Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Had 168 mythril saved by the time this banner hit. So here goes for 100-gems and three 11-pulls. I'd really like a BSB since I went through over 325 mythril between OSB fest, FFXIV and Lucky Draws and only got Hamelin. Since Agrias is on my A-team already, hers would be nice, but Orlando's OSB is sweet also.

100-gem: trash.

First: 1/11 for Mythril Gun. Decent, it's a stacking AoE full break which is nice for the FFT multi-target bosses.

Second: 1/11 for Venetian Shield. Good, though I have Kaiser Shield and Defender so most SB gauges are going towards Cleansing Strike.

Third: 2/11

loving finally! This will give me some Imperil Holy to help fuel Cecil's Paladin Force, and draw fire without needing Gaia Strike.

Edit: VVV This exactly. Holy purification of all enemies!

Benthalus fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

the Orb of Zot posted:

Is Agrias BSB worth considering on the A-team when it's in competition with PCecil BSB and WoL BSB? She has the much better skill set than they do, but imperil holy isn't as good for extra damage as EnHoly, and the draw fire/magic lure parts of the BSB commands can be outdone elsewhere (Gilgamesh BSB does physical luring better and Celes SSB does magic luring better).

Put both on the team. :getin:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I got all three items for Ovelia and Mustadio's gat on my one budgeted 50 pull. It's... kinda underwhelming, actually, but oh well. At least I can hyperbreak now!

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
100-gem pull got me a Lambent Hat, so yay for that. It'll go well with Ovelia's staff that I pulled a little while back.

11 pull just got me a Mythril Gun, which... well, I won't say no, but I feel way overdue to get me an OSB. Just one. Just one tiny little OSB...

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Blegh, 2/11, two Venetian Shields. Probably should have known better to pull on this banner between the dupe odds and the duds, but I wanted a shot at that OSB. Ah well. Guess having some Tactics armor will be nice every few months, but the SB it's stapled to is pretty much useless to me.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

So as a crazy person who's been stocking mythril since thanksgiving for orlandeau i'm in this until i get both his relics or i'm out of mythril! let's take a journey!

and done.

did a summon pull since i had leftovers!

edit oops missed a picture of a pull. it was empty but for another saintly excalibur. so yeah i got 2.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 27, 2017

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Dr Pepper posted:

Put both on the team. :getin:

The issue with that is that my first slot on my melee team is basically locked down by Refia, another slot is locked down by Tyro for SG, and then I need the last two slots for a support and a white mage. So only one slot is open.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

And so I dumped my last 50 Mythril into the banner.

Got Excalubr, Healing Staff, Mythril Gun, and a dupe Kaiser Shield

Not a bad pull at all imo.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
For those who pulled and didn't get the big ticket items (Orlandeau OSB, BSB, and Agrias BSB), please remember that there is a high likelihood that they show up somewhere on the 2nd Anniversary banners. Don't go full tilt right now, because it isn't worth it (is what I keep telling myself).

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Bah, Agrias's SSB and Mustadio's SSB. I can no longer justify pulling because my synergy for FFT is now pretty good. Oh well, at least I got a Hyper Break out of it

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

So Agrias BSB commands are 250 potency divided across two hits. Factoring in the 20% boost from her Imperil Holy, that totals 300 potency.

WoL's ATK command, if his DEF is high enough, goes to 240 potency divided across five hits. Factoring in the 50% boost from his EnHoly, that totals 360 potency.

:rip: Agrias.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Didn't have enough for an 11-pull (mage stuff is more important to me than physical at the moment, since it's my biggest gaping hole), but the urge still gnawed at me so I did a stupid 3-pull out of desperation.

Got the Kaiser Shield. :toot: Can't complain at all, stupidity was rewarded!

Social Psychology posted:

Is Orlandu actually viable without both of his relics?

I pulled his BSB but the delays sound worrisome, but there's no way I'm going to try and chase his OSB. Is he still usable outside of CMs?

Yeah, he is. Spellblade/Combat/Celerity/Knight 5, Darkness 4 (that can be Record Sphere'd to 5, IIRC), great stats to back it up. His BSB is basically Full Charge tier as far as how long it takes to queue up. It's not meta-defining on its own, but he gets native access to Powerchain so it's not as much of a liability as it sounds.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I'm gonna power through some more of my own Elite backlog after I'm done with the event mythril...

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

the Orb of Zot posted:

So Agrias BSB commands are 250 potency divided across two hits. Factoring in the 20% boost from her Imperil Holy, that totals 300 potency.

WoL's ATK command, if his DEF is high enough, goes to 240 potency divided across five hits. Factoring in the 50% boost from his EnHoly, that totals 360 potency.

:rip: Agrias.

The point of Imperil's is to increase the team's DPS. If you have both Agrias and WoL on the same team, WoL is now hitting for 432 Potency and getting extra SB gauge.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

The point of Imperil's is to increase the team's DPS. If you have both Agrias and WoL on the same team, WoL is now hitting for 432 Potency and getting extra SB gauge.

Even then, I already had a viable Imperil Holy available previously in Edward BSB, a BSB I should really use more often given the stacking debuffs on the burst commands.

This of course means that when imperil gains the ability to stack that things will start going crazy.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

For 50 Mythril, this works.

