Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

Does it really take that long for a guild of raiders to clear the trash?

I've never done raiding on EQ.

The problem with clearing the trash is that someone else will be busy using this method to kill the dragons (and training you in the process) while you're trying to clear the trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

aparmenideanmonad posted:

The problem with clearing the trash is that someone else will be busy using this method to kill the dragons (and training you in the process) while you're trying to clear the trash.

No? You push somebody ahead to get first to engage, and then you clear the trash with everybody else?

I mean if clearing the trash takes like an hour so you don't have time to pull the boss, then yeah that wouldn't work, but that's why I was asking "does it really take that long?"

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

flurry drakes

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Anyone interested in swapping power leveling? 55 Shaman here.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
Clearing the trash is useless and a waste of time. Using this method most of the guilds probably have the dragon dead within 10-15minutes after they get FTE I'd imagine. Unless they are intentionally waiting to troll the other guilds.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

No? You push somebody ahead to get first to engage, and then you clear the trash with everybody else?

I mean if clearing the trash takes like an hour so you don't have time to pull the boss, then yeah that wouldn't work, but that's why I was asking "does it really take that long?"

If there's only one dragon up, sure. But yes, as has been mentioned, it takes way longer to clear (in some cases) even one flurry drake than it does to train and kill dragons.

Note, this happened on live to a lesser degree during velious which is why the dragons all ended up rooted in Luclin (though they could still be moved with BFGs).

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

aparmenideanmonad posted:

If there's only one dragon up, sure. But yes, as has been mentioned, it takes way longer to clear (in some cases) even one flurry drake than it does to train and kill dragons.

Note, this happened on live to a lesser degree during velious which is why the dragons all ended up rooted in Luclin (though they could still be moved with BFGs).

As has been mentioned? Why do you have to be a dick to such a simple question. All I asked was "does it really take that long?" and all you have to say is "yes killing flurry drakes takes very very long".

No, it wasn't mentioned. We brought up racing for FTE on the last page, and nobody said anything about how long it took to clear trash. Which is why I asked. Jesus.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Non-Rooted NToV, early on obviously. They got greedy. :D

Captured by fraps 0.2 alpha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFz-UdoLoZ8

I like to think that a few /q'd out in time.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Weekly reminder that if you want to raid in EverQuest, P99 is not the place for it. Variance? Foot-races? FTE?

Shaking My Head

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

As has been mentioned? Why do you have to be a dick to such a simple question. All I asked was "does it really take that long?" and all you have to say is "yes killing flurry drakes takes very very long".

No, it wasn't mentioned. We brought up racing for FTE on the last page, and nobody said anything about how long it took to clear trash. Which is why I asked. Jesus.

I'm not sure why you would interpret anything I said as being a dick, but the flurry drake and trash clearing time bit was mentioned before my previous post, hence why I said, in that post, that it had been mentioned.

My first post was highlighting why people started doing this in the first place on p99 - and it was because when multiple dragons were up, clearing trash was both suicidal and ultimately lost you dragons. Sorry if any of that was unclear.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Ran out of coffee this morning? All of that was literally mentioned on this page.

Raiding is dumb on this server anyways, so someone should PL some alts with me! I'm looking to level a ranger and rogue. As a Shaman, I can PL melee characters the best usually. Mages and Necros are good too. Basically I'm good at keeping you alive, haste, and nuking poo poo down past 50%. I can also loan out haste gear during sessions.

Speaking of haste gear. Why does it seem Silver Chitin Hand Wraps are so much cheaper than FBSS? I see the SCHW going for 2.5k and FBSS for 4k in EC lately. I'm picking up a pair of the hand wraps for each of my alts, but the pricing just doesn't make sense to me.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 26, 2017

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Jeez man. Was this screen captured off an N64?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Dustoph posted:

All of that was literally mentioned on this page.

Quote the post then :v: no, it was not.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Dustoph posted:

Speaking of haste gear. Why does it seem Silver Chitin Hand Wraps are so much cheaper than FBSS? I see the SCHW going for 2.5k and FBSS for 4k in EC lately. I'm picking up a pair of the hand wraps for each of my alts, but the pricing just doesn't make sense to me.

It all comes down to rarity basically but the slot also matters. Most people have better gloves than belt so the SCHW are slightly less desirable in that regard and they also drop a lot. FBSS has been out forever but the drop rate is trash and most people rather use their belt slot for haste.

Similar reason Shroud of the Dar Brood is one of the most desirable haste items in the game, aside from the 34% haste it can be a back slot or chest slot haste item.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Quote the post then :v: no, it was not.

100% Dundee posted:

Clearing the trash is useless and a waste of time. Using this method most of the guilds probably have the dragon dead within 10-15minutes after they get FTE I'd imagine. Unless they are intentionally waiting to troll the other guilds.

But your probably right. The nicest and most helpful dude in this thread is a dick.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

moolchaba posted:

Look at the upload date and quality. Video and capture has really come a loooooong way in 10 years.

I wonder what the earliest captured EQ video was..... it would be like the Zapruder film of MMORPGs.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Dustoph posted:

But your probably right. The nicest and most helpful dude in this thread is a dick.

How does 'flurry drakes' answer the question 'does killing flurry drakes really take that long' ? :v: I already admitted I haven't raided. I'm not 60, I don't know how bad those are.

