Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

Actually no, I don't give a poo poo about you. And I never did.

I care about those who, at some point in time, were misled (by people like you) into thinking that they were locked into this scam and without a prayer of getting their money back.

I care about an industry which has defined my career and livelihood, while allowing me to pursue my dreams of being a gamedev, not scamming gullible people out of their money.

I care about what will happen when this poo poo-show finally collapses and the far reaching implications that it will have on, not only crowd-funding, but also the ability to raise funds from investors and|or governments for game development.

More importantly, I care about the fact a company exec and his minions, declared war on me because, as a 30 year gamedev vet and someone who has built massive games, I dared question the development.

My motivations have always been crystal clear, unwavering and specific.

You, on the other hand are here fighting dissent because as a known Shillizen - and possible CIG employee/contractor - you have no choice.

- Like revoking keys, banning people for dissenting opinions and swindling those into buying ridiculous TACs for a game that was supposed to be released in 2012 (but running for the last mile in 2016)! Ok.
-They didn't declare war. You're fighting windmills because you're a nutjub. They refunded you because you are a ridiculous person to deal wtih and didn't want you to be in the community anymore. They're well in their right to do so.
-And on the employee/contractor point: LOL keep guessing. It's fun.

But I do know this: Deep down inside, you really do like me. I know you care for me, senpai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

ManofManyAliases posted:

CIG allowing refunds is not the same as being compelled to give a refund in a court of law. Keep trying.

belt a little tight? turning red? let it out a little. we dont judge.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I wonder if Derek will ever do a "Chris/escapist" rant?

July blog.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

CIG allowing refunds is not the same as being compelled to give a refund in a court of law. Keep trying.

The important thing here is that you can't get to court for being refused a refund if CIG keep using this clever "granting refunds" tactic. They'll never lose until someone figures out a way round this whole getting your money back loophole.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

oh-oh. over at CIG/F42, a dozen devs cried out in fear

http://www.develop-online.net/news/amazon-unveils-amazon-lumberyard-1-7-beta/0228846

remember back when I wrote that their use of Lumberyard in 2.6 was restricted to it's implementation of AWS/S3, hence the need to display the logo?

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/latest/releasenotes/lumberyard-v1.7.html

section: Updated AWS SDK

listing: Amazon S3

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/824676929064370176

Lol -edits a post to push a spin. Good job.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

You're fighting windmills because you're a nutjub.
-get a mirror moma.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

Wait, CiG is allowing refunds instead of throwing a tantrum until someone contacts the LA Attorney Generals Office? Lol.

"Were giving you 'Permission' to have your money back. Its not a right, but a privilege we extend to only the worst Leavers."

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
EXPECTED RESULT
I should have been able to walk out from elevator into Area 18.
Would be nice to have the HUD working and change anything.
Should not fall through map.
NPC should be sitting still.
Connect to server and try it for the first time after registering
Camera view should cycle (pressing F4) as ship is braking (pressing Alt+x).
I should have been able to progress to mission location
I would not expect light to come from the barrel of the guns.
Player should continue travelling forward without any rotational momentum
I expect the color of any scene to remain consistent barring any changes from light sources.
Should be able to equip and remove missile racks from Herald.
should sit in the cockpit with a body
Voice Prompt is Defeat
Should have been able to select Olisar or Crusader
Pushing to object away/continue walking
Should at least start with basic components equipped.
The radar sphere should always show as a center sphere and not be blown up all over the pilot cabin when in landing mode.
The UI should be easy to understand. Buttons and commands should be self explanatory so far as possible.
When I want to show that I'm ready I will be looking for a button that says "Ready". If that then changes to "Not Ready" that's fine, as long as I can see what it changes to.
Logging out should take me either to the menu or the launcher, without crashing the game.
Camera is in 1st person and the player is not invisible in the armor. I had to leave the server to fix this issue but it happened only once.
use the med pen and my health should of reverted back to max health with no damage

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

better yet buy another idris for chris sake.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

- Like revoking keys, banning people for dissenting opinions and swindling those into buying ridiculous TACs for a game that was supposed to be released in 2012 (but running for the last mile in 2016)! Ok.
-They didn't declare war. You're fighting windmills because you're a nutjub. They refunded you because you are a ridiculous person to deal wtih and didn't want you to be in the community anymore. They're well in their right to do so.
-And on the employee/contractor point: LOL keep guessing. It's fun.

But I do know this: Deep down inside, you really do like me. I know you care for me, senpai.

lol

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

We've already done that joke, keep up sillybollocks.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
pay no attention to all the scummy poo poo cig is doing with regards to payroll and employees, please enjoy this slapfight between dsmart and myself

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

The Titanic posted:

I'm sure somewhere between this and r/ds and what Derek thinks he is is probably where the truth lies. I'm sure he likes the attention, be it positive or negative.

I guess the big question nobody asked yet is what will Derek do after CIG crashes/successes? Will he find new meaning in life? Take up crochet? Sail the world? Make another iteration of the Battlecruiser series? WWDD???

Read Derek's Usenet days. He'll never stop. His Neural Net Brain won't let him.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

I'm pretty sure you've sold more ship poo poo, I'd ask whatever your current "investment" total is and what the meltable value of your RSI fleet currently is, but you'd just avoid answering.

