Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Knicks should really try and do a three way deal to get a pick.

Imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

paternity suitor posted:

The rumor last season was that Ainge offered the Nets pick for Okafor but was turned down. If Boston truly wants Okafor, it might be possible to package him plus one of the Sixers other picks to move up for the Nets pick. Or something like that.

Okafor + higher of Sixers/Lakers picks for 1?

Worth it for Fultz, IMO

Ainge would never do it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can't imagine ainge wanting okafor anymore.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If the Mavs didn't start off the season with everyone injured, Donnie Nelson would be one of the GMs in the running for exec of the year.
https://twitter.com/MikeSGallagher/status/824679136014643200
Getting Barnes, Curry, and to a lesser extent Finney-Smith were all really good potential long term moves for the team.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

quote:

Then in late November, Cousins fell victim to viral meningitis, which coincided with the team's losing eight of 10 games. In mid-December, sources say, Cousins was on his way to a "Santa Cuz" gift giveaway at a Wal-Mart near Sleep Train Arena when he was asked to drop by the executive offices. The team wanted him to discuss an urgent matter with Ranadive and the Kings' GM at the time, Pete D'Alessandro. Those with knowledge of the conversation say Cousins was told by Ranadive that the Kings would win substantially more games with assistant coach Tyrone Corbin at the helm. Cousins replied by asking the owner, in somewhat colorful profanity, if he had taken leave of his sanity. When he then asked the brain trust about the timetable for its verdict on Malone, he was told the decision had already been made. Sources say Cousins then responded by asking why he'd been diverted from a charity event for a matter that had clearly been resolved without his input.

Cousins rules, Ranadive drools

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Man, where is Billy King when we need him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Paul Zuvella posted:

If I were the Celtics, I would unironically try to trade for Melo.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jyoxodm

Something like this.

Though if the Knicks ask for any of the Brooklyn picks I'd hang up laughing.

Keeping the Brooklyn pick is fine but the Celtics probably should try to shed a pick from this draft just based on their roster size.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

euphronius posted:

I can't imagine ainge wanting okafor anymore.
Okafor sat out like 8 games in a row or whatever because Embiid was playing. Hit with the DNP-CD.

Then despite not playing at all, when Embiid tweaks his knee, Okafor is out also with a sore knee somehow. Is he broken?

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 27, 2017

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

WhyteRyce posted:

Both statements have truth to them. He did a great job of feeding those guys, but during the Finals against the Lakers I absolutely remember him just kind of hiding himself along the baseline where no one would pay attention to him for noticeable stretches of the game.

He was definitely a good playmaker but he seemed to sulk when he wasn't pounding the rock for half the possession. That was there in Boston but it got much much worse as the team blew up and KG wasn't threatening to kill him anymore.

That being said, in his prime his defense was great and that made up for a lot of his problems. Eddie tried, but he got burnt a lot. He was a lot like Vujacic in that regard.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Fast Luck posted:

Okafor sat out like 8 games in a row or whatever because Embiid was playing. Hit with the DNP-CD.

Then despite not playing at all when Embiid tweaks his knee, Okafor is out also with a sore knee somehow. Is he broken?

No they're just figuring out excuses to sit bigs. Holmes spent close to a month on the bench due to a "concussion".

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

paternity suitor posted:

The rumor last season was that Ainge offered the Nets pick for Okafor but was turned down. If Boston truly wants Okafor, it might be possible to package him plus one of the Sixers other picks to move up for the Nets pick. Or something like that.

:(

Hinkie would have made this trade

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

xbilkis posted:

Isaiah Canaan sees an opening and tweets that he should get more minutes

https://twitter.com/SiP03/status/824490976957857792

"Sorry, that page doesn’t exist! You can search Twitter using the search box below or return to the homepage."

Daily reminder that Twitter sucks.

Jimmy is a good liar.

Paul Zuvella posted:

I feel like pretending that Dwyane Wade is the problem in Chicago is kind of dumb. He is very clearly their second best player, even if he's lost a step.

Well I suppose that is the problem; that old Dwayne Wade who has lost his step in the 2nd best player, but that's the rest of the bull's fault, not Dwyane's Like I suppose you could make the argument he takes too many shots but who the gently caress is going to take those shots?

More than a step. He's not performing close to how much $$$ he's making. He's a below average shooter making 23.2 million USD.

Cristiano Felicio has a similar WS to Wade and is making $800,000 this year. Wade and Rondo are two hilariously overpaid players.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Twitter rules actually

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

Korver was the biggest one so far (and coincides nicely with the cavs starting to suck)

Cavaliers don't even need offense, shooting or 3P power. They need defense desperately.

cravius posted:

Prime Rondo was one of the greatest playmakers I've ever seen and it's a shame that his declining play is gonna wash that all away.