And both of those posts were made after I asked the question, and after I made the post you quoted and replied to. Saying "it was already explained" when it was only even addressed after I asked is bullshit.

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

How does 'flurry drakes' answer the question 'does killing flurry drakes really take that long' ? :v: I already admitted I haven't raided. I'm not 60, I don't know how bad those are.

And both of those posts were made after I asked the question, and after I made the post you quoted and replied to. Saying "it was already explained" when it was only even addressed after I asked is bullshit.

Yea but just realize you called the guy who's been around for years and is known as extremely level-headed and nice both ingame and on forums a dick. just relax and forget about it

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

flurry is an extra round of attacks per proc i think and they proc it alot. this kills the tank.

insulated staircase fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 27, 2017

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

insulated staircase posted:

flurry is an extra round of attacks per proc i think and they proc it alot. this kills the tank.
I believe flurry is actually up to 4 extra attacks, so very worst case, a mob that can usually quad (4 hits) can fire off 8 hits in one round, which is brutal.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Both of those posts were prior to aparmenideanmonad saying 'as has been mentioned' (because they were mentioned before his post), which is what you tripped out on.

Sorry random people on Something Awful Dot Com aren't spoon feeding you info the exact way you want it. Maybe ask your parents.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 28, 2017

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Heya, what's the goon population looking like now? I played some EQ1 and recently tried the shards of dalaya private, but it's pretty dead.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
I think there are a decent amount of us still playing but spread out among various guilds. I believe the goon guild usually has a handful of people in it, but someone actually in the guild could answer that better.

Too bad we can't have chat channels that we could create in game. A goon one would be awesome.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Guild's been relatively active lately with 3-6 players spread out between levels 10-60 most of the time.

At this stage of the timeline, there's a lot of content you can conquer with half a group of people.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah I mainly solo anyway with monk or ranger, probably ranger this time around if there's mercs.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
P99 stops at Velious, there are no mercs.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Aw, true solo ranger was always kind of a chore... then again, maybe something grindy wouldn't be bad.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

please knock Mom! posted:

Yeah I mainly solo anyway with monk or ranger, probably ranger this time around if there's mercs.

Post your name and we'll get you an invite sometime or do / all "unknown guild".

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm on a new install so I'll get around to that... sometime.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pilsner posted:

Look at the upload date and quality. Video and capture has really come a loooooong way in 10 years.

I wonder what the earliest captured EQ video was..... it would be like the Zapruder film of MMORPGs.

http://www.notaddicted.com/fansythefamous.php

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Aw, true solo ranger was always kind of a chore... then again, maybe something grindy wouldn't be bad.
Uh, have you read up on what P1999 is about? It's a Classic to Velious emu server. No mercs, and soloing a monk or ranger is a huge chore, not just kind of. :P

Ah yes the unfunny Fansy on the terrible SZ server. I don't see any video there?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Then again, either class could duo effectively with a necro or shaman, and people have soloed to 60 in the past. If you're interested in playing EQ, post in the thread and one of us can hook you up with banded/cured silk/whatever without much effort.

Longshot, but does anyone have GM alchemy? I know EJ ports are easy to get now, but I have mats for 2x Potions of the Bonefield I'd like on my warrior.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Pilsner posted:

Uh, have you read up on what P1999 is about? It's a Classic to Velious emu server. No mercs, and soloing a monk or ranger is a huge chore, not just kind of. :P

Yeah I was drunk when I posted that and had the EQ1 wiki open to freshen my memory a bit. Will def beg for handouts when I get it setup though, and I have a duo buddy so I don't have to go druid/shaman/mage/SK

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

moolchaba posted:

Who the gently caress chooses the music for these eq videos? I wish I could just hear the god drat game audio instead of some obscure metallica cover band playing enter sandman wtf

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Secular Humanist posted:

Who the gently caress chooses the music for these eq videos? I wish I could just hear the god drat game audio instead of some obscure metallica cover band playing enter sandman wtf
Welcome to YouTube anno 2006. Par for the course.

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Secular Humanist posted:

A fine musical tradition that was kept alive by ten million awful crit videos in WoW

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
Anyone have some mid-range paladin gear for sale? Rerolling from Bard to Paladin, got a ton of mystical koada'dal pieces for sale if anyone is interested.

Also looking for a guild tagging in EC tunnel.

Athropos fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 31, 2017

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Athropos posted:

Anyone have some mid-range paladin gear for sale? Rerolling from Bard to Paladin, got a ton of mystical koada'dal pieces for sale if anyone is interested.

Also looking for a guild tagging in EC tunnel.

What race did you pick?

I've got that fancy Erudite only Paladin shield sitting in a bank somewhere.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I've got a Messenger of the Queen you can have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

Dirt posted:

What race did you pick?

I've got that fancy Erudite only Paladin shield sitting in a bank somewhere.

I picked high elf. I couldnt stand being a dwarf even if they objectively have the best stats and human's night vision kind of put me off.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I've got a Messenger of the Queen you can have.

I grabbed an arbitor's combine greatsword on the cheap, thanks though, pass it on to an untwinked newbie :)

Edit: Currently looking for a 1 hander, sarnak battle shield, skull shaped barbute, some legs (Leg of Ro or something) and 2 earrings like orc fang earrings.

Athropos fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 31, 2017