Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

Well remember how for eight years the Democrats consistently blocked the President from enacting any changes, even ones that would benefit everyone?

yeah, it's really telling that the Democrats are just opposing everythin when the Republicans were willing to reach across the aisle and work with the president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Lemming posted:

yeah, it's really telling that the Democrats are just opposing everythin when the Republicans were willing to reach across the aisle and work with the president.

If anyone wanted to know how to make blood flow from your eyes and hear the infinite shrieks of the dead, this sentence did it

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Trapezium Dave posted:

David Rowe, on :australia: STRAYA DAY :australia: :

Bill Leak, on :australia: STRAYA DAY :australia: :

I only know about that flag from one of my most favorite movies, Event Horizon.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lemming posted:

Hell, during the 2012 Election Newt "I Shut Down the Government in the Mid-90s" Gingrich insisted that during the Clinton administration the Republicans worked hand-in-hand with him in the spirit of bipartisanship.

Edit: There was another Government shutdown by the Republicans in 2013 too, but nobody seemed to really care that the Republicans did that outside of the Republicans who complained during that period that Obama had shut down the Government.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So basically their solution to democrat obstruction is make literally everything an executive order. Was hoping Trump would actually have to be told no for once instead of acting like a CEO.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

:gizz:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Bob the Angry Flower keeps owning.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Lemming posted:

Well at least Trump has a pen and a phone he can use to enact the will of the people despite that perfidious obstruction. Hooray for Trump!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Lemming posted:

If anyone wanted to know how to make blood flow from your eyes and hear the infinite shrieks of the dead, this sentence did it

Hot Air posted:

MCCONNELL: Well, let me just say, I’m confident we’ll get a Supreme Court nominees confirmed. I expect an outstanding nominee sometime soon. I think it’s noteworthy to look at how the Republican minority handled Bill Clinton the first — in his first administration. Both — both of his first two nominees, Ginsburg and Breyer, no filibuster. Obama, in his first term, to go, no filibuster. We think our nominee ought to be treated the same way. If he is not treated that way, then, under the current Senate rule, we would have to get cloture. That is, we’d have to get 60 votes. We had to do that when the Democrats objecting to Justice Alito 10 years ago, but cloture was invoked. Sorry for the long answer. I think the short answer is, the nominee will be confirmed.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Ularg posted:

So basically their solution to democrat obstruction is make literally everything an executive order. Was hoping Trump would actually have to be told no for once instead of acting like a CEO.

Remember when Republicans were absolutely furious that The Great Tyrant HUSSEIN Obama was daring to use executive orders?

lol

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I really hope people get a lesson out of all of this. Namely, the right does not care about anything other than weilding power, and their base loves them for it.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

Rhodes — whose role as Obama’s deputy national security adviser for strategic communications will come to an end on Friday with the inauguration of President-elect Donald Trump — was a leading advocate of the Iran nuclear deal and a vocal critic of Israeli settlement policies.
“So Ben Rhodes, who is a veritable enemy of Israel, Obama appoints to Holocaust Memorial Council,” American Spectator Managing Editor Melissa Mackenzie tweeted. “The man is a spite machine.”
Labels: America, Ben Rhodes, Holocaust, Obama, President, Shoah

quote:

I wonder how many of the current and future mothers of the Women's march actually live their principles. I'm less than optimistic.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The dumbest Red Panels yet.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
It will never cease to infuriate me how MRAs only talk about actual issues facing men as a way to stick it to feminists.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

tyblazitar posted:

It will never cease to infuriate me how MRAs only talk about actual issues facing men as a way to stick it to feminists.
I'm not normally someone on the Reddit hate train I can't even believe how bad they are for this, no matter how many times I see it. Like holy poo poo, not just some buried subreddit but every single top voted comment on anything about women anything. A million guys saying "Wait I hear something! There's a discussion happening somewhere that isn't about guy problems! I'm off!"

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jan 27, 2017

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
So the red panels guy is the editor of Silent Hills wiki. Got it!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I'm not aware that feminists are pushing a pro-circumcision agenda.

Anyway, from a cartoonist who isn't usually political and just draw some nonsense toons normally:

https://twitter.com/MrHaydenMyers/status/824814720230313984

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Hmm yes a congressman making decisions about women's health is the same as a mother make a choice for her child good point KKKlurf

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

OldTennisCourt posted:

Hmm yes a congressman making decisions about women's health is the same as a mother make a choice for her child good point KKKlurf

And of course he's anti-circumcision in the most pathetically asinine way possible

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Welp, best not make any decisions for my children then until their 18!

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I should have guessed that Benson would sell out faster than Ramirez.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Ku Klux Klurf! posted:

" I wonder how many of the current and future mothers of the Women's march actually live their principles. I'm less than optimistic. "
Look, I'm not touching that whole hornet's nest. So let's put the entire topic of circumcision aside for a second.
All I'm saying is it's really telling that this guy looked at the march of women (which had plenty of male marchers, incidentally), specifically in response to an increasingly-misogynistic public discourse and government outlook, and in answer to specific upcoming legislation, and his first (and only) thought on the matter was "but what about MEN?"

