Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

MedicineHut posted:

poo poo man, scared the beejesusouttame. Thought it was the ELE.

If you think there will be an ELE, I have a Javelin to sell you . . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MedicineHut posted:

poo poo man, scared the beejesusouttame. Thought it was the ELE.

:grin:

Samizdata posted:

He is going to write CitizenScammer 3000, it will be a painfully indepth simulation of creating and running crowfunded startup company scam run by a faded developer with decades out of the limelight and industry, desperately trying to achieve relevance and success with a game scam of previously unseen vision, depth, and fidelity while trying to balance QoL issues, like your wife's insistence on being an actress, having a social life, and scheduling European vacations while not leaving the company for too long, all the while optimizing marketing strategies to keep the funds rolling in.

Have I been hacked? How on Earth did you get the summary to my book!! :argh:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Chin posted:

"Buy Brawlhalla - All Legends Pack $19.99 Collector's Pack $99.99"

Your pedantry is weak.

second click: http://store.steampowered.com/app/471710/

Free, early access.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Heyyyy Toast, wassup myman.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

I would settle for an iron-clad ToS myself :grin:

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

quote:

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“Early Access will be free. We plan to add at least one (entirely optional) feature to test out the payment pipeline."
Free until they add the stuff they're going to sell while still in EA.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Zzr posted:

Is the skin behind the cat his father ?

LOL it's a calf. Excelent bbq

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Chin posted:

So what you are saying is the Derek could have done exactly what he said isn't allowed on steam. Thanks.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

ManofManyAliases posted:

CIG allowing refunds is not the same as being compelled to give a refund in a court of law. Keep trying.

Yeap--I know I tried several times during 2015 and the start of 2016 with denials every time. CIG just decided all on their own change course and grant refunds. Had nothing to to with changing the ToS to "give us your money and get nothing back" or Street Roller getting state and local authorities involved. Nope--pure goodwill on CIG's part.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

ManofManyAliases posted:

If you think there will be a Javelin, I have a belt to sell you . . .

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

TheAgent posted:

this will also be the start of the new "this ship will only be available for pledge/donation/sale now, and will not be able to be earned in game"
And this is different from every other large ship sold by CIG that won't be in any game, much less purchasable in game, how?

Hey the bright side, it isn't some scummy marketing tactic to create demand. CIG is working to lower their engineering debt by not having to worry about having to create a virtual showroom for the carrier.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Aside from the fact that moron is blocked, my comment was clear. There are no free Early Access games on Steam that I am aware of. And that list doesn't show ANY. A "free" or "free-to-play" game, isn't the same thing. If they are monetized - in anyway - Steam gets a cut (see Planetside2, Warframe etc).

Playing stupid shouldn't be a trait you know.

I don't think he's playing. Too convincing.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Chin posted:

Derek smart is retarded you don't have yo defend what he says bcz he hates the same video game as you. I mean, its literally right there in front of you but youre still defending derek evem though hes clearly wrong

Just walk away man, it's derek

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Remember when Sq42Ep1 and 3.0 were going to be released in 2016? Good times.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

OK, I'll bite because making you look stupid is always good for a laugh.

- Like revoking keys

In all games with Beta, keys get revoked. What we did was no different. They were issued free - and subsequently revoked. As if Steam would have allowed us to invalidate paid commercial keys, without there being an uproar and them kicking us off Steam.

Why LOD Beta keys were invalidated

banning people for dissenting opinions

You mean like what you guys do on RSI forum? Like that?

and swindling those into buying ridiculous TACs

What is a Tactical Advancement Kit?
http://cdn.lodmmo.com/tak_comparison02/TAK_store.jpg

TAKs are 100% optional and are NOT required to play the game. That's why they are - gasp - sold separately as DLC

for a game that was supposed to be released in 2012 (but running for the last mile in 2016)!

Not sure what any of that has to do with anything. But those who are actually following the game - and you know, paid for it - never PAID for a game that was PROMISED to be out in 2012.

The game went on sale for the first time - through Early Access - on 09-15-2014 (Build 00.09.02.03) - with NO delivery date.

Steam Early Access Guidelines.

From our own FAQ (mirrored on the game's store page as well); release date

There are games on Early Access which have been there longer. Aside from the fact that our use of EA is due to our reliance on Valves SteamWorks tools which we don't have to build thus re-inventing the wheel. And since Valve isn't in the business of giving away free stuff, we have to sell something so that they get paid for the resources being used. That's why there are no free games on Steam EA; at least none that I'm aware of.

So, whether the game comes out in 2012, 2017, or 2046 is all immaterial. Anyone buying it, knows the rules. Those who choose not to wait, can get a refund from Valve based on their rules.

Try not to confuse my game with that $142m scam funded by gamers who, in Oct 2012, were PROMISED a game they PAID for to be delivered on Nov 2014, or 18 months thereafter.

They didn't declare war. You're fighting windmills because you're a nutjub. They refunded you because you are a ridiculous person to deal wtih and didn't want you to be in the community anymore. They're well in their right to do so.

Revisionist history are the cornerstone of the Shitizen and Shillizen manifesto. Facts tend to work differently.

