Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Parrotine posted:

Who's the goon that talked about pairing a Passimian with Shedinja? Come over here and let me love on ya man, that poo poo is hilariously entertaining, I feel like I'm performing a pokemon version of that Black Bush skit from Chappelle's Show.

'If you don't like what I'm doing with my Passimian, you should sanction me with your team

OH WAIT A MINUTE, you don't HAVE a team! Nothing works cause of Wonder Guard! I guess that means you need to shut the gently caress UP' :3:

Bulbapedia says receiver doesn't work with wonder guard. Are they wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Parrotine posted:

Who's the goon that talked about pairing a Passimian with Shedinja? Come over here and let me love on ya man, that poo poo is hilariously entertaining, I feel like I'm performing a pokemon version of that Black Bush skit from Chappelle's Show.

'If you don't like what I'm doing with my Passimian, you should sanction me with your team

OH WAIT A MINUTE, you don't HAVE a team! Nothing works cause of Wonder Guard! I guess that means you need to shut the gently caress UP' :3:

I'm confused. Bulbapedia claims Receiver can't copy Wonder Guard. Even if it can, opponent can use a Psychic or Flying or Fairy move.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Parrotine posted:

:confused: Receiver doesn't work with Wonder Guard.

Also, better stop hacking, because people are starting to get banned for that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey can someone tell me what this things name is :v:? I got it via wonder trade and now I'm curious

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Kapu Tetefu

aka Tapu Lele's japanese name.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Kapu-Tetefu

e;f,b

For future reference you can find the anglicized names at the top of a Pokemon's Bulbapedia page.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Senerio posted:

Kapu Tetefu

aka Tapu Lele's japanese name.

Oh well, that solves that then.

My bad :downs:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

My Tapu Lele is named No Cutsies

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so has anyone heard about all those players getting banned for using save editors?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Hammerite posted:

I'm confused. Bulbapedia claims Receiver can't copy Wonder Guard. Even if it can, opponent can use a Psychic or Flying or Fairy move.

Yeah I kinda glitched it :blush:

EDIT: If you can't legit pass on Wonder Guard then what are the best abilities to pass on to it?

White Light fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 26, 2017

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

TFRazorsaw posted:

so has anyone heard about all those players getting banned for using save editors?

How would hey catch that? I have never used a save editor, but I have Pokémon that I suspect are hacked that I got through wondertrade. (Like a shiny entei in a master ball).

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Ogmius815 posted:

How would hey catch that? I have never used a save editor, but I have Pokémon that I suspect are hacked that I got through wondertrade. (Like a shiny entei in a master ball).

Generally anything that can cause a discrepancy between your Global Link uploaded save and the one you upload the next time you use Global Link. Changing your trainer ID/sex/name, having items that there are no way to actually get at all in the current games like event-only items/certain megastones, adding BP without some logical event giving it to you (apparently), having shiny entries of shiny-locked pokemon in your pokedex (also apparently. possibly other pokedex edits), etc.

I doubt they'd ban you for the Entei since they would have a log of the trade and know you weren't the one that generated it.

Don't know if they were checking for this kind of stuff before a certain date though. I haven't been banned for accidentally activating the Megearna event while resetting my event Munchlax's level back to 5 long before it was actually possible in the US.

It's just a Global Link ID ban as well. You can unban it either by starting a new game, or setting your Global Link ID to a blank one with further save editing to unban yourself. As well the ban only applies to Game Sync, global missions, rating battles, etc.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
I still can't quite figure out how to get Zygarde's other forms asides rom his default snake form from X/Y. I found a bunch of the cells from all the islands (to the point where I'm not immediately finding any others while running around, though I can't imagine I got all 100 yet) but the Aether labs only gave me the regular Zygarde, I want to figure out how to get the dog and mecha forms too.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

LemonLimeTime posted:

I still can't quite figure out how to get Zygarde's other forms asides rom his default snake form from X/Y. I found a bunch of the cells from all the islands (to the point where I'm not immediately finding any others while running around, though I can't imagine I got all 100 yet) but the Aether labs only gave me the regular Zygarde, I want to figure out how to get the dog and mecha forms too.

If you have more than 9 but less than 50 cells in the Zygarde Cube it will generate dog/10%. If you have 50 or more (but not 100) it will generate slug/50%. If you have 100 cells it will generate a Zygarde with the Power Construct ability. This can change between the 10% and 50% formes by using the Cube on it. It will only change to 100% if it's ability triggers in battle (it's not a permanent form).

Keep in mind that a Zygarde with Power Construct can no longer be broken down into cells. So be sure to save before constructing one if you care about IVs (like gift Pokemon it works with Synchronize Pokemon for a guaranteed nature).

Edit: Using the Cube will also tell you how much cells you currently have in the cube and how many you've collected in Sun/Moon. That's useful if you've obtained Zygardes by trading.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 26, 2017

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
What does "fantastic" mean on the EV judge, like 30? I mean it looks like it's full but that's "best" right?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah it's 30.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Dabir posted:

Yeah it's 30.

Good enough thanks

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
What's the new best Battle Tree Team post poke bank.

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Question for those who've ported over Gen 1 mon: If you take them to the move reminder in SuMo, does it give them access to their current level up moves or only moves they would have learned in their game of origin?

