be like removing tactical Marines or ork Boyz.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
You will always be able to play with your units. The rules are free, and always will be! Just head to our data sheet compendium.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
4 Simple pages of rules!

...Plus hundreds of pages of unique unit rules scattered all over the place.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

TKIY posted:

4 Simple pages of rules!

...Plus hundreds of pages of unique unit rules scattered all over the place.

this is way different from 40k now because

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Going the Sigmar route of giving out the rules for free would be p-cool for 8th ed. They're halfway there with the Data-whatevers in Weekly WD and the stripped down versions in the boxes.

Edit: There's gonna be a Q&A on Warhammer TV for the Fracture of Biel-Tan in about 5 mins.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sir Teabag posted:

You will always be able to play with your units. The rules are free, and always will be! Just head to our data sheet compendium.

If, in your psychic phase,

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Did they close the hate threads or something?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
You'd think so wouldn't you? Unfortunately it seems bitter hams aren't satisfied with two threads to be bitter in and want another two to circlejerk about the same topics again and again and again.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

mango sentinel posted:

Did they close the hate threads or something?

no, people just stopped posting in there for some reason

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I think it's because they were lonely in their echo chamber.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Maybe they ran out of hot takes about star wars

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

According to the translation from the French WD, all of the Eldar have been merged into one army, and instead there are now factions that each contain representatives from what used to be Eldar, Dark Eldar, and Harlequins - one of which is some new 'undead' faction that cat woman and the slaanesh daemonette are from.

:ironicat:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jan 26, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Don't be dumb. The two big changes have each gotten their own book, in The End Times there were cities getting destroyed off-screen, with just a line of dialogue being all, "oh yeah, Tabelheim got hosed too."

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Sometimes I wonder if there were people in the early 90s going absolutely apeshit over the fact that Macragge got ate.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Man I miss the old metal incubi from 3rd edition. Always liked their design more than the newer plastic ones

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Watching the Q&A stream Biel-Tan isn't properly destroyed, the various smaller vessels that make up it's mass break off as the Craftworld splits into different factions in this little civil war thing over Ynead's manifestation.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

That's a pretty rad colour scheme for Dire Avengers.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Man I miss the old metal incubi from 3rd edition. Always liked their design more than the newer plastic ones

The newer ones aren't plastic. Finecast, sadly. Because I'm currently working out how I can make plastic ones out of kabalite warriors and hellion glaives.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

SteelMentor posted:

Watching the Q&A stream Biel-Tan isn't properly destroyed, the various smaller vessels that make up it's mass break off as the Craftworld splits into different factions in this little civil war thing over Ynead's manifestation.

Yeah, Atia's got a summary of the Twitch stream up:

Transcript :

A lot of history from eddie on the eldar race.
In a nutshell : If they all die they can spawn ynnead and destroy slanesh.
Eldrad plan is to be able to do it without without all eldar going down. That's what happen in death masque but he's interrupted by a kill team and flee in the webway. That the start of gathering storm.

Story happen in a Dark eldar arena in commoragh (town in the webway). In the witch cult of strife.
During a must have ticket event. They have an hybrid tyrannids from leviathan/kraken.

Ygrainne : trouble in a craftworld by killing a seer (renegade) maybe she's a seer/aspect warrior. and fight now in the arena.
she die in the arena but a spirit power from death masque(summoned by eldrad) go into her and she become the ynnead prophet.

(will do correction later they speak fast for me ^^)

Red eldar : Mysterious, armor style (or armor itself) dating since before the fall. Respected by aspect.

Transcript by Atia :

- The book starts in Commoragh - a shard of Ynnead is there, Yvraine finds it.
- If there is too much psychic activity there - Slaanesh comes for you. So they are scared.
- Yvraine flees the city, gets saved by the Visarch - we don't know how he is.