FACT: I was never in any such "community", seeing as I had never - ever - posted on the RSI forums, nor Reddit or anywhere else. And CIG got caught in a lie by the very media (PC Gamer and others) they used as a vehicle to vilify me. You are parroting something that was long debunked as being FALSE; even by the same moron who posted about it.

FACT: They refunded me because I wrote a blog critical of the project and which, as of this writing, I have been PROVEN to be correct about.

FACT: Chris Roberts did the same thing The Escapist, and again to me in his well publicized and derided Oct 2015 diatribe

FACT: How I got involved, is all very well documented and not open to revisionism.

And on the employee/contractor point: LOL keep guessing. It's fun.

I don't have to. The joke's on you.

Derek, why?

mrchinchin25
Apr 14, 2012

Dat BDSSE

Quavers posted:

Star Citizen: Around the Verse: Engineering Intelligence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMD-t1OjGys

"This week’s Around the Verse does a deep dive into subsumption. Persistent Universe Director Tony Zurovec and Lead AI Programmer Francesco Roccucci sit down for an in-depth chat about what to expect and fields questions from the community. Also, our UK studio provides an update on the MISC Razor, VFX for the Caterpillar and Herald, and a glimpse at upcoming surface outposts."

Loving the buzzwords

- Deep dive into subsumption
- Persistent Universe Director

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

Relax and imagine Chris washing your windows.

scam on scam off scam on scam off

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Quavers posted:

If you think there will be a Javelin, I have a belt to sell you . . .

I'll buy that belt.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'll buy that belt.

That'll be $1,500.00 (plus tax). Oh, and you only get a jpg of the belt, it'll be implemented some time in the next 10 years or so.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

That's cheap. A javelin is 3K now.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

ZekeNY posted:

That'll be $1,500.00 (plus tax). Oh, and you only get a jpg of the belt, it'll be implemented some time in the next 10 years or so.

It'll be the best belt ever though. I'm working on Materials 2.0 and Attachments 3.4 right now, promise!

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Post your loving catte tax. Even I do it.

:smug:

BigMouthSingers
Oct 15, 2015

I still subscribe because the puzzlebox tells me to.

Star Citizen.... you're playing right now.
Just watching ATV.

What I heard so far:

DLLs are isolated and has no way to share data across systems
Animations and AI code does not communicate
Mission editor does not exist
Subsumption is proving to be very memory intensive

Ho Lee Cow.

Can't wait for Refactored Citizen 3.0

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Quavers posted:

Remember when Sq42Ep1 and 3.0 were going to be released in 2016? Good times.

:allears:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

this will also be the start of the new "this ship will only be available for pledge/donation/sale now, and will not be able to be earned in game"

*** Or until the next sale when we really need money.

**** But we guarantee it will never be for sale in game. What're you, nuts? We want your money not your enjoyment.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

BigMouthSingers posted:

Just watching ATV.

What I heard so far:

Ho Lee Cow.

Hey now, they also refactored a couple of explosions.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
At this point I can't figure out which would be worse:

A) CIG goes completely silent. Stops putting out videos all together, but instead they just hint that they're working on something great and it's going to blow everyone's minds. Rinse and repeat every few months for as long as it takes to scrape together some lovely demo.

B) Continue to release these pie in the sky ~dreams videos with no actual evidence that anything they're talking about has made it off the whiteboard yet.

It doesn't seem like backers (with the exception of the most hardcore) are buying their smoke and mirrors bullshit like they used to.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
over 75% of their backer dollars are coming from the EU, specifically germany

holy poo poo

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

JugbandDude posted:

Can one of you clever goons make a poll about the death of SC? Only two options:
1) Slow and agonizing
2) Big bang

I made a lovely thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807588

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Take a drink every time they talk about something planned versus implemented.

Yeah right, would be drinking faster than your avatar!

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

Relax and imagine Chris washing your windows.

SWEET! That's my dream job in the game and I'm so glad it looks like he has been thinking about the pre-pre-alpha motion capture of this role.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TheAgent posted:

holy poo poo

That would certainly explain why German magazines get all the exclusives.

Duckaerobics fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 27, 2017

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm the little strings between the pushpins of Derek's crazy-board.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

BigMouthSingers posted:

Just watching ATV.

What I heard so far:

Ho Lee Cow.

Wow. And that's from an official channel, not made up in theagent mind.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

holy poo poo

Yeah why is that Germans seem to have such a raging boner over this thing?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Kosumo posted:

SWEET! That's my dream job in the game and I'm so glad it looks like he has been thinking about the pre-pre-alpha motion capture of this role.

Space Mop guy is going to complain to his Local Space Union Rep about this bullshit I can tell you that!

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

TheAgent posted:

holy poo poo

These bosh has gone crazy since the traité de versailles ended, time to take the ruhr again.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

TheAgent posted:

holy poo poo

ahh germans. double or nothing.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I just bought a Musical keyboard off of Ebay for £20.00, it should arrive in a week, didn't cost me my farm and hopefully I can learn something from it.
That's my little story, goodnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

DapperDon posted:

Yeah why is that Germans seem to have such a raging boner over this thing?

They're just easily excited and tend to go a bit overboard when that excitement kicks in. Kind of like their Paris vacation in 1940.