Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I think Orton winning it would be as much of a wet fart as Reigns winning in 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Oh, God. I like Randy Wyatt, but that'd be a really bad Mania setup.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Venomous posted:

Oh, God. I like Randy Wyatt, but that'd be a really bad Mania setup.

if it leads to Bray Wyatt winning and then actually winning title matches against Cena, AJ, and Ambrose, it'd be worth the price

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

My interest in seeing Randy Orton win a rumble or indeed another belt at all is 0.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Randy Orton can sometimes have good matches when he's with someone a lot better than him (Daniel Bryan), but if he's got to lead its going to be boring and slow and terrible. Bray Wyatt on the other hand loving sucks and his gimmick got tired about 2 years ago. Both have that plodding WWE style. That will definitely be my bathroom break / cook food match during wrestlemania

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I love Bray Wyatt and look forward to him having a run w the belt this year.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
From what I've seen from Orton building his feuds with Lesnar and Wyatt, I don't have any confidence in him being able to build a big enough feud to scream Wrestlemania main event.

That being said, I believe the odds are still being influenced by outside factors, for example, Meltzer's input on who will probably win based on information he has. The smart money isn't in yet, so I wouldn't think Orton is actually winning.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Randy Orton can sometimes have good matches when he's with someone a lot better than him (Daniel Bryan), but if he's got to lead its going to be boring and slow and terrible. Bray Wyatt on the other hand loving sucks and his gimmick got tired about 2 years ago. Both have that plodding WWE style. That will definitely be my bathroom break / cook food match during wrestlemania

But what about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKNKH_95QaE

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Randy Orton is cool and good.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Bray/Randy is a match they're clearly setting up for but it doesn't need a belt or the Rumble at all

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
A year where someone wins the rumble as a genuine surprise with little build would be cool, but I think if you do that, you want to have it won by a baby face to have the crowd get behind them in the lead up to WM. Not some dude who's had 50 chances at being a main event guy who's in his first somewhat interesting angle in years like Randy Orton.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

CubsWoo posted:

Bray/Randy is a match they're clearly setting up for but it doesn't need a belt or the Rumble at all

bray wyatt has looked like a joke for a few years now, and i think having his feud feature the belt and the rumble winner makes it clear this guy is now a Serious Wrestler instead of a Fat Loser and that would help him a lot if it's what happens

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

bray wyatt has looked like a joke for a few years now, and i think having his feud feature the belt and the rumble winner makes it clear this guy is now a Serious Wrestler instead of a Fat Loser and that would help him a lot if it's what happens

He IS a fat loser, and the downside of him having a belt is that you'll have to hear his lovely promos more often. Bray Wyatt makes me actively embarrassed whenever I see him on screen.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

He IS a fat loser, and the downside of him having a belt is that you'll have to hear his lovely promos more often. Bray Wyatt makes me actively embarrassed whenever I see him on screen.

i'd rather hear a bray wyatt promo than have to hear cena use his angry black guy voice in a promo about how disrespectful the new era millenials like 37 yr old AJ Styles are

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Aye Doc posted:

Bray's ship sailed about 5 seconds after Taker pinned him clean at Mania after Bray did two months of build for that match all by himself all for the reward of getting Streakless Taker in the daylight for 15 minutes, but at least we got the marginally interesting crab walk/zombie sit-up spot. Giving him the belt (especially if it comes in the Chamber) isn't going to change anyone's perception of Bray.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Vaguido posted:

From what I've seen from Orton building his feuds with Lesnar and Wyatt, I don't have any confidence in him being able to build a big enough feud to scream Wrestlemania main event.
Actually if they build it the same way they built the initial feud, with Randy wandering around Wyatt's endless corridors and boiler rooms filled with arrows and pseudo-ominous messages, it'll be a lot of fun. But then again I like stupid and goofy segments in my wrestling.

Bray should put Randy through a complete re-enactment of Alice in Wonderland

on the other hand, maybe if we all talk about how Orton is definitely winning, Vince will flip out and give it to someone else. Like he did with Jericho and (you want) Sheamus

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
this is really early money and i sincerely doubt it but also randy v. bray for the belt has decent potential, or at least much more than reigns/HHH did. they have both been really good lately and randy seems much more into it than he was before his injury

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Whenever I think about how they could have hosed up the Taker gimmick I think about Bray. Nearly four years on the main roster, no character development, no truly strong sustained booking, loses nearly every match of major significance and has been clowned at three consecutive Wrestlemanias. I think the only thing that has kept him employed is the fact that his entrance is still over.

Make him the unstoppable monster/psychopath he should have been for a solid 6-9 months (and don't blow it like they did with Rusev) and then come back to the idea of putting the belt on him.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

CubsWoo posted:

Bray's ship sailed about 5 seconds after Taker pinned him clean at Mania after Bray did two months of build for that match all by himself all for the reward of getting Streakless Taker in the daylight for 15 minutes, but at least we got the marginally interesting crab walk/zombie sit-up spot. Giving him the belt (especially if it comes in the Chamber) isn't going to change anyone's perception of Bray.

