Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, Dave has the WM card as:
Goldberg vs Lesnar
Reigns vs Undertaker
Jericho vs Owens
Orton vs Wyatt
HHH vs Rollins
Show vs Shaq
Charlotte vs Nia vs Bayley vs Sasha

With Cena/Joe and Shane/AJ as possible

Professor Funk posted:

This seems like the absolute worst direction they could go.

It's a wrestlemania wherein neither Cena nor Reigns have the title. Orton/Wyatt and Jericho/Owens are both potentially cool matches to main event WM. aside from wasting AJ Styles this is a better way to go than Roman Reigns Wins Again. I'd absolutely love Joe versus Cena, poo poo would be brutal.

It could be better but nowhere near the level of dogshit we got last year and successfully completes a few storylines in the process, while also creating a new one with Cena v. Joe.

I don't think this will happen, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Why would they run Golberg vs. Lesnar again?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gaz-L posted:

Goldberg vs Lesnar
Reigns vs Undertaker
Jericho vs Owens
Orton vs Wyatt
HHH vs Rollins
Show vs Shaq

that looks loving awful

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Bigass Moth posted:

So Lesnar can get his win back.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Bigass Moth posted:

Because Lesnar is going to get his win back. I'm not particularly excited about it, but I think it makes sense from a booking perspective.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

It's a wrestlemania wherein neither Cena nor Reigns have the title. Orton/Wyatt and Jericho/Owens are both potentially cool matches to main event WM. aside from wasting AJ Styles this is a better way to go than Roman Reigns Wins Again. I'd absolutely love Joe versus Cena, poo poo would be brutal.

It could be better but nowhere near the level of dogshit we got last year and successfully completes a few storylines in the process, while also creating a new one with Cena v. Joe.

I don't think this will happen, though.

Reigns will have the title and defend it against Undertaker. Jericho vs Owens will be for the US title

Some of the matchups are weird, which is nice, but I'm struggling to find one good match. Jericho / Owens will be okay, I guess.

Actually there'll probably be some tag team ladder match or some nonsense that won't be terrible

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Under the vegetable posted:

Dean sucks though.

Actually Dean is very good

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Reigns will have the title and defend it against Undertaker. Jericho vs Owens will be for the US title

Some of the matchups are weird, which is nice, but I'm struggling to find one good match. Jericho / Owens will be okay, I guess.

Actually there'll probably be some tag team ladder match or some nonsense that won't be terrible

A ton really does depend on Balor. If he's medically cleared, it could change the card pretty drastically.

If it's happening, Cena/Joe will loving rule, but I think it's crazy that AJ & Dean basically carried Smackdown through the brand split and aren't accounted for yet.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

A ton really does depend on Balor. If he's medically cleared, it could change the card completely.

If it's happening, Cena/Joe will loving rule, but I think it's crazy that AJ & Dean basically carried Smackdown through the brand split and aren't accounted for yet.

I assume Dean will defend in some multiple person nonsense. AJ probably could have a great match with ~2001 Shane McMahon, but I really have doubts about current day Shane (especially if its without a gimmick stipulation)

I mean Cena / Joe will have the standard "big" Cena match, where its just a bunch of finisher kickouts and if you love Samoa Joe you'll probably think its great because its him kicking out as opposed to Roman Reigns or whoever

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I bet Dean jobs to Corbin and the ladder match deal is cruiserweights

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Goldberg vs Lesnar
Reigns vs Undertaker
Jericho vs Owens
Orton vs Wyatt
HHH vs Rollins
Show vs Shaq

one smackdown match

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

I mean Cena / Joe will have the standard "big" Cena match, where its just a bunch of finisher kickouts and if you love Samoa Joe you'll probably think its great because its him kicking out as opposed to Roman Reigns or whoever

Samoa Joe is much better and cooler than Roman Reigns.

On the Reigns front, the more I think about it I really wouldn't mind a Reigns/Braun match at 'Mania. In fact it might be kinda fun and I hope they go that direction instead of Reigns/Taker. Given how much they've built up Braun the past year, I don't even think it needs a title. Now that Owens/Reigns is No DQ, just have BRAUN come in and destroy Reigns and cost him the match, and voila. This would also allow a natural setup for either Owens/Jericho for the belt, or Balor/Owens if Balor gets back.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Samoa Joseph is a god amongst men and I will be very excited as long as we are 110% certain he stays off Raw. And looks bigger and stronger than Roman.

The Bigger Dog: Joseph

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Samoa Joe is definitely good, but I just don't like big Cena matches since they fall into a pattern even when its with someone good (I much preferred Dean v AJ to Cena v AJ)

On the bright side, this has more or less cemented my decision to forego Wrestlemania and instead just go to the CMLL Anniversary Show & some NJPW show this year

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Under the vegetable posted:

Dean sucks though.

I'm just imagining as though the Smackdown announcer is saying it

DEEEEEEAAAAAN SUCKSTHOUGH!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Roman vs Braun is a such a tailor made match for the wrestle mania pre show.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Eh that's not the full card

I think the IC will be the blowoff between Miz and Dean
CWs will inherit the multi man ladder match
AA vs Usos

Cesaro and Sheamus vs a Raw Tag Team

Becky vs Mickie

Interbrand Women's tag match

Braun winning the battle royale

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Please don't forget the First Annual Clean and Bench Press Competition starring Roman Reigns and nobody else.

