Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I can't exactly be annoyed about getting swept by my tag-team partner. Hopefully the Paper Knights will carry over some of these respective results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Still need a tag partner over here!!!!!!!!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Week 11 Injury Report

Blood Gulch Blues
Luke Appling (SS) - 15 days

Modern Love
Bill Madlock (3B) - 18 days
Cole Hamels (SP) - 21 days

Omaha Forgettables
Clay Carroll (RP) - 29 days

Origami Tsunamis
Al Simmons (LF) - 18 days

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League XXI, Week 11: Mortality, Part Eleven

Mortality, Part 11 posted:

"To get back to my point, though, the people of Sodak have always embraced using machines to solve our problems." Zodiac5000 said.

"I've always pictured the average Sodakhan as some manner of Luddite-Mennonite-Troglodyte." Buck Ewing said. "Not the type to adapt to new technology easily."

"Luddite?" Zodiac5000 said. "Let me ask you something, Buck, what does Sodak have?"

"Desolation?" Buck Ewing answered. "Also, that infernal creation called a walking taco, something that finds a way to degrade the taco, itself a degradation of normal food."

"There is nothing wrong with the taco." The People's Left Hander insisted. "It is the food of the people. I will admit, however, that the Walking Taco, which is created by means of Doritos, represents an attempt by the moneyed classes to usurp the food of the people with industrialized components designed to addict and enfeeble the working man."

"There's nothing wrong with Doritos!" Zodiac5000 insisted. "They are formulated to be delicious."

"They are devoid of nutritional value, and cause the working man's organs to fail, thereby indebting him to the powerful pharmaceutical industry." The People's Left Hander said. "We are searching for the secret of immortality, and Doritos are the drug that makes men even more mortal than mortal!"

"Enough of that." Zodiac5000 said. "The point is that Sodak has a lot of fields, but not a lot of people to tend them. So we need mechanical threshers and harvesters to work those fields. We're early adopters. And that is why we need the MACHINE."

"That and the lackluster play of our middle infield." Buck Ewing added.

"That, too." Zodiac5000 said. "Plus, unlike a human being, which ages and dies, the MACHINE is theoretically immortal. If any of its parts fail, they can be replaced."

"Wouldn't you run into the Theseus' Ship problem, though?" Buck Ewing asked. "What is immortality, if what remains is not what once was?"

"What?" Zodiac5000 was confused for a second. "No, shut up. I don't want to die. The MACHINE can't die, and will also keep the Marmosets from dying, it's a perfect plan."

"Other than the fact that the MACHINE does not wish to be part of our team, has no motivation to wish to be part of our team, and, even had the automaton the desire to be part of our our team, Beet would not authorize such a move, and even if Beet would authorize such a move, he is not present to be able to actually authorize such a move." Ewing said.

"Yes, but-" Zodiac5000 tried to trace that logic. "No, again, shut up. It's a good plan. We just need to figure out a way to convince Beet to appear, and then convince him to sign over the MACHINE to the only team that currently poses a threat to him winning the division."

"They say that brandy's the most convincing orator in the world, in terms of its ability to persuade." Buck Ewing said. "But they also say that Beet is from Wisconsin, and is no stranger to the pleasures of that drink, as is true of most of his statesmen, and that, given the events of Sunday, that he's most certainly re-acquainted himself with that spirit quite recently."

"Okay." Zodiac5000 thought about that. "But, what-"

Chelsea Baker slammed a knife into the table. "We could threaten to kill him if he doesn't give us the MACHINE. And then, when he does, we kill him anyway."

"But he's not here." Zodiac5000 said. "You can't threaten to kill someone who's missing."

"Is that a challenge?" Baker asked. "Are you saying I can't kill someone just because I don't know where they are? I could kill Beet right now! Actually, wait, did I already kill him? I can't remember, I kill a lot of people. But there's a chance that he's missing because I killed him. That's happened to me before."

"Listen, guys, we need to figure this out." Zodiac5000 said. "We just got swept by the H-Zephyrs at home. I'm pretty sure that we're getting the death penalty for that."

"Oh, definitely." Baker said, cracking her knuckles. "I mean, I got these warrants of execution for all of you right here!" Baker took some crumpled papers out of her pocket. "Yep, you're all supposed to die."

"So, you're going to kill us?" Zodiac5000 asked.

"Yeah, eventually." Baker said. "But I was going to do that anyway."

"Right, so, we need immortality!" Zodiac5000 reiterated.