Bray aint dead. The royal rumble where Triple H turned into him and the crowd popped for the face off was the first legit reaction to that in years. Never forget when they did that spit with Cena and Orton to zero reaction.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lid posted:

Bray aint dead. The royal rumble where Triple H turned into him and the crowd popped for the face off was the first legit reaction to that in years. Never forget when they did that spit with Cena and Orton to zero reaction.

that was a cool as gently caress moment. if only they put him on Raw he could "ruin" the show by loving with steph and haitch. it'd be the only thing to make them bearable onscreen.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

oldskool posted:

AJ/Wyatt has no build whatsoever, Cena/Wyatt involves turning the run that ties Cena with Flair at 16 into a transitional reign, and at the end of the day....what's Orton's master plan? "I invaded your family, broke them apart & in the process brought you the only success you've ever had, the tag team and WWE titles....and now I'm taking them away!"? Congratulations Randy, you turned an incompetent swamp wizard into the Face of Fear That Runs The Place. That'll teach him.

Still makes more sense than his WM 25 master plan "Win the Royal Rumble (by eliminating HHH) so I can take everything from you, HHH (assuming you win the title in February)."

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Lid posted:

And instead of doing that they let the Rock stand tall 1 on 3 and then beat Rowan in under 10 seconds before bringing out Cena to pee pee doo doo all over the Family because Bray is not meant to be taken as a serious threat to anyone above the level of Dolph Ziggler

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

CubsWoo posted:

And instead of doing that they let the Rock stand tall 1 on 3 and then beat Rowan in under 10 seconds before bringing out Cena to pee pee doo doo all over the Family because Bray is not meant to be taken as a serious threat to anyone above the level of Dolph Ziggler

thankfully he's about to get a sweet rumble -> mania story and end up with the belt at EC and then everyone will realize oh yeah bray wyatt is a serious threat now

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 27, 2017

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Honestly as weak as Bray Wyatt has looked at times he's still like the only heel credible enough to have a first-time title run on Smackdown.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

wyatt family needs to be less like a generic stable of idiotmen and more like the NWO if you're going to be a cult leader why wouldn't you constantly be loving poo poo up with your army.

IMO introducing Sanity as its own thing instead of another wyatt subsector of bearded crazies was a huge mistake. creating a stable of like 6 or 7 legit terrifying nutcases would have been great.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

MinibarMatchman posted:

that was a cool as gently caress moment. if only they put him on Raw he could "ruin" the show by loving with steph and haitch. it'd be the only thing to make them bearable onscreen.

Bray as the 'defy authority' babyface would be loving awesome. His one night of it last year ruled.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

MinibarMatchman posted:

wyatt family needs to be less like a generic stable of idiotmen and more like the NWO if you're going to be a cult leader why wouldn't you constantly be loving poo poo up with your army.

The Shield was booked the exact way the Wyatts should have been

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/holy_wrestling/status/825101558908059652

i didnt really like zack sabre jr in the cwc but this is still kinda interesting

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They are really gonna fase out A.J Styles? This company is loving dumb.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

shiksa posted:

https://twitter.com/holy_wrestling/status/825101558908059652

i didnt really like zack sabre jr in the cwc but this is still kinda interesting

It's literally every one. You can see Perkins and Gallagher there.

Also Ellsworth, but yeah, you know he's in.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

zack sabre jr isnt under contract though

who said theyre phasing out aj

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I really hope Smackdown just keeps plowing forward with the whole "we know you're expecting Randy to turn but he's not going to because that's boring" thing for like a whole year.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Super No Vacancy posted:

zack sabre jr isnt under contract though

who said theyre phasing out aj

yeah, that's the weird part to me, if it was just "hey heres all the guys anyone can show up it's the rumblleeeeee!" and said, like, tj perkins it'd be one thing but sabre doesn't (officially) work for WWE

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

zack sabre is a pure and noble boy and he would not sell out to the nazis

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

If Cena wins I loving hope he wins dirty

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I can't believe they've given AJ Styles, the Champ That Runs the Camp, the proverbial boot. Sad!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
They probably made those graphics before Zack turned down their contract offer and just forgot to fix it, if I had to guess

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Grozz Nuy posted:

They probably made those graphics before Zack turned down their contract offer and just forgot to fix it, if I had to guess
So you think WWE plans anything 6 months in advance?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Still waiting on the smart money, but Orton has emerged as the new favorite on 5Dimes

code:
Randy Orton -140
Undertaker +400
Samoa Joe +550
Chris Jericho +550
Braun Strowman +700
Goldberg +700
Finn Balor +1100
Brock Lesnar +1200
Bray Wyatt +2400
Sami Zayn +2800
John Cena +2800
And yes, Titus O'Neill still has lower odds than Conor McGregor, Sting and Hulk Hogan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Grozz Nuy posted:

That or Zack Ryder before he got injured