Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

Light 9-B has me about ready to quit the game. I 2*ed it a while back, and now I can't even beat it once? What the actual gently caress is happening with this game? I am running Wedge(L), Biggs, Lando, JKA, Ackbar, and borrowing an Old Ben. This stupid node is 20 energy a pop and I can't sustain that while trying to farm the perfect RNG. Did they make this node harder?

e: Jesus Christ, why do they dodge so much?! THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE.
e2: This time I lost a character before I took my first turn. I hate this game so much.

Hold up a few days if you're having trouble with 9B. TI is working on an old program called "Borrow a hero."

"Are you struggling to 3*Cantina Battle 8-G? Have you wasted hundreds of energy dying to Embo in Light Side Hard Mode Battle 9-B? Well Team Instinct can help. We are excited to restart our "Borrow-a-Maxed-Hero" program.

*How does the "Borrow-a-Maxed-Hero" Program work?*
It's simple. You can request a specific hero or specify the Light Side/Dark Side/Cantina battle you are struggling with and we will pick the best possible hero for you. All you need to do is reply below. In your response please copy these:

• What area and mission do you need help with? (e.g. Light Side 9-B Hard)
• What is your ally code?
• What specific character or type of character are you looking to borrow? (e.g. Healer, Damage Dealer, Support, etc)
• What is your swgoh.gg profile link? (This is used to help us identify the best character for you.)

Once you reply with this information, one of our guild members will send you an Ally request. Your new Ally will have the requested or ideal maxed out hero available for you to borrow. You can then complete whatever mission is troubling you. All we ask is that once you complete the mission you drop this person from you Ally list so they can help the next person. (Otherwise within 24 hours you are likely to be dropped as an Ally.)"

I'll post a link as soon as it goes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Hold up a few days if you're having trouble with 9B. TI is working on an old program called "Borrow a hero."

"Are you struggling to 3*Cantina Battle 8-G? Have you wasted hundreds of energy dying to Embo in Light Side Hard Mode Battle 9-B? Well Team Instinct can help. We are excited to restart our "Borrow-a-Maxed-Hero" program.

*How does the "Borrow-a-Maxed-Hero" Program work?*
It's simple. You can request a specific hero or specify the Light Side/Dark Side/Cantina battle you are struggling with and we will pick the best possible hero for you. All you need to do is reply below. In your response please copy these:

• What area and mission do you need help with? (e.g. Light Side 9-B Hard)
• What is your ally code?
• What specific character or type of character are you looking to borrow? (e.g. Healer, Damage Dealer, Support, etc)
• What is your swgoh.gg profile link? (This is used to help us identify the best character for you.)

Once you reply with this information, one of our guild members will send you an Ally request. Your new Ally will have the requested or ideal maxed out hero available for you to borrow. You can then complete whatever mission is troubling you. All we ask is that once you complete the mission you drop this person from you Ally list so they can help the next person. (Otherwise within 24 hours you are likely to be dropped as an Ally.)"

I'll post a link as soon as it goes up.

The problem is that I don't think borrowing a GXI max hero will be what pushes someone over the edge on Embo.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

You have the right roster. They all need to be GX + and modded.

Wiggs and Ackbar are 10, Lando and JKA are 11, and the Old Ben I was borrowing is 11 with over 10k power. All my dudes have my best mods and are fully leveled.

Thanks Mal, I'll give that a shot when you post the link. But it's still going to be bullshit RNG fuckery.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
What's the word on Kylo Ren? He's getting reworked right?

And who's that Ermo guy or whatever his name is in the Drennic battles?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

The problem is that I don't think borrowing a GXI max hero will be what pushes someone over the edge on Embo.

I dunno, if it's a GXI Zeta hero with perfect speed mods, it might.

Field Mousepad posted:

What's the word on Kylo Ren? He's getting reworked right?

And who's that Ermo guy or whatever his name is in the Drennic battles?

Yes. I'm starting to farm him.

He's from the Clone Wars. He's in 9B Light Hard and is pretty scary if he ever gets a turn.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Thanks Mal. I think a zeta QGJ could help me finish it, but probably not 3* it :(

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I don't get why for the Krennic event 4th stage, they made him one-shottable before you can act. If I could bring a friend Wedge I might be able to complete it but for now I can't even finish the first phase and Krennic is useless

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Sent a request to join QGJ to get back in the guild farming mode. Been playing pretty much daily trying to figure out the current priority heroes. Ally code is: 438-343-128

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
I'm inching closer to zetas in ships. I'm torn between vader z and qgj z as I know Jedis will be awesome eventually, but vader seems like the more sure bet.

The path to power is easy with the dark side. Seductive it is...

