Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Big Ink posted:

I'm not quite sure what it is I'm seeing.

Green stuff boobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

mango sentinel posted:

Green stuff boobs

Oh oh. I just thought it was 2 figures mashed together

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Hell it looks pregnant too

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
I thought the stomach was a bioshockesq head/helmet

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I thought I was looking at a hosed up techno scrunt wearing a galea until the boobs were pointed out.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Belisarius Cawl was feeling a little down after hearing about Cadia, so he cheered himself up by finally getting that boob job he'd always wanted.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

It's stuff like this that saddens me. This is pretty cool Mechanicus conversion, it captures that weird science 40k wibe, but then the composition is ruined by giant green stuff titties.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lord Hypnostache posted:

It's stuff like this that saddens me. This is pretty cool Mechanicus conversion, it captures that weird science 40k wibe, but then the composition is ruined by giant green stuff titties.
The model isn't a conversion other than the green stuff boobs. It's an official 40k model.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Safety Factor posted:

The model isn't a conversion other than the green stuff boobs. It's an official 40k model.

:wtc: GW. do you have a link to the original model? or a name, its weird looking anyway at that angle

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

working mom posted:

:wtc: GW. do you have a link to the original model? or a name, its weird looking anyway at that angle

Cawl from the new Imperium Triumvirate - https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Gathering-Storm-Triumvirate-of-the-Imperium

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

working mom posted:

Here you go:

You can also find a full 360 degree view of this guy on GW's site.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Gathering-Storm-Triumvirate-of-the-Imperium

Edit: Beaten :argh:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

SteelMentor posted:

giant flesh bags
not putting warheads, fuel canisters, or plasma orbs in their place
That's truly the work of a deviant.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Makes the model a little easier to paint by covering up some of that crazy detail

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
If you don't want crazy detail, why would you order that in the first place?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

You do have a point there.

On the other hand, GW doesb't sell it separately, it's bundled with the absolutely amazing new Celestine and simply good Inquisitor models.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

working mom posted:

If the middle bit is a head then it looks like 2 short monstrosities stacked on top of each other, all they are missing is a trench coat to look like 1 big one

I'm not picturing one of the bosses fro Demon's Crest - it looks like an insect-centaur-type monstrosity but is actually two monsters, one scuttling crab-thing and the 'head' is a smaller monster. It actually lobs the little fucker at you.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Hell it looks pregnant too
It's called lordosis and it's signalling the Magos is in heat.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Christ, even the official painted one looks weird, I can only imagine it was made as a bet that the modeler couldn't make a saleable model from using the entire contents of a necron bits box in 1 go

JcDent
May 13, 2013

They took the design portfolios for both AdMech and Mechanicum, then scrambled the contents together.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
That's like saying they scrambled Astartes and Space Marines together mate. Same thing ain't it?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I'm glad someone else sees the scrunt hidden in plain sight.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Naw, one is 40k and the other 30k (by FW)

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

JcDent posted:

They took the design portfolios for both AdMech and Mechanicum, then scrambled the contents together.

Apparently fluffwise this dude *is* about ten thousand years old so it would make sense he's got some bits of 30K look to him, too.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
That dude is one of the raddest models GW has produced in a long time.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

JcDent posted:

When CAD design meets a designer who really doesn't know when to stop copy pasting stuff.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I'll put it this way, in the Fall of Cadia book Trazyn basically sasses him out for being a weirdass toaster lover.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

JcDent posted:

for both AdMech and Mechanicum
Remind me again, what's the difference?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Pierzak posted:

Remind me again, what's the difference?

Same organization 10k years apart

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Wildly different robits, too.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Also slightly differing philosophies. While both had the whole thing with machine spirits, data-djinni and the like down pat, the Mechanicum actually aimed to research and develop new technologies, instead of just digging up bits of old datacores and such.

When the Mechanicum went through its schism during the Heresy, the Dark Mechanicum generally ended up with the wildest, most off-the-wall magi whose inventions were already borderline unsanctioned - one of Horus' promises to them was a complete lift on all restrictions on reasearch - so after the Heresy, the remainder (who would eventually become the 'modern' Adeptus Mechanicus) were mostly left with the most hidebound, conservative, innovation-and-invention-are-a-sin-and-we-must-stick-with-the-knowledge-of-the-ancients science-as-religion types.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
A friend found this Scrunt Ancient in a relative's collection of old minis.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

glitchkrieg posted:

..is it GW? Looks kind of familiar.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

glitchkrieg posted:

holy poo poo it actually has a scrunt face!

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

glitchkrieg posted:

Excuse me this is the best of the best and NOT the best of the worst. Wrong thread.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
also shoulder sockets ABOVE the head is EXTREMELY scrunty

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
That's an incredible scrunt, 11/10

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Some sort of chorf warp-spawn? It has the feel of the early 90's stuff.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

glitchkrieg posted:

The Ur-Scrunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

glitchkrieg posted:

I love this.