Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

tadashi posted:

Republicans have been working for years to destroy unions, end overtime pay, and gently caress over workers at every possible opportunities and you're worried about some boogiemen coming her to "take our jobs"?

Also, what jobs are the no skills workers taking that are so critical to the vitality of our economy?

the ones that were held by uneducated dudes in PA, MI, WI, etc. really hosed up our economy when we made them think Trump was a good option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The executive orders are pretty genius . Someone mentioned this yesterday

There is no thought to them being effective or "legal" . But trump is "doing something " and keeping his promises and daring congress to act . He's setting a legislative agenda basically in a strong way. This usually and historically had been done by you know sending draft legislation to congress.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Baloogan posted:

he started off like 115% good but yeah theres alot of insanity there.

I don't like your negativity.

There is only love and good there.

Serf
May 5, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

the funniest thing is that the people who were the most pro-trump before the election have also picked up a very "i am suddenly not interested in talking about politics" mood

i dont know anyone who voted for him who is actually happy with the progression of his presidency so far

no one i know wants to speak about it at all. suddenly we're all very tired of politics and everyone wants to talk about other things

posting in c-spam is about the only thing keeping my frothing insanity from spilling over into my daily life. this place is like therapy

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone else think Trump would have just as easily ran as a Democrat if they would have wooed him to do so 3-4 years ago?

He's just kind of graciously signing whatever policy lands on his desk right now, probably as a "thank you" to Republicans that landed him the job.

Wouldn't he have done the exact same thing for Democrats if they would have got him elected?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

normalization alert

https://twitter.com/THR/status/824572651452637186

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Serf posted:

no one i know wants to speak about it at all. suddenly we're all very tired of politics and everyone wants to talk about other things

posting in c-spam is about the only thing keeping my frothing insanity from spilling over into my daily life. this place is like therapy

Yeah even my Fox News friends haven't talked about trump all week

My extended family though had a crying session on group chat last night

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Serf posted:

Posting in C-spam is the same response as a person diagnosed with a terminal cancer who reacts by learning anything and everything about the diagnosis and medicines they're on as if that knowledge gives them some control over their looming fate.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

Does anyone else think Trump would have just as easily ran as a Democrat if they would have wooed him to do so 3-4 years ago?

He's just kind of graciously signing whatever policy lands on his desk right now, probably as a "thank you" to Republicans that landed him the job.

Wouldn't he have done the exact same thing for Democrats if they would have got him elected?

No

His atrophying brain has been ruinously warped by right wing propaganda for over 25 years.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

EugeneJ posted:

trump seems way too grandpa racist for that to work in my head.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Serf posted:

i'm legit annoyed at the amount of "can we stop talking about politics" happening on my personal facebook. sorry things are so bad you can't ignore the world around you???

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

There is no thought to them being effective or "legal" . But trump is "doing something " and keeping his promises and daring congress to act . He's setting a legislative agenda basically in a strong way. This usually and historically had been done by you know sending draft legislation to congress.

youve thought it through more than trump or bannon or the kush have

they literally do not know how govt works and are just wingin it

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

Shitpostin' and full time twitter trolling

Yeah, but I just like yelling at people.

Princeps32 posted:

i'm legit annoyed at the amount of "can we stop talking about politics" happening on my personal facebook. sorry things are so bad you can't ignore the world around you???

The Falcons going to the Super Bowl might be a helpful distraction in my part of the country because it will hopefully give us a respite from FB politics so that we can come back to it when poo poo is really hitting the fan.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Princeps32 posted:

i will never stop posting and never stop talking about politics. people are like "just stop watching tv and reading the news and do other things" like burying your head in the sand and ignoring it will make it go away

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

yeah

bowel

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

euphronius posted:

I saw this exact sentiment in a Facebook comment from a friend of a friend who was complaining about Trump and all of his executive orders. The guy basically said that it's a breath of fresh air that a president is getting to work so quickly getting stuff done and that we haven't seen anything yet. It's... disturbing... to say the least.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Squizzle posted:

bannon knows how government works, he's out to subvert and confuse it with the end goal of causing the collapse of the entire federal state

trump might be incompetence but bannon is 100% malice

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
guys I remember back in 2012 on D&D when we were going about how Trump talking about running was a joke and how he wants to be president in the same way we want a beer

