Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kwyndig posted:

Well of course not. In the Star Trek universe he'd just be dead, and then they'd have to come up with a convoluted technobabble way to fix that.

I wish Star Trek solved that kinda thing with technobabble. Instead what usually happens is some kind of god shows up and does something impossible, and everyone's like "Hmm yes the universe sure has mysteries" instead of realizing their science-based setting is ruined now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Optimus Prime #3, and Thundercracker keeps doing Thundercracker things

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Optimus Prime #3, and Thundercracker keeps doing Thundercracker things

I don't know why, but for som reason I'm hearing that dialogue in Tony Jay-as-Megabyte's voice.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Backup from today's Doom Patrol #4.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I wanna know what on earth the guy who wrote the book where some robots have to cut corners on Vader's surgery due to budgetary constraints was even going for, if not comedy.

Adherence to canon? A not-insubstantial part of Palpatine's plan to become Emperor included deliberately tanking the Galactic economy and crippling the banking system.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sorry my young apprentice, I know I manufactured galaxy-wide war through control of powerful trade federations, secretly financed the growth and training of hundreds of thousands of cloned soldiers, and have since seized absolute control of every aspect of galaxy governance, but you understand I'm now engaged in secretly building a moon-sized space station that I'll use to blow up economically productive planets so you're going to have to make do with a surplus control panel. It's just canon.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TheCIASentMe posted:

Is this the quickest fridge ever?

They really took the Nova Corps as Marvel's version of the Green Lanterns to heart v:shobon:v

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Adherence to canon? A not-insubstantial part of Palpatine's plan to become Emperor included deliberately tanking the Galactic economy and crippling the banking system.

I don't remember that from the movies I guess.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

I don't remember that from the movies I guess.

It was in the clone wars tv show

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

site posted:

It was in the clone wars tv show

I'm shaking my head.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Clone Wars is good, but it is only circumstantial evidence about what's present in the movies.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
It and Rebels are pretty much the only non movie SW stuff to be official canon apparently.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Clone wars is actually really good sorry

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Are you thinking of the cartoon or the CGI version?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The CGI version.

It's ok, I wouldn't blame anybody for not being super into it. I like Rebels a lot more.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

site posted:

Yes yes, and Final Fantasy 15 is great and the Underworld movies are "dope" and chocolate tastes bad.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

Yes yes, and Final Fantasy 15 is great and the Underworld movies are "dope" and chocolate tastes bad.

I haven't played ff15 but i wouldn't agree with the second two no

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Anyway I was more shaking my head at the tv show having to pick up the pieces of how bad the prequels were by introducing economic maneuvering to justify why on earth Palpatine would still be in power, it wasn't a comment on the quality of the show itself. It's like when George decided at the last minute that Grievous should have a cough, so the Genndy cartoon had to put in a scene where Mace Windu crushes his ribcage with the force.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

Except any episode with Jar Jar and some of the Padme episodes were bad too, mostly because Jar Jar was in them

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The episodes where Jar Jar made out with an alien queen that was his one true love are great, thank you very much.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Soonmot posted:

Except any episode with Jar Jar and some of the Padme episodes were bad too, mostly because Jar Jar was in them

I agree but thats like only 7 out of 70 episodes tho

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

There's a staggering amount of irony in you complaining about others people tastes

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Anyway I was more shaking my head at the tv show having to pick up the pieces of how bad the prequels were by introducing economic maneuvering to justify why on earth Palpatine would still be in power, it wasn't a comment on the quality of the show itself. It's like when George decided at the last minute that Grievous should have a cough, so the Genndy cartoon had to put in a scene where Mace Windu crushes his ribcage with the force.

Before you say how unlikely it is they'd let a hideous cackling monster who is actively destroying the economy stay in power, remember who is President.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Just lol if you're still sore about the Star Wars prequels 11 years after RotS came out.

When you can't draw enough Joker faces:

Batman #52

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jan 26, 2017

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

When you can't draw enough Joker faces:

Batman #52

Is Wayne Manor on fire?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Lol at his legs.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Soonmot posted:

Remember when people thought Jar Jar was actually a ridiculously powerful Sith Lord?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Remember when people thought Jar Jar was actually a ridiculously powerful Sith Lord?

To be fair that theory faintly made sense. It assumed that he was Evil Yoda and the prequel trilogy loved its parallels. It was mostly people looking for some excuse to not admit Star Wars is a space opera with heavily child-focused elements tho'.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

McCloud posted:

There's a staggering amount of irony in you complaining about others people tastes

Or is there?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Mega Man #2

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Can you punch lasers? Does Mega Man not know what universe he's in or something? Of course he can punch lasers.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair that theory faintly made sense. It assumed that he was Evil Yoda and the prequel trilogy loved its parallels. It was mostly people looking for some excuse to not admit Star Wars is a space opera with heavily child-focused elements tho'.

Yeah it made enough sense for people grasping at straws (like how most fan theories are made). The main issue is that it clearly violated the Two Sith rule even if you handwaved away the other complaints (Palpy is always the Master, then you have Maul, Dooku, and Anakin as Apprentices, one for each film).

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Jar Jar is favoured by the Force, as fools often are.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

DC pun metal band posters from Doom Patrol #4.

Kryptonömikon

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Those band names are super on point, wow

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
REVERSE THRASH

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

KILLER MOTHER :allears:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Legion of OMAC.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I know I just posted some Mega Man, but Comixology has every issue to half-price with a discount code, so I got all eight trades.

Mega Man #10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'm shocked Gerard Way didn't manage to make a pun out of My Chemical Romance and some DC character. Um... My Catwoman Romance? Eh, doesn't work on a metal pun wall.

Batman Annual #1

World's Greatest Detective.