Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I love the IS-3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Prav posted:

they're buffing the E 75? what the gently caress

https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/01/26/9-17-1-patchnotes-tank-changes/

that aim speed/turret bloom change is not minor either

lol.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

quote:

T110E5
– Reduced armor for commander cupola
– Armor at side of the roller is reduced from 254 to 76.2 mm.

Ofc I am on the M103...gotta finish my grind soon to enjoy the OP goodness.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Buffing the E75 seems like a bad idea. The rest of the changes seem pretty good, maybe with -3s to reload the Maus gun won't be awful!

Steelion fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 26, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

McGavin posted:

You're going to love this:
VK 30.02 D
– Traverse speed for second turret changed from 30°/sec to 45°/sec
– Traverse speed or first turret changed from 32°/sec to 45°/sec
– Penetration of projectile Pzgr 40 for 8.8 cm Kw.K. 36 L/56 was changed from 171 mm to 194 mm
– Maximum speed changed from 56 kph to 60 kph
– Engine power 507 MB changed from 720 hp up to 800 hp

Edit: Also, Panther II is getting the 8.8 cm Kw.K. L / 100 :lol::lol::lol:

That....cannot be right. 194mm of pen, substantially higher mobility and 45 degree/s turret traverse would make the VK better than almost every tier 8 medium.

I'm not crazy right? The VK3002D is actually good right now, if difficult to play and it struggles against tier 9s because of the bad pen. I cannot imagine the tank being anything but absurd even with just that pen increase, but getting an extremely quick turret and even better speed seems nuts.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the statistic are really lovely from the very dumbest scrub retards driving it backwards while using the 7,5. buff buff buff buff

the turret change is big too, the slow-rear end turret was one of its bigger drawbacks

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Hellsau posted:

That....cannot be right. 194mm of pen, substantially higher mobility and 45 degree/s turret traverse would make the VK better than almost every tier 8 medium.

That'd be the new gold pen, or are you assuming all prem all the time?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

the statistic are really lovely from the very dumbest scrub retards driving it backwards while using the 7,5. buff buff buff buff

the turret change is big too, the slow-rear end turret was one of its bigger drawbacks

45 degree turret traverse is some of the highest in the game right? The T-54 gets a bit more, the T-62A gets 50, the 140 gets 41.7, etc.

God drat Wargaming are bad at this poo poo.

The Merry Marauder posted:

That'd be the new gold pen, or are you assuming all prem all the time?

I already shoot 90% gold from the VK. I'll switch to the 145 pen shells when I can save money, but I'm not playing the tank to make money, I'm playing it to win games and have fun crushing the enemy tanks underfoot.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

45 degree turret traverse is some of the highest in the game right? The T-54 gets a bit more, the T-62A gets 50, the 140 gets 41.7, etc.

God drat Wargaming are bad at this poo poo.

it's pretty common for meds to be in the 36-45 range. high-tier lights are 44+ with some breaking 50. also remember that tanks.gg includes a 110% gunner and turret traverse is skill-driven

it does make it one of very few german tanks to have good turret traverse though

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Havent played in 6 months, click the thread, see mentions of buffs on tanks, go "Oh cool maybe that shitbox German T9 I have will be worthwhi-"

quote:

VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. B
– Spread during movement with first suspension reduced from 0.23 to 022.
– Dispersion of 12.8 cm Kw.K. 44 L / 55 for the second turret changed from 0.38 m to 0.37
– Dispersion of 12.8 cm Kw.K. 44 L / 55 in the second turret during rotation changed from 0.16 to 0.13
– Aim time for 12,8 cm Kw.K. 44 L / 55 for the second turret changed from 2.9 seconds. to 2.6 seconds.
– Time gun aiming 12,8 cm Kw.K. 44 L / 55 for the second turret changed from 2.9 seconds. to 2.6 seconds
– Lower plate armor reduced from 200 to 170 mm
– Hull side armor increased from 100 to 120 mm
– Removed vulnerable zones in the upper plate armor

Oh. Um. :geno:

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

30.02D buffs :vince:

Now they just need to buff the M7 and my tanks experience will be complete.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

So when will the tier 10 lights be in?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

^^ KTTS

Archenteron posted:

Havent played in 6 months, click the thread, see mentions of buffs on tanks, go "Oh cool maybe that shitbox German T9 I have will be worthwhi-"

uh, did you miss the last time they touched the ausf b? because it's been pretty good!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

So when will the tier 10 lights be in?