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Whew, finally got my ~~alternate starter~~ (a shiny Whismur with Fire, Thunder, and Ice Punch) and some other favorite 'mons all fully trained. I forgot how much of a pain it is when keeping them as low-level as possible is necessary :v:

Time to finally start Pokemon Moon! :toot: :bandwagon:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I finally got to the Battle Tree in Sun. I was trying to race there to pick up the fly-waypoint and accidentally hit drat near every trainer in the Poni Gauntlet. So, beat up and unhealed from that, with half my team fainted I press on. Without saving.
Blue: hey, you're gonna battle one of us now. :argh:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yes...MY REGIGIGI, COME TO ME!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Nth Doctor posted:

I finally got to the Battle Tree in Sun. I was trying to race there to pick up the fly-waypoint and accidentally hit drat near every trainer in the Poni Gauntlet. So, beat up and unhealed from that, with half my team fainted I press on. Without saving.
Blue: hey, you're gonna battle one of us now. :argh:

VINTAGE Blue

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Am I crazy or is there no Pokemon Duel thread? Or maybe it's still too broken for anyone to actually play long enough to discuss?

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
So I'm breeding a trick room team. Can I use a synch Abra to set the natures? I kind of need destiny knot and the power item to guarantee 5IVs one of which is zero speed.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Kiranamos posted:

Am I crazy or is there no Pokemon Duel thread? Or maybe it's still too broken for anyone to actually play long enough to discuss?

There isn't a thread yet. If it ever becomes playable then maybe people will want to talk about it, but right now 90% of time spent in the game is "connecting..." for me.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

A Magical Lamp posted:

So I'm breeding a trick room team. Can I use a synch Abra to set the natures? I kind of need destiny knot and the power item to guarantee 5IVs one of which is zero speed.
Not to my knowledge, but I think you'd have better luck using an Everstone and waiting for the IVs to line up right than waiting to roll the right nature.

edit: what are you trying to breed anyway? I should have a pretty good ferroseed buried in ORAS somewhere.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

A Magical Lamp posted:

Synchronise does not work for eggs.

Use the power item to guarantee zero speed, everstone to guarantee nature. Wait till you get 3 or 4 IVs and just accept that you'll need to hyper train for the rest.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Has anyone confirmed that the Mew Z crystal is/isn't available if you restart your file without picking it up at the Pokemon Center? It's stupid, I'll never use the drat thing other than once just to check out its animation, but god forbid I miss out on getting it.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
I don't have a perfect trick room Ditto so I'm not even sure what the odds of getting a zero speed IV randomly are, 1 in 25 for the nature would beat 1 in 31 for the IV roll though.

Edit: Hammerite has the answer.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Crawfish posted:

I didn't bother trying Battle Royal until now and good lord is it some bull poo poo.

My Max IV, Max EV Adamant Infernape using a Iron Fist boosted Thunder Punch could not even do 1/3rd of an opposing Vaporeon, which had no hold item that would affect it, had no ability holding it back, and having Infernape be the first move of the turn.

Like it has all the normal bullshit you'd expect from a battle facility, but i'm not sure how it's calculating things to so heavily gently caress me over like this case.

I bred an Alolan Muk with shadow sneak, minimize, gunk shot, and knock off. Gave it leftovers and it got me the Rattle Royal achievement all by itself. Minimize first 2-3 turns, gunk shot anything you can 1HKO, and a priority move to steal kills. If you don't lose a pokemon and knock out 1-2 you usually win the battle.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Hammerite posted:

Synchronise does not work for eggs.

Use the power item to guarantee zero speed, everstone to guarantee nature. Wait till you get 3 or 4 IVs and just accept that you'll need to hyper train for the rest.

Once you have a parent with 0 speed, getting a 4 IV + 0 speed baby is the same chance as getting a 5 IV baby, so I don't really see why the process would be any different?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

ShadeofBlue posted:

Once you have a parent with 0 speed, getting a 4 IV + 0 speed baby is the same chance as getting a 5 IV baby, so I don't really see why the process would be any different?

Yes, I suppose so. I guess now that Hyper Training is a thing I don't see the point of breeding for a full complement of IVs when you could just get 5 out of 6 and then fix up the last one later. Of course, you can't hyper train the zero, so in a way that's more important (but not that much more important if you're going to hatch a bunch of eggs anyway).

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

In fairness grinding to level 100 is kind of a pain in the rear end. Whether it's more or less of a pain in the rear end than the breeding is something you must decide for yourself. :v:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
This is actually the first generation where I've decided to go full on perfect breed mode. I did a bit in Gen 5 and thought I did a decent job. After transferring all of my "top stars" from gens 4 - 6 to Sun, I finally noticed how poo poo my guys really were. :(

At least their kids will proudly take take on the mantle of rear end-whoppers. Though iit sucks for the couple who had movesets based around tutored moves that can't be bred. (Choice Trick Magic Bounce Espeon :argh: )

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
Yeah I need to get used to hyper training being a thing. Doing everstone plus power item lets me go for shinies and shiny Dhelmise and Drampa are beautiful.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Are half the mega stones still not available? I want Mega Ampharos.....

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

Are half the mega stones still not available? I want Mega Ampharos.....

They're still in the game but I wouldn't expect them to be available until Pokemon: Whatever the Switch Version Is

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Parrotine posted:

Yeah I kinda glitched it :blush:

EDIT: If you can't legit pass on Wonder Guard then what are the best abilities to pass on to it?

Huge/Pure Power and Speed Boost are legal :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Could I get a quick primer on EV training in sumo? I bet it sucks now that there are no hoard battles. I have access to pokerus.