Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

HGH posted:

Maybe the Blu-Rays will make it better again?

I dunno how the action scenes ended up though.

I just looked up a comparison on Youtube and it seems like the battle scenes only got minor improvements at best - certainly nothing significant like that gif you posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nDzg-F_09M - obviously NWS.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat talking about paying various secret frogs to manipulate drop tables destroyed my passing interest in Nioh.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Paying a trivial amount of money for 17% more armor drops really is some kind of crime against humanity

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Which Berserk anime should I watch?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Pat talking about paying various secret frogs to manipulate drop tables destroyed my passing interest in Nioh.

:what:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The manga

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rodyle posted:

What's your problem with it exactly?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Like, I'm guessing that's referring to the kodamas that you can find in the missions that give you drop buffs to certain types of items, but it's such a minor thing I have no idea how that would influence your opinion on the game, even if it is just a passing interest.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The percentages are like 5% and it costs like 100 currency to change it, it's a complete non-issue.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I was wondering what the hell he meant by frogs considering the only frog I saw was a boss. But yeah, like others said it's a tiny boost for a cheap cost.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The three movies.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Burkion posted:

The manga

This is the right answer.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm ETHAN MCSTUMPY.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I thought it said Clancy got away on that piece of paper?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I've watched a couple of people play the beginning of re7 but that's the first time I've seen that leg thing happen

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Only Pat is good enough to trigger unique failure based plot events.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

The outtakes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wec6QmAZd5Y

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

What's your problem with it exactly?

That kind of MMO rarity chart nonsense is crack for Pat and poison for me.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I haven't been watching the Zaibatsu's videos for more than a year, but I have kept up OK stuff like Liam leaving. Are there any LPS I missed that I need to see?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I haven't been watching the Zaibatsu's videos for more than a year, but I have kept up OK stuff like Liam leaving. Are there any LPS I missed that I need to see?

gently caress yes.

Omnikron

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Rodyle posted:

There are fixed drops in the environment, too. It's mostly the skills on weapons and armor that are random, and if the past demos are any indication, are completely ignorable.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Berserk is like the white whale of adaptations. You can try to capture it's near transcendental majesty but more often than not you just end up losing a limb.

TexMexFoodbaby fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 27, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lets hang out posted:

I've watched a couple of people play the beginning of re7 but that's the first time I've seen that leg thing happen

The Achievement Hunters had the same leg thing happen

Because Geoff is a wonderful person

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

If you really wanna watch a Berserk anime, just do the '97 series.

It's a good way to jump in because that was pretty much why that one was made, to show you some cool stuff and then cap off like "And there's plenty more where that came from."

Also the music is great, the incredible engrish opening very much included.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Can't say this with 100% surety since I'm only going off the alpha, beta, and demo, but the Diablo/MMO-esque loot stuff seems like a very minor thing. Like, you can get a rare sword that's a significant upgrade and lets you poo poo on the enemies for a bit, but it 90% comes down to smart play and use of all your moves more than anything. It also has mechanics that let you swap stats and models between weapons, so if you get a good thing you can just rely on that for the entire game and keep it relevant by feeding it other weapons.

Re: Berserk anime

The 90s series is very good. If you watch it I recommend skipping the first episode until the end. Because of the content changes they made to the anime the first episode is barely relevant at all.

The movies are cool but even worse for getting into the series thanks to how much they have to cut. Also the CG is mediocre to bad until the third movie where they actually got it down really well (and so of course proceeded to stop making films).

Starting and finishing with the manga is definitely the best, but if you really want to start with anime then go with the 90s series, skip the first episode until you've finished it, and then read the manga.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 27, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Any equipment juggling is super minor in comparison to just skilling it out in Nioh, Pat's just being dumb and highlighting unimportant things from the sound of it.

Like Muneshige, essentially the super boss in the beta/demo stuff? You can beat the dude barehanded if you're enough of a badass to just blade catch him a time or two.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 27, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

lets hang out posted:

I wonder how many limbs Ethan will have to reattach before the end of the game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Like Muneshige, essentially the super boss in the beta/demo stuff? You can beat the dude barehanded if you're enough of a badass to just blade catch him a time or two.

Yeah you can straight up kill him in one hit if you parry him barehanded and have a couple buffs going on.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Go tell Aunt Woolie
Go tell Aunt Woolie
Go tell Aunt Woolie that everybody's salt

I was raised in the woolie hole
Near Maddentown twisted and foul
They said I be kommen bak
broke my cool hulk doll

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Latest RE7 video:

HOLY poo poo I had no idea Papa Baker could do that, cutting off your leg and then letting you reattach it with miracle gro. That is loving amazing.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Genocyber posted:

Latest RE7 video:

HOLY poo poo I had no idea Papa Baker could do that, cutting off your leg and then letting you reattach it with miracle gro. That is loving amazing.

guess what

its unscripted, regular enemies can do it too

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

boy are my arms tired posted:

guess what

its unscripted, regular enemies can do it too

I was actually wondering that. I know it's unscripted cause it never happened to me, but I wasn't sure if enemies other than him could do it. That's real friggin' neato.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

DumbparameciuM posted:

Go tell Aunt Woolie
Go tell Aunt Woolie
Go tell Aunt Woolie that everybody's salt

I was raised in the woolie hole
Near Maddentown twisted and foul
They said I be kommen bak
broke my cool hulk doll

:golfclap:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I knew Matt's time off would give him a Power Up.

https://twitter.com/LeanaMastro/status/825120486958862336

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Hahahaha, of course Matt fucks it up immediately and hurts his hand.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Man, i'm glad i stopped being a dumb babbu and started the second episode because this

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm ETHAN MCSTUMPY.

is hilarious.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Hiro Protagonist posted:

There was this really good Cryme Tyme one-off about a month ago, for Streets of LA. The XCOM 2 LP is a lot of fun, it's got Pat constantly loving up, Liam vainly offering great advice in spite of never playing the game, and Quisling Woolie. The recent Titanfall 2 LP was a good hype look at the game, and also short.

The Omikron LP is top-tier stuff. It drags on a lot but that's kinda the point.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Disaster Report (P/L/M) is pretty baller. Also has mad poo poo spoken about Woolie in one ep.
Catherine (W/M) is pretty interesting if you'd like insight on Matt and Woolie's thoughts about relationships.
The Punisher (P/W/M) is amazing.
Naruto: Broken Bond (P/W/M) is kinda like Omikron, but less good. Definitely worth checking the first few episodes.
Deus Ex Human Revolution (P/M) was good and insightful of that game.
Metal Wolf Chaos (P/L/M) is awesome and fun.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's easier to list what to avoid.

Avoid all liam-driven LP's except the sonic werewolf one. Because he did basically boring Not-castlevania in the last year other than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

It's easier to list what to avoid.

Avoid all liam-driven LP's except the sonic werewolf one. Because he did basically boring Not-castlevania in the last year other than that.

Disaster Report is still an amazing LP though, Liam be damned