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Trip report: switching from rebels (wiggs/lando/X) to empire + boba in arena. I've gone from struggling to stay top 50 to 30-25. Both teams are more or less equal in total power, but there are at least a dozen rebel squads that I'm crushing now that gave me trouble before.

Now that I'm pushing top 20 I see there's a whole new strata consisting of empire teams with shoretrooper. Oh well, I'm still happy with the results.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Borrow a maxed hero:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/89481/team-instincts-borrow-a-maxed-hero-program/p1?new=1

Aadoniel posted:

I'm inching closer to zetas in ships. I'm torn between vader z and qgj z as I know Jedis will be awesome eventually, but vader seems like the more sure bet.

The path to power is easy with the dark side. Seductive it is...

Hold onto it until we know about a) Kylo Ren and b) whoever the gently caress is holding a lightsaber in the updates post.

fishtobaskets posted:

Trip report: switching from rebels (wiggs/lando/X) to empire + boba in arena. I've gone from struggling to stay top 50 to 30-25. Both teams are more or less equal in total power, but there are at least a dozen rebel squads that I'm crushing now that gave me trouble before.

Now that I'm pushing top 20 I see there's a whole new strata consisting of empire teams with shoretrooper. Oh well, I'm still happy with the results.

Yup. The way to get past that meta is with Boba Fett. The way to get past the Chaze meta that will be in front of that is rngeeezus

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 27, 2017

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Malgrin posted:

Yup. The way to get past that meta is with Boba Fett. The way to get past the Chaze meta that will be in front of that is rngeeezus

I'm finding TFP is amazing for offsetting the babby Chaze teams I saw in the 40s/30s. I love his 1-2 punch aoe debuff with Boba.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

I'm finding TFP is amazing for offsetting the babby Chaze teams I saw in the 40s/30s. I love his 1-2 punch aoe debuff with Boba.

Yeah, right now I'm running Boba (L), TFP, EP, JKA, GK. I really need to work on my GK cause he's only G8, but it's still worth it somehow. His kit is just ridiculous and shuts down so many heroes. Giving JKA the extra CC/CD from Boba Fett has really added a lot of punch to this team. It seems to be holding up alright on defense (up until yesterday I was running EP, Shore, TFP, Boba, JKA). I'm trying to figure out if I should replace EP with anyone, but having BI, AB, and Stun AOEs still seems pretty good.

Grogquock
May 2, 2009
Just beat that final Krennic stage at level 73 with empire stuff mostly around level 69-72. The recommendation to fight it with empire is 100% correct. My rebel team is higher level with better mods but RG EP and Krennic throw a lotta stun, slow, and turn reduction on the stage leaders which seem to drop most guys in one hit.

Kilano
Feb 25, 2006
I wan't to try this game but it looks like a nonstop grindfest

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Kilano posted:

This is true. I don't know why we still play this...

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, right now I'm running Boba (L), TFP, EP, JKA, GK. I really need to work on my GK cause he's only G8, but it's still worth it somehow. His kit is just ridiculous and shuts down so many heroes. Giving JKA the extra CC/CD from Boba Fett has really added a lot of punch to this team. It seems to be holding up alright on defense (up until yesterday I was running EP, Shore, TFP, Boba, JKA). I'm trying to figure out if I should replace EP with anyone, but having BI, AB, and Stun AOEs still seems pretty good.

Ok, I've got JKA at around 51% CC (p.s. I really need to farm some mk3 detonators for his mk3 zaltin -- last item he needs for full build), 216% CD, and 3116 Physical damage. Add in Boba lead for 266% cd, and 61% CC (I think). I've got his AOE critting for around 23k damage right now, which usually happens right after Boba + TFP have just aoed, sometimes after there's an EP AOE thrown in too, and that will frequently straight up murder CI, Wedge, and Biggs. Most DPS cap out around 15-18k HP, so if other people knock down their protection (Boba, TFP, and EP), then one JKA AOE can kill 2-3 of them.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Kilano posted:

It absolutely is. If it wasn't star wars based I would have quit a while ago.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Malgrin posted:

This is true. I don't know why we still play this...

Because we're massive Star Wars nerds.

This assault battle is WAY easier than the last one. The ewoks didnt even get a turn til the last few stages of the 2nd tier.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

This assault battle is WAY easier than the last one. The ewoks didnt even get a turn til the last few stages of the 2nd tier.