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I'm pleasantly surprised at the level of horror/pushback I'm seeing from the media and official institutions like NASA and the EPA. It would help a lot if more elected officials did the same.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

deathbysnusnu posted:

Posting in C-spam is the same response as a person diagnosed with a terminal cancer who reacts by learning anything and everything about the diagnosis and medicines they're on as if that knowledge gives them some control over their looming fate.

that doesnt seem nearly as relentlessly funny

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

bannon knows how government works, he's out to subvert and confuse it with the end goal of causing the collapse of the entire federal state

trump might be incompetence but bannon is 100% malice

i think he knows politics but notnecessarily how the business of govt is conducted on a day to day basis or the limits of presidential power beyond an 8th grade civics understanding

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Squizzle posted:

signing EOs without any administrative oversight is the government equivalent to "WE'RE DOIN IT LIVE"

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Feminasty Slut posted:

trump seems way too grandpa racist for that to work in my head.

What was the tipping point for him to change from Democrat to Republican, though? He was gushing about the benefits of single-payer health care not that long ago.

Did he lose a lot of money through Goldman-Sachs or something? Was his run purely done to gently caress over Jeb, and then he got carried away with it?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Good Trump love here.

He loves all of us.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Squizzle posted:

yeah

bowel

Conway's problem with Repubs talking about legitimate rape was that they were doing so in public, that woman is hollow inside.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
B-but these executive actions are easily reversible by the next president! I cry, as American society unravels for the next 3000 days.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Squizzle posted:

i think he knows politics but notnecessarily how the business of govt is conducted on a day to day basis or the limits of presidential power beyond an 8th grade civics understanding

generally a good way to think about it is that with a compliant congress, a president who's particularly focused on reforming the federal bureaucracy may be able to do so over the course of the 2 years before midterms

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

What was the tipping point for him to change from Democrat to Republican, though? He was gushing about the benefits of single-payer health care not that long ago.

Did he lose a lot of money through Goldman-Sachs or something? Was his run purely done to gently caress over Jeb, and then he got carried away with it?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

yeah I'd agree. conway is the face of the movement.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/824634248107884544

didnt lifezette get the first question at one of the pressers the other day

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

Was his run purely done to gently caress over Jeb, and then he got carried away with it?

I'm still convinced it was this, and also to gently caress over Obama.

Well, this and IF I AM PRESIDENT EVERYONE WILL HAVE TO BE NICE TO ME AND LOVE ME AND RESPECT ME FOREVER.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

Ability to garner views. Its why he ran with the Reform Party and ragequit when he didn't get the nomination. What blew him up politically was saying Obama wasn't a real president.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

EugeneJ posted:

I think he started reading too much infowars. (seriously) Obama Clowing him at the correspondents dinner or whatever made him hate dems for all time. Trump is petty and the answer is always too obvious to be true.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Typo posted:

guys I remember back in 2012 on D&D when we were going about how Trump talking about running was a joke and how he wants to be president in the same way we want a beer

I remember way way back in D&D when Trump was pretty popular because he was pro choice, anti gun and wanted to tax the rich.

E: oh yeah, and for single payer

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
infowars!

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

The ugly, twisted face that is gradually melting to reveal the snake ridden skull underneath.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Feminasty Slut posted:

I think he started reading too much infowars. (seriously)

Yeah, our national policy is being currently directed by the editorial desks of breitbart and infowars. I can't think of a more nightmarish scenario.

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015

EugeneJ posted:

the clintons

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mormonpartyboat posted:

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/824634248107884544

didnt lifezette get the first question at one of the pressers the other day

Yeah Maddow made a big deal about how the first three questions or something went to Lifezette and then to Christian Life News.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

by the way did anyone see spicer tweet out what might have been a password

• Locked thread