The Kaiser Shield is #4 so that finally got me off my rear end to combine the first three, and two BSBs including the Orlandeau one is stellar. Didn't get the OSB but can't justify chasing that with my FFT synergy now (and my 5 Mythril!)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I am the happiest FFRK player tonight

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

It feels so weird to finally be tapped out on mythril after hoarding it for that giant chain of really good banners. I dunno what the hell I'm going to save for now. Second anniversary I guess? Nothing else coming up looks all that exciting.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

It feels so weird to finally be tapped out on mythril after hoarding it for that giant chain of really good banners. I dunno what the hell I'm going to save for now. Second anniversary I guess? Nothing else coming up looks all that exciting.

I still have a couple hundred Mythril to pull out of story mode and I'm in no hurry to pull on anything else, so Second Anniversary is my plan.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010
I feel like I shouldn't have pulled at all, I was just hoping for a new toy for team holy. Oh well, I guess some day I can dump 3 million gil into making an 8 star gun with no effects

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

way to go steve posted:

I feel like I shouldn't have pulled at all, I was just hoping for a new toy for team holy. Oh well, I guess some day I can dump 3 million gil into making an 8 star gun with no effects

You mean this gun?!

(I shouldn't have but after drawing three at once I felt it was a sign)

Mithross fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jan 27, 2017

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
Went 2/22... with TGCid's BSB and OSB whew

:feelsgood:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

will boosting orlandeau's mind increase the duration of the thunder god mode or is it a fixed time or a fixed number of actions

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

Mithross posted:

You mean this gun?!

(I shouldn't have but after drawing three at once I felt it was a sign)

Well what else are you gonna do with em, use em as rosetta stones? Hard to imagine a scenario where I'd want multiples.

Or even one. The break seems nifty, but I don't know that it justifies a party slot.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Cowcaster posted:

will boosting orlandeau's mind increase the duration of the thunder god mode or is it a fixed time or a fixed number of actions

I can't tell you if mind increases it, but I can tell you it's based on time not actions (25s I believe)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mithross posted:

I can't tell you if mind increases it, but I can tell you it's based on time not actions (25s I believe)

Protectga/Shellga/Hastega are the only buffs that have longer durations with high MND, if memory serves. Thunder Godding should last 25s regardless of stats, same as things like Wall.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

way to go steve posted:

Well what else are you gonna do with em, use em as rosetta stones? Hard to imagine a scenario where I'd want multiples.

Or even one. The break seems nifty, but I don't know that it justifies a party slot.

the break hits all targets and correct me if i'm wrong stacks with multibreak/full break because it hits mind where they don't so it could be good for group bosses

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cowcaster posted:

the break hits all targets and correct me if i'm wrong stacks with multibreak/full break because it hits mind where they don't so it could be good for group bosses

Yeah, pentabreak stacks with full break effects.

The problem is it's on Mustadio, who is sort of like Laguna in that he excels in Machinist stuff... and sucks everywhere else, making him hard to slot into a team. You'd basically be bringing him solely for his SB.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010
And now it looks like you can't break crystals into major orbs? drat. This has been a disappointing day for me in record keeper.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah, pentabreak stacks with full break effects.

The problem is it's on Mustadio, who is sort of like Laguna in that he excels in Machinist stuff... and sucks everywhere else, making him hard to slot into a team. You'd basically be bringing him solely for his SB.

It's even worse for me, I have Gordon's break, which makes Mustadio's completely redundant.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

:itjb:

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
100 gems: Lambent Hat

50 mythril:

:woop: My first OSB, too!

I budgeted for 2 draws because my Tactics synergy is bad, but I think I'm done with this banner now, especially since I already had Kaiser Shield and Ovelia's Staff. Not even sure if it's worth pulling on banner 2 for another weapon, though. It might just be better to drop that mythril on the Nightmare banner.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Wish I would have socked 50 away for IV banner 1, I still can probably get there with a few story dungeons maybe.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

Nooiicce

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
This game really doesn't want me to have a mage team.

It does however enable my physical A team. Welcome aboard OSB Orlandu.

Two things: do OSBs crit and is it best to just lifesiphon x3, OSB rinse repeat?

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

acumen posted:

Two things: do OSBs crit and is it best to just lifesiphon x3, OSB rinse repeat?

Yes and yes, although you can get some serious DPS out of full charge with TG mode activated, so consider that too

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

acumen posted:

OSBs can crit, and Orlandu's special in that his OSB reduces cast time, so you may want to build up multiple meters and go OSB->OSB->OSB.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I really want to be annoyed that I haven't pulled an OSB yet, but I've gotten so ridiculously lucky with BSBs I don't feel like I can talk.

In the 3 or 4 months I've been playing again I've drawn 11 BSBs, including Ashe, OK, Kain, and Orlandeau. Really, I've been crazy lucky, but still... my really big numbers...

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I'm glad so many people are getting their TG Cid OSBs, sometimes the gacha is merciful :gbsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Mithross posted:

I really want to be annoyed that I haven't pulled an OSB yet, but I've gotten so ridiculously lucky with BSBs I don't feel like I can talk.

In the 3 or 4 months I've been playing again I've drawn 11 BSBs, including Ashe, OK, Kain, and Orlandeau. Really, I've been crazy lucky, but still... my really big numbers...

I really think BSBs are generally just more useful than OSBs anyway outside of certain scenarios (e.g. Orlandu OSB or an enelement + OSB combo). Being able to have cool effects like Gafgarrion's healing on an attacker BSB expands your options more than just having yet another way to deal big burst damage.

Or maybe I'm just sour that I have Hope's OSB but no enholy, and no OSB for my numerous enelement characters.

• Locked thread