Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
My uncle works for Nintendo and he let me try out a prototype of the new XIM5 with a wallhack feature.
https://gfycat.com/MindlessGleefulBlackrussianterrier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I am TrannyGranny52.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Got the black screen glitch, power cycled my xbox, got it again, power cycled my xbox, got it again. Nothing like spending 20 minutes trying to join a game.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The one where the overlay shows up the map is always black? Just leave and find a new server/rejoin, fixes it 95% of the time for me.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Do you understand what "power cycled" means?

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
If I get the black screen I just restart the game and that fixes the problem, no need to restart my Xbox

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

That's wonderful and I'm glad to hear it. If I power cycle the Xbox and it keeps happening that also means the app restarted.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Assault owns. Whats the best gun they have?

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Mp18 is good until you unlock the hellreigel. If you want to use a shotgun the 10a hunter is the way to go. Equipment wise I use the at rocket gun and anti tank grenades. Dynamite is good too but I prefer the long range of the rocket gun.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

BlindSite posted:

Assault owns. Whats the best gun they have?

Automatico Storm is fun, but you need to stay close.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Automatico trench is also a lot of fun but never ads with it. You can also kill people from a surprisingly long distance if you tap fire in short bursts but mp18 is better at longer ranges. Hellreigel is probably the best all around smg though.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Chemmy posted:

Do you understand what "power cycled" means?

I'm saying it fixes it without closing the app.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Chemmy posted:

That's wonderful and I'm glad to hear it. If I power cycle the Xbox and it keeps happening that also means the app restarted.

Yeah, but if it's only going to be fixed x% of the time anyway, attempts that take less time are better...

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I've only ever gotten the black screen bug on my first attempt to join a server during a session, so I think power cycling may be worse than just joining a new server.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Live At Five! posted:

Automatico trench is also a lot of fun but never ads with it. You can also kill people from a surprisingly long distance if you tap fire in short bursts but mp18 is better at longer ranges. Hellreigel is probably the best all around smg though

Yeah I've gun down ppl at mid range firing from the hip with the automatic trench. just be sure to take off the bayonet.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

zooted heh posted:

Yeah I've gun down ppl at mid range firing from the hip with the automatic trench. just be sure to take off the bayonet.

I've been going back and forth on the bayonet, it's just so, so gratuitous (says the guy who's a Rocket Gun Evangelist). Last night was the first time I also accomplished the weird "We didn't bother to animate specialty class takedowns" bug where your charge lightly grazes a Sentry and you end up still going a billion miles per hour but he dies in your wake.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm up to 40 unique service stars and I'm running out of weapons to use that aren't terrible. I wish you could use the tanker/pilot class level 10 unlockables on normal classes. I'd love to run around with the sawed off shotgun or one of the other weapons.

Anyone have any recommendations for what to use next?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Responsible Parenting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzHUxFmhD9U

“…that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death…”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TM0QLMPdvI

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I got 5 kills with a single limpet charge on Argonne Forest the other day :)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

RCarr posted:

The explosives and the game's approach to blowing things up are pretty close to peak-BC2-level satisfying. No King Carl but hey, the must-be-prone mechanic adds additional flavor for rocketry.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I was probably going to die regardless but seriously look at the distance on this bullshit:

http://i.imgur.com/U1faoSB.gifv

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

RCarr posted:

I'm up to 40 unique service stars and I'm running out of weapons to use that aren't terrible. I wish you could use the tanker/pilot class level 10 unlockables on normal classes. I'd love to run around with the sawed off shotgun or one of the other weapons.

Anyone have any recommendations for what to use next?

this is what i want as well. the c96 and p08 with the stocks look baller and the sawed off is badass. every time i spawn into a vehicle i am tempted to bail just so i can use these weapons, but i always stay true to my sperglord principles

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

That's it, finally level 10 scout, to go with support and assault. Now I can finally return to my one true passion: exploding vehicles with extreme prejudice.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I find that a lot of bf players are really bad at hitting people in close. Its really easy rack up kills quickly on the tighter maps with assault. Pushing into a bunker is more fun than proning on a hill all game.

An entire Squad spawned on one dude i was sneaking up on the other day. Got all four of them with a tank grenade. Felt pretty good.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I think that it's not people loving up the close kills but auto aim. I've been screwed so many times trying to ADS when I was close and instead auto aim drags my sights to somewhere else.