TheMcD and his gaggle of Curt Schillings stormed into the room. "Ha ha ha!" TheMcD said as ominous orchestral fanfare played in the background. "I must say, I'm surprised to have had this much success!" He said, putting one knee on a stair and then laughing again. "Surprised that it took me this long for my army of darkness to plunge the entire Super-League into despair and misery!"

"Ha ha ha!" The Schillings laughed in unison. "Sieg Trump!"

TheMcD was taken aback. "Whoa, that's a bit much."

"What the gently caress is that?" Zodiac5000 asked, similarly uncomfortable.

"Listen, you have this many Schillings in one place, with the political climate as it is, things like this are bound to happen." TheMcD said. "That's not even grammatically correct German."

"In any event, your band of Schillings doesn't scare me." Zodiac5000 said.

"Agreed." The People's Left Hander said. "Your counter-revolutionary forces will never oppress the people forever. There will come a reckoning."

"Oh, but the reckoning has come, and look at the result!" TheMcD said, gesturing to the Schilling. "Evil triumphs! Hope is dead! People are willing to convince themselves that the new Star Wars movies are good again just to find some sort of happiness in their lives."

"Token casting is wrong." One Schilling said.

"What's wrong with a white male being a hero? Rey was a Mary Sue." Another Schilling said.

"Yes." TheMcD said, "Hear their retrogressive opinions and despair that they are the future! Ha ha ha!"

"I find your conclusion to be probable, which is produces in me a melancholy worthy of Byron, though considerably more justified." Buck Ewing said. "I'm afraid that the great endeavor of humanity may now be near exhaustion, and we are merely those unfortunate enough to see mankind at its bleakest extremity."

"Ha ha ha!" TheMcD repeated. "There is no escape from the darkness!"

"Okay, can I talk about the Nexus of the Crisis now?" Asked Yoshida.

Dunn looked up from the giant piece of brisket he was getting ready to smoke. "Huh?"

"For the last two weeks, I've had this amazing revelation about the Nexus of the Crisis that I've been wanting to share, and you and McDowell have kept interrupting me to talk about other stuff." Yoshida said.

"Is this about Major Applewhite?" McDowell asked. "Because he's going to keep America safe, at any cost."

"No, he isn't!" Yoshida said. "I looked him up on Wikipedia, and apparently he's the coach of Houston, not some sort of hero. I wasn't sure if that meant he was the coach of the city, or what sport he's the coach of, but he's not some sort of Jack Bauer type of commando."

"How would one coach a city?" McDowell asked.

"'Tis not too hard to reason." Bellhorn said. "A city, like a team, oft is dwells in despair, cloaked in the shadows of many defeats, dreams and hopes ripped asunder by fate. Gold, like wins, are not abundant, to take for one's self takes from the others, and so a city, like a team, oft is impoverished by its fellows. A charger may ride for fairer fields, though the new fields may not seem fairer to others, they would dwell in the city of angels, to lie with the ram in the warm sun of fall in that western land, leaving behind their home, now empty and desolate, a gaping hole in the heart of its erstwhile beloved."

"'Tis not too hard to reason." Bellhorn continued, "A city, like a team, finds itself directionless and lost, straining at the avenue, divers forces reach for its heart, threatening to tear it to pieces, in tears, as though it were a traitor, and having been drawn, now found itself ready to be quartered. Aye, in such times, a city might need a coach, to assure it that comfort was not so dear, but cheap, and to come in the short, that a city had brighter days, or at least days of some brightness, to look on. 'Tis not too hard to reason at all."

"Okay." Yoshida said, as McDowell and Dunn were equally baffled. "Anyway, the Nexus of the Crisis, the hidden storage place for all of the old ideas in the Super-League, where the ancient knowledge exists that could lead us to ForeverBWFC, who is still missing!" Yoshida recapitulated their goal.

"What about it?" Dunn asked, continuing to minister to his brisket.

"What is the Crisis?" Yoshida asked, rhetorically.

"Isn't that the same word for 'opportunity' in Chinese?" Dunn asked.

"I don't think that's actually true." Yoshida said. "But no, the Crisis was a comic book. Or a series of comic books, really. Released in 1985 and 1986, just before Smasher was born. The point of the Crisis, besides making money, was to redefine history in the DC Comic book universe. To rewrite and streamline the history. But how could you do that?" Yoshida asked. "History can't really be erased and repurposed like that, not even in a fictional universe. And, what you had, for years and years, were comics that would obliquely mention this nebulous 'pre-Crisis' world, and when they did, the hints of the things that had existed there, but no longer existed, things like alternate universes and different continuities, weird, fantastical ideas like an Earth-2 Superman, wouldn't that spark your imagination?"

