Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That was the most bizarre episode. He didn't even yell or anything. He just looked dumbfounded and depressed the whole time. Then at the end he's like :shrug: Welp, I can't help you guys. Good luck.

As far as I know that was the only place he just walked out on. Please watch it.

Any idea which season it is? U.K. Or USA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Any idea which season it is? U.K. Or USA

Oh poo poo it's on youtube. Get ready for a wild ride dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uPOGxUtZvk

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Oh poo poo:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/dining/2015/12/29/amys-baking-company-scottsdale-has-closed/71722292/

quote:

Amy's Baking Company in Scottsdale has closed

Amy's Baking Company founder Samy Bouzaglo -- who appeared on "Kitchen Nightmares" -- attacked someone with a knife outside his restaurant Saturday.

For Amy and Samy Bouzaglo, it looks like the nightmare is over.

The couple behind the notorious Amy’s Baking Company, which made international headlines in 2013 after a disastrous appearance on "Kitchen Nightmares," closed their Scottsdale restaurant this week, The Republic has learned.

Amy announced plans to close the space in July, telling the Associated Press she would instead sell desserts to restaurants and produce digital cooking videos. She denied the business was in financial trouble or was closing because of negative publicity.

The shopping center that housed the restaurant, at Scottsdale Road and Shea Boulevard, recently got a new landlord, East Village at Shea LLC, a company formed by Bob Parsons' YAM Properties.

Two years ago, the Bouzaglos secured their spots as pop-culture pariahs. Their TV appearance was bad enough — scene after awkward scene showing them swearing at customers, taking tips left for servers and fighting host Gordon Ramsay, who, for the first time in the show's history walked away from the restaurant before making any changes.

Indignant people took to social media to criticize the couple, who lashed back. Buzzfeed called it "the most epic brand meltdown on Facebook ever."

Then the Lindsay Lohan-style train wreck really started. The Bouzaglos hired a PR agency to contain the crisis. A news conference was called. On the day of, it was canceled. The agency, which has represented high-profile businesses and political figures, stopped working with the couple within a week.

Sordid skeletons came out: Amy had served time in prison for misuse of a Social Security number. Sam had served prison time on drug and intimidation charges overseas and had been banned from France and Germany.

Timeline of Amy's Baking Company in Scottsdale

Since May 2013, the Bouzaglos popped in and out of the public eye. They’ve been on local and national TV for such acts as accusing Ramsay of sexually harassing Amy and allegedly brandishing a knife at a customer. It’s made for great TV.

Doubtful the pair will ever completely shed meme-status (how could we forget such gems as Amy’s "I speak feline MEOW!" and Samy’s "Here's your pizza, go (expletive) yourself!"). But, lately at least, they’ve been trying to rebrand.

It’s been months since any shenanigans. On the contrary: Amy wrote a cookbook and they participated in a Phoenix food festival. The couple has been positively well-behaved.

Lol her husband tried to knife somebody outside of the restaurant then they went out of business.

That's some severe mental illness and/or ludicrously low self-awareness with those two.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Oh poo poo it's on youtube. Get ready for a wild ride dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uPOGxUtZvk

10 minutes in this is already amazing

I think I might be dating proto-Amy

I need to sever

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
I NEED TO DRINK WATER

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I need to sever

Holy poo poo get the gently caress out of there before you even finish watching that episode dude.

Go..... NOW!!!

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
what gives gordon his corrugated appearance

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
Say what you want about Ramsay but he is an amazing cook. This Turkey recipe is amazing and fairly simple.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5PFXhdfVT8

As for the yelling, he goes over the top for the shows, but you yell a lot in kitchens. You can't hear over the hood and you always have useless teenagers that can't even wash dishes properly let alone make Rouladen for 150 in the tilt skillet. Telling the kids to just sit down and get out of the way is pretty common. I need 4 hotel pans of onions diced medium, not some poo poo head blocking the lane with a terrified look on their face.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

I need to sever

dude you need to open a restaurant

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Gobblecoque posted:

dude you need to open a restaurant

I don't have a million dollars to burn

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Is this Amy's Baking Company thing real or pretend????

10 mins ish in "I speak feline, miaow meow meow"

These can't be real people

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

an adult beverage posted:

Oh poo poo:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/dining/2015/12/29/amys-baking-company-scottsdale-has-closed/71722292/

Lol her husband tried to knife somebody outside of the restaurant then they went out of business.

That's some severe mental illness and/or ludicrously low self-awareness with those two.

