Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

Terrific Accident posted:

I liked Jay's look of legitimate terror and concern as Rich almost knocked over their very expensive cameras.

That part was really good and also the rest of the video, I especially enjoyed all the vistas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Me, personally, I loved Jay's look of terror.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

What do you think the chances are these guys are goons

I know one of their original crew was, he tried to promote his crappy movie on here way way back and got laughed out
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443520/?ref_=nm_knf_i2

The post is here somewhere if you've got archives

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The Archaic posted:

Oh I watched Hacksaw Ridge today and it was phenomenal. Also had way better characters and more joy than Rogue One.
Its amazing that its taken so long to make a movie about that guy's story, Audie Murphy wanted to get that movie made in the 50s

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mike did you say Star Wars?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
lmao, that was legit terror from Jay, awesome.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

WampaLord posted:

Personally, I also loved that, and also me, personally, I loved Rich's laughter whenever he saw a new piece of "official" "Star Wars" "merch". Personally.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Haha, gently caress. Collider put out a one hour video talking about the title right after Nerd Crew came out.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I really like the blend of scripted stuff with stuff where they just break character completely. It's a nice blend :3:

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I know one of their original crew was, he tried to promote his crappy movie on here way way back and got laughed out

Oh god was that the movie about some kid living on his own and he's essentially making an Office style thing, where he sold it as The Office meets Seinfeld or some bullshit? That was one of the funniest loving threads.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

Also post any legit podcast that references Nerd Crew in this thread thanks

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Archaic posted:

Also post any legit podcast that references Nerd Crew in this thread thanks

https://youtu.be/2xjc_tYIQ_E

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Loved the new Nerd Crew. It's funny how hard Rich Evans can make me laugh along with him. Had tears in my eyes over the Rey action figure.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

What time do they mention RLM, don't make me sit through this garbage.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Archaic posted:

What time do they mention RLM, don't make me sit through this garbage.

My mistake, I misread your post as "podcasts that Nerd Crew references."

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

No worries, the troll comments on that video were worth it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

The Archaic posted:

No worries, the troll comments on that video were worth it.

Yeah this lmao

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
the real rear end rich laughter and the real rear end jay horror were great followups to the real rear end not giving a gently caress improv plinkett plot in the last hitb. i lvoe rlm.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WampaLord posted:

IT BROKE THE FOURTH WALL!!!

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

Wait you say this like this series isn't literally the funniest thing RLM has ever done. (and that's a high bar)

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

The problem with Josh is that his whole persona is way more in line with the spergy geek culture youtube shows that The Nerd Crew is making fun of.

He lacks any sort of comedic voice or ability to read the room. The only thing he does well on is re:view, where the format encourages obsessively focusing on one narrow subject.

Yeah, Jack at least ranges from not funny to every once in awhile funny. And he's likeable as a human.

Josh is anti-comedy.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I still like Josh, but he works best on best of the worst.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

1) Mike
2) Jay/Rich
3) Jack
4) Jessi
5) Canadians
6) Gillian
7) Max Landis
19) Josh

You're rating Max Landis higher than Len Kabasinski? :eng99:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I noticed that Landis based some of Gordon Rimmer's mannerisms in his Dirk Gently show off of Harry S Plinkett.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Arcsquad12 posted:

I noticed that Landis based some of Gordon Rimmer's mannerisms in his Dirk Gently show off of Harry S Plinkett.

most likely coincidental

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Arcsquad12 posted:

It is true. And I haven't seen RLM commenting on that in any way yet. I imagine they joked about it on the upcoming BotW with Landis.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Classic Gilchrist.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The irony will be that their Reybusters figure will become something that people will start to make and sell as a cool fan collectible.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Arcsquad12 posted:

And dirk gently is himself doing his best max landis impression.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That BB8 watch has excellent comedic timing.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do the actual lootcrates and their ilk sometimes contain random cheapo toys rebranded for the theme of the month or is it an exaggeration?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Stickfigure posted:

Do the actual lootcrates and their ilk sometimes contain random cheapo toys rebranded for the theme of the month or is it an exaggeration?

Most of them contain those big-headed FunkoPop figures that are complete poo poo and are basically repainted versions of the same thing for the most part. There are also often things like Captain America socks (an actual item) or, get this, an inflatable loving crown that is not even branded.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Stickfigure posted:

From what I gather, it's a mix of overstock dollar store poo poo and leftover promotional materials. And T-shirts.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

PostNouveau posted:

From what I gather, it's a mix of overstock dollar store poo poo and leftover promotional materials. And T-shirts.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao at that Collider video, I never realised that's specifically what they were parodying and it's so spot on.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lmao at that Collider video, I never realised that's specifically what they were parodying and it's so spot on.

The best part is that episode came out after Nerd Crew 2 by about an hour.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It looked like Jay more concerned about the cameras as he knows Rich Evens the National Treasure is invincible.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Holy poo poo.
Felicity Jones has like two lines in that and she's a charisma vacuum.
Why does she get cast in anything?
Everything I've seen her in she looks bored and like she really wants to be somewhere else.
I call this the Sam Worthington conundrum.

Yes.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Could we please have a gif of Panicked Jay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
http://imgur.com/HzT8BGs.gif
http://imgur.com/HzT8BGs.mp4

Changed to links for size.

Oben fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jan 27, 2017

• Locked thread