"I don't know." McDowell got his guitar from behind the couch and started tuning the strings. "Maybe, if I was a total nerd."

"This is important!" Yoshida said. "The entire foundation of the Super-League was formed by Smasher's fascination with history and changing times, and that-"

"What are you doing here?" Pander entered, holding his new title belts. "Are you smoking a brisket in the visitor's locker room of the Panderdome?" He asked Dunn.

"Nah, I got the smokehouse built out in the parking lot." Dunn said. "I'm just prepping it here. Anyone ever tell you that it rains a lot in Portland?"

"It's cool, though." Pander said. "Portland has a great culture."

"Not really." Dunn said. "It's depressing. And expensive."

"Yeah, but it's a happening place." Pander said. "And it's progressive."

"Yes, because most cities out there are known for their conservative traditions." McDowell said.

"Yeah, but Portland is on the cutting edge." Pander insisted.

"Name one way that Portland is superior to Austin." Dunn said.

"It's not in Texas." Pander said.

Dunn shook his head. "You ever been to Oregon outside of the Portland area? You think Eastern Oregon is any less backwards than most of Texas?"

"Yes, but they don't hold the balance of power in the state." Pander said. "Unlike in Texas."

"But isn't the scene in Portland played out?" McDowell said, strumming his guitar, not particularly interested.

"Portland is never played out." Pander said.

"Guys?" Yoshida tried again. "I'm getting bumped to next week again, aren't I?"

Terrible Games and Also I Hate Your Teams

It would have served your jerks right if the Bombers had stolen a game from the Panderers and kept their titles. Because they're a decent team! And the Panderers aren't invincible. Also, some of you seemed to take a certain amount of glee in the destruction of the Bombers, which I find unseemly, as their struggles to get nowhere reminds me of myself, along with mentholmoose constantly wondering if he shouldn't give it all up and just kill the team.

Of course, that didn't happen, and the Panderers buzzsawed the Bombers 22-5 over three games, taking the titles easily. Because if there is one thing that the Panderers are good at, it's making other teams look depressed and hopeless in Portland.

As to what went wrong, the Bombers' lineup against left-handers is heavily geared towards power hitters, and they don't go great with the Panderdome. Add in David Price, who will give up fly balls, and you have loads and loads of harmless flyballs as the Bombers slowly burn to the ground.

I don't love that the Lookers lost a home game to the H-Zephyrs. I don't love it when any team drops a home game to the H-Zephyrs. I feel that the H-Zephyrs cast a pall on my league, with their Schillings, and their success leading people to believe that gimmicks are the answer. I want people to beat them at home to show that the H-Zephyrs are vulnerable, and can be beaten.

But if there's a team that I can live with losing a home game to the H-Zephyrs, it's the Lookers, who don't have a great offense, and were resting George Brett to boot. At this point, I think the Lookers' goose might be cooked in terms of surviving in the Super-League, as the Wolverines, despite their awful start, have managed to come all the way back and drop the Lookers into the division cellar.

But they'll have a chance to fix things in the Sub-Par League. In a way, the auto-EC promotion is kind of like the old Bonus Baby rule. Back in the day, before the draft, teams would compete with each other to give bonuses to the most promising prospects. The powers that be, trying to control spending, enacted a rule that if a player got paid over a certain amount in a signing bonus, that he would have to spend some number of seasons on the major league roster before being sent down, or else get exposed to waivers, which meant that you had unseasoned players hanging around on major league rosters despite obviously not being ready. Harmon Killebrew, for example, technically debuted when he was just 18, but barely played in his first few seasons.

This, on the other hand, makes me want to burn the entire state of Sodak to the ground to make sure that a tragedy like this never happens again.

Mornacale could probably do well if he decided to play in the Super-League rather than telling us via twitter how unfair and bad the Super-League is.

But he's certainly taught us a lesson by not being here.

If I could rig the Super-League, I'd definitely have given this game to the Crows. One reason I hate running the Super-League is that HulkaMatt desperately wants his team to do well, Mornacale couldn't care less, and yet the Crows lost.

This division. This loving division.

Team Statistics

Analysis

I don't know how good this team really is.

Analysis

I can't believe CraigK fleeced DannoMack.

Analysis

Joe Jackson is the enemy of the world.

Analysis

This team is going to live to suck another day.