Yeah, you didn't see this mode before we had EP or TFP, and most of us didn't even have a 6* Vader. The only people that could beat it had a dedicated Droid squad.

e: I've got a new favorite offensive comp: Boba (L), JKA, TFP, EE, GK. I can get so many JKA unique triggers.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 28, 2017

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Pretty sure this game is designed in Hell by Episode 1 Licensed Gungan Furbies, programmed only to tempt you to spend spacebucks every time you need anything.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Hey IGD goons, we had enough currency to kick off raids but I missed the kickoff time. We're due for both to have evening start, morning damage, so they can be kicked off tomorrow. Please note that any officer can start, it doesn't have to be me.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I really can't see Krennic/DT being anywhere near the level of OPdness of Chaze.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Davethulhu posted:

Hey IGD goons, we had enough currency to kick off raids but I missed the kickoff time. We're due for both to have evening start, morning damage, so they can be kicked off tomorrow. Please note that any officer can start, it doesn't have to be me.

Do you want raids to start if we have currency or is there a specific day you like the raids to go? I can start them at 8 PM PST on days we have currency if you are not around.

Mr. Neutron posted:

I really can't see Krennic/DT being anywhere near the level of OPdness of Chaze.

Giving an empire team 2 overloaded kits makes them OP.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Jerkface posted:

Giving an empire team 2 overloaded kits makes them OP.

They are both slow as gently caress and ability block neuters them completely.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Mr. Neutron posted:

They are both slow as gently caress and ability block neuters them completely.

If you ability block DT he will daze u, bro. They arent that slow. Both faster than EP. I want DT on my squad just because he looks beast.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

fishtobaskets posted:

But how many of you also speedrun Super Star Wars on the super famicom enough to have 2nd place on it, also I beat the WR holder at AGDQ live for 200,000 viewers.

I don't care how big a whale I beat in this poo poo, no gaming feat will ever top that for me.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Jerkface posted:

If you ability block DT he will daze u, bro. They arent that slow. Both faster than EP. I want DT on my squad just because he looks beast.

Trip report: Gear X, the best mods I could find - still slower than any enemy Boba, ability block makes him useless, average damage, needs a lot of setup to do anything. Could be good with zeta and Krennic, we will see. On it's own though, nope.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009

Davethulhu posted:

Thanks for the heads up. I think we're disciplined enough to kick them off when we get the coins. We've been doing this for months.

If anyone has a hero that can help me get through 9B, please add me!

Bola Het
336 246 591

I'm running a Rebels team, all gear x. Not sure who to pair them with. My jedi are weak af currently. If only it was a dark side node!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Mr. Neutron posted:

Trip report: Gear X, the best mods I could find - still slower than any enemy Boba, ability block makes him useless, average damage, needs a lot of setup to do anything. Could be good with zeta and Krennic, we will see. On it's own though, nope.

I intend to have the faster Boba (less than 50 purples for G11 now), so I'm counting on that. I also just finished JKA's last item, so he's sitting on 54% CC + Boba's 10%.

You can't take DT or Krennic on their own. Baze is good enough to be run on his own. Chirrut is laughably bad without Baze.
Here is what a max DT will look like with mods: 30k hp, 45k Protection. Basic: 4500-5k. Terminate: 10k. DT also attacks twice if the target is a rebel (hi Chaze).

Krennic: 20k hp, 22k Protection (I'm expecting Speed, CD, and Prot for right side mods). Basic: 10k.

Here's where their synergy makes them op. Krennic's guard; Whenever DT scores a Crit, he and DK recover 20% HP. DT has a 50% chance to gain 100% TM whenever DK takes damage. DK can't be crit while DT is alive. DT assault: 3turn cd, Deal special damage to all enemies with a 70% chance to inflict stagger. If any enemies are debuffed, revive DT with 20% HP for each debuffed enemy. If DT is present, he is called to assist. Immeasurable Power: DK/DT gain 10% cd for each debuffed enemy and each Rebel (hi Chaze).

With DT zeta's, DK can't be crit while DT is alive, but DT has 70k+ ehp, and DK revives DT if literally anyone is debuffed. If you shoot DK, DT has a 50% chance to gain 100% TM. Add in GK, where if anyone takes a crit, GK then taunts. Add in Zader to just straight up murder everyone (slowly with dots), and one more. I'm looking at zBoba as the best option here, and I'm thinking about giving him a zeta first and running him lead until I get my 3rd zeta for Vader (2nd for DT). I'll probably run Boba (L), Krooper, GK, TFP/EP/RG/Shore/JKA. People in TI are saying the strongest team is going to be Zader, Zid, zDT, Krennic, GK. I'm not going to even think about leveling/gearing Sid until I have the zeta ready and all the other four are in place. I also want to see what this Kylo rework does.