As soon as their marketing department finds a good way to sell you on the idea of 900 dpm tier 10 lights

e: that said if you gave me a light tank with the FV215b gun on a 90s reload I'd probably play it :v:

Azhais fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 27, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Prav posted:

All those other changes as well...jesus. The 88 L56 gets a 194 pen round? The Panther gets a ROF boost to 4 seconds before vents/BIA. Maus gets a ROF and aimtime boost, along with a bunch of pretty massive armor buffs, E50 gets 3 extra degrees of depression...and it goes on.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I'm waiting to see how this one gets pinned on Russian Bias.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

buffs to german tanks are hard evidence of them being kept short earlier due to russian bias.

this previous history of russian bias is hard evidence of german tanks continuing to be kept short due to russian bias.

a lack of further buffs to german tanks is hard evidence of them being kept short due to russian bias.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Prav posted:

buffs to german tanks are hard evidence of them being kept short earlier due to russian bias.

this previous history of russian bias is hard evidence of german tanks continuing to be kept short due to russian bias.

a lack of further buffs to german tanks is hard evidence of them being kept short due to russian bias.

All too plausible unfortunately.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

"coward runner" that is a new one honestly.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
"You don't know how to play autoloaders right. See I'm an expert and in my experience you're only supposed to get off one drum before dying. Waiting for a reload takes too long when you're failing your way forward at a 42% win rate, so only cowards and idiots even try."

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

:negative:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

to be fair, they all deserved it

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

I'd like the Churchill GC as a premium, prem matchmaking tier 5 tank. Or a regular matchmaking tier 4.

Edit: With all the same stats, of course.

Oh you sweet Summer child, you really did get Stockholm Syndrome'd by the CGC. :allears:

BadLlama posted:

How is the object 430? With having the 121 I figured id go for the opposite spectrum next. High DPM, low alpha, poo poo depression as well.

It's ~slightly different~ from the other two tier 10 RU MTs! :homebrew:

McGavin posted:

Edit: Also, Panther II is getting the 8.8 cm Kw.K. L / 100 :lol::lol::lol:

We already talked about this in the thread; anyways, at least the 88/100 will get some use now! Now they just have to find a TD to put that BL-9S on!

Also, wasn't there a 105 L/100 at some point? :ninja:

McGavin posted:

Wow, just because they no longer see tier 10 they need to be nerfed that bad?

Prav posted:

When has Wargaming ever given you the impression that they know what they're doing? :doh:

Archenteron posted:

Yeah, they overbuffed the VK45B a while ago; the lower glacis has been tougher than the upper (since they were the same thickness and typically the lower will present a worse angle to downward-arcing shells on level ground.)

Hellsau alt account spotted.

(Also, you're not supposed to actually get banned, you TK just enough to be blue in the garage 100% of the time. :ssh:)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

That is a substantial ban, good work homie.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I just noticed the duration. :stare: Correct me if I'm wrong, though, but don't you get a 1-hour ban after like 2 TKs in a single battle or something? How the hell do you get to the point where you can even earn a month-long ban?!

Also, ROFLBurger, you're "butte" in-game, right? I think a pubbie complained to me about you for some random TK a couple weeks ago. :rolleyes: I told him something along the lines of, "I'll have top men work on it right now. Top...men...." :3:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Also, ROFLBurger, you're "butte" in-game, right? I think a pubbie complained to me about you for some random TK a couple weeks ago.

it's very rarely random and very often deserved

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

it's very rarely random and very often deserved

All of my TKing has been deserved and I've managed not to get a 30-day ban. :colbert:

He was probably randomly TKing in order to get such a huge ban; maybe he took our "1v29" comments seriously. :shrug:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Prav posted:

^^ KTTS

uh, did you miss the last time they touched the ausf b? because it's been pretty good!

Atomizer posted:

Yeah, they overbuffed the VK45B a while ago

What is this world I return to

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Prav posted:

E50 dpm buff?

– Reload time gun 8.8 cm Kw.K. L/100 for the second turret changed from 6.6 seconds. to 5.5 seconds.
– Reload time gun 8.8 cm Kw.K. 43 L/71 changed into the second turret from 7 seconds to 5.5 seconds

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

wargames posted:

E50 dpm buff?

– Reload time gun 8.8 cm Kw.K. L/100 for the second turret changed from 6.6 seconds. to 5.5 seconds.
– Reload time gun 8.8 cm Kw.K. 43 L/71 changed into the second turret from 7 seconds to 5.5 seconds

Not on the 105mm, but it makes the long 88 less of a loving catastrophe if someone falls for the pubbie trap. Then again, the long 88 being grindable from the Panther 2 also makes that line basically the best line to go up for a recruit account by a mile.

e: yeah you can use the long 88 on the E50's stock turret, I mean the VK 3001H is kind of whatever but the tier 6-9 grinds seem easy.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jan 27, 2017

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Not on the 105mm, but it makes the long 88 less of a loving catastrophe if someone falls for the pubbie trap. Then again, the long 88 being grindable from the Panther 2 also makes that line basically the best line to go up for a recruit account by a mile.

e: yeah you can use the long 88 on the E50's stock turret, I mean the VK 3001H is kind of whatever but the tier 6-9 grinds seem easy.