I've since learned to hip fire almost everything. Especially assault smgs and shot guns. Hell even the Mondrago for medic has enough rounds in it to just hip fire a whole mag and get a kill.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
By default, there's an option turned on that slows down your aiming when you are arming over a target. This hosed me up trying to track moving targets a whole lot when I started playing. because what happens is you ADS and it it autoaims you onto the running guy, but then your aim sensitivity is reduces and he runs right out of your sights as you're trying to track him. It's really dumb. Fortunately, this game has really comprehensive options.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Aight bonerkrew I don't gotta be up for work tomorrow at 1 am so whose up for some shooty man's tonight

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
PSKREW also assemble but I do have to get up for work so maybe not too too late.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Ol Standard Retard posted:

"We didn't bother to animate specialty class takedowns" bug where your charge lightly grazes a Sentry and you end up still going a billion miles per hour but he dies in your wake.

They did, you just killed him so fast the world couldn't keep up

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I was probably going to die regardless but seriously look at the distance on this bullshit:

http://i.imgur.com/U1faoSB.gifv

best way to abuse lag is astride noble steed

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I sent a request to the ps4 group. same name.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Nick, come back to battlefield, the tank buster plane is fun and right up your alley.

It's basically a flying artillery truck.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I got my first text hatemail from a mans I deliberately did a poor job of rocket gunning to death. I think. Literally not even owned hard enough to recall, and a dude is texting me about suckin off my own dad or something geez.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

OldCaptainLog of the XBONE checking in. Is there a goon group for this game on the bone? I'm having a really hard time finding a good group of folks up from 11 to 4 am CST.

Also, are people figuring out how to glitch this game ala Destiny Red Bar style? I'm having more and more instances of point blank unloading on folks and them looking at more for five seconds followed by me dropping dead of a melee.

P. S. If I get a random invite I normally ignore it - please send me a message if you are a goon.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

RCarr posted:

Yeah I just discovered how useful they are spawning into an insane firefight with some attackers in one of the bunkers next to a capture point, just blindly tossing limpets out the door for three kills at a time and huddling in the corner to restock. Support rules. (Is the BAR not the best gun in the game?)

BlindSite posted:

I find that a lot of bf players are really bad at hitting people in close.
I know one of my problems is reflexively trying to ADS whenever I see an enemy, even if I have a shotgun at close range. I'm dead before the sights come up half the time.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Captain Log posted:

OldCaptainLog of the XBONE checking in. Is there a goon group for this game on the bone? I'm having a really hard time finding a good group of folks up from 11 to 4 am CST.

Also, are people figuring out how to glitch this game ala Destiny Red Bar style? I'm having more and more instances of point blank unloading on folks and them looking at more for five seconds followed by me dropping dead of a melee.

P. S. If I get a random invite I normally ignore it - please send me a message if you are a goon.

Add the following Xbros:
Beastie Bomber [me]
CaptainStevey
FastestGunAlive
Iscariote
R Carr
Legalize Ranch
Flexible Ethics
Skater H8er

I'm not on as much as I used to be as my girlfriend is between jobs. These folks are generally on from 6-1am CST. Although Stevey is classy and from the U.K. so he only sometimes lines up with our shootymans.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I got so excited about blowing up tanks again I ended up being a stubborn idiot and dying 10 times to the same heavy by F on St.Quentin. Well at least I kept him pinned at the map edge constantly retreating and repairing instead of engaged in the battle (which we lost badly anyway). The only annoying part was his team using the tank as a spawn point to constantly retake and hold F. I never did manage to kill him either, I think an airplane finally got him. He went 24-2, ten of those were me, lol!

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?

Beastie posted:

Add the following Xbros:
Beastie Bomber [me]
CaptainStevey
FastestGunAlive
Iscariote
R Carr
Legalize Ranch
Flexible Ethics
Skater H8er

I'm not on as much as I used to be as my girlfriend is between jobs. These folks are generally on from 6-1am CST. Although Stevey is classy and from the U.K. so he only sometimes lines up with our shootymans.

Hey jerks I play too sometimes

GT TheGohnComplex

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Laminator posted:

Hey jerks I play too sometimes

GT TheGohnComplex

Add me to the list of Xboners.

GT - ZombieAtak oA

Braggo
Jul 26, 2005
I added you all as well. GT: Braggo b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Braggo posted:

I added you all as well. GT: Braggo b

Ahh, I saw you on the other night but I didn't recognize the name.