Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Hahahaha oh god this update gets more amazing. Is it kosher to discuss spoilers here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Olpainless posted:

Hahahaha oh god this update gets more amazing. Is it kosher to discuss spoilers here?

Everyone's going to have a different experience, so unless it relates to floors that haven't come up yet or pasts that need to be killed or secret characters I don't know about (I've exhausted the base game and haven't touched supply drop yet), go for it!

If it does relate to those things, I'd say go to the Games Gungeon thread for now.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

dscruffy1 posted:

Everyone's going to have a different experience, so unless it relates to floors that haven't come up yet or pasts that need to be killed or secret characters I don't know about (I've exhausted the base game and haven't touched supply drop yet), go for it!

If it does relate to those things, I'd say go to the Games Gungeon thread for now.

I've dropped it in the main thread. Read at your own risk, etc.

On none-spoilery notes, a lot of the new layouts are pretty good, and some of the new items are interesting. Magic bullets are very powerful (transmog owns and is why I think most guns with it should be A tier).

Kind of wish there was a mode to buy items to start with for Hegemony Credits though. I want to, at least once, just stack every single one of the shot or bullet-duplicating items, and go to town.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Lazy Bear posted:

Not mine, but a quick Google search brought this up:

I'm late on this, but how are you supposed to differentiate walls that aren't facing the in-game camera? It's easy to see on a north wall, but how is it visually represented on an east, south, or west wall?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Here's the last pre-supply drop update, featuring the Hunter! Also there's a lot of dead space between 9 minutes and 13 minutes, feel free to skip it.

One Floor Deeper/Polsy

Who's next to ENTER THE GUNGEON?

Next update will be...SUPPLY DROP'D.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
:ssh: There is actually a Speedrun mode in the gameplay config menu.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

KieranWalker posted:

I'm late on this, but how are you supposed to differentiate walls that aren't facing the in-game camera? It's easy to see on a north wall, but how is it visually represented on an east, south, or west wall?

Look at the top row of bricks. It's still visible.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Holy cow, what a run! That was incredibly close at times!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Huh, can you still do the Pasts once you've unlocked the sixth chamber or does it always drag you down to bullet hell?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

For Winchester, I think you only ever need to shoot bullets at a 90 or 45 degree angle.

Edit: Also, any time you see a shrine room that has a path leading off to a place with no door? That's a secret room.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Olpainless posted:

Look at the top row of bricks. It's still visible.

I zoomed in in paint. Not a rigorous analysis, but I'm sure that's the exact same color as the rest of the "top of the wall" bricks.

Unless you mean the top row that's still room-facing, which isn't visible on the side or bottom walls either.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose
Y'know, for all the poo poo you talked about the Molotov Launcher and Antibody, they seemed to do you pretty good.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Those were interesting noises you made at certain times, also you are shittingly good at this game. I'm never gonna attempt it because I am bad at bullet hells... and this game has a literal one.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Oh yeah. The Hegemony Credits? You don't need to pick 'em up. They'll go to you automatically if you leave the room.

Edit: Ah, you got the Scrambler. THAT'S the ultimate combo with Ghost Bullets. It's practically perfect.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 27, 2017

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Wow that was the most entertaining episode yet. Keep 'em coming. :allears:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Zore posted:

Huh, can you still do the Pasts once you've unlocked the sixth chamber or does it always drag you down to bullet hell?

You can still do the pasts once you unlock the sixth chamber! You just have to walk around the gaping hole in the floor that will drag you down the hell.

Spudd posted:

Those were interesting noises you made at certain times.

It's a feature of my live commentary :v:

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I feel the need to point out that scruffy calls the Antibodies an over priced piece of garbage at a time when he would have been dead with out it.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Also charm is really good because enemies do a ton of damage to each other. Also it means one less enemy shooting at you.

Trust your charm, scruffy.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
The corgi did let you know that was a mimic and the dog doesn't like mimics.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I like how you had five keys and still blew up the brown chest. It's the principle of the thing after all.

Also, the Crossbow with the reload reduction seems like a really solid weapon.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
So, uh, I encountered Bullet Hell for the first time without watching this video, literally 10 minutes ago. I had one heart.

I was basically shouting "What the gently caress, oh god please don't kill me" constantly. Scruffy is ridiculously good at this game.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
I lasted 6 rooms in bullet hell.

Game pulls out all the stops

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Samuel Clemens posted:

I like how you had five keys and still blew up the brown chest. It's the principle of the thing after all.
There's actually a good reason to blow up brown chests in the Supply Drop update. A very good reason but it's a secret.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wow, I just kind of watched in awe at that Scrambler performance. You didn't even need half the clip to knock the Dragun into phase 2.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
Now that supply drop is out I can finally mention my favorite two item combo in the game, Crown of Guns + Remote Bullets. Realy any powerful but inaccurate gun is amazing with remote bullets, but the crown of guns gos from a silly gimmick to a deadly storm of bullets that melts everything in the room and shreds bosses faster then almost anything else.