He was extremely privileged to play alongside Ray Allen and Paul Pierce. Two of the top 15 scorers of all-time. No other PG can really make that claim.

Time posted:

Yo the point of sending him the email was so people don't influence other people's answers

It's really a trick question and dokmo will come back here and laugh at everyone. :anime:

LBJ and Wade are not taking the aging process well.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPvs5RCDGO8/?taken-by=rajonrondo&hl=en

quote:

My vets would never go to the media. They would come to the team. My vets didn't pick and choose when they wanted to bring it. They brought it every time they stepped in the gym whether it was practice or a game. They didn't take days off. My vets didn't care about their numbers. My vets played for the team. When we lost, they wouldn't blame us. They took responsibility and got in the gym. They showed the young guys what it meant to work. Even in Boston when we had the best record in the league, if we lost a game, you could hear a pin drop on the bus. They showed us the seriousness of the game. My vets didn't have an influence on the coaching staff. They couldn't change the plan because it didn't work for them. I played under one of the greatest coaches, and he held everyone accountable. It takes 1-15 to win. When you isolate everyone, you can't win consistently. I may be a lot of things, but I'm not a bad teammate. My goal is to pass what I learned along. The young guys work. They show up. They don't deserve blame. If anything is questionable, it's the leadership.

HAHAHAAHHAAHHA The Alphas are at war.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Bulls are basically a bottle episode and Rajon is the rear end in a top hat who just sits around pointing out how everyone else is a hypocrite

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

WhyteRyce posted:

The Bulls are basically a bottle episode and Rajon is the rear end in a top hat who just sits around pointing out how everyone else is a hypocrite

And it's so loving great

Rondo is exactly what this organization needs. Someone who doesn't give a flying gently caress and is just airing out everyone's incompetence.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Kyle Lowry's Philadelphia home allegedly hit in multi-million dollar jewelry heist
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/kyle-lowrys-philadelphia-home-allegedly-hit-in-multi-million-dollar-jewelry-heist-184402043.html

-DAL beat LAL by 49 points. Worst blowout in Lakers entire history.

Dexo posted:

Rondo is like completely innocent in this bulls Mess(outside of being bad, and throwing a towel at a Assistant once) But he is just so gloriously blunt about how bad this Coach and Front Office are.

He's the worst shooter in the whole league. He's guilty!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

The top of the East looks a whole lot worse now than it did 2 weeks ago

The entire east is shameful. It's a reminder that the conference playoffs are goofy and the Spurs should be in the finals as they'd destroy the east.

R.D. Mangles posted:

congratulations to Rajon Rondo, who hit a free throw in 2017.

Another Bulls record averted. So close to going 25 games with zero FTs.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
So the Rockets are looking a lot more like I thought they would at the start of the season. Anderson and Gordon missing games, random really exciting performances (smashing the Grizzlies) combined with bad games against EC teams.

It seems like the Anderson thing was a one-off and they're being super cautious with Gordon though (held him out last night due to "lower back tightness"), hopefully they can get back to where they were.

paternity suitor posted:

Heh, hey man, why do you have a tattoo on your dick that says An? Is that your girl?

*man smiles, dick becomes erect*

Oh, haha, your dick says Allen Iverson. Great!

lmao

chunkles fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 27, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Zogo posted:

He's the worst shooter in the whole league. He's guilty!

"Outside of being bad"

And Rondo being bad isn't his fault. It's the organizations for paying him to be bad.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I'm still shocked Wade and Rondo ended up on the same team considering their past.

I wish the Mavs would hurry up and trade Bogut. Their offense is much worse with him in and they might as well try to get a late first rounder for him. Then maybe after they ruin their draft position they can package two first rounders to move up slightly.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

it's literally less depressing to be a sixers fan than a bulls fan right now

Wade is threatening to leave the $24,000,000 on the table and go elsewhere.

Chicago media seems to not care very much. Wade wore out his welcome a lot sooner than Rose.

Rick posted:

I feel like, going outdoors in Denver this time of year is a bad idea, but I haven't looked at the map or anything.

NBA Numbers people, can you tell me what you think of this: https://twitter.com/NBA_Math

The Anti-D'Angelo Lakers Fan Bloc is really going after it.

TPA looks to be in line with a lot of the other common value stats. Just a ton of charts.

Bip Roberts posted:

Are the cavs done forever? Did they just lose the 2016 NBA finals 1-4?

Not forever but things look bleak. As things currently stand it'd be unprecedented for them to win the title based on their team/individual numbers. This isn't the 2016 team.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 27, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Zogo posted:

Wade is threatening to leave the $24,000,000 on the table and go elsewhere.

