Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

HaroldofTheRock posted:

Why can't you swarm Pikmin in Pikmin 3 like you could with the GameCube c-stick? You have to throw each and every one. It stinks.

The touch controls they added after launch are the true GOAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Anecdotal information but to me it seems the Switch has way more of a buzz than the Wii U. The original video teaser nintendo put out was crazy popular among a lot of my friends on facebook and twitter in a way that recalled the Wii launch. I don't remember this level of excitement for the Wii U, it was more in general brand confusion. I really do feel like Nintendo may have a hit on its hands with the switch since its being sold out everywhere as well (controllers too what the gently caress). Wii U was kinda like it came and went and no one gave a gently caress.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Anecdotal information but to me it seems the Switch has way more of a buzz than the Wii U. The original video teaser nintendo put out was crazy popular among a lot of my friends on facebook and twitter in a way that recalled the Wii launch. I don't remember this level of excitement for the Wii U, it was more in general brand confusion. I really do feel like Nintendo may have a hit on its hands with the switch since its being sold out everywhere as well (controllers too what the gently caress). Wii U was kinda like it came and went and no one gave a gently caress.

Found on NeoGAF circa 2011

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Instant Sunrise posted:

Found on NeoGAF circa 2011

Someone remake this .gif with Mario and the new hat from Super Mario Odyssey.

[Edit: wait I think I've actually seen one already]

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Cicadas! posted:

The situation is different with the Switch than the Wii U. People probably preordered the Wii U because they thought they would get burned like the did with the Wii (still scarce a year after its release), but after its lackluster reception it was easy to find because fewer people were buying it after the fact. I still don't think it'll be too hard to find a Switch after the initial rush, though.

It helped that all of the full time scalper assholes returned Wii Us by the dozen when they quickly stopped turning a profit on eBay, too.

enojy fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 27, 2017

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
smh at moms who were too dumb to get this for their game gear owning childrezs

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the first boss in sonic 2 for game gear was way WAY TOO HARD SEGA. stupid loving crab on his stupid loving slope. I never beat him.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Cool moms got their kids Nomads

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

The ORIGINAL console games on the go console

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bass Bottles posted:

Cool moms got their kids Nomads

I had to buy my own iPod :(

[Edit: oh wait Nomad the game console, duh]

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Walrus posted:

the first boss in sonic 2 for game gear was way WAY TOO HARD SEGA. stupid loving crab on his stupid loving slope. I never beat him.

This. I remember this clearly from my youth. gently caress that fight.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Please don't doxx the op

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I owned an N64, a GameCube, and a Wii and I never even considered buying a Wii U. Not only were there no games I wanted, that gamepad looked dumb as poo poo. I think the only time I ever saw one in person not in a store was when my friend's roommate briefly had one to play Mario Kart.

Even the promise of a new Zelda game didn't get me to even consider buying one (thankfully).

I can't describe what made me so indifferent to it, but it was certainly an overall marketing failure on Nintendo's part. I definitely am more excited about the Switch than I have been about any system since the original Xbox. So whatever they've done to recapture people, its worked for me.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I bet her Beanie Baby collection is loving epic too

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Mahoning posted:

I owned an N64, a GameCube, and a Wii and I never even considered buying a Wii U. Not only were there no games I wanted, that gamepad looked dumb as poo poo. I think the only time I ever saw one in person not in a store was when my friend's roommate briefly had one to play Mario Kart.

Even the promise of a new Zelda game didn't get me to even consider buying one (thankfully).

I can't describe what made me so indifferent to it, but it was certainly an overall marketing failure on Nintendo's part. I definitely am more excited about the Switch than I have been about any system since the original Xbox. So whatever they've done to recapture people, its worked for me.

Glad you are excited, but I have no idea what games you like that weren't on the WiiU that will be on the switch. Cause...theyre gonna be drat similar if not goty editions.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

RCarr posted:

This. I remember this clearly from my youth. gently caress that fight.

It was the ultimate cruelty because I loved sonic, even going so far as to tell my teachers in grade one that I was The Sonic The Hedgehog. but I never had any home consoles, just a game gear. and I couldn't beat the first goddamn level of the only sonic game I had.

I also had a copy of mario is missing for PC that I was super hyped to play but my computer didn't have enough RAM. then like THREE years later we got a new computer with windows 95 and it still didn't work and it was just crushing.

I had a disappointing childhood

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

lelandjs posted:

I bet her Beanie Baby collection is loving epic too

yeah but unlike a wiiU i can give a beanie baby to my 3 year old niece and she will enjoy it.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
like can you imagine being so games deprived you're super psyched to play mario is missing? and it doesn't work? and you spend literally 20 minutes a day for weeks looking at an 'insufficient ram' message in MSDOS? again, wistfully pining for mario is god damned missing?? someone should have just shot me in the loving head.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Elfgames posted:

yeah but unlike a wiiU i can give a beanie baby to my 3 year old niece and she will enjoy it.