Analysis

Joe Wood might be too young.

Analysis

Of course.

Analysis

I swear, if it comes to it, the Macho Men will put this team down. I am in no mood for it to end any other way. And if I lose that series, then I will retire from the Super-League, because if the Macho Men can't kill this team, if the H-Zephyrs are the ultimate answer to the question of which team is the greatest, then I cannot go on.

Analysis

Saying this team hit a wall undersells the situation.

Analysis

Armitage, I'm sorry, but I can't deal.

Analysis

It's only a matter of time.

Analysis

Sorry.

Analysis

Just a tough division.

Analysis

This team isn't out of it yet.

Analysis

This team isn't out if yet either.

Analysis

Portland is not your friend.

Analysis

This team might just win its division.

Analysis

Better, but I think you've learned the dangers of too little depth.

Analysis

The most average team of them all!

Analysis

It'll take the MACHINE getting hurt to really slow these guys down.

Analysis

The actual best team in the Dynamo League.

Analysis

Yeah, okay.

Analysis

Getting swept by the H-Zephyrs at home is inexcusable!

Analysis

Sorry.

Analysis

This team was a dream of gossamer and hope. It couldn't last forever.

Standings

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
Scientists Changes

none, i guess, good work on regaining the division lead, would like to see satchel paige pitch a little better but keep on keepin on

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Dammit swept by the Nine :argh:

Put Rickey back in CF/Leading off, move Yount to LF and get Joe a blow.
Let's also move Honus to 2B, Lynn to RF and put Nap on the bench for the week.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Current dilemma: Gehrig and Collins both need rest but do I really want to start Fred McGriff and Tommy Helms in the Panderdome?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Yep, losing three of four to the Wolverines puts a nail in my hopes of keeping them down, methinks. Man, Jim Palmer really was integral to our success, it looks like.

Having said that... I still quite like my team! There are so many reasons I shouldn't, but by this point in my previous Sub-Par seasons I was frustrated with the Mines and utterly disgusted with the Murphs, while I still feel some small twinges of joy when I consider the Lookers. So that's something!

Brett back to 3B; Clark to the bench.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Red Donahue replaces Nick Altrock
Arthur Rhodes replaces Greg Holland

Call up Tulo to fill Bonds' roster spot, Kelley goes in as LF vs RHP.

That is all!

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Analysis

The actual best team in the Dynamo League.

I'm not remotely convinced of this but the thought is very much appreciated

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

LMFAO this team

Anyways, changes

1) Cedeno replaces Speaker vs LHP
2) Demote Pedro Borbon

New Bullpen Roles

Long Relief : Bill Bernhard (I don't care which one)
Middle Relief: Dave LaRoche
SR1: Joe Wood
SR2: Darren O'day

New Rotation
SP1: Old Hoss
SP2: Jack Powell
SP3: Cy Young
SP4: George Winter
SP 5: Urban Shocker

I know Lajoie is injured but given that all my 2B are hurt and my only thing resembling an extra IF is Vizquel, lets just allow Mogul to figure out who my infield is this week

shepard.shouldgo fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 26, 2017

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

The Tsunamis draft '23 Eddie Collins. Jampact and his Bonus Wagner are up.

No DH Lineup vs righties:
1. Wade Boggs, 3B
2. Eddie Collins, 2B
3. Stan Musial, RF
4. Frank Thomas, 1B
5. Mike Piazza, C
6. Al Simmons, CF
7. Paul O’Neill, LF
8. Robin Yount, SS
9. Pitcher

No DH Lineup vs Lefties:
1. Wade Boggs, 3B
2. Stan Musial, RF
3. Frank Thomas, 1B
4. Al Simmons, CF
5. Mike Piazza, C
6. Carlos Lee, LF
7. Brian Dozier, 2B
8. Robin Yount, SS
9. Pitcher

DH Lineup:
1. Wade Boggs, 3B
2. Eddie Collins, 2B
3. Stan Musial, RF
4. Paul Konerko, 1B
5. Frank Thomas, DH
6. Al Simmons, CF
7. Mike Piazza, C
8. Paul O'Neill, LF
9. Robin Yount, SS

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

time for team

gently caress Defense

or whatever it is that smasher actually named us

Lineup

2B Eddie Collins
CF Frank Robinson
DH Ted Williams
RF Manny Ramirez
1B Roger Connor
LF Albert Pujols
3B Jackie Robinson
C Gabby Hartnett
SS Robin Yount

