Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Suxpool posted:

just expect that 90% of everyone will stop playing after a month

Depends on if there is going to be another wipe. Wipe = no one wants to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
that's part of it but i'm not convinced that's the whole problem

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Keegers posted:

Depends on if there is going to be another wipe. Wipe = no one wants to play

the only reason i play is the impending wipe

I don't play the game after a month because the game dies. The pvp itself is very lackluster and the only thing that is holding the game afloat is the potential it has in sandbox interactions; The problem is pvp is extremely hard to comeby in the actual game outside of structured pvp, and they're decreasing open world interactions (by adding in wow-like arenas) and nerfing every weapon that can actually catch people 1v1.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Suxpool posted:

everyone will stop playing after a month

I admire your optimism. :si:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the only thing that stops me from playing a lot is how loving boring the maps are and how they are basically DOTA maps with lanes to gank people. generally there isn't avoiding people in a zone. You either go through people or just not at all

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

eonwe posted:

the only thing that stops me from playing a lot is how loving boring the maps are and how they are basically DOTA maps with lanes to gank people. generally there isn't avoiding people in a zone. You either go through people or just not at all

maps are a lot different than they were a year and a half ago or whenever the last time you played was

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Have they decided the tablet idea was bad yet?

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Arcland posted:

Have they decided the tablet idea was bad yet?

yeah they gave up on that poo poo a good while ago

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ill try it again soon

forge
Feb 26, 2006
don't

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

i am glad to see you have finally succumb to reason

forge
Feb 26, 2006
You can see I'm substantially harder headed than you on this. But really there is no point to this anymore. It's not a sandbox, and it's not really pvp based since world pvp doesn't really matter with the silly 5v5 system. I'm unsure I'll even play the next double final beta at this point. Worlds Adrift is so much better as a sandbox on infinite levels.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
at one point, this was a good game. we can argue when that point passed if you want but i dont think its that important

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

forge posted:

Worlds Adrift is so much better as a sandbox on infinite levels.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Is there a thread yet for it or am I not going blind?

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

working mom posted:

Is there a thread yet for it or am I not going blind?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768141

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Blazing Zero posted:

at one point, this was a good game. we can argue when that point passed if you want but i dont think its that important

I had the most fun, strangely enough, just crafting hundreds of carrot soups to feed the goon base. Those were simple times.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
ah the never ending carrot apocalypse

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
thanks for the mammaries

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kimsemus posted:

I had the most fun, strangely enough, just crafting hundreds of carrot soups to feed the goon base. Those were simple times.

Oh god land is dying quick run more food every 15 hours!

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

sunaurus posted:

Oh poo poo. Really? I got pretty excited after watching some videos on YouTube. I guess it was too good to be true.

Well if you like grinding skeletons forever this is the game for you.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Albion Online: Autism Detector

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Albion online: pay us $30 so we can ban you

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Suxpool posted:

yeah they gave up on that poo poo a good while ago

Lol that's the only reason I was trying it, I wanted a more robust mobile game to play. Ah well

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

A Spider Covets posted:

Lol that's the only reason I was trying it, I wanted a more robust mobile game to play. Ah well

I think nearly every game you can find on the itunes/google store for 99 cents will offer a more robust game to play.

Goldsnake
Apr 9, 2015

Well poo poo, guess I won't be coming back, shame devs ruin a good thing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Keegers posted:

Albion online: pay us $30 so we can ban you

i can pay $10 to do that on SA

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Hi eonwe

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what up

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
late to the party but is that job still open?

If they're paying for the move to Germany I'll do it, I'll stream, tweet, instagram, talk in wacky voices, whatever the gently caress they want

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Verbose posted:

late to the party but is that job still open?

If they're paying for the move to Germany I'll do it, I'll stream, tweet, instagram, talk in wacky voices, whatever the gently caress they want

nah i think they're looking for local germans to do it in awful accented english because they haven't already alienated most of the world enough

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Verbose posted:

If they're paying for the move to Germany I'll do it

lol dude come on. there are enough internationals in berlin to do it for a penny

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
What's the latest over/under on a release date? 2019?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Is anyone going to play this when it releases in June?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jHFh1lR9Rdw

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
No

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Depends on how the game is after their big update.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Is anyone going to play this when it releases in June?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jHFh1lR9Rdw

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i totally understand kimsemus now and i will stop at nothing to badmouth this game into it's irrelevancy

SCROTEBUSTIN
Sep 2, 2008

"the asslicker" of fyad
Man. I played this in like... maybe 2015? Whenever the early beta started. My friends and I had an absolute blast and then they said the wipe was happening in like a month so we decided to wait. Then the wipe got pushed back by 3 months but that still felt pointless to continue grinding. Now it's 2017 and there's still gonna be another (two?) wipes before release. Arguably poor form for a game so heavily focused on progression and grinding, because I feel no desire to work towards it if it's gonna be wiped.

Is the march wipe the last one or will there be one more in july? If the former, I'll get in on it, otherwise looks like I'm waiting another six months to finally use this drat founder's pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

SCROTEBUSTIN posted:

Man. I played this in like... maybe 2015? Whenever the early beta started. My friends and I had an absolute blast and then they said the wipe was happening in like a month so we decided to wait. Then the wipe got pushed back by 3 months but that still felt pointless to continue grinding. Now it's 2017 and there's still gonna be another (two?) wipes before release. Arguably poor form for a game so heavily focused on progression and grinding, because I feel no desire to work towards it if it's gonna be wiped.

Is the march wipe the last one or will there be one more in july? If the former, I'll get in on it, otherwise looks like I'm waiting another six months to finally use this drat founder's pack.

When you change everything about the game you need to wipe because nothing is comparable. They still haven't nailed down core mechanics.

• Locked thread