- The Craftworlds are coming together. Eldar don't talk literally - the fracture is both the way what happens and what factions come out.
- Craftworlds weren't always one ship. Bigger than anything the imperium has, bigger than the Rock. Made up of different ships that are all stuck together.
- Biel-Tans infinity matrix has a fracture - there is a split.
- It's the kickstart Ynnead needs to get born. All the Eldar souls who are locked up there birth the new god. All the "parts" of Biel-Tan split up. It's basically a fleet now, instead of a craftworld.
- The Avatar is in the center of all the souls of eldar of Biel-Tan who died in the last 10k years. He is the proof that the prophecy of Ynnead is real. A beacon of hopes for all Eldar. They can now fight against Slaanesh.
- The Avatar is the mirror of Slaanesh - they are siblings. His power comes from Eldar souls - hence he looks quite Slaaneshi. They are made of the same stuff.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
comorragh (town in the webway)

sounds so quaint when you put it like that.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Der Waffle Mous posted:

comorragh (town in the webway)

sounds so quaint when you put it like that.

A nice little hamlet nestled away in the portals between real space, Comorragh hosts an annual festival that includes games, dances, and the occasional slave pit fight

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

So a fourth Eldar faction will be sticking around after this, the Ynnari. From what I've seen, they work a bit like the Traitor Legions, where you get restrictions on what you can and can't take (for example, can't take any Haemonculi stuff), and in return, can mix and match Craftworlders, Dark Eldar and Harlequins.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yeah, it sounds like it'll be a distinct army with altered rules for the units in it. A more extreme version of how Cawl unites the Adeptus Mechanicus and Skitarii books.

TheChirurgeon posted:

A nice little hamlet nestled away in the portals between real space, Comorragh hosts an annual festival that includes games, dances, and the occasional slave pit fight

Commorragh features convenient travel links from all over the universe.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Some nice 3D printed upgrade bits:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6m7uUriOJs

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
If you think pushing the 40k story forward is good, then you completely missed the original point of the universe

General Olloth posted:

I'm pretty much on the GW bandwagon as you can be (buying like 2000+ points already since the new year)

But what you're saying here is "Yeah it's dumb as hell, but this is their dumb reasoning"

Which is...not really disagreeing with the people complaining about the renames. Just discussing semantics about it. (Although, maybe that is all you are trying to do here)

General Olloth posted:

I'm pretty much on the GW bandwagon as you can be (buying like 2000+ points already since the new year)

General Olloth posted:

like 2000+ points already since the new year

jesus loving christ

*picture of an enormous :ironicat: growing larger and larger*

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I like Warhammer 40,000 :)

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Guy Goodbody posted:

Don't be dumb. The two big changes have each gotten their own book, in The End Times there were cities getting destroyed off-screen, with just a line of dialogue being all, "oh yeah, Tabelheim got hosed too."

Noted off-screen events such as the rise of Nagash and the sacking of Khermi didn't get their own book, I agree

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

If you think pushing the 40k story forward is good, then you completely missed the original point of the universe

Somehow I don't think your retarded idea of what is or isn't the point is going to matter to most people.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Moola posted:

What if I just don't care what the original point of the universe was, and still like the story moving forward?

quote:

Moola is right--there are many dissenting opinions in the Death Thread about whether anime is Cool and Good and how often to post photos of gundams

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheChirurgeon posted:

What if I just don't care what the original point of the universe was, and still like the story moving forward?

Moola is right--there are many dissenting opinions in the Death Thread about whether anime is Cool and Good and how often to post photos of gundams

I'm on the side of "pretty often," but I think I could be swayed to "very often"

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

panascope posted:

I like Warhammer 40,000 :)

you god drat piece of poo poo!!!!

Regarde Aduck posted:

Somehow I don't think your retarded idea of what is or isn't the point is going to matter to most people.

this is pretty offensive dude, not cool

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Moola posted:

Two of you with the same joke predicated on deliberately misreading what I said. Now that is irony.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
As a lifelong Biel-Tan player, I'm excited for the possibilities and also not particularly worried about the potential of it all coming to an end.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I hope Age of Emperor doesnt happen, because that would bum out a lot of people who make cool model armies

I don't want those people to be bummed out

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm on the side of "pretty often," but I think I could be swayed to "very often"

Of course, you'd say that, you filthy pro-anime monster

Moola posted:

I hope Age of Emperor doesnt happen, because that would bum out a lot of people who make cool model armies

I don't want those people to be bummed out

I didn't know skeletons could lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I'm not squatted! I'm not squatted! I insist as I shrink down and transform into a Tomb King

• Locked thread