Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
new yorick is bad because.

1. his gimmick is splitpushing but he's garbage at that

2. his ghouls are loving assholes, and rely on you last hitting so enjoy not having ghouls at mid game ever

3. if you're against a dashy champ, like lucian, then your cage is useless

4. old ult can actually lead to clutch wins and is cool and good. new ult dies to turrets and has this ridiculous long cool down. You basically just need to summon it during team fights to have a presence so it just becomes a more boring tibbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

The Mash posted:

I think MF might be (not so) secretly busted again.

There's an unlisted change to Duskblade of Drakthar that as far as I can tell, happened this patch:

This plus the base damage buff to Nightstalker, plus the CotC nerf, plus, especially, the Lethality buff, means old MF is back.

This buff basically wins MF the lane if towers aren't down by the time Duskblade is done. You can now proc Duskblade on champions with Q bounces again, which was one of the big reasons MF was broken last season.

I'm currently toying with a build of Duskblade -> Serrated Dirk -> Zerker Greaves -> Youmuus -> Rapid Firecannon -> IE. Cleaver goes somewhere if it's appropriate for your team, LW if appropriate vs enemy team, otherwise Merc Scim/BT/Phantom Dancer at some point. Running that build, a 3 item MF will have +165 move speed (+5% from RFC) and her first attack, from 700 range, will do 2x total AD physical damage + ~130 magic damage + ~200 true damage, if it doesn't crit

I tried it last night with Stormraider's Surge (to get more lethality and because Ferocity keystones fit poorly) and I was an unstoppable killing machine towards the end. It is particularly good against squishies, as the massive range and movespeed will basically guarantee the enormous first attack if they overstep even slightly, and you can reset the monster-attack fully in a couple of seconds in fog of war.

This is interesting because I was running 'classic' MF (AKA all-in on BT) and it literally singlehandedly won me a game last night (it was against multiple assassins so I feel like being able to play back and just melt a whole team with Bullet Time was valuable), but I think the auto-heavy build is viable too. The only things I'm positive on is that you really really want Duskblade, Youmuu and Zerks (because together you have unbelievable chase, BT damage, and push), but beyond that her build seems like it'd be pretty versatile. I haven't tried autoattack-heavy MF in forever, but I wonder if firecannon abuse wouldn't be pretty strong for her.

(that said, duskblade did damage vs champions instead of minions with its proc since its rework. It's why I was laughing when people were saying 'MF RUINED' way back when, since just using bushes intelligently made her Q ridiculously hard to deal with. The extra 25 true damage is very welcome though, makes her even more of a zoning nightmare.)

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I really wish I had a replay for that game. I had lots of really funny poo poo. In 3 seconds I literally one shot both kalista and ahri. 3k damage crits pretty fair.

Then shooting a riven charging me twice. She died before she got to me.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Methanar posted:

I really wish I had a replay for that game. I had lots of really funny poo poo. In 3 seconds I literally one shot both kalista and ahri. 3k damage crits pretty fair.

Then shooting a riven charging me twice. She died before she got to me.
You can download old replays by looking at your match history in the new client.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
So how do all the reworks rank against each other? Like I'd probably say Poppy was the most successful while Shen/Yorick are fighting for last place.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

So how do all the reworks rank against each other? Like I'd probably say Poppy was the most successful while Shen/Yorick are fighting for last place.

I think you're forgetting a certain Mr. Mordekaiser in your last place assessment.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'd say Warwick is pretty successful given that he basically didn't exist for the last couple years. If he survives the nerfs he might have coming he'll end up fun and enjoyable, if not a first string jungle pick. In that sense, taking a champion from not played at all to played decently regularly is probably pretty successful. Though the same could be said for Poppy.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Sion
Poppy
Warwick (preliminary)
Fiora
Katarina
Quinn
Corki
Graves
Taric
Ryze
Other Ryze
Darius
Shen
Garen
Yorick
Skarner
Games forums readers stop reading
Riot developers, hello
Mordekaiser

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

shen is fine what are you talking about

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

kingcobweb posted:

Sion
Poppy
Warwick (preliminary)
Fiora
Katarina
Quinn
Corki
Graves
Taric
Ryze
Other Ryze
Darius
Shen
Garen
Yorick
Skarner
Games forums readers stop reading
Riot developers, hello
Mordekaiser

GP, kat and fiora are all poo poo garbage unfun characters now. Ryze needs to be listed at least two more times. Taric needs to be higher. Xerath and anivia reworks should be reverted. Also doesn't mention kog.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Methanar posted:

GP, kat and fiora are all poo poo garbage unfun characters now. Ryze needs to be listed at least two more times. Taric needs to be higher. Xerath and anivia reworks should be reverted. Also doesn't mention kog.

the kog rework is great because all it really ended up doing was re-nerfing his W with a mana cost again

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Methanar posted:

It was off the top of my head. I'd put GP high and Kog just above Morde

I can't even remember Xerath's old kit. I never even played with the old Kayle or Sejuani

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Yeah MF is gross

Orv
May 4, 2011
Jesus christ no wonder Riot's metrics say pick phase takes too long with all these funny loving retards who wait until the last seconds.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Someone type up some words on where Master Yi and Kayle exist in the current metagame, thanks in advance.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Alris posted:

Someone type up some words on where Master Yi and Kayle exist in the current metagame, thanks in advance.

