Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

homeless snail posted:

no this isn't the tomo thread

He said art dump, not dump art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

To-uh-ous

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
Please don't recommend K-On to any normal human being ever. A perfect alternative would be Nichijou.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

These loving own.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
rear end confirmed to be an actual rear end

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:gosh:

:33:

:ooh~:

:housegoals:

Knorth fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 28, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

rear end posted:

Please don't recommend K-On to any normal human being ever. A perfect alternative would be Nichijou.

this is in reply to?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

rear end posted:

you should watch k-on

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Vargatron posted:

Is it going to send me into spiraling depression like the back half of Clannad?

You'll be depressed that you have no one to play Karuta with.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Parallax posted:

you should watch k-on

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Also this Kingdom Hearts 0.2 thing answers the burning question of "...wait, why wasn't Mickey wearing a shirt in Kingdom Hearts 1?"

In all seriousness it's pretty good. Looks great, plays great, sounds great, it's even doing okay by the batshit mess that is modern KH plot. The Demon Tower/Demon Tide design they keep using for boss fights is a little overused, but super cool.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

maybe they think k-on is too powerful for anime babies

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Chip and Dale are currently analyzing data that Ansem The Wise provided to Riku.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
It's kinda weird that a sweet and fairly funny story about being friends and playing music could be considered too out-there and niche

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Aqua Needs to Suffer More sitting on my coffee table, but Berseria takes priority.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

I have Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Aqua Needs to Suffer More sitting on my coffee table, but Berseria takes priority.

It's pretty short, by the by. I just beat it, 3 hours. Does its job as a "hey here's what we're going for in KH3 + some neat Dark World setpieces." My only real disappointment is that there's a "big swarm of coordinated shadows" boss fight they reuse like 3 times when I was kind of hoping for a good humanoid enemy boss. It's a drat cool swarm boss, though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Knorth posted:

It's kinda weird that a sweet and fairly funny story about being friends and playing music could be considered too out-there and niche

western/internet fandom can't fathom that women might enjoy anime, so of course the cute music club show is actually just for men to jerk off to

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

As someone who played DDD on 3DS, sucks that it's so pricey for what would just be a KH3 beta demo for me.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ANN_Forums_Txt/status/825190917686521858

Oh my god

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Julias posted:

I rarely use the phrase, but The Castle of Cagliostro is highly overrated. Sure, it has Lupin III characters, but it is what feels like a very generic, by the books, rescue plot. That doesn't make it a bad thing; in fact I'd say it's fine, since it's executed competently, but it doesn't do anything truly unique, and it doesn't have anything truly stand-out about it (the animation, music, and artistic style used in the movie are decent to well done, but nothing that will blow you out of the water). At least to me, the hype it gets feels wholly underserved.

It appears I'm going to have to cut another worthless object.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ive never seen castle of Cagliostro but im gonna go ahead and assume julias is a liar and a traitor

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i like mamo and jigen's gravestone better, so far

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

hes right

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/patchimlikit/status/825184542960947201

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

ive never seen castle of Cagliostro but im gonna go ahead and assume julias is a liar and a traitor
watch the car chase at the start and tell me the animation is just average

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

buh

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

have we entered the "actually, miyazaki sucks" phase

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Srice posted:

lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tQqf8nciH0

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Srice posted:

1-800-273-8255

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

There's a new sexy meme sweater in town apparently.

https://twitter.com/magane4989/status/824236985334120448

https://twitter.com/kinosensei/status/824752474707808256

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

rear end posted:

I recommend you watch K-On OP

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Motto posted:

1-800-273-8255

:vince:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
It's a good meme. That said, I thought the last virgin-killer fuku was perhaps cuter, and now they're not really in theme.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon
'Cause that cartoon has got the boom anime babes
That make me think the wrong thing

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

/!\we're at kisscon 2/!\

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Well, personally, you see, actually, I think Castle of Cagliostro is a highly

enjoyable and fun movie

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/evilbmcats/status/824766391630721024

A good cat on a good dumb twitter

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

I picked up the first Gravity Rush since it was thirty bucks, which is much easier to swallow than the eighty they're asking for for the second. It's a lot of fun and very anime so I'll probably pick up the sequel eventually. A lot of the gameplay is "go here, ok, now go there" which is totally fine since movement is such a blast, it feels very unconstrained which I love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Parallax posted:

have we entered the "actually, miyazaki sucks" phase

Alternate facts phase yeah

• Locked thread