Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

KV 122, Krupp Steyr Waffleträger and Pz2J on sale.

None of these are worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Yeah but doesnt this latest change mean the panther II gets the same gun?

The Panther 2 will be getting the comically long 88mm L100 gun (which was previously only available on the E-50), but it always had the regular long 88mm L71 gun which it shares with the Panther 8.8

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Mr.48 posted:

The Panther 2 will be getting the comically long 88mm L100 gun (which was previously only available on the E-50), but it always had the regular long 88mm L71 gun which it shares with the Panther 8.8

Oh

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

AT 7 in HD

i'm real curious about how its new hit model looks

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Did the VK 72.01 (K) really need a speed nerf? It was a faster E100 with a shiter gun. Now what is it? Just a shitter E100 reject?

gently caress you WG.

Also, the Witcher 3 grabbed me by the hair and ran in the opposite direction of WoT.

Fake Edit: lololol @ the T28, T28 Proto and T95 speed boosts. I liked the Proto, now it seems like it won't be that bad.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Atomizer posted:

I just noticed the duration. :stare: Correct me if I'm wrong, though, but don't you get a 1-hour ban after like 2 TKs in a single battle or something? How the hell do you get to the point where you can even earn a month-long ban?!

Also, ROFLBurger, you're "butte" in-game, right? I think a pubbie complained to me about you for some random TK a couple weeks ago. :rolleyes: I told him something along the lines of, "I'll have top men work on it right now. Top...men...." :3:

Butte gets off on finishing off low health teammates at the end of the game. The TKs are deserved because they are all terrible pubbies.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

My TK policy is as follows:

• kill friendly pubs with low health towards the end of a winning match and watch them have a meltdown in chat
  • kill friendly pubs that are mouthing off
  • kill friendly pubs that bump me while I'm aiming
  • track friendly pubs that are going to finish off an enemy tank before I get a shot

Also, I got a handful of hourly bans, then a 7 day ban, and last night got my first 30 day ban. You're safe until you start powering through those hourly bans I think.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Last night we had some loving jackoff that got mad at the team, decided not to participate, and hid behind a rock. I hit that guy with some good poo poo and got immediately banned.

Atomizer posted:

How the hell do you get to the point where you can even earn a month-long ban?!

I've also shot badllama a LOT

ROFLburger fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jan 27, 2017

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.
EnsignExpendable, in your travels have you seen this?
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-38770226
The Uralvagonzavod, which was known as Stalin Ural Tank Factory No. 183 during the war, is making a childrens book! Adventures of the Little Tank is a story of a little toy tank forgotten overnight in the plant, and it meets the real tanks at night.
I googled a little, but cannot find an english version - any chance you could locate a copy and share a translation?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

ROFLburger posted:

• kill friendly pubs with low health towards the end of a winning match and watch them have a meltdown in chat
  • track friendly pubs that are going to finish off an enemy tank before I get a shot

Also, I got a handful of hourly bans, then a 7 day ban, and last night got my first 30 day ban. You're safe until you start powering through those hourly bans I think.

Honestly you just sound like an rear end in a top hat and should probably be banned longer. That's what this shitass community really needs, bigger assholes to "teach them a lesson" or whatever.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Barry posted:

Honestly you just sound like an rear end in a top hat and should probably be banned longer. That's what this shitass community really needs, bigger assholes to "teach them a lesson" or whatever.

rofl

he is an rear end in a top hat though but to be fair 50% of his TK's are just me.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 27, 2017

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

its roflburger

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Barry posted:

That's what this shitass community really needs, bigger assholes to "teach them a lesson" or whatever.

:agreed:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Barry posted:

:qq: sorry if you can't handle me cleaning up your little "community"

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Barry posted:

Nice meltdown.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Meltdown? Really?

I think you're operating under a false assumption that anything is going to be learned by your little self-policing. All that will come of it is pissing people off, making things worse. Well done there rogue lawkeeper

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Are the number of team kills you have done tracked as a stat somewhere?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Barry posted:

Meltdown? Really?

