Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Regarding McD's, no matter what or how much or in what combination I get "food" from there, I am always hungry 5 minutes later. It's like I didn't even eat anything. It's basically a lie in a food-shaped format. I do not know how they manage this and am probably better off not knowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

That is EXACTLY how they survive.

You're hungry again not long after so you go back for more of their low cost food.

Repeat ad infinitum and you suddenly have a massive empire with more money than god.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

PLEASE PUT LITTER IN ITS PLACE: MCDONALD'S

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AlmightyBob posted:

if that grand mac makes you feel like you don't need to eat for a few days god help you if you ever have a baconater, an amount of food which still isn't really that much compared to like small town diner burgers

I had a coupon where you got a free fry and drink with it and my stomach is shrunk cause I was sick for the last week you monster

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

That is EXACTLY how they survive.

You're hungry again not long after so you go back for more of their low cost food.

Repeat ad infinitum and you suddenly have a massive empire with more money than god.

Alright unless you're drunk or high who the gently caress goes to mcdonalds more than once in a day, that is not a sustainable business plan unless you're selling to that chick from the uk whose organs are failing cause she only eats mcnuggets

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

I used to really like jell-o pistachio pudding. Now I am going to think of gross fake gauc. bleh.

Grocery store rice pudding makes me pretty sad. Kozy Shack isn't terrible really bad it is so damned sweet. I refuse to try their tapioca.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

McDonalds is around because they were some of the first (after White Castle) to figure out how to maximize speed of service and consistency of food across all restaurants. Everyone was big on convenience and speed when it came to fast food, so they spread like wildfire across the world over just a few decades even when their poo poo wasn't that great.

It's just that now speed has started to fall by the wayside as consumers demand food that tastes good and is healthier or better sourced, which McDonalds is the exact opposite of in every sense. They've been struggling ever since and are mostly visited when there's nothing better around or when you're too poor to go anywhere else.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

Alright unless you're drunk or high who the gently caress goes to mcdonalds more than once in a day, that is not a sustainable business plan unless you're selling to that chick from the uk whose organs are failing cause she only eats mcnuggets

More people than you'd think. I've known people who ate their food like two to three times a day on the regular.

I like getting a burger from them every few months or so out of weird misplaced nostalgia, but I could not handle getting the quantities I see people getting on a regular basis.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
McDonalds, you say? Remember the Windows 7 Burger from Japan?

I don't know which I hate more: this ginormous rear end in a top hat of a burger, or the fact that it celebrated the release of an OS.

https://www.google.es/amp/gizmodo.com/5394184/i-ate-the-windows-7-burger/amp -review

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

McDonalds, you say? Remember the Windows 7 Burger from Japan?

I don't know which I hate more: this ginormous rear end in a top hat of a burger, or the fact that it celebrated the release of an OS.

https://www.google.es/amp/gizmodo.com/5394184/i-ate-the-windows-7-burger/amp -review

That has to be dry as gently caress.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Pingiivi posted:

That has to be dry as gently caress.

In this case, MAYBE better than soggy...

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

McDonalds is around because they were some of the first (after White Castle) to figure out how to maximize speed of service and consistency of food across all restaurants. Everyone was big on convenience and speed when it came to fast food, so they spread like wildfire across the world over just a few decades even when their poo poo wasn't that great.

It's just that now speed has started to fall by the wayside as consumers demand food that tastes good and is healthier or better sourced, which McDonalds is the exact opposite of in every sense. They've been struggling ever since and are mostly visited when there's nothing better around or when you're too poor to go anywhere else.

Yeah mcdonalds trying to focus on their food being gourmet or healthy was like the dumbest loving years long ad/product campaign ever. Every single human being is aware of what you are mcdonalds we grew up with you around us. Just sell cheap poo poo cheap

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Even then, McDonalds is that place where you only go if you have no other options. I eat at it a few times a month because I have production meetings down south where I need to take a train followed by Uber to get there, and the only food option within walking distance outside the train station that's not a gas station is a McDonalds. Their burgers are the only ones I'd call "sad" in flavor. The Big Mac tastes like little more than onions and Thousand Island.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Aesop Poprock posted:

I did once, and I'm not really proud of it, but I'm a truck driver and it was a truck stop with a McDonald's and I stopped there twice because that's just how the schedule happened.

Two McChickens, open both up upside-down, toss the bottom bun, add hot sauce, recombine for a double chicken.

This thread, it was meant for me...

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Everyone check your bingo cards 'cause there's no way someone didn't win with this fuckin' thing

I'm the visible salt.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Everyone check your bingo cards 'cause there's no way someone didn't win with this fuckin' thing

Surprisingly not.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Really, all it would take is shiny pasta from a school lunch to win that one.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

chitoryu12 posted:

Even then, McDonalds is that place where you only go if you have no other options. I eat at it a few times a month because I have production meetings down south where I need to take a train followed by Uber to get there, and the only food option within walking distance outside the train station that's not a gas station is a McDonalds. Their burgers are the only ones I'd call "sad" in flavor. The Big Mac tastes like little more than onions and Thousand Island.

Maybe give the gas station a try.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

McDonalds is the second to last option when your other choice is Burger King. gently caress BK forever and ever.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

BraveUlysses posted:

McDonalds is the second to last option when your other choice is Burger King. gently caress BK forever and ever.