Also, I think that against non-rebel comps, Chaze are probably a little bit stronger than Krooper -- DT gets double basics, which can daze and stun in one attack, and both get +10% cd per rebel.

tldr: their synergy is what makes them strong.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

I just started playing again after months off, someone toss me a guild invite please. 125-742-626

Also please tell me what do, rough plan is to finish my rebel team then finish out my scoundrels. After those build me an empire team.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Arena meta report: DT/Krennic are looking like they're going to be pretty beastly even down at 4*, so expect them to take over. Our top arena theorycrafter (he came up with timeout and timeout + Chaze) is saying that the best comp will probably be Zader, Zid (yeah, darth sidious, go figure), ZDT, Krennic, GK or B2 (but probably GK). Obviously we'll all be scrabbling to just get one Zeta together, and I think Zader is the clear first, probably followed by DT, plus you probably don't want to gear up DS right now. So, I'd probably aim for Zader, DT, Krennic, GK, Boba. Two other replacements for Sid will be EP and TFP.

In case you're wondering about Sid, he has a max base speed of 161, puts 4 DoTs on a crit, and is sith so his aoe has 50% to remove 25% TM.

If I don't have access to GK what do you think would work?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
If Chaze is killed by a death trooper, he should fire a parting shot for 50k damage.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

May I please request an invite on behalf on my good friend for Qui GoonJinn

633-251-642 game name Barazec

very active, forums lurker, he and I live in the same time zone (Japan time, hard to find friends within it) and will co-ordinate with the guild rules. He'd very much appreciate being part of it.

edit: did anyone see this random one time only Rogue 1 pack pop up?

ローグ・ワン記念スペシャルガチャ was the name of it for me, it was $7 USD and it came with 700 crystals and random rogue 1 character shards... I of course got 10 Bistan when 50 Baze was on the menu but what ever, basically the same price as "bag of crystals" but with 10 bistan and some 5* training droids.

I feel baited, but nobody else seems to have even seen the pack available.

Danzel Glovington fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 28, 2017

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Jerkface posted:

Do you want raids to start if we have currency or is there a specific day you like the raids to go? I can start them at 8 PM PST on days we have currency if you are not around.
Nah, start when we have the currency. Also alternate day and night damage, but always start tank at night pacific.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
My Jedi team just barely managed to squeak through the Krennic event, but I'm having a lot more trouble with Deathtrooper's last battle. I mostly seem to be taking too much damage too quickly in the second half. I'm also going after IG-88 first, but I'm not sure if that's the right move. Any advice?

https://swgoh.gg/u/taranwanderer/collection/

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

If I don't have access to GK what do you think would work?

Shoretrooper, Baze, B2, or JKA would probably be best.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Thanks for the invite. Suggestions on who to get in GW? I just finished Biggs and will be done with Teebo in a week or so. I already have Lumaria and Phasma. I was thinking Cad, I know he's not the best but I unlocked him with a Bronze card when I started playing and I still need a scoundrel team.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malkof posted:

Thanks for the invite. Suggestions on who to get in GW? I just finished Biggs and will be done with Teebo in a week or so. I already have Lumaria and Phasma. I was thinking Cad, I know he's not the best but I unlocked him with a Bronze card when I started playing and I still need a scoundrel team.

Read the OP, it has a pretty good list:

Malgrin posted:

Priority Heroes (Roughly in order):
LS/DS Hard mode: Jedi Knight Anakin, Royal Guard, Rey, Daka.
Cantina battles: Lando, Wedge, Tie Fighter Pilot, Jedi Knight Anakin, Royal Guard, Geonosian Soldier, Old Ben, Chief Chirpa
Cantina credits: Boba, QGJ, Daka, Fives, Hoth Rebel Scout
Arena credits: Stormtrooper Han, IG-88, Admiral Ackbar, Leia
Galactic War credits: Lumi, Teebo, Biggs, Phasma, Poggle, IG-86
Guild Credits: Rex, Sun Fac, Darth Maul, Jawa Engineer
Ship shipments*: Rex, Sun Fac, Darth Maul, Wedge

I'd skip Cad, since you already have him unlocked, he is useless. I'd put IG-86 ahead of Poggle in Mal's list. If you have ships unlocked, you should be buying ships with your GW credits instead probably.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

Read the OP, it has a pretty good list:

I'd skip Cad, since you already have him unlocked, he is useless. I'd put IG-86 ahead of Poggle in Mal's list. If you have ships unlocked, you should be buying ships with your GW credits instead probably.

Oh, yeah, I should just delete poggle...giant waste of resources

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Malgrin posted:

Oh, yeah, I should just delete poggle...giant waste of resources

Fun part of coming back from months off is all the time and effort I've put in (like Poggle and Dooku) are balls terrible.

Last guild I was in took days to clear tier 6 Rancor and a week for tier 6 tank. I'm behind on everything, hopefully now that I'm a goon guild I can start getting over this gear hump VIII I'm stuck in.