Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Happy Holocaust Rememberance Day.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/825132960743579649

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/825134000842772480

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/825134418377506816

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Mayor of Berlin laid down a Reagan burn earlier. Not that it matters a lot, but I'm starting to feel increasingly words for my girl Angie :smith:

https://twitter.com/JeremyCliffe/status/825038118504058880

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 28, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
How far along does this bullshit go before people step in and put a stop to all of this?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Pesticide20 posted:

How far along does this bullshit go before people step in and put a stop to all of this?

Most of this poo poo is pure republican boilerplate, just slightly more extreme because it's Donnie. So a President Rubio could've done this poo poo too, but it'd impossible to know.

With that said, most of his executive orders so far have been unenforceable or practically a press release, but I think this one is the real deal.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Pesticide20 posted:

There are no adults in the room and Paul Ryan is a craven piece of poo poo that thinks he can get his ~better way~ trash through as long as he whispers sweet nothings into Trump's ear

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
With that all said, there are *weird* signs of adulthood. McCain and Graham can't stand Donnie's bullshit. Sasse isn't a fan either.

And weirdest, McConnell (R-Turtle) keeps ruling out changing the filibuster, which you'd think he'd absolutely love to kill ASAP.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/316583-mcconnell-all-but-rules-out-filibuster-change

Edit 2: Nevermind Two Finger!

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/825138913564098562

Meanwhile, Donnie's team tried to get away with some funny poo poo. They cancelled $5m of Obamacare ads (for no refund) to make the enrollment numbers suck, since deadlines drive enrollments. They just caved on it because their funny poo poo was exposed. https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/825120734427111427

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 28, 2017

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I'm not sure how excited they would be to kill the filibuster at the moment because they're feeling heat in 2018 already because Trump can't keep his mouth shut.

Almost like the filibuster serves a purpose.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Like Judges, Senators really don't want to give up any of their power. Keeping the filibuster also lets them let Dems kill poo poo that even the GOP don't want to pass, but without the primary challenge.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

quote:

mlmp08 posted:
Win. We never win anymore. But now we're going to win, OK?

When was the last time the US military won a war anyway? First Gulf War? WWII?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The better question isn't if we win(we win alot now), but whether it actually makes the world or the US better off for it. In that the answer is universally no.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Good god it's good that Donnie is rich because there is no way in hell the guy could make it through regular daily life in the world otherwise

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Yeah they're not going to kill the fillibuster.

Well they might but I'd be shocked.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Here's last week's system of not vetting refugees:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

AmyL posted:

When was the last time the US military won a war anyway? First Gulf War? WWII?

Panama was the last victory, Gulf War was more of a forfet then a win.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

joan mott, does the US collect biodata only from refugees coming from the Middle East or anyone that is a refugee?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

joat mon posted:

Here's last week's system of not vetting refugees:

Excuse me, but whitehouse.gov is no longer a valid source, please find another :v:

(yes I know it was from Obama's time)

Also, I keep having to edit poo poo because everyone's analyzing the executive order at the same time and it's written weird, so shitloads of stuff is unclear. Except for the whole hating muslims thing. That's pretty clear.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/govpencein/status/674249808610066433

You said it, Mike!

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

AmyL posted:

joan mott, does the US collect biodata only from refugees coming from the Middle East or anyone that is a refugee?

There's a sizable database of biometric data available for ID checking thanks to The Long War.

Guess where the data was collected!!!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mike Pence is a spineless slug? Who'd have thought?!

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

AmyL posted:

Biodata is biographical information. Biometrics are various positive ID methods, from fingerprints to facial recognition to iris scans. Fingerprints and digital photos are used on everyone, iris scans are used on some. I think there was a ton of iris and DNA biometric data collected in Iraq and Afghanistan over the last 15+ years which is probably why Syrians have been getting run through iris scans more than others.

Another bit from the EO on refugees:

(Someone else already wondered if Trump would have to pass this test upon return if he went overseas)

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I wonder if we'll get kicked out of Five Eyes over this poo poo.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

To be fair, the EO does refer to demographic minority religions within a country and not to Christians explicitly, and would technically include Shi'a coming from Syria.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/cogentanalysis/status/824803334322266112

Read the whole thing. If she's correct on this, loving :laffo:.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mike-o posted:

Gonna start buying a shitton of guns and ammo in preparation for my mad max ascendancy.