Chicago media seems to not care very much. Wade wore out his welcome a lot sooner than Rose.

PA looks to be in line with a lot of the other common value stats. Just a ton of charts.

Not forever but things look bleak. As things currently stand it'd be unprecedented for them to win the title based on their team/individual numbers. This isn't the 2016 team.

Eh. Chicago media loves Wade, Wade is giving them amazing content. Wade hasn't wore out his welcome it's just that Wade, and the Chicago media likely realize just how loving bad this organization is from top to bottom. Fans don't hate Wade, they likely agree with him.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Rajón Rondo might get GarPax fired, which is hilarious

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Carlosologist posted:

Anyone that gave Rondo a deal after his stint with the Mavs should be fired from their job.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
Reminder that Rajon Rondo was the Bulls #1 free agent priority in the offseason. Wade just fell into their laps.

Carlosologist posted:

This would justify the signing

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Carlosologist posted:

You can be assured that GarPax will come out swinging now. Two years ago they threw Thibs under the bus. Last year they threw Jimmy, Derrick, and Jo. Not sure where they will go this year but I'll keep an eye out for a Melissa Isaacson article and Dan Bernstein telling us who the real scapegoat is.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
Wade just liked Rondo's Instagram post

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Also gently caress Wade. That guy doesn't bother getting back on defense half the time.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Dexo posted:

Rondo is exactly what this organization needs. Someone who doesn't give a flying gently caress and is just airing out everyone's incompetence.

He can vent, pile on and take massive dumps all over the organization. It's not going to change anything. The Bulls will still be trash.

Clueless fans will keep wandering into the UC like zombies. Just like they did for the Cubs for over half a century.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Twitter rules actually

Like 50% of the time someone posts a link here it's dead.

Tae posted:

I didn't know until someone pointed it out to me, it's crazy that Lebron is leading the league in minutes per game. You'd figure he'd be relaxing and taking on less after winning the trophy and how easily they destroyed the East the past 2 years. Or at least the Cavs have a better record if Lebron is playing that much.

He's old, he's slow. LBJ has run 91 miles on court this year. He's the leader on CLE but far below CJ McCollum who's run over 120.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I think zogobot needs a restart, it's posting nonsense

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

*picks up mouse, yells into it*

ZOGOBOT, REBOOT

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheBullsShow/status/824765795184103425

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Always screenshot tweets. If people only linked tweets we would not know all we do about the early history of NBA on Twitter.

You don't want that, do you?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/CodyWesterlund/status/824767402311352321

https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/824760795988971521

Edit: Also

Dexo fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 27, 2017

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Watching the Bulls this season is like listening to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPr7k6dBzqs&t=41s

Dexo posted:

"Outside of being bad"

And Rondo being bad isn't his fault. It's the organizations for paying him to be bad.

I saw that but that's the main deal of being an NBA player. The organization is guilty too. You can't think the organization is commanding him to shoot this badly.

Dexo posted:

Eh. Chicago media loves Wade, Wade is giving them amazing content. Wade hasn't wore out his welcome it's just that Wade, and the Chicago media likely realize just how loving bad this organization is from top to bottom. Fans don't hate Wade, they likely agree with him.

One difference is that for 2+ years I watched games and saw Rose play horribly and then on the 10 p.m. news they'd play Rose's one or two decent moves from the game. Then the newscasters would come on and praise Rose like he was almost back to MVP form.

They're not doing that with Wade. Some of the TV news guys are openly making jokes about potentially leaving $24,000,000 on the table.

Wade may be able to get more long-term money out of some other poor team.

Niwrad posted:

Also gently caress Wade. That guy doesn't bother getting back on defense half the time.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Zogo posted:

I saw that but that's the main deal of being an NBA player. The organization is guilty too. You can't think the organization is commanding him to shoot this badly.

Sure, but If an NBA team wanted to pay my rear end 15 million dollars or whatever to play. I would drat sure say yes.

Should I be blamed if I'm bad just because some dumb FO thought it would be a good idea to give me money.

It's not like Rondo lied on a resume or something. He had plenty of tape and examples of where he was at talent wise. And this Front Office still decided to bring him in.

You can't be mad at a dog you brought home for being a dog, just because you were really hoping it'd be a cat.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Rondo is the worst player of the three and is a known locker room cancer but is somehow coming off as the smart and mature guy here. Life is strange.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

News:

https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/status/824773545645449217

Views:

https://twitter.com/shamus_clancy/status/824772775554465794

I hope Embiid dunks Milsap into an alternate reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

4 Ringz.........2 Ringz.

• Locked thread