Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Detective No. 27 posted:

Eh, I'd say in that case might as well wait until they unveil whatever Scorpio is.

That was actually the plan. I was kidding about getting the white one.

I won't get a scorpio at launch, though. I'd wait and see if an exclusive shows up that I want. Hoping for Sunset Overdrive 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

Hoping for Sunset Overdrive 2.

insomniac got burned on that deal and the ip is probably dead as insomniac's main team is going to be making spiderman for a decade.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

slenderman for a decade?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Not a Children posted:

I'm guessing opting for a brick on the end instead of the middle is primarily a safety thing. They assume the charger would be moved and oocasionally damaged by its users, and the design intent was to minimize the chance of coming into contact with A/C after a fray

Nah probably not

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How will I know if I get the right screen in this thing?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

How will I know if I get the right screen in this thing?

It will turn to on

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I've only heard of the Switch having one type of screen so far, a 6.2" IPS panel with something like 330 PPI. Supposedly looks really good in person. 1080p would've been nice; hopefully most/all current smartphone displays don't put it to too much shame. Eh, it's also less than half the price of most of the smartphones that would, and it'll play actual good games.

Unlike on the 3DS where it doesn't matter because all of the screens suck anyway, I hope Nintendo doesn't flub it this time by having different panels. The thought of a game as contrasty and vibrant as Splatoon 2 constantly looking washed out due to gyro controls sounds like some bad fake news waiting to happen.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I love the IPS screen deniers. They are so cute.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

They will have two screen types, but everyone online will just argue they're both the same and tell you to buy the lovely one

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Where can I get all these darn dog comics. I love it, it is so cute.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Spellman posted:

They will have two screen types, but everyone online will just argue they're both the same and tell you to buy the lovely one

loving idiots.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

BambooEarpick posted:

Where can I get all these darn dog comics. I love it, it is so cute.

You will regret this.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I love those stories about people who return like 15 3DSes because they have the wrong screen or whatever

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I find them inspiring.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

robot roll call posted:

I love those stories about people who return like 15 3DSes because they have the wrong screen or whatever

What's this?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Infinitum posted:

What's this?
Sometimes companies silently source displays from multiple different suppliers in a single manufacturing run, and sometimes there are noticeable differences in picture quality between the panels. I'm not familiar with what exactly happened with the 3DS but my understanding is that there was nothing on the packaging that would indicate which kind of display a given unit had, so people were essentially gambling for getting the "good" display every time they bought one.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

The Switch will probably have a pretty nice screen considering the screen makes up like 90% of the console.

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

robot roll call posted:

just think what good these people could have brought to the world if they just put their efforts in more meaningful endeavors

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Infinitum posted:

What's this?

The New 3DS XL has two different top screen possibilities, an IPS panel and a TN panel. There's no way of knowing which one you'll get until you open it and turn it on. The IPS panel is tuned for higher contrast (blown-out greys/blacks) while the TN panel doesn't have enough contrast (what's "black"?) The TN panel washes out when tilted beyond a 45-degree angle but nobody plays a 3DS at a 45-degree angle. Both screens look as lovely as you'd expect a 240p screen to look, but some people have to have da best of da best, which is unanimously considered to be the IPS panel because it doesn't wash out at a 45-degree angle, I guess. I think I've covered all bases, here.

I had a New 3DS XL with an IPS screen and traded it for a New 3DS with a TN screen to downsize. I liked the richness of the colors on the XL, but also like the overall color accuracy of the TN screen. I don't miss not being able to see a god damned thing in certain dark Monster Hunter zones.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My 3DS plays Zelda and Pokemon

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Cicadas! posted:

You will regret this.

Jesus, can someone please just find me all the non-bukkake switch dog cartoons? Apparently that's all I get when I try to look for switch dog images.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BambooEarpick posted:

Jesus, can someone please just find me all the non-bukkake switch dog cartoons? Apparently that's all I get when I try to look for switch dog images.

Here are most of the Non-Sticking-A-Dick-In-Switch-Dog Switch Dog comics

Infinitum posted:

Also Switch Dog

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

No idea what's the deal with that Switch dog but I love those comics

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

No idea what's the deal with that Switch dog but I love those comics

Switch Controller looks like a dog.

So Switch Dog

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

enojy posted:

The New 3DS XL has two different top screen possibilities, an IPS panel and a TN panel. There's no way of knowing which one you'll get until you open it and turn it on. The IPS panel is tuned for higher contrast (blown-out greys/blacks) while the TN panel doesn't have enough contrast (what's "black"?) The TN panel washes out when tilted beyond a 45-degree angle but nobody plays a 3DS at a 45-degree angle. Both screens look as lovely as you'd expect a 240p screen to look, but some people have to have da best of da best, which is unanimously considered to be the IPS panel because it doesn't wash out at a 45-degree angle, I guess. I think I've covered all bases, here.

Isn't the bottom screen TN no matter which way or something?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I find that dog thing a bit disgusting.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I totally knew that dog was going to get hosed, the first time I saw that comic.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Who isn't a fan of lovingly rendered dog rear end

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Raserys posted:

Who isn't a fan of lovingly rendered dog rear end

Me.

Let's try not to post creepy anthropomorphic dog art.

The gif with the red background is fine. The ones with the dog dressed up in dominatrix gear or sexualised buttocks is not.

I also dislike the fact that I just typed out that sentence.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

This but with the patented Nintendo VR headset

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This, but unironically.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

hot take : the eventual Nintendo VR will use Joycons or a newer version. They're already pretty close to being VR controllers as is. I can easily imagine Switch VR being a dock you strap to your face.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The correct Switch dog is this:

The cute thing about it is that it has the body of a dog, because it is a dog. Why would you take this pure friendly puppo and turn it into some horny nude lolicon thing.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is this someone who has been paralyzed?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Paralyzed by awesomeness

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is this someone who has been paralyzed?

Paralysed by a good idea

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Here's the Euro power converter. IDGAF since it's just going behind some crap under the TV stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Infinitum posted:

Switch Controller looks like a dog.

So Switch Dog

I get where it comes from, I mean whether Switch dog is retarded or lewd or whatever

it's awesome

• Locked thread