It's a 30 minute competition to show how big and strong and dog he is. I'm salivating just thinking about it myself.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

achillesforever6 posted:

AA vs Usos

Becky vs Mickie

Yeah, I was gonna say, for as much praise AJ/Dean were getting for carrying Smackdown, the Miz was there putting in work, too.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Braun should pretend to throw a tennis ball to Roman, and when Roman is distracted he can roll him up real fast.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Gaz-L posted:

Goldberg vs Lesnar
Reigns vs Undertaker
Jericho vs Owens
Orton vs Wyatt
HHH vs Rollins
Show vs Shaq

Im ok with this. No Ziggler.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I could see Renee and Dean vs. Maryse and Miz

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Venomous posted:

Actually Dean is very good

I mostly just like saying that he sucks. I feel like he used to be better, when he had a little more size. seems like his offense used to look more impactful, too. i cant fault a guy for wanting to work safe after the career he's had though

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

undertaker vs cena was the only match i think i potentially cared about outside of an angle match

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Dean Ambrose will win the Rumble and be involved in all the matches at Wrestlemania. He is the best.

Dean vs AJ Vs Cena
Dean vs Miz - IC title
Brawn vs Taker (Dean is guest ref)
Samoan Joe vs Rhyno (Dean is timekeeper)
Goldberg vs Lesnar (insert promo from Dean)
Multi woman Dean on a pole match
Ultimate posedown - Dean-o Bravo vs big show

End the show with Dean/Rene wedding.

Throw in a tag schmozz and Battle royal on the undercard (both featuring Dean) and you have a hell of a show.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Dean Ambrose will win the Rumble and be involved in all the matches at Wrestlemania. He is the best.

Dean vs AJ Vs Cena
Dean vs Miz - IC title
Brawn vs Taker (Dean is guest ref)
Samoan Joe vs Rhyno (Dean is timekeeper)
Goldberg vs Lesnar (insert promo from Dean)
Multi woman Dean on a pole match
Ultimate posedown - Dean-o Bravo vs big show

End the show with Dean/Rene wedding.

Throw in a tag schmozz and Battle royal on the undercard (both featuring Dean) and you have a hell of a show.

Unironically less ham fisted than last year in terms of getting one guy over at the expense of everyone else.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I would much rather see Reigns-Strowman than Taker-Reigns.

At least the former would be mercifully kept short so as to not expose Strowman. The latter will be way too long and is being shoehorned in to give Reigns a win over him before he retires.

I will say though that if Taker said this is it, I'm done after this, having Reigns turn by burying the Undertaker for good would be masterful.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I figured you guys would be more excited at the idea of Bray Wyatt as the champ at Wrestlemania

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

89 posted:

I figured you guys would be more excited at the idea of Bray Wyatt as the champ at Wrestlemania

AJ/Wyatt has no build whatsoever, Cena/Wyatt involves turning the run that ties Cena with Flair at 16 into a transitional reign, and at the end of the day....what's Orton's master plan? "I invaded your family, broke them apart & in the process brought you the only success you've ever had, the tag team and WWE titles....and now I'm taking them away!"? Congratulations Randy, you turned an incompetent swamp wizard into the Face of Fear That Runs The Place. That'll teach him.

That said if Bray retains and rejoins with Harper and/or Rowan to throw in Randy's face the fact that they used him as leverage to reach the mountaintop I'd be pretty happy with it.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The Randy / Wyatts storyline has been good but not good enough to make them rocketing into the main event seem natural. Especially if Cena and AJ and Dean and Miz and Ziggler are all shunted to the midcard over the course of two months. It's basically flipping that section of the card on its head.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

oldskool posted:

AJ/Wyatt has no build whatsoever, Cena/Wyatt involves turning the run that ties Cena with Flair at 16 into a transitional reign, and at the end of the day....what's Orton's master plan? "I invaded your family, broke them apart & in the process brought you the only success you've ever had, the tag team and WWE titles....and now I'm taking them away!"? Congratulations Randy, you turned an incompetent swamp wizard into the Face of Fear That Runs The Place. That'll teach him.

To be fair, Bray is probably gonna get a spot in the chamber. Orton too if he doesn't win the rumble.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

*randomly throws the belt on a guy in a six-man meaningless clusterfuck a month before the big show* ahh, thats the meaningful achievement i've been wanting for this guy

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Senerio posted:

To be fair, Bray is probably gonna get a spot in the chamber. Orton too if he doesn't win the rumble.

I totally forgot the Chamber was back between the Rumble and Mania. :woop: I love the concept of putting it there. One spot in the Wrestlemania main event for whoever survives the thirty-man rumble, and the only other way in is conquering five other guys in the Elimination Chamber. Really hypes how important the Mania main event is, that guys will go to such lengths to get in it.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

oldskool posted:

I totally forgot the Chamber was back between the Rumble and Mania. :woop: I love the concept of putting it there. One spot in the Wrestlemania main event for whoever survives the thirty-man rumble, and the only other way in is conquering five other guys in the Elimination Chamber. Really hypes how important the Mania main event is, that guys will go to such lengths to get in it.

or rather the co main. So you know Raw's main which goes on last is even more important!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

AA vs Usos

Becky vs Mickie

How many of those are going to be on the 14 hour pre-show, though?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

If you think about it, everything from the day after Wrestlemania is just the pre-show for the next Wrestlemania

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

If you think about it, everything is just the pre-show for death

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
It'll be cool for all the people who don't read the observer if Randy and Cena win at the Rumble, especially if the turn by Randy on Wyatt happens at the finish of the Rumble. I'm super cool with a build up, "Cena vs. Orton as business as usual," for two weeks, and then, bang, Wyatt's the champion at Elimination Chamber and things get real fuckin' weird with the fat dirty wizard going hog wild with the title until Mania.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Money on Orton https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/824953213820477442

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Also money is on Neville, Charlotte, Roman, and Cena winning their matches, however this is really early money and Styles is still -120 while Cena is at -140. Neville and Charlotte seem to be the only outright favorites to win