Yi is trash in this early jungle pressure meta.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I dunno if Garen really qualifies as a rework, they just kinda gave him "does more damage to some rear end in a top hat that is probably cross map"

One game of Warwick impression: fun cool good A++ and still pretty newbie friendly

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

rabidsquid posted:

the kog rework is great because all it really ended up doing was re-nerfing his W with a mana cost again

Hey he also kept the execute on r.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Servaetes posted:

I dunno if Garen really qualifies as a rework, they just kinda gave him "does more damage to some rear end in a top hat that is probably cross map"

One game of Warwick impression: fun cool good A++ and still pretty newbie friendly

They've had two garen reworks now that both barely changed anything at all.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alris posted:

Kayle can literally be played in any position except maybe ADC but with Ziggs as a viable ADC that isn't even something I'd say with certainty. She is loads of fun and I have a 70% winrate on her in Bronze 3. :smuggo:

Also, @Wharfinger — after you logged off to restart your client I thought I'd do the same and now I'm stuck unable to reconnect. Welp.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
How the fart do you make warwicks q follow

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Hold down Q when you use it

Work Friend Keven posted:

They've had two garen reworks now that both barely changed anything at all.

First one was the VILLAIN thing what was the other?

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Darth Windu posted:

How the fart do you make warwicks q follow

hold the button

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
His passive change

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Servaetes posted:

hitting a dude with four full ticks of E shreds 35% of his armor for 4 seconds

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Servaetes posted:

Villain thing with w rework was the most recent, passive rework before that, the rework that changed his cc break from e to q + changed his w (again) before that, at some point he lost crit scaling on E but I dont remember when.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

And yeah the most recent change is the free black cleaver on e but it's not really a rework just a weird buff.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Because people don't think. I've seen it on nu Warwick too lol

E: nuwick

... You know warwick has a short cooldown AOE fear now and colosuss is his highest winrate mastery right now yeah?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so in the new client i can move around some mastery or rune pages but not others,

is there a fix for this or some option somewhere that is locking the position of certain pages in the list?

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Darth Windu posted:

Yeah MF is gross

MF ult does hilarious damage if you go the correct build (read: Lethality/BC) and wins teamfights by itself if your team has the slightest bit of CC to prevent the enemies from walking out. It's really quite silly and the only thing that will stop your apocalyptic damage is assassins popping up on you and instamurdering you. But hopefully your tank will peel? (They wont)

So yeah MF is probably one of if not the best ADs in the game at the moment.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Kooriken posted:

MF ult does hilarious damage if you go the correct build (read: Lethality/BC) and wins teamfights by itself if your team has the slightest bit of CC to prevent the enemies from walking out. It's really quite silly and the only thing that will stop your apocalyptic damage is assassins popping up on you and instamurdering you. But hopefully your tank will peel? (They wont)

So yeah MF is probably one of if not the best ADs in the game at the moment.

I went with mash's dusk blade build and I didn't even need the ult lmao

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
MF mid: It works

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

... You know warwick has a short cooldown AOE fear now and colosuss is his highest winrate mastery right now yeah?

Yeah I'm dumb I wasn't thinking about his E, it does make a lot of sense, actually. In my defense, COC technically doesn't say it works with fear, although it clearly does.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

pretty sure Yorick is not a bad rework, the old one was really boring and had fallen way behind in the top lane bully arms race, whereas the new one is pretty fun and a lot more useful at most stages of the game.

the only blatantly bad reworks to me have been Mordekaiser, Skarner (the juggernaut update one), the season 5 Ryze one, and Graves. Also Kogmaw but that got reverted. I think all the full reboot reworks have been great.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

weird thing about skarner is that he's fully functional and plenty strong just incredibly loving boring

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I mean as far as reworks go I don't personally like the Fiora one because I think the heal is out of place but I also prefer it to what she was before, and most of the reworks on champs I actually play I've enjoyed, I even like reworked Mordekaiser before he was nerfed into the ground.

I also don't like this current version of Ryze for the same reason I don't like Fiora, the ult is out of place, but I don't think I've liked any version of Ryze since season 4/5 because I like point and click speed mage who had lifesteal and could just alternate every button for as long as he had mana.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Looks like people are starting to figure out new Talon:

e: or maybe the lethality changes were just really good for him

Lord_Magmar posted:

I mean as far as reworks go I don't personally like the Fiora one because I think the heal is out of place but I also prefer it to what she was before, and most of the reworks on champs I actually play I've enjoyed, I even like reworked Mordekaiser before he was nerfed into the ground.

I also don't like this current version of Ryze for the same reason I don't like Fiora, the ult is out of place, but I don't think I've liked any version of Ryze since season 4/5 because I like point and click speed mage who had lifesteal and could just alternate every button for as long as he had mana.

I think most of the reworks have been decent to good. That being said, the Mordekaiser rework was the dumbest poo poo ever and was appropriately nerfed into the ground. The nineteen million Ryze reworks have all been variably bad, not one of them has really been any good, because they simply can't figure out what they want to do with his kit or really even what kind of champion he's supposed to be.

e2: the current version of Ryze is pretty fun, though, even if it doesn't really have any thematic consistency or make any real sense.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jan 27, 2017

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
New Fiora is really fun you idiots. Way better than old "Q E Q R and pray the enemy is dead" Fiora. Her damage is also gated against proper positioning, i.e. if you don't leave your vitals exposed its really hard for her to kill you.

I will agree that GP is unfun garbage to play against because his whole kit revolves around preventing interactivity with him. Global massive AOE damage with a heavy slow and he just shits out barrels toplane to waveclear so you can't even punish him if he uses his ult on a different lane. AOE crits for 2k damage lategame that he sets up for almost no cost constantly, plus he still takes a poo poo ton of effort to kill because the barrels slow, will do more than half your health bar, and he has a cleansing heal thing that makes him so slippery you just want to kill yourself rather than try to deal with him.

gently caress Gangplank

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

How Rude posted:

New Fiora is really fun you idiots. Way better than old "Q E Q R and pray the enemy is dead" Fiora.

never

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

as much as i loved classic Fiora nuking a whole team with Ravenous Hydra you have to admit it was very one dimensional

• Locked thread