Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just got to chapter 2. So far I am loving Land Shark Simulator 1988.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Unlucky7 posted:

...When you get to Majima, go to the Karaoke bar and play Rouge of Love. Just do it.

:byodood: ERRYBODY SAY ROUGE OF LOVE :byodood:

I want a Yakuza kareoke-spin off where you can sing only as Majima and Saejima. With duets.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I just finished chapter 1, when can I wander around town and play Virtua Fighter 2?

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

The beginning of Chapter 2 is precisely when everything opens up, including the arcades.

It's 1988 though so there's no Virtua Fighter. You initially get Outrun and Space Harrier and crane games.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

psychoJ posted:

I want a Yakuza kareoke-spin off where you can sing only as Majima and Saejima. With duets.

I was doing pretty well at Majimas song until it cut to fantasy land, then I pretty much burst out laughing.

I was doing the phone sex mini game the other day asking girls if they are drag Queens or that they have fungal toenails always goes down well.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I stopped when I got to Majima last night so can't comment on him yet. But for Kiryu, I'm diggin' Rush more than I thought. I absolutely creamed Kuze and Oda with it. Feels like Hajime no Ippo's DEMPSEY ROLL.
I really wanted to use Rush on the first boss but it felt like my fists were pillows. Then I tried brawl and easily defeated him by button mashing and never blocking or dodging thanks to more hitstun and free counters every time I got hit.

I want to like rush but it feels really bad.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Rush really helps building heat, especially on Mr.Shakedown with minimal risk, so you can cream them with a better style.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sindai posted:

I really wanted to use Rush on the first boss but it felt like my fists were pillows. Then I tried brawl and easily defeated him by button mashing and never blocking or dodging thanks to more hitstun and free counters every time I got hit.

I want to like rush but it feels really bad.

I used both stances to beat him. In Rush mode it's definitely possible to never get hit and follow up every successful dodge with a 2-4 hit combo. I would assume once you start unlocking that tree Rush is kinda like the Akiyama moveset where you can just blaze through punks.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

precision posted:

I used both stances to beat him. In Rush mode it's definitely possible to never get hit and follow up every successful dodge with a 2-4 hit combo. I would assume once you start unlocking that tree Rush is kinda like the Akiyama moveset where you can just blaze through punks.

Literally what I did, I was spinning circles around them. You just have to back up when they flash for their counter hits.

Also didn't notice until just now but the DS4's light bar flashes when enemies spot you.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Oh man, just beat chapter 6. That was one hell of a scene at the end.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Stopped faffing about in chapter 2 and went on to Majima's section, what a great start.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

"Sorry we're awfully busy at the moment,but I can take you for 10.000 Yen instead of 470."

*Sits in empty cab running the lights*

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Jesus loving poo poo the Kamoji training is retarded. I'd like to be able to see when the dude is throwing punches so why the hell is the camera directly behind me and everybody else blocking sight of all his windups.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
The guest stars and the amount of detail they've done to get their characters look like their real life counterparts is one of the crowning achievements of this game.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
beat 5.

jesus christ the Aizawa fight was the coolest thing. that entire end sequence from the four meeting up to the last scene was pretty great. I've never seen a game series just exude "cool" like this one does.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
I want to like the Rush fighting style but not being able to grab people and do rad finishers unless they've fallen kinda sucks. Can you do them while they're stunned? Beast you at least get the awesome suplex.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

titanium posted:

I want to like the Rush fighting style but not being able to grab people and do rad finishers unless they've fallen kinda sucks. Can you do them while they're stunned? Beast you at least get the awesome suplex.

Yeah, with Rush your big default non-upgrade Heat attack involves stunning them but NOT knocking them over. If you do this you can triangle in order to knock the one you stunned into two other enemies.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
for rush style is there any point to the charged triangle attack aside from looking cool? it takes forever to charge and once Kiryu is done he spends about 5 seconds regaining his composure, which is more than enough time to get my poo poo kicked in

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Adaptabullshit posted:

The guest stars and the amount of detail they've done to get their characters look like their real life counterparts is one of the crowning achievements of this game.

Yeah the first time I saw the three lieutenants and the long closeups on their faces, I thought "I'm clearly supposed to recognize these guys." I mean I don't, but this picture proves it. These are famous Japanese actors I assume?

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah the first time I saw the three lieutenants and the long closeups on their faces, I thought "I'm clearly supposed to recognize these guys." I mean I don't, but this picture proves it. These are famous Japanese actors I assume?

Yep, all three are famous actors and have done roles in Yakuza films in the past.

From left-to-right: Hideo Nakano (Outrage -series, directed by Kitano), Riki Takeuchi (A Million V-Cinema Yakuza films, Takashi Miike's Dead or Alive films) and Hitoshi Ozawa (same as Takeuchi)

Riki Takeuchi also gave us this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txcVMXzRNoQ

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlestonJew posted:

for rush style is there any point to the charged triangle attack aside from looking cool? it takes forever to charge and once Kiryu is done he spends about 5 seconds regaining his composure, which is more than enough time to get my poo poo kicked in

You actually don't have to charge it as long as you think you do. I'm not sure if it does less damage or what but you can just let go of Triangle early. I think it's only meant to be used on the last guy in a group though, because yeah if there's more than one guy around you'll get smacked.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Adaptabullshit posted:

Yeah the face capture rules. The three lieutenants have such good gnarled faces that are so great at making them cool and intimidating

ty to those actors. Like Beat Takeshi is in 6 so I'm glad this continues

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Moltrey posted:

Beat Takeshi is in 6

WHAT :stare:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Rise To His Challenge

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I enjoy that Kiryu became the fighting legend he is by seeing other people do sweet moves and going "THAT'S RAD!"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Detective No. 27 posted:

I enjoy that Kiryu became the fighting legend he is by seeing other people do sweet moves and going "THAT'S RAD!"

Yakuza 0 features the precise moment Majima realized knives were loving sweet.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I always imagined that he has a grudge against knives and mastering them appeases his eye.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Katsuraptor/status/824463487539773442

:allears:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Hot drat this game is good, fun going down every street and seeing what's going on.

Random question, does this Sea Bream fish I caught that says it brings good luck in the description do something?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Heavy Metal posted:

Hot drat this game is good, fun going down every street and seeing what's going on.

Random question, does this Sea Bream fish I caught that says it brings good luck in the description do something?

You can give fish to the guy at Sushi Gen to cook

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Can you miss out on substories if you blow through the chapters or are they all available whenever (as long as you're far enough into the game to unlock a given substory)?

Edit: loving autocorrect

VVVVV - ok, awesome.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 26, 2017

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

Can you miss out on substories if you blow through the chapters or are they all available whenever (as long as you're far enough into the game to unlock a gown substory)?

The games have had fewer and fewer missable substories over of the course of the series. 5 only had a couple and I'm pretty sure 0 doesn't have any.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Okay, that big fish on the pier sure is something....

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

ImpAtom posted:

You can give fish to the guy at Sushi Gen to cook

Righteous, thanks. Befriended that guy earlier too. This game is magical

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm glad that Zero has smaller crowds of civilians that are much more interesting to watch. 5 was just so goddamn crowded, especially Haruka/Akiyama's city.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I just did the Miracle Johnson substory and he is amazing. I chose the black box -- what is in the white?

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
this is the funniest thing I've witnessed for a while, the S&M side quest made me howl with laughter

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

StarkRavingMad posted:

I just did the Miracle Johnson substory and he is amazing. I chose the black box -- what is in the white?

a baseball shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
So do you get to switch freely between characters a little ways in or is it only at the very end of the game like 5?