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jan 27, 2017

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
"We women want to be represented fairly and have control of our reproductive health and choices"

"WHAT ABOUT MY DICK, YOU WANNA SLICE MY DICK APART loving FEMINAZIS MY DICK MY DICK MY DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK"

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Remember when Republicans were absolutely furious that The Great Tyrant HUSSEIN Obama was daring to use executive orders?

lol

He should have, it's one of the many things I really disliked about him.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Donowitz
Feb 26, 2012

How is this crayon not orange?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Cutting down a thriving, working system of regulations in order to plant a half dead system of jobs is foolhardy. A Good Comic.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Vib Rib posted:

Look, I'm not touching that whole hornet's nest. So let's put the entire topic of circumcision aside for a second.
All I'm saying is it's really telling that this guy looked at the march of women (which had plenty of male marchers, incidentally), specifically in response to an increasingly-misogynistic public discourse and government outlook, and in answer to specific upcoming legislation, and his first (and only) thought on the matter was "but what about MEN?"

What a loving piece of poo poo. Guys like RedPanels guy (I assuming based on the current evidence that KKKlurf is a guy) are the reason the issue is a hornet's nest. gently caress MRAs man. What complete wastes of oxygen.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 27, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Xander77 posted:

Mother. Fucker.

Unless I'm misreading this (and I sincerely doubt that I am) it's just "The swamp is drained. Trump promised to drain the swamp, and therefore the swamp is drained. Reality? Facts? gently caress you. gently caress you very much, we no longer have to engage with either of those, and can be more blatant than ever about it".

That's what the next four years are going to be all about.

It's the opposite, it's critical. The comic is saying that instead of actually draining the swamp of DC, all of the people that make up the swamp have moved to Foggy Bottom, a particularly wealthy section of DC where high-ranking federal employees often live, and where many major executive agencies (like the state department) are.

The labeling on the wall is confusing, as is the inside baseball reference to a DC neighborhood.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Who wants some Canadian toons?

So, basically, Canadian PM Justin Trudeau is betwixt a rock and a hard place. An open proud legislative feminist, supporter of gay rights, and guy who welcomed 35K syrian refugees, he has to buddy up to Trump because 80% of Canada's economy involves the US, so if we piss Cheeto Hitler, we kinda become third world over night.

So we got a leadership race for our Conservative Party. These two chucklefucks have divided Trump's strategy. Kevin O'Leary (Of Dragon's Den/Shark Tank fame) has taken the obnoxious reality tv show host who pretends to be good at business half, and Kellie Leitch has taken the outright racist shitheel post. I kinda wish one of them, or Brad Trost (Our hardright christian culture warrior) wins so that my job in 2019 is loving pointing to the states and going "See what happens?"

Also, note how all three have effective crosshatching, and good caricatures who do resemble the person, and also human beings in whole.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sandpuppy posted:

It's an old cartoon. The Foley scandal happened during the Bush years, which should help make you appreciate those trees on the ends a little more.

i still can't get the level of thoughtlessness necessary to say we never had a domestic act of terror when bush was president, and yet praise his response to 9-11 the next day

Action-Man
Aug 12, 2007

Adventure Time
come on grab your friends

I see executive orders are now a good thing.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Discendo Vox posted:

The labeling on the wall is confusing, as is the inside baseball reference to a DC neighborhood.
Huh. Well, on the bright side, at least that level of sheer disconnect from reality is limited to Branco and Garrison?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A list of all of Trump's executive actions this past week.

And apparently, Russia is about to explode in nuclear hellfire. (Stay safe, comrades!)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Branco and Ramirez are rightfully bashed for their mindless GOP cheering, but Lisa Benson's pretty terrible, too. And unlike those two howling baboons, she's not even interesting enough to enrage you.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

It's the opposite, it's critical. The comic is saying that instead of actually draining the swamp of DC, all of the people that make up the swamp have moved to Foggy Bottom, a particularly wealthy section of DC where high-ranking federal employees often live, and where many major executive agencies (like the state department) are.

"Foggy Bottom" is shorthand for the State department, she's not referring to the literal neighborhood. Benson is justifying our lack of a functioning State department by grouping all the officials that Trump fired with the "swamp."

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

D.N. Nation posted:

And unlike those two howling baboons, she's not even interesting enough to enrage you.

Counterpoint:

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Боже мой...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

bunnyofdoom posted:

So we got a leadership race for our Conservative Party. These two chucklefucks have divided Trump's strategy. Kevin O'Leary (Of Dragon's Den/Shark Tank fame) has taken the obnoxious reality tv show host who pretends to be good at business half, and Kellie Leitch has taken the outright racist shitheel post. I kinda wish one of them, or Brad Trost (Our hardright christian culture warrior) wins so that my job in 2019 is loving pointing to the states and going "See what happens?"

I wouldn't be so sure; Trudeau hasn't fixed every social ill in Canada yet 100% so the internet is firing up the "both sides are the same" machine. If the NDP comes out promising ponies and rainbows we'll get the magical split vote again. Trump is going to do everything in his power to make Trudeau look bad along the way as well.

On the flip side, I have a friends who are getting memberships in the Conservative party just to make sure these two asshats don't get in.

Oh and bonus possible hilarity: their leadership convention is sharing space with a 25,000+ attendee anime convention this year.

• Locked thread