Saying you're $8k in the hole might not be entirely accurate but it's certainly easier.

Glad you're still concerned about me.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TheAgent posted:

pay no attention to all the scummy poo poo cig is doing with regards to payroll and employees, please enjoy this slapfight between dsmart and myself

I always seem to show up just in time for these. :allears:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Also note to lurkers, if you're one of those ~25 wonderful people who currently provide me with a bug report each day. Don't write a tedious paragraph about stupid poo poo, I'll just skip you and you'll miss out on being laughed at.

According to the incredibly accurate funding tracker, CIG is getting a minimum of $35k a day and you guys can't even produce a decent bug report for every $1k.

I'm the only guy that actually reads these, nobody at CIG does, so try not to bore me.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

Read Derek's Usenet days. He'll never stop. His Neural Net Brain won't let him.

I'm glad you somehow find the time to argue the futility of arguing with Derek, despite your busy Star Marine schedule

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Glad you're still concerned about me.

Well if you aren't going to seek professional advice, I want you to know at least one random internet dude cares about your mental health.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

The important thing here is that you can't get to court for being refused a refund if CIG keep using this clever "granting refunds" tactic. They'll never lose until someone figures out a way round this whole getting your money back loophole.

= p

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

intardnation posted:

You're fighting windmills because you're a nutjub.
-get a mirror moma.

I don't have any blogs and I'm not actively engaged in an attack or otherwise against Derek for the revocation of my LoD key (or anything similar). So , it's not the same.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Squadron 42 Looking great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNG_szaXNNU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

This is a good point, if someone says something that upsets Derek he will ban their game key (and not refund) which is actually way worse than what CIG did to him and what he claims is the reason for his crusade. Could someone not on Derek's Posters I Have Been Defeated By List ask him to clarify how him doing it (and not refunding) is different and good?

The answer could be right up there with Leonard Skinley and 42 has nothing to do with Hitchhiker's Guide it's just Sandi's lucky number in thread canon.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat the contractor thing is hosed up if true

and given momas swift appearance it must be

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm glad you somehow find the time to argue the futility of arguing with Derek, despite your busy Star Marine schedule

I'm on lunch right now.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
gonna buy even though I was the mastermind behind "the ends are bad" campaign during ME3

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
and I even gave the forums this

:speculate:

I might be dumb with money

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nice self doxx.

Oh God what have I done?! :negative:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm on lunch right now.

You got some thoughts on the next great spaceship concept? I hear Reddit clamors for a small carrier

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

TheAgent posted:

gonna buy even though I was the mastermind behind "the ends are bad" campaign during ME3

But who is the chairman and CEO of the company that makes mass effect ?

It's important to me that I connect to him on a deep personal level

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
gonna be a new huge ship thing for $3000, comes with 4 smaller ships with new LE variants specifically for that ship

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

They won't; because anything short of what they've promised, and which Spergs have paid for, won't qualify as a "game"

Again, those thinking that this is going to be one long drawn out burn, are in for a shocking surprise.

I'm willing to bet the final definition of what the game(s) will be may be startlingly different between backer and Chris Roberts.

I don't get the feeling Chris is invested in this project puts the of playing director and collecting money. I bet her drop an MVP suddenly and fast if he wanted to, with no remorse or feeling like he missed a target.

TheAgent posted:

mvp bae, its whats new and fresh

Like this!

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
I agree with Theagent here. They can cut back most personnel, planet landing and most promised features. That should get them running into 2018, then release 3.0 as the MVP.

As long as the JPEG factory is running, they can linger for a couple more years, perhaps more.

Edit: catte in winter, needs heater

JugbandDude fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 26, 2017

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

gonna be a new huge ship thing for $3000, comes with 4 smaller ships with new LE variants specifically for that ship
only 2k of these will be available "ever", btw

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
this will also be the start of the new "this ship will only be available for pledge/donation/sale now, and will not be able to be earned in game"

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

ManofManyAliases posted:

I don't have any blogs and I'm not actively engaged in an attack or otherwise against Derek for the revocation of my LoD key (or anything similar). So , it's not the same.

you are still here doing the same thing. Who knows who you are on the internet. You could have blogs and be doxxing people.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If that isn't the huge red flag backers need to see then I dunno what is.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Good point. You're actively engaged in an attack or otherwise against Derek for no reason. That's much more sensible.

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

TheAgent posted:

I believe they'll put out a game, it'll be really bad but they'll squeak it out

I do think there will be
  • lots of care posting on the internet about the love for release version of SC

This is the funniest and most true post. Did you see the reaction to Star Marine. Most hyped, Most new, Most twitch based FPS on the market if you ask reddit. It's already providing more fun than any game out there.

Independent article making GBS threads on SM comes out...

"It's Alpha! Of course it's buggy and lovely, and boring, with missing features. Be Fair!"

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

TheAgent posted:

this will also be the start of the new "this ship will only be available for pledge/donation/sale now, and will not be able to be earned in game"

Can't wait to hear citizens explain how this doesn't mean Star Citizen is pay-to-win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You got some thoughts on the next great spaceship concept? I hear Reddit clamors for a small carrier

That's all those idiots care about; pocket carriers for pocket carriers.