Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

He's a lying coward and I already yelled at him about that very post

So the answers to my questions are presumably "yes" and "sure" then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

We plan to eventually make other stats useful, so for now, we have switched people to stats that will eventually* be useful.

*This does not constitute a guarantee that stats will ever be useful.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Zaodai posted:

We plan to eventually make other stats useful, so for now, we have switched people to stats that will eventually* be useful.

*This does not constitute a guarantee that stats will ever be useful.
Lore needs to dictate mechanics, but we haven't added mechanical support yet. Please preorder

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Doreen is smart and has cards, I'm rioting irl at this!!

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Plz make summoner scale with tenacity

e: we will require a tenacity infinity node as well

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

So wait, is Doom the only actual-summoner who scales off of Int now that they changed Squirrel Girl to Fighting/Speed? Follow-up that is probably asked-and-answered, but does that make him the actual-summoner with artifacts that give +summon damage and +a stat you want?
Iron Legion Sheath, Luke's Lucky Chain, Nutso the Squirrel, and SHIELD Badge all offer stats for other summoners.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I'm so confused at what they think makes a hero Intelligence-based for "Lore reasons" now.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Doreen is a college freshmen which might be one of the stupidest groups of people on the planet so I find this lore accurate.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

epic poo poo, can't wait to see how pwnage these Marvel Heroes™ really can be under this new system when we can get the new equipment the game is designed around in 60 days. anyone else just pick up $200 in gazbucks to celebrate? :D

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

They should just kill off pet stats. They are dumb and have only caused dumb problems. Since this is Gaz, they are a complete lock.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

mom.... why........

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I just spent some tine in Midtown Manhattan on a level 60 character and every single unique I found was level 57. :gaz:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

mom.... why........

:mrgw:

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

I'm so confused at what they think makes a hero Intelligence-based for "Lore reasons" now.

Have you ever read a comic with Doom, Mr. F, or Iron Man in them?

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Anyone else read the Michael Mayhew post in your head in his lispy voice?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Gibbering Madness posted:

Anyone else read the Michael Mayhew post in your head in hith lithpy voithe?

no

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Grinning Goblin posted:

They should just kill off pet stats. They are dumb and have only caused dumb problems. Since this is Gaz, they are a complete lock.

Yea this. They really should have made them just scale off your damage stats.

Lore needs to dictate mechanics, but we haven't added mechanical support yet. Please preorder

There are a bunch of summoner artifacts without Int you know. :shrug:

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
On the other hand, my Cyclops is now using a White Gorilla Spear that happened to come with +Energy. Itemization is whack right now.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

100% they haven't moved summon to scale off regular stats because doing so makes summoners scaling multiplicative rather than additive and therefore a complete balance nightmare.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

KomoriMan posted:

Do YOU create content for Marvel Heroes 2016?

If you do, fill out this form to join our Influencer Recruitment Program to possibly get promoted on our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), get codes for prizing, and much more!

We want to help support you guys & gals making great content for our game! Now we won't be able to fully support everyone but we will help you out in any way possible.

This program won't remain up forever so if you have any interest, fill the form out!
Gaz.

Gaz that's not what people are talking about when they say they want new content.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

MMAgCh posted:

Gaz.

Gaz that's not what people are talking about when they say they want new content.

when you think about it

every post in this thread is content made for mh

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Lux Aeterna posted:

when you think about it

every post in this thread is content made for mh

i'm gonna eat a huge steak, drink a ton of beers and make the biggest load of content you've ever seen for this epic game. stay tuned, gamer.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Pace yourself - Beast is still only on TC.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Gibbering Madness posted:

Anyone else read the Michael Mayhew post in your head in his lispy voice?

I saw lore-driven shoe-horny summoners and stopped there, nodding in agreement

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
https://twitter.com/Pudgyboi

pudgyboi

pudgy.

boi.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Wait, do people think Int still effects pet damage, when the big update patch notes said it had been changed to Crit damage and Med-Kit cooldown?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kokoro Wish posted:

Wait, do people think Int still effects pet damage, when the big update patch notes said it had been changed to Crit damage and Med-Kit cooldown?
No, it's more that some of the good summoner Artifacts (Adv. Regalia, for one) and lots of the good Any Hero Uniques (Spear of the White Gorilla Tribe, Latverian Monarch Cloak, Sinister's Cuirass, stupid god drat Octobot Controller) are sources of good +Summon Damage while also having +Int as either one of, or the only, attribute.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

100% they haven't moved summon to scale off regular stats because doing so makes summoners scaling multiplicative rather than additive and therefore a complete balance nightmare.

How so? Summons are essentially a stacking DoT that has really finicky targeting; it's not like the total number of summons is uncapped. The D3 Witch Doctor managed to scale just fine off their main stat too. Or are you saying Gaz, themselves, can't handle it?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Blade seems to work best in most situations with a melee build. Also, Death Seed is better than both of his slot 1 uniques, because of the +1 to all attributes :laugh:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Diablo 3 Witch Doctor is a significantly more known-quantity issue. Summons are actually treated as a stacking DoT with finicky targeting from top to bottom as every Diablo 3 skill is built to scale from your DPS. Skills are nothing but a multiplier to your stats. Gargantuan is (say) 1000% of your whatever your auto-attack is. If you upgrade an item that increases your DPS by 1% then your Gargantuan gains 1% damage. And, unlike Marvel Heroes, if you want a summon you have to give up that skill slot - there's no passive summons.

In Gaz's case they would be looking at, just in the case of Doom, trying to balance a no-summons build against everything from the exact same build except with a talent that makes them deploy a base 3x15,000-20,000 'DoT' whenever they attack to one that has anywhere from 3 to like 12 roaming DoTs at any given time, all with their own base damage multiplied by your stats, and keep that scaling factor consistent across all characters as well as tune the base damage so that it's as useful at level 2 when you have 5 stats boosting them as it is at level 60 when you have 50+. It's way out of their depth.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
this game is a loving mess, why am I playing it again

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Cease to Hope posted:

this game is a loving mess, why am I playing it again

Because it's a wonderful mess.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/4043804#Comment_4043804

"Almost 50 new items to hunt in cosmic mode very shortly." - Asros

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

cosmic artifacts, neat

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

wonder if they'll have to be farmed or if cosmic upgrade tokens'll get a second use, now that cosmic inisgnias are just a modest bonus.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Well, that isn't an upgrade of an existing artifact in the first place, so they're probably separate farms.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

the best of both worlds would be a new cosmic enhancer item class you toss in a recipe with a cosmic upgrade token and an artifact to bake the stats onto the artifact

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

madcow posted:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/4043804#Comment_4043804

"Almost 50 new items to hunt in cosmic mode very shortly." - Asros

This is going to end GoKs as currency.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I've got 400+ splinters. Gimme some guidance:

Could get Angela, Blade, Cyclops, Emma, Goblin, Iceman, Iron Fist, Kitty Pryde, Magik, Magneto, War Machine.

I eliminated some other eligible ones because I didn't want speed/energy, strength/durability, or speed/fighting competing for gear with my other guys and stuff. I hate pet classes, enjoy classes that have neat builds that have powers that interact back and forth with each other, and I have no real preferences about ranged vs. melee vs. hybrid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Emma is str/dur though unless you play her wrong.