Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

tbh the ability to customize scorestreaks, even if it was a purely cosmetic skin replacement ala jason from BLOPS2, would be very cool + interesting

Oh no doubt. Remember I'm the idiot that bought the snoop dog voice pack for ghosts. And I don't regret it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bumper Stickup posted:

Oh no doubt. Remember I'm the idiot that bought the snoop dog voice pack for ghosts. And I don't regret it at all.

I bought the space cats camo

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Captain Price pack here.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Fuckin' sweater camo for the riot shield.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Bumper Stickup posted:

can someone explain to me why The Gaming Industry hasn't realized & in turn capitalized upon the guaranteed pile of money that is Terry Crews

i mean is he going to be doing announcer voices for overwatch or what

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

can someone explain to me why The Gaming Industry hasn't realized & in turn capitalized upon the guaranteed pile of money that is Terry Crews

i mean is he going to be doing announcer voices for overwatch or what

Nah, he's just gonna Fist Doom in Overwatch. With his fist.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Afghan is looking good. Finally a map with good sniping spots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ra8Pw4_o3o

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

And on the opposite spectrum, we have Black Ops 3 being ported to the OG PS1.

I'm reinstalling it on PC because god drat I wanna try this.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Draw distance is way too high for PS1.
:goonsay:

(still pretty funny)

If San Andreas were an FPS...

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 27, 2017

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

Draw distance is way too high for PS1.
:goonsay:

(still pretty funny)

If San Andreas were an FPS...

It's a little thing called compromise. I ain't playin' if I can't load anything ten meters in front of my face.

Still got me to reinstall. Gonna see if this works for zombos.]

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Got some actual fan mail last night.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Javes posted:

Got some actual fan mail last night.

I really miss the lobby and death cam trash talk that's all but disappeared with the advent of the modern party system. Games less fun when you can't ask your honorable opponent a question. It's not actually a question

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I saw Javes do some disgusting things last night in Kill Confirmed.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Thinking about what Epic gun to unlock next, since I'm close to 4000 salvage again. Most things are still locked since I don't have the Legendarys, so my choice is between the NV4s, the Banshees, the Reavers, the Erads, and the Ripper.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Get that dual shotgun Type 2. I really want to see a (goon) vid with those.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

Get that dual shotgun Type 2. I really want to see a (goon) vid with those.

I got the Butcher out of a box, and while the shotguns are better than the Akimbo mode, they're still not great.

There's a new title update out with essentially Prestige for Mission Teams, where you get Mk2 variants of the previous Mission Team weapons and salvage at every level you don't get weapons. And you can now view your career medals, but you can't view medals post-match.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i played the division last night few a few hours after everyone kicked off and god drat i still really like that game (and it has better drop rates)

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Double XP is now up. They also added in a way to see your medals and how many missions you've completed for each team.

Still no Leaderboards, even though that's been a super basic feature for as long as I can remember. Also, Combat Record is now "Coming Soon" (ie. with the third DLC pack).

Gordon Shumway fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 27, 2017

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Leaderboards and Combat Records are OP.

Alternate joke: Leaderboards and Combat Records aren't like programming something as groundbreaking as advanced fish A.I., it's a WHOLE other level of complexity.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

i played the division last night few a few hours after everyone kicked off and god drat i still really like that game (and it has better drop rates)
Rev and I have been playing, so if you see us on jump in! I'm also up for 2xp cod this weekend.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
logged on to see how my jumpshots compared against Javes, i have a twelveth of his overall total

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I'll be able to play division uninterrupted tomorrow 3-8pm MST (sorry about yesterday skeeter) so day day or anyone else pop on for that. Also down for shootymans as well

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Awesome, I have a brutal medal and no Nuke emblem, despite running the Fallout in the one game where I could have earned said medal.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Theres a medal for winning Rock Paper Sissors via 3 specific hand taunts with a teammate/enemy. I don't care for it because the one where you crush dirt between your fingers is the best hand taunt.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Direct impact double kill with a tube.

https://fat.gfycat.com/FatherlyHideousGreatwhiteshark.mp4

Leaderboards are up now. My jumpshot-related kills (Jumpshot + Dogfight) officially account for around 15% of my total kills.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
That is the most metal thing I have seen yet from this series.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

So the guy behind him died from the sheer pain of his shin shattering into pieces?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I ran several tests and I don't have any packet loss so I don't know what the hell this game is doing. Lowering my download/upload to a really low amount helps a bit, but I can't do it by IP Address so it cripples my entire network.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Just for you Javes :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPrVQ2UEPDg&t=42s

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Weirdly I don't get the Wipeout medal to pop up on screen for this.

https://giant.gfycat.com/AbandonedGloriousAxisdeer.mp4

One of my favorite gameplays from IW. The OSA is unbeatable if your aim is true. Also seen here is the new rope-a-dope strategy to keep pubbies in Dom games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W1VgfF-X_s

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Did IW say if the dlc is going to be integrated into all playlists or not?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

They never did it with Ghosts, why would they start now.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This is cool. Maybe MWR will be playable now.

https://charlieintel.com/2017/01/30/raven-to-increase-server-send-rate-in-mwr-in-next-patch/

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
did they add IW's movement system or something

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They're deleting it from everyone's library.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Raven obviously smells IW's blood in the water, and is looking to replace them as one of the main three devs.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They're deleting it from everyone's library.

Cool I'm ahead of the trend then. I did this a month after release.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

Raven obviously smells IW's blood in the water, and is looking to replace them as one of the main three devs.

Well they made a COD game with more support then any game in the series (COD Online), so they're more then qualified. They certainly know how to make great single player campaigns, that's for sure. Maybe COD "whatever the gently caress" will have some crazy time traveling poo poo like Singularity.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Singularity is a terribly underrated game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Mister Macys posted:

I vaguely remember seeing something that IW's deal with Activision guarantees them as a permanent CoD dev. Though the same article/video also questioned if being moved to working only on remasters and support/dlc for other CoD games would count under the deal.

• Locked thread