Are you some sort of burger bastard who has lost all claim to a burger throne or something?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
nah they just serve some nasty fuckin' food

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

GrandpaPants posted:

Are you some sort of burger bastard who has lost all claim to a burger throne or something?
When you play the Game of Burgers, you either win or you fry.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Yawgmoth posted:

When you play the Game of Burgers, you either win or you fry.

:golfclap:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Screaming Idiot posted:

Second one looks better, first one looks like photoshopped plastic. The cheese looks a bit grody, but that's because whomever took the picture probably let it get cold before opening the package.

the top two patties on the first burger are just the same patty clone-tooled lol

Idk how i feel about the "The ads show it like THIS, but when I opened it, it looked like THIS!!!" complaints most of the time. Like yeah when there's like two strings of onion or one of those really sad Subway pictures it makes sense, but often times it seems to me that people are taking issue that their food looks handled at all, like sorry your burg was in the bottom of the bag and got squished I'm sure it still tastes the same.

I like Burger King even though I usually feel horrible about 30 min after I eat it. We used to know the people who worked at our local one pretty well, one guy was super nice to us, always asking how we'd been doing and stuff, seemed genuinely upset if our order turned out wrong, etc. I think he died in a car accident a few years ago :(

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I kinda like Subway. :saddowns:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I hate subway because none of those Sandwich Autists can make me a delicious sandwich without asking me 1000 questions about what I want on it.

I literally don't give a poo poo, make me a delicious sandwich. The only wrong answer is asking me more questions. If I knew how to make a delicious sandwich, would I be having you make me one? Probably not.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

chitoryu12 posted:

Really, all it would take is shiny pasta from a school lunch to win that one.

Or a kraft singles pizza

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

The General posted:

I hate subway because none of those Sandwich Autists can make me a delicious sandwich without asking me 1000 questions about what I want on it.

I literally don't give a poo poo, make me a delicious sandwich. The only wrong answer is asking me more questions. If I knew how to make a delicious sandwich, would I be having you make me one? Probably not.
The subway I go to for lunch asks me one question: "same?" which is also the answer because I get the same thing every time I go there. Frees up a lot of time to chat about stuff.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

My wife and I are expats from Aus/NZ. We recently did a trip back home and decided to do a comparison of of fast food places, to see how they compared to what we remembered.

The quality of maccas there is surprisingly good compared to the limp poo poo you get in the UK. You could actually taste some semblance of beef in the big Mac. And their 'deluxe' range weren't half bad.

The US on the other hand, your nuggets don't even taste of anything. At least the UKs nuggets have some flavour (nothing else does tho).

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I have only had Burger King in Asia and it was hellaciously bad. Yoga mat buns, elderly meats, mayonnaise unto the end of the universe...

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I have only had Burger King in Asia and it was hellaciously bad. Yoga mat buns, elderly meats, mayonnaise unto the end of the universe...

Maccas was awful too, couldn't finish the burger in Singapore. So bad. Buuuuut, Hong-Kong's sausage breakfast burger is a delightful treat of nitrate laden pink 'pork'. I ate 3 of them while waiting for my flight.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The General posted:

This is a bit unfair. Everyone likes their sandwiches a different way. They have a pretty clear and simple script.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Data Graham posted:

This is a bit unfair. Everyone likes their sandwiches a different way. They have a pretty clear and simple script.

perhaps you forgot for a moment that this is PYF and people having weirdly robotic opinions about anything is commonplace

For example, subway has never done me wrong because I am glad that the employees ask me every question every time and mcdonalds is an acceptable niche meal because it is fast and cheap and never disappoints because I am aware it is always disappointing

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cakefarts Carol posted:

perhaps you forgot for a moment that this is PYF and people having weirdly robotic opinions about anything is commonplace

For example, subway has never done me wrong because I am glad that the employees ask me every question every time and mcdonalds is an acceptable niche meal because it is fast and cheap and never disappoints because I am aware it is always disappointing

As is the way of our people.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Data Graham posted:

At subway:
"I'd like a _____, don't care what bread or what you put on it. I trust you can make a delicious sandwich."
"Sorry, what kind of bread do you want? And what kind cheese? Toasted, veggies?"
"gently caress I DON'T CARE!"
"Sorry, that's not a veggie or a sauce we have."

At places I like.
"I'd like a sandwich. I don't care, I trust you can make something delicious."
"Any allergies or anything?"
"Nope."
A few minutes later I have a delicious* sandwich.

*not always delicious, but never bad. Just a difference in sandwich likes, which is fine. I still pay for it and eat it all the same.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

whiteyfats posted:

I kinda like Subway. :saddowns:

That's ok. I just remember people posting in here where they open the sandwich and it's like the most sparse Charlie Brown Christmas Tree sandwich re: ingredience

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The General posted:

Same. If I want a sandwich I'll go to a bakery or café where I can look at a selection of pre-made sandwiches and pick whichever one I like the look of. Subway is just annoying and inconvenient. Also it smells weird.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Tiggum posted:

Same. If I want a sandwich I'll go to a bakery or café where I can look at a selection of pre-made sandwiches and pick whichever one I like the look of. Subway is just annoying and inconvenient. Also it smells weird.

Funnily enough that was written on my annual performance review at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That's what they do there.

This is like going to five guys and being mad that they don't have fish and chips.

Don't go places and ask them to do what they don't do.