This is exactly what I did like a year-and-a-half ago, except of course without the benefit of this upcoming buff. I'd still recommend it even without this change.

The Douchewagen was probably the biggest turd of that line, and the 3001H is more disappointing than anything else, being neither a true HT nor anything resembling a respectable MT anymore. The 3002M is kind of boring (the 3001D is better) and the Panther 2 was a slog both because of the poor gun handling and the sheer amount of XP required to get out of it. Then you're rewarded by the glorious E50, which makes everything better! :allears: Protip: free XP the top gun AND the engine immediately.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

This is exactly what I did like a year-and-a-half ago, except of course without the benefit of this upcoming buff. I'd still recommend it even without this change.

The Douchewagen was probably the biggest turd of that line, and the 3001H is more disappointing than anything else, being neither a true HT nor anything resembling a respectable MT anymore. The 3002M is kind of boring (the 3001D is better) and the Panther 2 was a slog both because of the poor gun handling and the sheer amount of XP required to get out of it. Then you're rewarded by the glorious E50, which makes everything better! :allears: Protip: free XP the top gun AND the engine immediately.

I really liked the 3002M, I hated the Panther and Panther 2, and the E50 is fantastic but had a horrible stock grind. Now the E50's stock grind appears to be perfectly reasonable with the long 88 after the DPM buff and being unlockable on the Panther 2, the Panther gets actual good damage output, and the Panther 2 is probably going to suck still unless the long 88 turns out to be good on it. The Panther 2 had major module damage issues while being unexceptional and mostly just worse than the FCM for me - I don't know if a comically large gun will make it enjoyable enough for me to farm a T95E2.

oh also:

quote:

VK 30.01 D
– Second suspension traverse changed from 38 to 40
– Reload for 7.5 cm Kw.K. 42 L / 70 for the second turret changed from 4.4 seconds to 4.2 seconds
– Traverse speed of first turret changed from 32 °/ sec to 35 ° / s
– Trsverse speed of second turret changed from 32 ° / sec to 45 ° / s
– Maximum speed forward changed from 56 km / h to 60 km / h

German Cromwell is actually going to be a Cromwell I guess?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Warcrimes Panther is becoming a bit less poo poo too :o

I think the Ausf B is getting better armour overall, right? The lower hull was insane, and the buff to upper and side hull will help, if people don't just pen your turret face.

What does the E5 armour nerf mean? " Armor at side of the roller is reduced from 254 to 76.2 mm." Is that on the sides of the lower plate? Did it have a 254mm area on its side somewhere? :confused:

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Atomizer posted:

Also, wasn't there a 105 L/100 at some point? :ninja:

They tested it as an alternative top gun for the 4502B at some point early in the beta if I remember correctly
, seems like it was tested on the E-75 during an early supertest when they were adding the E tanks as an alternate heavy line. It looked exactly as hilarious as you imagine it.

^^^I sincerely hope the W.C. Panther stops being worthless as that is 5000 gold I will never get back :negative:

Mr.48 fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jan 27, 2017

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Atomizer posted:

He was probably randomly TKing in order to get such a huge ban; maybe he took our "1v29" comments seriously. :shrug:

This was likely it, as I've gotten a week chatban for just saying that in the general chat channel thingy.

e: Nothing for any of the stuff I learned from Shanky though.

e2: poo poo I read your original comment wrong. Still may be right if they can actually read minds this entire time and every lovely decision was chosen specifically to cause the most pain possible.

subhelios fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jan 27, 2017

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Any changes to the premium panther 8.8?

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Darkrenown posted:

What does the E5 armour nerf mean? " Armor at side of the roller is reduced from 254 to 76.2 mm." Is that on the sides of the lower plate? Did it have a 254mm area on its side somewhere? :confused:

Currently the only spots that have 254mm armor on the E5 are a couple small areas of the turret face, and across a large area of the upper hull.

e: oh wait if you shoot the front track wheel from the side there's a 254mm bit of armor directly behind it, that's probably what they mean.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Woah the type 4 and type 5 are getting a 15cm. I hope that isn't the same one from the O-I.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Any changes to the premium panther 8.8?

Didnt they already buff it in the last patch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Yeah but doesnt this latest change mean the panther II gets the same gun?