Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Was that the year he knocked the Celtics out of the playoffs? Or did they only push it to 7, I can't remember. I just remember the insane number ots in that series

That was the Brooklyn Nets and loss so humiliated them that they went out and traded all of their picks for KG and Pierce and what I'm trying to say is that a vomiting Nate Robinson literally destroyed an NBA team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Its JoJo's wold and we're just living in it

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, with his stand The Process

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 26, 2017

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Isaiah Canaan sees an opening and tweets that he should get more minutes

https://twitter.com/SiP03/status/824490976957857792

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

who could have seen the implosion of the bulls coming

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

R.D. Mangles posted:

3 alphas is 2 alphas too many

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, with his stand The Process

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/DwyaneWade/status/824496762631163904

lol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StTqXEQ2l-Y

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/824089224269955072
https://twitter.com/NickFriedell/status/824089490482405376
https://twitter.com/highkin/status/824396799251202049

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Malachi has basically stolen McLemore's token 10-12mpg duty. He's already more productive than McLemore because he isn't terrified of having to make decisions out there and has no issues with chucking up the ball. I'm starting to like the pick more because we could use our own Nick Young

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jan 26, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I'm starting to love Rondo more and more.

Rondo is like completely innocent in this bulls Mess(outside of being bad, and throwing a towel at a Assistant once) But he is just so gloriously blunt about how bad this Coach and Front Office are.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

I would trade Noel and okafor as well but lots of Sixers internet fans think matching any rfa offer for Noel is mandatory.

I don't think Okafor is worth anything right now. They might as well keep him and hope he hits the weights in the offseason or trains with some lateral quickness guru or something.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

"I'm Dr. John Paxson, this is Bulls Labs, and I'm tickled pink to announce our solution to the Alphas Problem."
"mee mee mee mee mee mee mee mee mee mee"
"As you know, once removed from the rotation, Alphas cannot be reinserted."
"hrmm. eep. hrrp. nrrp."
"This results in extra Alphas lying around underfoot, where they can be hazardous to your health."
"woooop!"
"Such problems disappear with our new Electric Alpha Sharpener. Show them, Gar!"

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

N: Bill Walton did an interview in the 3rd quarter of the Blazers-Lakers game while wearing a bandana.

V: That man should have a microphone on him at all times.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Dexo posted:

Rondo is like completely innocent in this bulls Mess(outside of being bad, and throwing a towel at a Assistant once) But he is just so gloriously blunt about how bad this Coach and Front Office are.

Yeah but even in his good years the Celtics offense looked smoother with Eddie House/Nate Rob/Starbury/Cassell in there than him.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Panzeh posted:

Yeah but even in his good years the Celtics offense looked smoother with Eddie House/Nate Rob/Starbury/Cassell in there than him.

This is so false

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Are the raptors ever going to win again?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

cravius posted:

This is so false

Yeah Also like I said not talking about his play

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Dexo posted:

The greatest crime this front office ever committed is making me question my hatred of Rajon Rondo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

I don't think Okafor is worth anything right now. They might as well keep him and hope he hits the weights in the offseason or trains with some lateral quickness guru or something.

I'd rather have a back up center that can play defense right now

:shrug:

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

cravius posted:

This is so false

I remember Kobe just sitting on the foul line playing zone with Rondo in there. It got so bad that Doc started House at one point.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

NotWearingPants posted:

Yeah, as a 21 year old with a 15 PER, shooting 57% from the field, that's worthless. He's in top-10 PER & WS/48 among qualifying guys aged 21 and younger, on a rookie contract, and is 6-11. But yeah, who would want that, better pay some other team to take him off your hands.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Apparently no other team wants that .

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

Yeah, as a 21 year old with a 15 PER, shooting 57% from the field, that's worthless. He's in top-10 PER & WS/48 among qualifying guys aged 21 and younger, on a rookie contract, and is 6-11. But yeah, who would want that, better pay some other team to take him off your hands.

It's the same thing as Kanter, if you only looked at WS/48 and PER you'd assume he'd be a borderline all-star but in reality OKC couldn't even put him on the floor at some key points in the playoffs because of his defense. Not to say Okafor can't learn or anything but yeah, the flaws are definitely glaring enough to kill his value at the moment

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

Apparently no other team wants that .

Do we know what Philly has been asking for? I haven't heard any real rumors of conversation about Okafor, but I have no idea what/if Colangelo has been shopping for.

