Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm sorry those bullies squished and burnt your bagel.

That type of bread is great, because in addition to being tasty it will also break any poorly made fillings you happen to have. Gotta keep the dentists on their toes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I don't smoke, but I actually sort of like the smell of (fresh) cigarette smoke. It reminds me of fun nights at concerts and festivals. I don't really get people who tell people to stop smoking in outdoor spaces, unless they have asthma or children or something

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Aesop Poprock posted:

It weirds me out when people just totally disregard some sort of basic cultural pleasure, like watching movies/tv or listening to music, but there has to be something legitimately off with people who don't enjoy food. That poo poo is hardwired into you what the gently caress do you mean you don't like eating? It's why people like the Soylent guy have a million other issues, eating is such a huge part of human culture and animal life in general

There's been a million food threads on SA and they always end up the same way.
"lol at refusing to even try to acquire the taste for huge swaths of food types and generally not liking food, it's really sad how much joy you're missing out on and probably pretty unhealthy too"
"Just because the only food I can stomach is cheesy potatoes and all other food makes me gag doesn't mean I'm missing out on some basic human experience or that there's something possibly wrong with me! I think people who like weird gross food like sushi or fruit are just faking it to seem sophisticated!! I tried a vegetable once as a kid and I told my mom I didn't like it so she never gave it to me again. Don't judge me!!!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Baronjutter posted:

There's been a million food threads on SA and they always end up the same way.
"lol at refusing to even try to acquire the taste for huge swaths of food types and generally not liking food, it's really sad how much joy you're missing out on and probably pretty unhealthy too"
"Just because the only food I can stomach is cheesy potatoes and all other food makes me gag doesn't mean I'm missing out on some basic human experience or that there's something possibly wrong with me! I think people who like weird gross food like sushi or fruit are just faking it to seem sophisticated!! I tried a vegetable once as a kid and I told my mom I didn't like it so she never gave it to me again. Don't judge me!!!"

Oh, you can't post that without the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Whenever I see someone say "urgh i don't like that food, it's so disgusting" I can't help but think if they were stuck on an island for 2 weeks with no food if they'd suddenly find that plate of sushi or prawns or vegetarian haggis so unappealing anymore.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Ramagamma posted:

Whenever I see someone say "urgh i don't like that food, it's so disgusting" I can't help but think if they were stuck on an island for 2 weeks with no food if they'd suddenly find that plate of sushi or prawns or vegetarian haggis so unappealing anymore.

The only food I think I'd seriously consider death in favor of surviving off of is those baby corns. I can't eat those things without making me gag. I don't know what it is about them but they are vile no matter how many times I try to give them a chance.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It would be olives for me. I've tried them tons of times and I absolutely hate them. I do like a good dirty martini and I love pickles though so its gotta be a combination of texture and brine.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There's only one kind of bread worth eating.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

doverhog posted:

That type of bread is great, because in addition to being tasty it will also break any poorly made fillings you happen to have. Gotta keep the dentists on their toes.

Brown bread.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

There's only one kind of bread worth eating.

Because you can't beat it?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I like some rye but others have this really sharp almost burnt herb smell to it, is that just a type of rye or something else? I notice in europe a lot of rye has his smell/taste but less so in north america. Always been curious.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

doverhog posted:

This appears to be some kind of tiger cake? Proper rye bread looks like this:

It's jewish rye & pumpernickel

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Oh, you can't post that without the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY

Shows like this are just freak show horseshit.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

spit on my clit posted:

It's jewish rye & pumpernickel

Most of the time it's Jewish rye and Jewish rye with cocoa powder added.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

Because you can't beat it?

Exactly.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Grilled cheese is best with a dark bread and a white cheese. Then you toss some stoneground mustard on that poo poo and it's heaven.
Only food I can think of that I've tried multiple times and don't like prepared in any way is seaweed. It tastes like low tide. It makes everything it touches taste like low tide.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A Chinese buffet place near me used to have seaweed and it tastes divine mixed with shredded duck.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
well it probably depends if you're talking about the flattened black sushi roll type stuff or the stringy glassy cured seaweed type stuff

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Grilled cheese is the one time I'm not picky about what cheese is being used. Except maybe cottage. I don't want a grilled cottage cheese sandwich.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Seaweed smells gross and tastes great. I put it in my ramen and it owns.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I can guarantee the ramen soup base already has tons of seaweed in it. Everyone likes seaweed they just don't know it yet.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Man I'll scoop nice looking kelp right up out of the ocean and eat it if I'm paddlin' around and want a snack. Sea snacks!

