Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Gobias Ind. posted:

Vince Carter is 40 today.

I feel old.

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/824670772241141762

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gobias Ind. posted:

Vince Carter is 40 today.

I feel old.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/824436459356639232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

He did this yesterday.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Carmelo discovering his actual basketball value must be a bit depressing.

https://twitter.com/TheVertical/status/824671371741560833

If I were the Celtics, I would unironically try to trade for Melo.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jyoxodm

Something like this.

Though if the Knicks ask for any of the Brooklyn picks I'd hang up laughing.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The banana boat crew is having a real tough time :(

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/824674123771105280

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

If I were the Celtics, I would unironically try to trade for Melo.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jyoxodm

Something like this.

Though if the Knicks ask for any of the Brooklyn picks I'd hang up laughing.

Yep I wouldn't mind the Celtics adding Melo if the asking price was reasonable

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/status/824666563953459200

Fire Thibs

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's not thibs fault the 8 seed is so bad that even the wolves can realistically still make it

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lame

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Spacebump, my man. Call up Cubes! Let's make this happen!

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zvhl47l

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Boooo. I guess winning back-to-back means you can do what you want but still. Boooo.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cousins: Still pretty cool
http://streamable.com/zyv36

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Panzeh posted:

I remember Kobe just sitting on the foul line playing zone with Rondo in there. It got so bad that Doc started House at one point.

Prime Rondo was one of the greatest playmakers I've ever seen and it's a shame that his declining play is gonna wash that all away.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

cravius posted:

Prime Rondo was one of the greatest playmakers I've ever seen and it's a shame that his declining play is gonna wash that all away.

Both statements have truth to them. He did a great job of feeding those guys, but during the Finals against the Lakers I absolutely remember him just kind of hiding himself along the baseline where no one would pay attention to him for noticeable stretches of the game.

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 26, 2017

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Went to the celtics game yesterday with my old man. Sat way up in the last row of the balcony, but we had a great view from the center. Watching Thomas rip the Rockets apart in the 4th quarter was pretty awesome.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

This is a good piece that talks a lot about the Kings and Boogie

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/presents2/is-demarcus-cousins-sacramento-kings-real-problem

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Wow.

quote:

At the lowest moments over the past year, there have been fleeting thoughts among partners of an audit, as a means of exposing Ranadive’s poor stewardship of the franchise’s basketball operations. But nothing serious has been considered. According to sources with knowledge of the owners’ thinking, though, resignation reigns; the way the ownership is structured, Ranadive is King of the Kings. Only a breach of fiduciary responsibility, or instances of gross incompetence, could force meaningful change. So long as the franchise resides solidly in the black, that’s unlikely to happen.

quote:

The top brass could scarcely be less united. Disarray is the order of the day. One Kings source says that in 2015 there were as many as five owners in the draft room, one of whom was trying to make a side deal for a second-round pick.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Randive may buy those owners out .

Which admittedly solves nothing .

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I didn't know until someone pointed it out to me, it's crazy that Lebron is leading the league in minutes per game. You'd figure he'd be relaxing and taking on less after winning the trophy and how easily they destroyed the East the past 2 years. Or at least the Cavs have a better record if Lebron is playing that much.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Carmelo discovering his actual basketball value must be a bit depressing.

https://twitter.com/TheVertical/status/824671371741560833

i wonder what i can get for melo in my fantasy league

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

Randive may buy those owners out .

Which admittedly solves nothing .

quote:

Divac, sources say, had been contemplating candidates such as Nate McMillan, Jeff Hornacek, Vinny Del Negro, Mark Jackson and Patrick Ewing to take over head-coaching duties. Ranadive, however, was told by league confidants that Joerger’s relationship with the Grizzlies was on the rocks. Though it proved unnecessary once the Grizzlies let the coach walk, the Kings owner was prepared to offer cash compensation and a draft pick for Joerger, despite the fact that neither Ranadive nor Divac had met Joerger personally.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Are the cavs done forever? Did they just lose the 2016 NBA finals 1-4?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bip Roberts posted:

Are the cavs done forever? Did they just lose the 2016 NBA finals 1-4?

The 4th best record in the league, so yes they are done forever.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The last two years in a row people posted about how the Cavalier's were not a serious team around this time of year and they went to the Finals twice and beat Golden State, the team with the best regular season record and only unanimous MVP, after being down 1-3.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Lockback posted:

The last two years in a row people posted about how the Cavalier's were not a serious team around this time of year and they went to the Finals twice and beat Golden State, the team with the best regular season record and only unanimous MVP, after being down 1-3.

Just like with the Spurs, one year it will be true.

Hopefully. Maybe. Wait who is this Kawaii guy? Great his name is Kawhi and apparently he is perfect on D and can suddenly shoot. Wait, are you kidding me, Pop didn't retire with Duncan?

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Tae posted:

I didn't know until someone pointed it out to me, it's crazy that Lebron is leading the league in minutes per game.

League leaders don't play nearly as much as they did in the past.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Dear God, please make Melo to the Clippers for Jamal, Brice Johnson, and a 1st round pick a thing

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

Dear God, please make Melo to the Clippers for Jamal, Brice Johnson, and a 1st round pick a thing

The Clippers would have to include 6.3 million more dollars in salary going back to the Knicks.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

The Clippers would have to include 6.3 million more dollars in salary going back to the Knicks.
That's easy...Wes Johnson, Alan Anderson, Diamond Stone, are all NBA players that do not play for this NBA team.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Also lmao, not that Blake would be included in the trade, but the Knicks trading for Rose actually precludes them from trading for Blake this season.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

dokmo posted:

Iverson lead the league in minutes 7/11 years with 3 other times being Michael Finley

Rad

Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

I'm not sure how to find a clip of it, but Bill Walton sat in with Doris Burke during the Lakers/Blazers game yesterday and it was amazing. At one point they taped his mouth shut because he was talking non-stop.

Also:

straight up brolic posted:

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

dokmo posted:

Big fan of the penis chart

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

drat!!!

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
I'm at the point where I'm thinking getting Austin Rivers(!!!) and trash for Melo would be a fortunate haul.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Melo for a Clippers 1st, and a bunch of assorted garbage would a cool and good deal

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
After Pierce retires, will the Celtics retire all 3 of the 08 big three jerseys or disrespect Ray Allen because he left after they tried to trade him non stop for a few years?

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

dokmo posted:

Heh, hey man, why do you have a tattoo on your dick that says An? Is that your girl?

*man smiles, dick becomes erect*

Oh, haha, your dick says Allen Iverson. Great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

NotWearingPants posted:

But you are misquoting and mischaracterizing what I said. I said he isn't worth anything right now and suggested that they should keep him because he might have more value if he can address some of his deficiencies.

He also just turned 21 and is on a rookie deal for another 3 years after this season. The way Jojo plays, he is going to miss games so there will be opportunities to showcase Okafor. I don't think the return the Sixers would get for him now is worth missing out on the chance that they could get a lot more for him in the future.

I agree that I don't want him as a backup center, especially when it means Richaun Holmes is relegated to the bench because I think Holmes is a great fit for the Sixers/Embiid despite his new haircut.

The rumor last season was that Ainge offered the Nets pick for Okafor but was turned down. If Boston truly wants Okafor, it might be possible to package him plus one of the Sixers other picks to move up for the Nets pick. Or something like that.

• Locked thread