I think you're operating under a false assumption that anything is going to be learned by your little self-policing. All that will come of it is pissing people off, making things worse. Well done there rogue lawkeeper

Wait, this one's better.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Maimgara posted:

EnsignExpendable, in your travels have you seen this?
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-38770226
The Uralvagonzavod, which was known as Stalin Ural Tank Factory No. 183 during the war, is making a childrens book! Adventures of the Little Tank is a story of a little toy tank forgotten overnight in the plant, and it meets the real tanks at night.
I googled a little, but cannot find an english version - any chance you could locate a copy and share a translation?

No, but there were plenty of military themed stories for children when I was growing up without dumbing anything down to a cartoon.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

McGavin posted:

Wait, this one's better.

:rolleyes:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

ROFLburger posted:

Hey you are the one that TKd me yesterday. I (FisuleNam) said that I was going to send a screencap in a support ticket. I guess that was highly effective...

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hey you are the one that TKd me yesterday. I (FisuleNam) said that I was going to send a screencap in a support ticket. I guess that was highly effective...

I hope this is true.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

It is exceedinly true except that I doubt wargaming would get to a support ticket in less than 72 hours.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

you're gonna have to be more specific

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Ill post the replay later. I was in an fv4205 in the middle of a field, maybe 230 hp left, match end was imminent. You (kv-4) shot me for no apparent reason.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

That certainly sounds like something I would do, but I don't have that tank

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Thread more entertaining than actually playing tanks.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Then that must mean there are 2 dipshits out there and I refuse to believe that.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Barry posted:

I agree, sounds like a well deserved ban.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BadLlama posted:

Are the number of team kills you have done tracked as a stat somewhere?

I sure hope so.

Ill post the replay later. I was in an fv4205 in the middle of a field, maybe 230 hp left, match end was imminent. You (kv-4) shot me for no apparent reason.

I would do that too if I were in a KV-4, sounds fun.

And yeah support tickets about basically everything are ignored, physics abuse isn't reportable, proven cheat usage isn't reportable, etc.

e: oh hey this is hidden in the patchnotes:

quote:

Improved the mechanism of arranging Platoon members when the battle is loading (Platoon members are arranged on the map closer to each other\considering map specifics, the number of Platoons.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 27, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Woah the type 4 and type 5 are getting a 15cm. I hope that isn't the same one from the O-I.

Type 5 Heavy
– Added gun 15 cm / 45 41st Year Type
– Reinforced turret and hull armor

Type 4 Heavy
– Added gun 15 cm/45 41st Year Type
– Weight capacity for Type 4 Heavy Kai changed from 165,000 kg. up to 170,000 kg.
– Reinforced hull armor

Oh my loving god, after four months of this being announced, it's finally happening.

Anyone know when this patch is due to hit?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh my loving god, after four months of this being announced, it's finally happening.

yeah i can't believe they got it done that fast either

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I have my tier 9 jap heavy unlocked and ready to go, just haven't purchased it yet cause I don't want to play it in its current poo poo form.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hold on now, someone quickly tell me whether I should "grind" the T-34-85 or not?

Late to the party but:

Also, what Hellsau said. Soviet lights & meds are where it's at.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Back: Broken.

T-34 still owns a lot. Aim time on the 57mm is a bit of a pain in the rear end, but goddamn, does it put out damage ever so good.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Still stuck on Heavy tank 12? Block 3x your HP and cause 2,000 damage. Getting pubbies to shoot me enough is surprisingly difficult, they are starting to realize that shooting a tank in the same spot over and over again probably wont change the outcome from the last shot.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The T-34 is blatant statspaddery.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Archenteron posted:

What is this world I return to

I ground up to that shitbox 3 years ago and have been enjoying the gently caress out of it after coming back and finding it got super buffed. Regularly had games of 4000+ damage bounced just by driving forwards at enemy tanks. It sounds bad that they're dropping the lower plate, but they're also removing the upper plate weakspots and hugely buffing the side so....

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I hope they're fixing the shoulders of the Type4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
They are, assuming they haven't changed their plans. They'll be the same thickness as the front, iirc, so it's a pretty significant buff.

e: I doubt they're moving the ammo racks, though