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Baronjutter posted:

Man I'll scoop nice looking kelp right up out of the ocean and eat it if I'm paddlin' around and want a snack. Sea snacks!

Same but with shrimp.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Field Mousepad posted:

Same but with shrimp.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Baronjutter posted:

-I think Firefly was really over-rated. Maybe if it went on like 7 seasons it would have been one of those shows where "oh the first couple seasons were rough but it gets better" but after watching it I can totally understand why it got canceled.
I really liked it at the time (though not to the same extent as the fans who complained about it being cancelled and campaigned for it to come back and so on), but I saw an episode a few months ago and it just doesn't hold up. That said, it was definitely sabotaged by being played out of sequence and at random days and times, but it's merely an OK show. If it had been given a chance it probably could have carried on for a while, but it's probably better to let it stand as a single season. And the movie's not good at all.

Low Desert Punk posted:

I don't smoke, but I actually sort of like the smell of (fresh) cigarette smoke.
The smell that lingers on smokers' clothes or in the houses of people who smoke indoors is awful, but yeah, fresh cigarette smoke smells nice.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Field Mousepad posted:

Same but with shrimp.

I could go for a small pastry around now.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

I really liked it at the time (though not to the same extent as the fans who complained about it being cancelled and campaigned for it to come back and so on), but I saw an episode a few months ago and it just doesn't hold up. That said, it was definitely sabotaged by being played out of sequence and at random days and times, but it's merely an OK show. If it had been given a chance it probably could have carried on for a while, but it's probably better to let it stand as a single season. And the movie's not good at all.

Say what you will ab out the series, the movie is actually good.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Jastiger posted:

Say what you will ab out the series, the movie is actually good.

Today must be opposite day; the movie was basically entirely dumb action scenes

Pick posted:

I could go for a small pastry around now.

I love my gay dead forum, I hope this never goes away

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Old men should smell like cigars and aftershave because old man smell is gross.

My grandfather stopped smoking largely because his children's wives didn't want their kids around tobacco smoke and now whenever I see him, I get a whiff of his BO and it makes me sad and grossed out at the same time.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sentient Data posted:

I love my gay dead forum, I hope this never goes away

It's odd to me that the absolute funniest joke from these forums, that I never ever ever get tired of, is completely innocent and innocuous :psyduck:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
BBC requiring panel shows to require more women made them better and funnier than they had been previously.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pick posted:

BBC requiring panel shows to require more women made them better and funnier than they had been previously.

Maybe they had bad men on them. (Well, scratch the maybe really.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I3qREbKqLw

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well, Jack Dee wasn't wrong in that case...

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

A White Guy posted:

My grandfather stopped smoking largely because his children's wives didn't want their kids around tobacco smoke and now whenever I see him, I get a whiff of his BO and it makes me sad and grossed out at the same time.

I love, love, love men's colognes and aftershaves and wish it wasn't seen as "smelling like your dad." I'll also use men's deodorants because cucumber-melon aside, they have the best scents. Old Spice is loving great.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

A White Guy posted:

My grandfather smoked a pipe for as long as I can remember and every memory I have of him will always have a pleasant pipe smoke scent associated with it.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Ham and pineapple pizza is the best.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Collateral Damage posted:

My grandfather smoked a pipe for as long as I can remember and every memory I have of him will always have a pleasant pipe smoke scent associated with it.

I love the smell of cigars and pipe tobacco for this exact reason.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Anything earlier than 10 am is too early. People shouldn't be expected to wake up and do work until after 10 am. And the workday should end before 4 pm. Also we should only work about three or four days a week, max.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
We shouldn't be forced to work at all. Jobs should be hobbies that you choose to take a bit more seriously. Ask your local Mind if you can help out somehow. Of course if you want to join Contact or something like that you need actual dedication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Blue Star posted:

Anything earlier than 10 am is too early. People shouldn't be expected to wake up and do work until after 10 am. And the workday should end before 4 pm. Also we should only work about three or four days a week, max.

My unpopular opinion is that you've actually been stating decent opinions recently and it's weirding me out