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Two Finger posted:

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

best av on this so-called forum

https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/825118720079044612

quote:

From the time Donald J. Trump became their candidate until he took the oath of office, congressional Republicans treated his policy pronouncements — largely out of step with Republican dogma — as essentially a distraction. He would talk. They would drive the policies.

But now, the question of whether congressional Republicans would change President Trump or Mr. Trump would change them has an early answer. Mr. Trump cheerfully addressed the group here at their policy retreat on Thursday, and they responded with applause to many proposals they have long opposed.

Republican lawmakers appear more than ready to open up the coffers for a $12 billion to $15 billion border wall, perhaps without the commensurate spending cuts that they demanded when it came to disaster aid, money to fight the Zika virus or funds for the tainted water system in Flint, Mich. They also seem to back a swelling of the federal payroll that Mr. Trump has called for in the form of a larger military and 5,000 more border patrol agents.

They have stayed oddly silent as Mr. Trump and Senate Democrats push a $1 trillion infrastructure plan, larger than one they rejected from President Barack Obama. Once fierce promoters of the separation of powers, Republicans are now embracing Mr. Trump’s early governing by executive order, something they loudly decried during Mr. Obama’s second term.

:yeah:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

My work is sending out emails to employees of Arab countries telling them not to leave the country if they don't have full US citizenship- at least not until they've figured out what Trump's immigration bullshit is all about. I was right across from a young, smart, well-educated Arab woman when she got the email, and the sadness I saw in her eyes was enough to break anyone's heart.

I haven't really been doing too well lately, and I'm far removed from the worst of Trump's more disastrous policies.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
They should go back... to a country that will exist in 4 years

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Woof Blitzer posted:

They should go back... to a country that will exist in 4 years

they will not be spared the cleansing Hellfire of SS-18 Satan Blessed is His Name

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

joat mon posted:

Biodata is biographical information. Biometrics are various positive ID methods, from fingerprints to facial recognition to iris scans. Fingerprints and digital photos are used on everyone, iris scans are used on some. I think there was a ton of iris and DNA biometric data collected in Iraq and Afghanistan over the last 15+ years which is probably why Syrians have been getting run through iris scans more than others.

(Someone else already wondered if Trump would have to pass this test upon return if he went overseas)

I said biodata because of the bit regarding the refugees. Thank you for the correction

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
John Hurt is dead at age 77.
http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/01/r-i-p-john-hurt-academy-award-nominated-actor-has-died/

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I don't even feel bad about people dying anymore. They are the lucky ones.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Get ahead of it all and directly poison your baby.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/27/health/homeopathic-teething-belladonna-fda/index.html

quote:

The Food and Drug Administration urged parents Friday to not use Hyland's homeopathic teething products containing belladonna

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

GOD drat IT

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Homeopathic medicine is the biggest crock of poo poo ever, and a lot of people who believe in it are loving antivaxxers too.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

"The Black Rabbit of Inle posted:

I've come to ask if you'd like to join my Owsla. We shall be glad to have you, and I know you'd like it. You've been feeling tired, haven't you? If you're ready, we might go along now. 

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Chiropractcy (sp?) is really big in my city and no one understands its just a crock of poo poo because there are professional schools for it. There's a reason healthcare stopped helping people paying for it years ago

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

:golfclap:

edit: I wonder if it was deliberate to have the previous article link to a performance of the Arthur theme song.

Kuroyama fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 28, 2017

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

FYI Belladonna is a full on anti-cholinergic like datura, which is something TCC idiots have occasionally posted about. It's a deleriant, meaning it causes hallucinogens where the user can't tell if they're real or not. AKA the perfect thing you want to put your baby on.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

rip kane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

suboptimal posted:

My work is sending out emails to employees of Arab countries telling them not to leave the country if they don't have full US citizenship- at least not until they've figured out what Trump's immigration bullshit is all about. I was right across from a young, smart, well-educated Arab woman when she got the email, and the sadness I saw in her eyes was enough to break anyone's heart.

God loving damnit.

• Locked thread