My 3 year old uses the wiiu daily. Its great for babies first tablet. That things been dropped 100s of times and keeps on trucking. You were way off.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

I had Sonic's Schoolhouse for PC

My childhood was extremely privileged

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Walrus posted:

It was the ultimate cruelty because I loved sonic, even going so far as to tell my teachers in grade one that I was The Sonic The Hedgehog

Did you go to elementary school in Orford, New Hampshire or did every school have a kid like this?

[Edit: Not trying to be disparaging or anything, I had a classmate who was obsessed with Sonic and did stuff like this and figured there's a slim chance it might have been you I guess?]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 27, 2017

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

The Walrus posted:

like can you imagine being so games deprived you're super psyched to play mario is missing? and it doesn't work? and you spend literally 20 minutes a day for weeks looking at an 'insufficient ram' message in MSDOS? again, wistfully pining for mario is god damned missing?? someone should have just shot me in the loving head.

I watched my older sisters rent mario's missing like 3 weeks in a row from the local video store and fail to learn how to play the game

Bombadilillo posted:

My 3 year old uses the wiiu daily. Its great for babies first tablet. That things been dropped 100s of times and keeps on trucking. You were way off.

my niece has an ipad.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Mirthless posted:

A sufficiently large battery pack is basically a small incendiary device waiting to be triggered so I'm not surprised they're a little cagey about having them on the plane.

I have this one, bring it every time I fly, and have never had a problem.

I'm a white male, though, so YMMV.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Glad you are excited, but I have no idea what games you like that weren't on the WiiU that will be on the switch. Cause...theyre gonna be drat similar if not goty editions.

Zelda.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

lelandjs posted:

Did you go to elementary school in Orford, New Hampshire or did every school have a kid like this?

I can assure you that kid wasn't really sonic, cause I was.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

That's on the WiiU though? :confused:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Someone port Katamari Damacy to the Switch

kthx

Better yet

Brand new Katamari game for the Switch

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
There will be no new Katamari cuz the creator got bored and moved onto other weirder things

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

bloodychill posted:

There will be no new Katamari cuz the creator got bored and moved onto other weirder things

He's making some game with some indie developer but before that he was designing parks for children or something like that.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Mario Kart 8 was an extremely good game for the Wii U imo. It's the game I played the most and was worth me buying the system for it. Smash was fun too.

I am somewhat disappointed the switch is just going to get an upgraded Mario Kart 8 (I'd rather have something entirely fresh), but I will buy it because I am dumb. Full 3D sandbox Mario for the first time in 15 years is the main reason that I am super excited for the Switch (and Zelda).

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

That's on the WiiU though? :confused:

So, you think I should buy a 5 year old system to play the final game they're releasing for it?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

bloodychill posted:

Polygon posted:

Katamari Damacy and Noby Noby Boy creator Keita Takahashi showed off his new game, Tenya Wanya Teens, at a party in San Francisco on Wednesday, revealing a two-player game that's about brushing your teeth, doing division, farting, clawing at salmon, saying "I love you" and peeing.
:staredog:

[Edit]

Phantasium posted:

He's making some game with some indie developer but before that he was designing parks for children or something like that.
:staredog: :staredog: :staredog:

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.

The Walrus posted:

It was the ultimate cruelty because I loved sonic, even going so far as to tell my teachers in grade one that I was The Sonic The Hedgehog. but I never had any home consoles, just a game gear. and I couldn't beat the first goddamn level of the only sonic game I had.

I laughed. That boss was insanely hard though.

The second level had a hang glider you could use, so you really missed out.

Flippinlikebirds fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 27, 2017

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

That is the one I was thinking of. A friend played it and said it was insane because it uses this giant controller covered in buttons, and yes there is peeing.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Mahoning posted:

So, you think I should buy a 5 year old system to play the final game they're releasing for it?

I never said that. I was simply pointing out that you were wrong when you said Zelda wasn't on the WiiU.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bloodychill posted:

That is the one I was thinking of. A friend played it and said it was insane because it uses this giant controller covered in buttons, and yes there is peeing.

Surely someone can buy the rights to Katamari from the insane pee man?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Atomicated posted:

Did Amazon proper do preorders for Wii u? I thought that was in the middle of them not selling Nintendo hardware because of the 3ds returns.

What was this? Is this the people going nuts over TN vs IPS thing?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Namco owns Katamari anyway, so it's up to them.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Infinitum posted:

Surely someone can buy the rights to Katamari from the insane pee man?

namco is not a pee man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

pacman maybe

• Locked thread