Didn't the husband go to jail or get deported for something? One of my friends said she got the impression that the "bake shop" was probably a money laundering racket - hence why he was the only person ever allowed to use the point-of-sale.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Didn't the husband go to jail or get deported for something? One of my friends said she got the impression that the "bake shop" was probably a money laundering racket - hence why he was the only person ever allowed to use the point-of-sale.

He's banned from a couple of countries in europe, is probably a gangster.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

There is something very appealing and hilarious about a british man getting angry and shouting at americans.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

It's a reality show, so the more you think about whether it's real or not the more it ruins the experience. I do believe they are both nuts but they probably were egged on by the filming crew to say crazy poo poo.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I know Jon Bois isn't well regarded on this site, but I credit his writeup of another classic kitchen nightmares ep for getting me into the Gordon Ramsay yelling at people genre

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's a reality show, so the more you think about whether it's real or not the more it ruins the experience. I do believe they are both nuts but they probably were egged on by the filming crew to say crazy poo poo.

They are legit nuts

I know people like them

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I don't have a million dollars to burn

Just borrow the money and then declare bankruptcy, it's no biggie!

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
I feel as though the bathroom incident hasnt been discussed enough

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Surely theres a fan fiction

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

mostlygray posted:

Say what you want about Ramsay but he is an amazing cook.

Actually he's a chef. Women are cooks.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

Actually he's a chef. Women are cooks.

MODS??

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Yeah I remember when the episode aired and there was a GBS thread about it, most people assumed that the husband was involved in some financial fuckery

That thread also had an in-depth analysis of Crazy Eyes that I remember to this day

IIRC there was some show that did a follow-up on Amy's, looking at the things the Kitchen Nightmare crew did to encourage the insanity and allow Amy and her husband to give their side of the story. It was almost as crazy as Nightmares and Amy and her husband just stopped participating because they are legit insane narcissists

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jan 23, 2017

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnthFNuNl9g

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpOt6_ghDug

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

It seems like a majority people who own/open restaurants get extremely personally invested in every little thing and take any complaints or criticisms as personal attacks and lash out. They don't operate the place like a straight forward up and down business because to many people its not a source of income its a lifelong dream and nothing will stop them from sinking every penny they have into it.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
How do you know when a wellington is ready

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nonviolent J posted:

How do you know when a wellington is ready

You don't, nobody does. Mankind can never know. :smith:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I've always wanted to try to make beef wellington, but there is like a 99.999% chance I would gently caress it up.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

mostlygray posted:

Say what you want about Ramsay but he is an amazing cook. This Turkey recipe is amazing and fairly simple.

His really long series he made that was nothing but recipes and technique was one of the best tv cooking shows I've seen that doesn't have Alton Brown or Jacques Pepin on it. I don't think it even aired in the US.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Giga Gaia posted:

His really long series he made that was nothing but recipes and technique was one of the best tv cooking shows I've seen that doesn't have Alton Brown or Jacques Pepin on it. I don't think it even aired in the US.

I think the holiday special was on netflix for a while

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

I've always wanted to try to make beef wellington, but there is like a 99.999% chance I would gently caress it up.

Good Eats has a pork loin wellington recipe I want to try. Seems like it would be much less expensive.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

...and the pitch! posted:

Good Eats has a pork loin wellington recipe I want to try. Seems like it would be much less expensive.

I made pork wellington a while ago, not on that recipe specifically but just loosely followed Ramsay's. It was great, the meat cooked perfectly, it's not too difficult to make and not crazy expensive either.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

I made pork wellington a while ago, not on that recipe specifically but just loosely followed Ramsay's. It was great, the meat cooked perfectly, it's not too difficult to make and not crazy expensive either.

I'm definitely going to make it but it seems like a lot for one person. I'll have to make up an excuse :)

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

Here, have a nice Gordon Ramsay moment when he describes how well an apple pie came out to the blind chef that made it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIGXboHpge0

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Gordon being nice to people is terrifying.

It isn't the natural state of things.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

ultrabindu posted:

Gordon being nice to people is terrifying.

It isn't the natural state of things.

Hes nice to loving everyone. Even the dispshits at the kitchen nightmares stuff. He always starts off super happy and polite.

He gets mad when people serve him poo poo food or are slow as gently caress working with him.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

an adult beverage posted:

Oh poo poo:

Here's your gently caress, go pizza yourself.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I remember on one of the british shows he was in some guy's kitchen watching him make this super complicated broccoli soup recipe and then Gordon showed him his recipe and it was literally just broccoli, water, and salt, lol. I made some soon after and it was really good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The F word had a segment where he'd have a dessert cookoff with a celebrity/random to cook their favorite dessert. It'd get blindfolded judged after. He'd get super into it and lose his mind if he lost. He lost like 1/3rd of the time lol.

• Locked thread