Okafor definitely has some value. If he was a #11 pick or something the narrative on him would be very different. Your not going to get the top-pick value it took to get him but I promise you other teams will want someone who is in his 2nd year and already productive.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

It's the same thing as Kanter, if you only looked at WS/48 and PER you'd assume he'd be a borderline all-star but in reality OKC couldn't even put him on the floor at some key points in the playoffs because of his defense. Not to say Okafor can't learn or anything but yeah, the flaws are definitely glaring enough to kill his value at the moment

Kanter was worth some valuable players in a trade and then got a huge contract. Kanter was valued pretty highly.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

Kanter was worth some valuable players in a trade and then got a huge contract. Kanter was valued pretty highly.

Good thing I didn't mention Enes Kanter's trade value and only made a comparison as to why Okafor's not as rated as highly as you seem to think he should be

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

Do we know what Philly has been asking for? I haven't heard any real rumors of conversation about Okafor, but I have no idea what/if Colangelo has been shopping for.

Okafor definitely has some value. If he was a #11 pick or something the narrative on him would be very different. Your not going to get the top-pick value it took to get him but I promise you other teams will want someone who is in his 2nd year and already productive.

No and colangelo says he has not been shopping them but who knows.

He def has projectable size and talent .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kanter was way better than okafor when he was traded for ... a late first ? I don't exactly remember.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Hell I'd like him on my team still!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

Good thing I didn't mention Enes Kanter's trade value and only made a comparison as to why Okafor's not as rated as highly as you seem to think he should be

Trade Value = Value. Kanter was/is considered a guy worth value. If Okafor compares to him, he too is considered valuable. Transitive property of value.

euphronius posted:

No and colangelo says he has not been shopping them but who knows.

He def has projectable size and talent .

I think the 76ers either aren't in a rush to put pieces together(understandable) think Okafor might start fitting in better soon (also understandable, though a bit less so), just haven't decided who they want to keep, or are waiting for the trade deadline/end of the year to make moves.

If the 76ers really put him on the block I think you'll see offers come in. They won't have the same value as the top-5 pick they gave up for him, but I think you could get a promising wing or maybe a lightly-protected first for him pretty easily.

I sorta suspect you'll more likely get a player than a pick, but I think the 76ers need wing help bad so that is probably a good thing.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's not me, it's you guys
https://twitter.com/NickFriedell/status/824476608199294978

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

euphronius posted:

Kanter was way better than okafor when he was traded for ... a late first ? I don't exactly remember.

Reggie Jackson (who was considered a rising star) and a first. And a bunch of chaff. It was a pretty big trade.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

Trade Value = Value. Kanter was/is considered a guy worth value. If Okafor compares to him, he too is considered valuable. Transitive property of value.

Are you serious

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'll preface this by saying it is derived from gm speak

But your comment about not being in a rush is probably true. Colangelo said he didn't even think about doing anything until training camp when Embiid showed he may be healthy. By that time nerlens Noel had staged a public protest and went on sabbatical. Meanwhile colangelo has been hiring staff and scouts all through the year and may not have felt comfortable rushing a move.

They have also been very deliberate in giving everyone playing time and trying all the combinations . (The result of which demonstrated clearly that the Sixers need a 4 who can shoot to be even a little good ). Because of injuries this has taken a long time . Now we are so close to the trade deadline nothing will happen until then.

Moving to my opinion :

Okafor is not long for the team. He has talent and a future in the league no doubt. But his defense is woeful (except for being average at rim protection), his rebounding is like he's asleep, he has no outside shot, barely draws fouls, and only sometimes plays in the flow of the offense. He's a project.

I don't need a project at back up center.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don't think I'm reading it right but Utah got a protected 1st and a 2nd for kanter .

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

Are you serious

I have no idea what point your trying to make.

euphronius posted:

Moving to my opinion :

Okafor is not long for the team. He has talent and a future in the league no doubt. But his defense is woeful (except for being average at rim protection), his rebounding is like he's asleep, he has no outside shot, barely draws fouls, and only sometimes plays in the flow of the offense. He's a project.

I don't need a project at back up center.

I think this is probably right. I'm not arguing whether or not he's a good fit for the 76ers, I'm just arguing that the statement "Okafor is worthless" is pretty false. When they decide to move him, they'll find interest.

euphronius posted:

I don't think I'm reading it right but Utah got a protected 1st and a 2nd for kanter .

And OKC gave up a 1st and Reggie Jackson. Since we're talking about what other teams would give up for someone, I figured it'd make sense to look at what the buyer was asking for.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah
Those trade are hard to parse on basketball reference .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Carmelo quote of the night for last night: "I don't think I'm the only playmaker in the league."

Word is Avery Bradley is still a week away from returning and I fear the Celtics will struggle until then. Sucks being dependent on the rebounding of your 6'2" shooting guard but hey!

• Locked thread