Bench
Javy Lopez
Paul Molitor
Ernie Banks
Jim Edmonds
Brian Giles

Rotation
SP1 Pete Alexander
SP2 Rube Waddell
SP3 Greg Maddux
SP4 Tom Glavine
SP5 John Smoltz

Bullpen
CL Rollie Fingers
ST Bruce Sutter
SR Drew Storen
SR Al Hrabosky
MR Chief Bender
LR Rube Waddell

CSVs

SP From Mobsters

alexape01,1913,,,,Pete,Alexander
wadderu01,1906,,,,Rube,Waddell
maddugr01,1995,,,,Greg,Maddux
glavito02,1995,,,,Tom,Glavine
smoltjo01,1995,,,,John,Smoltz

RP From Llamas

fingero01,1981,,,,Rollie,Fingers
suttebr01,1979,,,,Bruce,Sutter
storedr01,2015,,,,Drew,Storen
hraboal01,1975,,,,Al,Hrabosky
bendech01,1911,,,,Chief,Bender
wadderu01,1901,,,,Rube,Waddell

INF From Llamas

connoro01,1882,,,,Roger,Connor
collied01,1911,,,,Eddie,Collins
robinja02,1949,,,,Jackie,Robinson
yountro01,1981,,,,Robin,Yount
willite01,1955,,,,Ted,Williams
molitpa01,1981,,,,Paul,Molitor
bankser01,1965,,,,Ernie,Banks

OF From Mobsters

hartnga01,1932,,,,Gabby,Hartnett
lopezja01,1995,,,,Javy,Lopez
pujolal01,2002,,,,Albert,Pujols
robinfr02,1966,,,,Frank,Robinson
ramirma02,1997,,,,Manny,Ramirez
edmonji01,2002,,,,Jim,Edmonds
gilesbr02,1997,,,,Brian,Giles

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

:smith:

First off, put the intentional walk slider to -2; that one was a mistake on my part.

Second, I guess, new lineups.

vs. RHP:
code:
2B - Collins
CF - Hamilton
DH - Hornsby
RF - Ruth
LF - Bonds
1B - Olerud
C  - Berra
SS - Vaughan
3B - Santo
vs. LHP:
code:
2B - Collins
CF - Hamilton
DH - Hornsby
RF - Ruth
1B - Pujols
C  - Piazza
LF - Bonds
SS - Vaughan
3B - Santo

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
How are you gonna name a team gently caress Defense and then put Robin Yount and Jackie Robinson in the lineup

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

they know how to defend the gently caress, clearly

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Yaya posted:

How are you gonna name a team gently caress Defense and then put Robin Yount and Jackie Robinson in the lineup

the idea behind the team and the execution didn't exactly end up matching up tbh

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Hey tadashi did we ever figure out a tag team configuration? I'm thinking my rotation (don't worry, it won't be crippled by injury) + infield and your bullpen + outfield/C.

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Still need a tag partner over here!!!!!!!!

Try calling dibs on an absentee team like the Janus or Eazy Ws?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

If Chelsea Baker murders someone but forgets she murdered them, did she really murder them at all?

GUERNICA

A tag team with kw0134's .500-4-lyfe Generics and my Panderers

CSV
Panderstuff (RP and IF)
code:
kimbrcr01,2015,,,,Craig,Kimbrel
vinceni01,2015,,,,Nick,Vincent
vinceni01,2016,,,,Nick,Vincent
smithca02,2016,,,,Carson,Smith
brittza01,2016,,,,Zach,Britton
kershcl01,2013,,,,Clayton,Kershaw
hernake01,1983,,,,Keith,Hernandez
collied01,1920,,,,Eddie,Collins
cronijo01,1933,,,,Joe,Cronin
traynpi01,1928,,,,Pie,Traynor
travice01,1938,,,,Cecil,Travis
fonsele01,1924,,,,Lew,Fonseca
childcu01,1899,,,,Cupid,Childs
kw0134stuff (SP and OF)
code:
berrayo01,1949,,,,Yogi,Berra
camparo01,1949,,,,Roy,Campanella
willike01,1923,,,,Ken,Williams
cobbty01,1917,,,,Ty,Cobb
ottme01,1943,,,,Mel,Ott
ottme01,1943,,,,Other,Ott
snidedu01,1949,,,,Duke,Snider
johnswa01,1920,,,,Walter,Johnson
cummica01,1874,,,,Candy,Cummings
johnswa01,1912,,,,Walter,Johnson
planked01,1911,,,,Eddie,Plank
clarkwa01,1927,,,,Watty,Clark
The Team
code:
VS RHP	
Pos.	Player
DH	Cupid Childs
2B	Eddie Collins
CF	Ty Cobb
RF	Mel Ott
1B	Keith Hernandez
C	Yogi Berra
LF	Ken Williams
SS	Joe Cronin
3B	Pie Traynor