Actuly most of the new passives are great for one reason or another, but that's the most game breaking one.

Vorpal Cat fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 28, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

discworld is all I read posted:

There's actually a good reason to blow up brown chests in the Supply Drop update. A very good reason but it's a secret.

To be fair, it's only really worth it if you're dedicating a run to it and destroying just about every chest you see.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
That sounds like a fairly good challenge actually.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

The issue with turning enemies into chickens is that they don't drop anything. And until they made mimics immune to it this included them as well.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Just started playing Enter the Gungeon for the first time because of the update and the sale. Dang, this game. It's really hard to keep up with all the keys you have to keep in mind at all times. Remembering your dodge roll is hard enough (you also have to get used to dodge rolling aggressively--- rolling away can get you hit or, even if you time it right, you can end up pinned in a corner), remembering to reload is an early challenge, and remembering to blank is a big problem for me. Oh sure I can get out of this jam by dodging OH NOPE.

I've played 7 games so far, the first few I died fast, but I've cleared the floor and gotten to the boss three times (Gatling Gull twice and the Bullet King once). I almost killed the Bullet King too, thanks to a Winchester Rifle that I lockpicked from a brown chest, but couldn't decipher his bullet pattern in time.

Tough, but rewarding game when you actually do good, is my experience in my like one hour so far.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Pretty obvious, but if anyone was wondering what was up with Frifle and the Grey Mauser:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fafhrd_and_the_Gray_Mouser

See also: Any novel by Scott Lynch (who rips them off hard)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

JT Jag posted:

Just started playing Enter the Gungeon for the first time because of the update and the sale. Dang, this game. It's really hard to keep up with all the keys you have to keep in mind at all times. Remembering your dodge roll is hard enough (you also have to get used to dodge rolling aggressively--- rolling away can get you hit or, even if you time it right, you can end up pinned in a corner), remembering to reload is an early challenge, and remembering to blank is a big problem for me. Oh sure I can get out of this jam by dodging OH NOPE.

I've mapped blank and reload to my mouse's two thumb buttons, just because I want to use them quickly while moving

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if it works this way on KB+M, but on a controller you can reload just by pulling the trigger when you've got an empty magazine. Saves having to take your finger off said trigger.

Only thing I haven't quite figured out is what to assign the map to... only button I've got left is down on the D-pad, which makes quick-selecting teleporters kinda difficult.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
With all the puns in this game it always angered me that the Hegemony Credits aren't just called Hegemoney.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Trick Question posted:

I zoomed in in paint. Not a rigorous analysis, but I'm sure that's the exact same color as the rest of the "top of the wall" bricks.

Unless you mean the top row that's still room-facing, which isn't visible on the side or bottom walls either.

This is how a bottom wall secret looks. It's still pretty visible. (Also note: Mimic! Which gave me Chance Bullets! And the secret room is double keyed. This is gonna be a good run.)

Edit: Update - And the second boss dropped Black Hole Gun. And I've got a MAC10. Teeheehee!
Double Edit: And now Mourning Star. Which goes off pretty regularly due to it's high ammo count, a Black Market with Shelleton Key (And me having steal!) Only thing that could make this run more stupid at this point would be Clone.

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jan 28, 2017

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I've died twice to Wallmonger in the two Supply Drop runs I've done, one was a normal run and the other was a challenge run. This is gonna be magical.

e: also some youtube dude is calling me a douchebag for dunking on the molotov launcher. :siren:THE MOLOTOV LAUNCHER IS loving GARBAGE.:siren:

dscruffy1 fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jan 28, 2017

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
If we're talking about curious post-Supply drop encounters, I saw a red chest on the first floor, which while possible is pretty unlikely. It was wasted on me though.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I found a black chest with dark marker on the first floor

I died to the second floor boss

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I haven't even ventured into The Gungeon Proper yet. Still in the deep freeze after my second run of the first floor, considerably less well-armed than my first go-around. We'll see how badly I get my rear end handed to me when I get off work this afternoon.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

dscruffy1 posted:

I've died twice to Wallmonger in the two Supply Drop runs I've done, one was a normal run and the other was a challenge run. This is gonna be magical.

e: also some youtube dude is calling me a douchebag for dunking on the molotov launcher. :siren:THE MOLOTOV LAUNCHER IS loving GARBAGE.:siren:

The molotov launcher is good when you can get a chokepoint somehow, not so much in any other situation :v:
There's definitely weapons that do a better job at locking down chokepoints though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Antibodies are overpriced garbage scruffy says as he pays 90 casings and proceeds to get 6 half hearts from them that would be worth 180 casings if bought in a shop.

• Locked thread