VS LHP	
Pos.	Player
2B	Eddie Collins
CF	Ty Cobb
SS	Joe Cronin
RF	Mel Ott
C	Yogi Berra
1B	Lew Fonseca
LF	Ken Williams
3B	Pie Traynor
DH	Cupid Childs

BENCH / LIL SPOONS	
Pos.	Player
IF	Travis Cecil
IF	Lew Fonseca
CF	Duke Snider
RF	Mel Ott
C	Roy Campanella

STARTING ROTATION	
Pos.	Player
SP1	Walter Johnson (1920)
SP2	Candy Cummings
SP3	Walter Johnson (1912)
SP4	Eddie Plank
SP5	Watty Clark

BULLPEN	
Pos.	Player
CL	Craig Kimbrel
SU	Nick Vincent
SR	Nick Vincent
RP	Carson Smith
MR	Zach Britton
LR	Clayton Kershaw

Pander fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 26, 2017

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Harlock, tell me who you're bringing to the tag team and I'll put together the roster, bench pieces included.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

If we're taking Watty Clark, we should note his CVS is:
clarkwa02,1927,,,,Watty,Clark

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Send down Willie Kamm, activate Whitaker off the DL.

Edgar Martinez back to 3B starts, Alomar to SS, Gilliam to 2B.

Thanks.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

DL Pujols. Call up Giambi and have him take Pujol's spot in all lineups.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Not sure how I missed the injury report, but Bernie Williams in at CF in all lineups.

Clangbang
Jun 3, 2016

Bonus will take one prime 1998 Mariano Rivera, please.

Our bullpen now looks like this:

Closer - Rivera
Setup - Gregerson
Short 1 - Davis
Short 2 - Adams
Middle - Downing
Long - Ford

Send Bell to the minors. Let's move our "pitch through trouble" slider to an even 0 as well, please. Thank you!!

Forzeit and the Brookings Dinosaurs are up.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Super League XCOM2 will start tonight on my twitch stream.

If you want a dude to play dress up and fight ayys, let me know. So far we have:

Yoshida
Jampact
Mentholmoose
Monathin
Monicro
CBX
FairGame
Deadford
Yaya
Rabidsquid
Shepard
Pander (some engineer who'll just gently caress around on the ship)
ET (a recurring dark VIP that gets kidnapped and interrogated)

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

FairGame posted:

If you want a dude to play dress up and fight ayys, let me know. So far we have:

Yoshida
Jampact
Mentholmoose
Monathin
Monicro
CBX
FairGame
Deadford
Yaya
Rabidsquid
Shepard

Pashicus Volunteers.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
do me fairgame do me

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I am willing to die for the resistance.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I shall fight and I shall not die!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I'm completely in agreement. Deep down, I want this team to be put down just as much, but I'm not the kind of person that just up and quits on a team. If this team is to die, the league will have to kill it. And if the league is proving completely inadequate at that task, then the Macho Men will have to do it.

Make Ferrell the personal catcher for SP3 as well as SP4. Evidently, a 4/1 split isn't enough to keep Bresnahan from being sore, and given the way he's hitting, I'd prefer for him to not die.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

kw0134 posted:

If we're taking Watty Clark, we should note his CVS is:
clarkwa02,1927,,,,Watty,Clark

Fixed. He's a weird choice who seems to work. Lefty guy who's probably better than old altrock.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

DannoMack posted:

do me fairgame do me

phrasing

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

(I know im cutting thise one close, disregard if you see this after simming the week)

-Call up Tom Walker for Luis Tiant
-Platoon Mays with Griffey
-Swap Banks and Kuenn

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.
The Dinos will draft 1989 Rickey Henderson

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

FairGame posted:

Yoshida
Jampact
Mentholmoose
Monathin
Monicro
CBX
FairGame
Deadford
Yaya
Rabidsquid
Shepard

Zodiac5000 volunteers! His quest for immortality could involve killing aliens.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Are we almost at a new page yet? Might be wise to try and push it to the next one.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

There's a reason I posted about XCOM2 which has nothing at all to do with baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't remember if I ever finished XCOM2, but it's such a good game.